Official JVC RS520/RS620 (X7500/X9500) Owner's Thread - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 10166Likes

post #2611 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 25
buy now or wait?

Hi guys. Been lurking on this thread for a while. I'm considering buying a 520 to replace my few year old Sony which is suffering from pretty bad LCD decay. I read through a bunch of this thread earlier and noticed that there was some discussion about vertical banding under some circumstances. I couldn't really tell whether this was blown out of proportion (as sometimes happens around here) or really something that is noticeable in normal use. I also don't know if it's been addressed yet via firmware update. Any news there?

Bottom line is, do y'all think it's a good time to pull the trigger on a 520 (Mike from AVS gave me a good quote), or would you suggest maybe waiting until post CEDIA to see what comes? I'm not in a huge hurry, but my theater has gone unused for the past year because my Sony is so bad that even my wife commented.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
They are near the end of post one, but, you shouldn't bother with his curves, better to spend 5 minutes with the Arve tool and use that to create the right curve for your projector.

If you can open Autocal and have your projector connect to that software, you can also do it with Arve Tool with about the same effort. So there is kinda no excuse not to use it.
Will the Arve curve calibration also provide me an INIT file to save upon calibration?
post #2613 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 09:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbacos View Post
Hi guys. Been lurking on this thread for a while. I'm considering buying a 520 to replace my few year old Sony which is suffering from pretty bad LCD decay. I read through a bunch of this thread earlier and noticed that there was some discussion about vertical banding under some circumstances. I couldn't really tell whether this was blown out of proportion (as sometimes happens around here) or really something that is noticeable in normal use. I also don't know if it's been addressed yet via firmware update. Any news there?

Bottom line is, do y'all think it's a good time to pull the trigger on a 520 (Mike from AVS gave me a good quote), or would you suggest maybe waiting until post CEDIA to see what comes? I'm not in a huge hurry, but my theater has gone unused for the past year because my Sony is so bad that even my wife commented.

Thanks!

Dude, football season is fast approaching. Absolutely, you should!

That would be night and day difference for you visually. I went the 620 route because of some "rumors" that the 520 lens was hit-and-miss. I tend to doubt that, but I found a reburbished 620 at a good price from a reputable dealer, and it's worked out for me. Mike will take good care of you in that regard if you have any issues whatsoever.

You'll be in awe of how bright these are without sacrificing contrast and color. I have a 1.3 gain screen, so I have to turn the dang thing down a bit or I'd need sunglasses.

I'd make dang sure you have a good screen for this, too.
Mike Garrett and Bandyka like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2614 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1377 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
Quote:

Thanks!
Greetings Tbacos... There will always be a NEW model(s) coming out, and waiting to see what is coming around the corner, can be deep, dark rabbit hole. (we have all been down this rabbit hole)

We are so close to any announcements that may be coming for projectors that might be available in the fall or sometime after the new year, if you're not in a real hurry, you can see what news August/September brings.

I personally don't expect anything note worthy popping in the RS520 price range. If there were to be a LCOS e-Shift tech to 8m pixels, I'm guessing it would not be in the RS520 price range.

We are already seeing advance announcements of single panel DLP projectors hitting 8m pixels with e-Shift, but the contrast performance is nowhere near good enough to bump the RS520 out of my HT.

Could there be a 3 panel LCD projector with decent contrast + 8m pixel e-Shift from Epson or someone else? I have not even heard any rumors of such panels being available at a price low enough to be affordable for me.

Might there be a lower cost LASER e-Shift upgrade to the Epson 10500 or JVC 4500? If I were to make a guess, this is where we might see something interesting announced, but probably not anywhere near the cost of a discounted RS520.

For me, I was itching to replace a Sony SXRD VW90ES projector, even though I still think it was a great performer. Honestly, the person who bought it from me got a great deal on a great projector.

I replaced that VW90ES with a RS520 from an AVS member who was moving and down sizing his HT setup from a projector to a large format LG OLED or the Sony Z9D.

