Official JVC RS520/RS620 (X7500/X9500) Owner's Thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10165Likes

post #811 of 5034 Old 02-23-2017, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 45
For using JVC autocal, manual says connect PJ direct to computer using LAN cable. Should this be a crossover cable for direct connection ? Apparently I can alternatively connect PJ and computer to a switch using straight through cables and use DHCP. Is one method easier than the other ?
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 5034 Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Damn. Looks like JVC might have overpromised the X9500s I thought only two was coming in - and it looks like Javs and woofer got the two.
post #813 of 5034 Old 02-23-2017, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey guys, I can't remember if I asked this already (very tired), but have any of you guys had issues with when the Projector enters standby that it affects other monitors connected to the receiver?

Right now, when I turn off my projector and switch back to the television, the receiver stops being able to send a signal to the television. It's as if the receiver is still trying to handshake with the projector which should be in standby and not sending any signals. When I disconnect the HDMI cable from the projector, the TV picture kicks in. If I plug the cable back into the projector -- even still in standby -- picture on the tv goes out and the receiver screen shows signs that it's trying to connect to something and can't do it.

This is my 3rd different receiver (2x Yamaha 3060's and 1x Marantz 7011) and they all have the same issue. It seems to pretty much be limited to the projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #814 of 5034 Old 02-23-2017, 10:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 475 Post(s)
Quoted: 6791 Post(s)
Liked: 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintakaX View Post
For using JVC autocal, manual says connect PJ direct to computer using LAN cable. Should this be a crossover cable for direct connection ? Apparently I can alternatively connect PJ and computer to a switch using straight through cables and use DHCP. Is one method easier than the other ?
Thanks.
Plugging the projector into a router and DHCP has been the easiest for me... the projector will tell you its IP right there in the menu and you just hit connect. I have never had an issue with this. You can even go further and have the IP reserved so Autocal connects every time without you needing to suss out if the IP has changed.

A crossover cable requires extra set up, gee, in this day and age I wouldnt even know how to do that. I remember the good old days of Apple Talk. That was actually easy.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #815 of 5034 Old 02-23-2017, 10:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof View Post
Damn. Looks like JVC might have overpromised the X9500s I thought only two was coming in - and it looks like Javs and woofer got the two.
Nope, Bandy got one too.... Are you looking for one? Let me know if I can help.

New units are coming in about two weeks. I already got another reserved for someone. Better be quick!

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #816 of 5034 Old 02-23-2017, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajreynol View Post
Hey guys, I can't remember if I asked this already (very tired), but have any of you guys had issues with when the Projector enters standby that it affects other monitors connected to the receiver?

Right now, when I turn off my projector and switch back to the television, the receiver stops being able to send a signal to the television. It's as if the receiver is still trying to handshake with the projector which should be in standby and not sending any signals. When I disconnect the HDMI cable from the projector, the TV picture kicks in. If I plug the cable back into the projector -- even still in standby -- picture on the tv goes out and the receiver screen shows signs that it's trying to connect to something and can't do it.

This is my 3rd different receiver (2x Yamaha 3060's and 1x Marantz 7011) and they all have the same issue. It seems to pretty much be limited to the projector.
My HTPC is always connected, and the display on that is a 55" Samsung UHDTV.

It always flickers when the projector is shut off, screen goes blank for less than 1 second (Does a new handshake), but I have never ever had any problems. Same thing happens when I power on and off the AVR too... Nothing like what you describe.

I have a Marantz AV7702 MKII

-
post #817 of 5034 Old 02-23-2017, 11:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Nope, Bandy got one too.... Are you looking for one? Let me know if I can help.

New units are coming in about two weeks. I already got another reserved for someone. Better be quick!

I've already paid for mine. Was told one was allocated for me. But looks like JVC overcommitted
post #818 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 12:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So this arrived today but no X9500
Ronman79 likes this.
post #819 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 01:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
Quote:
Thanks.
Try DHCP and if it fails a crossover cable will do it it's very easy to set up I did min in 15 sec.

Quote:

So this arrived today but no X9500
I got it too the other day pretty decent disc.

