Originally Posted by FGEvans
I have finally got my x7500 installed on my ceiling and hope to get my screen up on the weekend.
does anyone have any set up tips to start out with at this point
i know that settings are environment specific but any advice would be appreciated on what to change to get the best settings.
I used this for a 1080p baseline:
- Select a user setting to change (User 1)
- Set the lens aperture to -7 to -10 depending on screen size and desired brightness, then change to Auto 2 (this enables the Dynamic Iris and sets the max brightness)
- Set the color space to Standard, temp to 6500K
- Set the advanced picture settings to Clear Black Low, Enhance 2, Smooth 0, NR 0. Motion Enhance OFF, CMD OFF, Graphic Mode 2K, eShift on or off (I prefer on)
- Set the Gamma to Custom and select 2.4 or 2.5
- Set the brightness to eliminate any crush (+1 - +3)
- Set color to desired saturation (mine was about -8 before calibration yours may vary)
HDR you would use the normal HDR preset, high lamp, e-shift on, graphic mode 4K, and experiment with Picture Tone and Dark Level. The last 2 will introduce some gamma error and clipping, but for out of the box I found they worked very well. I think I used +3 and +2 respectively.
Obviously calibrating will give you the best results, but for just setting it up and enjoying you'll find something like this to be pretty pleasing.