I have no regrets buying the the RS520 this close to any news that might pop in a month or so. I am very happy with the image upgrade from my VW90ES.

Some might even say, before they might spend $6000-10K on something NEW coming around the corner, they might look very closely at the RS620 instead.

Good luck with your decision. If you get the RS520, you will not be disappointed, IMHO.

Byte

JVC DLA-X990 (RS640) - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - Panasonic UB820 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #2615 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1933 Post(s)
Liked: 1228
Quote:
Yes, the banding is an issue on the new line of e-shift JVC projectors. It is only a problem when using the CMD processing on the projector. This is the motion processing section that deals with judder and other imaging issues when dealing with fast motion or slow steady pans across the the scene. Some people aren't bothered by the standard motion handling but if you are sensitive to judder and want to use frame interpolation to improve the motion, then you will have to deal with vertical banding in the image.

It hasn't been fixed to date with any firmware update and who knows if it will be fixed. Most might consider this a minor issue as it doesn't even come into play unless you use CMD processing.

However, you might want to wait it out a couple more months and see what is announced at CEDIA in early Sept. Who knows, JVC may make some big changes to the e-shift line-up. Or Epson and Sony may up their game with a new model. It is probably worth waiting. Even if no big changes are announced, by then B-stock JVC 520s should be available at a much better price point.
post #2616 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4156 Post(s)
Liked: 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
I personally don't expect anything note worthy popping in the RS520 price range. If there were to be a LCOS e-Shift tech to 8m pixels, I'm guessing it would not be in the RS520 price range.
I highly doubt the liquid crystal camp will follow TI down that path, they're more likely to go straight to native 4K. And let's be clear, it's not 2.7K chip with pixel shifting. The LC manufacturers don't have any WQXGA (2560x1600) panels that I'm aware of. JVC and Sony already have native 4K panels of the right size, for them, I suspect it's mainly a question of chip yields keeping them from dropping those chips into lower priced machines.

TI on the other hand already had WQXGA chips they could take off the shelf. Combine that with pixel shifting (also "off the shelf") and they have a brilliant marketing device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
Yes, the banding is an issue on the new line of e-shift JVC projectors. It is only a problem when using the CMD processing on the projector. This is the motion processing section that deals with judder and other imaging issues when dealing with fast motion or slow steady pans across the the scene. Some people aren't bothered by the standard motion handling but if you are sensitive to judder and want to use frame interpolation to improve the motion, then you will have to deal with vertical banding in the image.
Let's be absolutely clear, CMD is JVC's frame interpolation system, banding is an issue if you like frame interpolation and want to use it. If you're one of us that can't stand frame interpolation, it's a non-issue.
llang269 and jorgebetancourt like this.
post #2617 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 11:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1377 Post(s)
Liked: 1086
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I highly doubt the liquid crystal camp will follow TI down that path, they're more likely to go straight to native 4K. And let's be clear, it's not 2.7K chip with pixel shifting. The LC manufacturers don't have any WQXGA (2560x1600) panels that I'm aware of. JVC and Sony already have native 4K panels of the right size, for them, I suspect it's mainly a question of chip yields keeping them from dropping those chips into lower priced machines.

TI on the other hand already had WQXGA chips they could take off the shelf. Combine that with pixel shifting (also "off the shelf") and they have a brilliant marketing device..
Thanks for the info Stranger

JVC DLA-X990 (RS640) - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - Panasonic UB820 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #2618 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:

Thanks!
One thing to add to what others have stated above:

It is true that the intermittent vertical banding is only an issue if you turn JVC's frame interpolation on.

But coming from a Sony you may not be satisfied with the motion on a JVC. I would suggest spending time with one with varied content to see if you are bothered by it.

Personally I found the motion on the Sony to be superior to the JVC even with everything turned off. I would not have suspected this since you would think they'd have similar performance both being LCoS. But it was very apparent to me.

I found the motion to be acceptable on the JVC with Clear Motion Drive on low until the banding would appear.