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
post #820 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 01:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I've already paid for mine. Was told one was allocated for me. But looks like JVC overcommitted
They required full payment upfront???

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
post #821 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 01:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Show of good faith I guess. Wondering if the winds of change is now in the Z1's favor
Craig Peer likes this.
post #822 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 01:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Show of good faith I guess. Wondering if the winds of change is now in the Z1's favor
Well after spending a couple of days with the 9500 I cannot imagine anything else topping it in the category not even the Z1 except for the 4K panel.
Dandlj and ARROW-AV like this.

post #823 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 01:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The truth was I so badly wanted the Z1 to work. And I doubt my white walls would do justice to the X9500's contrast. That said I've always loved the RS60's black in my room.

Ps JB just put a crazy offer on the Sony Z9D. Should I bite? Wish they'd brought in the 75" version.
post #824 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 04:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavidson View Post
I can't disagree with that. From reports I have seen and provided feedback on, it happens when the Roku Ultra re-syncs into and/or out-of HDR content. I noticed it specifically using Netflix. (Haven't really watched any other HDR sources on the Roku.) It does seem bad enough, though, to get the JVC into a mode where CMD is borked until a power cycle on the JVC. Once this "CMD Color Bar Mode (TM)" is flipped, it doesn't matter the source device or content (HDR, non HDR), if CMD is enabled, only a power cycle of the JVC fixes it. Tivo, Oppo, Roku... 1080p, 1080i, 4k SDR, 4k HDR... once triggered, only a JVC power cycle fixes it.
[BIGLY EDIT... my original post has a typo that made an huge impact on the meaning. After connecting the Roku Ultra directly to the JVC, I COULD NOT reproduce the problem after multiple attempts. This is what lead to my suggestion that the Denon or the long cable run was influencing the issue.]

Decided to try this out again tonight. Pulled my linker from the chain so only Roku Ultra > Denon AVR-X6300h > JVC RS500. Enabled CMD. Switched to the Ultra, ran Netflix, boom... immediate "CMD Color Bar Mode (TM)." First try. (BTW, the color bars are not static. They constantly change/flicker.)

But, i also needed to validate Mike's curiosity, so i moved the Roku and plunged it directly into the JVC on just the 3 foot Certified HDMI cable. No AVR, No 25' Blue Jeans cable run. Sure enough, I could not reproduce after about a dozen attempts. So its either the JVC causing the issue or the 25' HDMI run. Still seems like the JVC should never get in this mode. Really don't know what would cause this ONLY when CMD is enabled on HDR content. Maybe the AVR does something funky with the signal when HDR is enabled in the video stream that confuses the JVC until a power cycle. Maybe the AVR is actually getting messed up and it doesn't reset until a JVC power cycle. I should have tried power cycling the AVR, but didn't think of it last night.

Here is what "CMD Color Bar Mode (TM)" looks like on my machine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ec42.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1990345

Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ec45.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	1990353

Last edited by bdavidson; 02-24-2017 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Small typo that made a huge impact on the content. Could != Couldn't
post #825 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 579 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Good morning guys.. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between hdr hybrid log and hdr st.2084.. For UHD movies im using hdr hybrid log dont know which one i should be using..
post #826 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11818 Post(s)
Liked: 9352
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Decided to try this out again tonight. Pulled my linker from the chain so only Roku Ultra > Denon AVR-X6300h > JVC RS500. Enabled CMD. Switched to the Ultra, ran Netflix, boom... immediate "CMD Color Bar Mode (TM)." First try. (BTW, the color bars are not static. They constantly change/flicker.)

But, i also needed to validate Mike's curiosity, so i moved the Roku and plunged it directly into the JVC on just the 3 foot Certified HDMI cable. No AVR, No 25' Blue Jeans cable run. Sure enough, i could reproduce after about a dozen attempts. So its either the JVC causing the issue or the 25' HDMI run. Still seems like the JVC should never get in this mode. Really don't know what would cause this ONLY when CMD is enabled on HDR content. Maybe the AVR does something funky with the signal when HDR is enabled in the video stream that confuses the JVC until a power cycle. Maybe the AVR is actually getting messed up and it doesn't reset until a JVC power cycle. I should have tried power cycling the AVR, but didn't think of it last night.