So ultimately I think the JVC is a fine projector if you intend to run with CMD off but I wouldn't assume that you'll like the motion even if you currently disable Sony Motionflow.
phil_999 likes this.
post #2619 of 5062 Old 07-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Toe

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 2721 Post(s)
Liked: 3572
Quote:

Thanks!
If your not in a huge rush and considering how close Cedia is, I'd wait until then if it were me. If you can't wait and are ok with JVCs native motion (CMD is broken as mentioned), it's a great choice IMO. Overall I really liked my 520 while I had it besides the CMD banding.
post #2620 of 5062 Old 07-07-2017, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I had one of those "oh my God" moments last night.

I've had my 620 for three months or so. Just added a Panny ub900 to it last night. It's like getting another projector all over again. Most amazing player I've ever bought, and the impact was stunning. And I thought my picture was terrific just out of the PS4 Pro. LOL

The upscaling is just immaculate, both in resolution and color, and I haven't even calibrated my projector yet. (Hope to autocal this weekend.) I put it through some tough scenes that I've never seen handled well, and it just skirted through with ease. Hard to find an artifact anywhere, and an image that looks almost 3D.

I've really enjoyed the 620 since I bought it, but I feel like I really just got it last night. I see what it can really do now.
skypop, Mike Garrett and Bandyka like this.
post #2621 of 5062 Old 07-07-2017, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Quoted: 6985 Post(s)
Liked: 8263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
I had one of those "oh my God" moments last night.

I've had my 620 for three months or so. Just added a Panny ub900 to it last night. It's like getting another projector all over again. Most amazing player I've ever bought, and the impact was stunning. And I thought my picture was terrific just out of the PS4 Pro. LOL

The upscaling is just immaculate, both in resolution and color, and I haven't even calibrated my projector yet. (Hope to autocal this weekend.) I put it through some tough scenes that I've never seen handled well, and it just skirted through with ease. Hard to find an artifact anywhere, and an image that looks almost 3D.

I've really enjoyed the 620 since I bought it, but I feel like I really just got it last night. I see what it can really do now.
I've been very pleased with my UB900. From " Fury " to " Fences ", the picture is stunning with Blu-rays. 4K looks amazing too !

[email protected] JVC RS4500, Lumagen Radiance Pro, Panamorph Paladin DCR lens, Stewart Luxus Model A ElectriScreens - 128" diagonal 2.35:1 ST130 & 122" diagonal 16:9 Cima Neve, Denon X8500, Parasound A 52+ amp, Martin Logan Motion series 9.4 speakers, four SVS subs, Panasonic UB820, Oppo 203, PFP M1500 UPS
post #2622 of 5062 Old 07-07-2017, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 350
HDR reddish tint question.. Hi guys..

When watching planet earth 4k HDR there were some scenes that had a reddish tint to them and it also happened in the movie passenger on some skin tones.. What would be the correct way to fix this.. I was advice a few months back to change the color temp to 6500k which it worked but I'm not sure if this is the best option?
post #2623 of 5062 Old 07-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornsk57 View Post
Can someone speak to personal experience with 3D?

I've got interest in this but I'm hearing something about 96hz being headachy or uncomfortable compared to EF 120hz that I currently use on DLP.

is this a real thing and how good does 3D look on this compared to say a benq1070 or Epson 5040ub (I hear that one's got crosstalk) etc?

Asking specifically about the 520

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
In my experience with our new 770/520....3D has been incredible! Enough said.
Haiej likes this.

Equipment List: Theater - JVC DLA-X770R / Denon X4300H / Panasonic 820 4K BD Player / Polk Audio RTiA9 Towers / Polk CSiA6 Center / Polk 65RT (6), FXi5 (2) Atmos and Surrounds / (4) Polk PSW505 12" Subs / Black Flame Painted Screen Wall / Nvidia Shield TV / Dish Hopper 3 - 4K/ XBOX One S / Harmony Elite / Echo Dot / Tripp Lite UPS Backup / Furman Conditioner / App and Tap controlled Philips Hue Lighting / Monoprice Cabling
post #2624 of 5062 Old 07-08-2017, 05:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Welp, doesn't look like autocal will work for me. Can't get a LAN connection through my Surface Book to save my life.

Tried direct to the 620, tried through my router, and no luck.

Read a million pages here, and nothing works.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #2625 of 5062 Old 07-08-2017, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1592 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Welp, doesn't look like autocal will work for me. Can't get a LAN connection through my Surface Book to save my life.

Tried direct to the 620, tried through my router, and no luck.

Read a million pages here, and nothing works.

Try turning off the WiFi on your Surface. That worked for me. I'm using the somewhat old Microsoft Surface 3, Windows 8.1. Make sure you precisely follow each step in JVC's instructions.

JVC RS400, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #2626 of 5062 Old 07-08-2017, 06:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
Try turning off the WiFi on your Surface. That worked for me. I'm using the somewhat old Microsoft Surface 3, Windows 8.1. Make sure you precisely follow each step in JVC's instructions.
I did all that and followed the instructions carefully. Many, many times. I'm sure I was confused when changing the DHCP settings and whatnot, plus I get strange IP address numbers on my PC.

Anyway, I know when I'm beat. Spent probably 5 hours on this and got nowhere.
post #2627 of 5062 Old 07-08-2017, 07:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 490 Post(s)
Quoted: 6918 Post(s)
Liked: 6622
Quote:
I did all that and followed the instructions carefully. Many, many times. I'm sure I was confused when changing the DHCP settings and whatnot, plus I get strange IP address numbers on my PC.

Anyway, I know when I'm beat. Spent probably 5 hours on this and got nowhere.
You need to use a crossover cable and force an IP on the JVC.

Set it to something like 192.168.1.20, and then 192.168.1.1 for gateway.

And then go into your computer network adaptor settings fro TCPIP and force IP 192.168.1.1 on the adaptor, and it should work.

This makes your computer act as a kind of router and it will all talk to each other. This is direct ethernet connection via JVC to PC btw.

Then simply test connection in Autocal with the .20 IP entered and it should instantly connect.

I, .Ike you just get dead port when I connect to router and try and have DHCP recognise the JVC, nothing happens, I have to do the above, and never a single problem since. Luckily my PC has two ethernet ports so I keep one permanently plugged in ready to go, and disable my actual router/internet port adaptor when I want to connect to the jvc.

Make sure you disable completely your WIFI adaptor while you do it otherwise Autocal will be looking on the wrong network.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #2628 of 5062 Old 07-08-2017, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You need to use a crossover cable and force an IP on the JVC.

Set it to something like 192.168.1.20, and then 192.168.1.1 for gateway.

And then go into your computer network adaptor settings fro TCPIP and force IP 192.168.1.1 on the adaptor, and it should work.

This makes your computer act as a kind of router and it will all talk to each other. This is direct ethernet connection via JVC to PC btw.

Then simply test connection in Autocal with the .20 IP entered and it should instantly connect.

I, .Ike you just get dead port when I connect to router and try and have DHCP recognise the JVC, nothing happens, I have to do the above, and never a single problem since. Luckily my PC has two ethernet ports so I keep one permanently plugged in ready to go, and disable my actual router/internet port adaptor when I want to connect to the jvc.

Make sure you disable completely your WIFI adaptor while you do it otherwise Autocal will be looking on the wrong network.
I've had a breakthrough. Got the JVC to set its own IP again, and voila.

Now if I can get the calibration to see the Spyder 5. Downloading Datacolor now.

Mike Garrett likes this.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #2629 of 5062 Old 07-08-2017, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It's working!

I'm about to crap my knickers.

Mike Garrett likes this.

post #2630 of 5062 Old 07-08-2017, 08:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ok, first calibration looks like spaghetti. Awful.

Now I've lost my connection, and I can't get the DHCP to stay off to reconnect. I turn it off, and it just pops back on. Why is that?

post #2631 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 04:47 AM
Mike D

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
HDR reddish tint question.. Hi guys..