Here is what "CMD Color Bar Mode (TM)" looks like on my machine:

Attachment 1990345

Attachment 1990353
Or it could be the Roku Ultra itself. If no other device causes this problem, I would also consider the Ultra as the problem. I have wanted to pick up a Roku Ultra, but due to all the problems I have seen associated with them, I am still waiting.
post #827 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
Good morning guys.. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between hdr hybrid log and hdr st.2084.. For UHD movies im using hdr hybrid log dont know which one i should be using..
Hybrid log is for live broadcast HDR. It is not meant to be used with UHD movies.
Dandlj likes this.
post #828 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Or it could be the Roku Ultra itself. If no other device causes this problem, I would also consider the Ultra as the problem. I have wanted to pick up a Roku Ultra, but due to all the problems I have seen associated with them, I am still waiting.
Mike, after reading your post I re-read mine and realized that my original post has a typo that made a huge impact on the meaning. After connecting the Roku Ultra directly to the JVC, I COULD NOT reproduce the problem after multiple attempts. This is what led to my suggestion that the Denon or the long cable run was influencing the issue.

I have definitely not been able to trigger this color bar mode with another other device. I think the Roku Ultra is the only device I have that sends 4k, 60hz, HDR though. Maybe thats whats tripping up the Denon and/or JVC. I have only had my Oppo sending 4k 24hz HDR. Maybe I should try forcing that in the Oppo and seeing if I can trigger the flashing color bars.

Sorry,

Bradley

Last edited by bdavidson; 02-24-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Damn typos
post #829 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Mike, after being your post I re-read mine and realized that my original post has a typo that made an huge impact on the meaning. After connecting the Roku Ultra directly to the JVC, I COULD NOT reproduce the problem after multiple attempts. This is what lead to my suggestion that the Denon or the long cable run was influencing the issue.

I have definitely not been able to trigger this color bar mode with another other device. I think the Roku Ultra is the only device I have that sends 4k, 60hz, HDR though. Maybe thats whats tripping up the Denon and/or JVC. I have only had my Oppo sending 4k 24hz HDR. Maybe I should try forcing that in the Oppo and seeing if I can trigger the flashing color bars.

Sorry,

Bradley
If connecting straight to the projector with a 3' cable, eliminates the problem, then I agree, it looks like Denon or cable. My guess would be cable.
post #830 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
If connecting straight to the projector with a 3' cable, eliminates the problem, then I agree, it looks like Denon or cable. My guess would be cable.
Yea, all of the interconnects are certified, but there are not a lot of options out there for a 25' certified HDMI run. The blue jeans cable seemed to be well reviewed and recommended and it did fix problems I had.

Im still leaning towards the Denon doing something funky that is confusing the JVC. Just not sure how the cable would impact only if CMD is enabled on HDR content. The signal from the source through to the projector would be no different.

Bradley
post #831 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks Zombie-- Javs was correct, those boxes are not yet in the manual.
Quote:
Mike, after reading your post I re-read mine and realized that my original post has a typo that made a huge impact on the meaning. After connecting the Roku Ultra directly to the JVC, I COULD NOT reproduce the problem after multiple attempts. This is what led to my suggestion that the Denon or the long cable run was influencing the issue.

Sorry,

Bradley
Its odd that we have similar problems with the Ultra and JVC PJs. In my case, my AVR is a Marantz AV7703 and my cables are HD Fury 6', but I had same issue with Blue Jeans 3' certified. A power cycle of my AVR did not fix the issue on my previous unit. Also odd about the CMD involvement. I'm starting to wonder if our Ultra's are somehow defective, if the issue happened with all Ultras and JVC PJs I would think there would be a lot more complaining. As fate would have it, the return window for my Ultra expired three days ago .
I have disconnected the Ultra and am hoping to never see the issue again. I have Netflix and Amazon on my UB900, but I will miss Vudu.
post #832 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Its odd that we have similar problems with the Ultra and JVC PJs. In my case, my AVR is a Marantz AV7703 and my cables are HD Fury 6', but I had same issue with Blue Jeans 3' certified. A power cycle of my AVR did not fix the issue on my previous unit. Also odd about the CMD involvement. I'm starting to wonder if our Ultra's are somehow defective, if the issue happened with all Ultras and JVC PJs I would think there would be a lot more complaining. As fate would have it, the return window for my Ultra expired three days ago .
I have disconnected the Ultra and am hoping to never see the issue again. I have Netflix and Amazon on my UB900, but I will miss Vudu.
Or you could just not use CMD when watching the Roku Ultra. Thats what I do.
post #833 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Here comes another potentially dumb question.
I've been reading the thread on how to set up the linker to disable HDR and it states:
1) the Panny player won't work if Linker is placed between it and AVR, so I need the linker between AVR and PJ.
2) if you have good cables (I have HDFury cables) set the EDID to #2 (full on 600MHz) and
3) check the disable HDR feature. I've scoured the Linker manual and can't see an explicit disable HDR option. I can't find things around my house all the time, so I'm not surprised I can't find this. I don't have the linker, just reading the manual before it arrives. So where exactly is the disable HDR option ? Is it called something else ? I assume under the HDR/AVI tab ?
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
It was only added as a feature literally 3 days ago... They haven't updated the manual yet I guess. Just wait until you get the unit, it should be easy to find on the devices GUI.
Damn, the Linker was amazingly easy to configure and hookup, already had the latest firmware installed as well. I hope autocal is equally as smooth.
post #834 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Or you could just not use CMD when watching the Roku Ultra. Thats what I do.
That's going to be my next step if I am issue free for a few days w/o the Ultra in the chain.
post #835 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Yea, all of the interconnects are certified, but there are not a lot of options out there for a 25' certified HDMI run. The blue jeans cable seemed to be well reviewed and recommended and it did fix problems I had.

Im still leaning towards the Denon doing something funky that is confusing the JVC. Just not sure how the cable would impact only if CMD is enabled on HDR content. The signal from the source through to the projector would be no different.

Bradley
Yes, forgot that you said this happens only when CMD is selected. Strange indeed.
post #836 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 08:12 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 3845 Post(s)
Liked: 6267
Look what just arrived in the mail...

Spizz, woofer, Highjinx and 2 others like this.
post #837 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajreynol View Post

On my Yamaha, I switch from HDMI Out 1 to HDMI Out 2 when changing from TV to projector viewing. There is also an HDMI Out 1+2 setting which can cause problems if both devices aren't powered and able to support the same resolutions.
post #838 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 08:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 189
I can't think of a thread with more informed participants, so let me ask for your help. I hope to have an RS620 installed shortly. My CI and I had settled on the Celerity fiber-optic HDMI cable as the best bet for my 50-foot run. Now, we are getting reports that the Celerity is failing to support full-speed in some installations. A very expensive alternative emerged, the Tributaries fiber-optic cable.

Greatly appreciate your thoughts on what cable to use for a 50-foot run. Thanks!
post #839 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Try DHCP and if it fails a crossover cable will do it it's very easy to set up I did min in 15 sec...
Most PCs these days can auto switch send/receive so a crossover cable is not needed to direct connect.
post #840 of 5034 Old 02-24-2017, 08:50 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 3845 Post(s)
Liked: 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisGJ View Post
I can't think of a thread with more informed participants, so let me ask for your help. I hope to have an RS620 installed shortly. My CI and I had settled on the Celerity fiber-optic HDMI cable as the best bet for my 50-foot run. Now, we are getting reports that the Celerity is failing to support full-speed in some installations. A very expensive alternative emerged, the Tributaries fiber-optic cable.

Greatly appreciate your thoughts on what cable to use for a 50-foot run. Thanks!
Onyx High-Speed HDMI Cable (50 Feet) MAX Series: https://www.amazon.com/Onyx-High-Spe...018TK6VG4?th=1

It's inexpensive but good quality and supports HDMI 2.0a with 21gbps bandwidth and [email protected] and so should do the trick
EllisGJ likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page