When watching planet earth 4k HDR there were some scenes that had a reddish tint to them and it also happened in the movie passenger on some skin tones.. What would be the correct way to fix this.. I was advice a few months back to change the color temp to 6500k which it worked but I'm not sure if this is the best option?

Good question Jorge... I had that slight red skin tone in Passengers too... Could use some ideas....Thanks

Mike
post #2632 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ok, finally got everything to work smoothly with autocal. Consistent LAN connection, and I ran multiple calibrations on multiple settings.

Verdict: Don't do this. Not unless you want the Millennium Falcon to race into space with a reddish tint, or you want Fin's hair to have an ugly posterization.

This despite a perfectly straight gamma line.

Probably just my Spyder 5, but I restored that INIT file, and my picture is popping again with minor tweaks. The Falcon is zipping through ultra black space, and the world is right.

post #2633 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Is there any difference between the 520 and the 770?
Ronman79 likes this.
post #2634 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12536 Post(s)
Liked: 10150
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post
Is there any difference between the 520 and the 770?
Yes, color of the trim ring around the lens. That is the only difference in the US. In some other areas, the X770 has less warranty.
chipvideo and Ronman79 like this.
post #2635 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hey guys, this is my first post in forever. Last night I finally got my SI Slate 1.2 screen and 520 up and running. I recently bought a new house and am jumping back into Home Theater after 8 years. I should have done more research because watching Passengers I was bothered by sparkles from the SI screen in a totally pitch black room on "natural". only really had time to get the projector zoomed, shifted and focused and didnt' really play with any settings at all. Without reading 88 pages, can someone please direct me to where someone has posted the best basic generic settings? I am just running 1080P right now and saving for an Oppo 4k player. The whites were overly bright so I am thinking I can tone things down a bit and eliminate some sparkle.

Also, can someone tell me what the screen codes are for under documentation on the JVC website? There is no mention of them in the owner's manual.
post #2636 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12536 Post(s)
Liked: 10150
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swatdude1 View Post
Hey guys, this is my first post in forever. Last night I finally got my SI Slate 1.2 screen and 520 up and running. I recently bought a new house and am jumping back into Home Theater after 8 years. I should have done more research because watching Passengers I was bothered by sparkles from the SI screen in a totally pitch black room on "natural". only really had time to get the projector zoomed, shifted and focused and didnt' really play with any settings at all. Without reading 88 pages, can someone please direct me to where someone has posted the best basic generic settings? I am just running 1080P right now and saving for an Oppo 4k player. The whites were overly bright so I am thinking I can tone things down a bit and eliminate some sparkle.

Also, can someone tell me what the screen codes are for under documentation on the JVC website? There is no mention of them in the owner's manual.
You do not say what size screen or throw. The projector is shipped with manual iris fully open. Depending on screen size, you may be running a very bright image and that will cause more artifacts to show up. In a good light controlled rooms with dark surfaces, a white screen is what I would always suggest, unless you told me that the majority of your viewing would be entertaining, with lights on.
post #2637 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 05:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok, finally got everything to work smoothly with autocal. Consistent LAN connection, and I ran multiple calibrations on multiple settings.

Verdict: Don't do this. Not unless you want the Millennium Falcon to race into space with a reddish tint, or you want Fin's hair to have an ugly posterization.

This despite a perfectly straight gamma line.

Probably just my Spyder 5, but I restored that INIT file, and my picture is popping again with minor tweaks. The Falcon is zipping through ultra black space, and the world is right.

Did you actually download Autocal v 9.1?

The update is supposed to fix the red issue.

I havent tried it yet myself.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #2638 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Did you actually download Autocal v 9.1?

The update is supposed to fix the red issue.

I havent tried it yet myself.
Yep, 9.1. The red push in dark scenes was awful. But it might have been my meter, which is going back.

In fact, the unit file never fully completed.I It would run for an hour and lose connection, but it seems to have restored my settings. No more red push.

post #2639 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 06:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yep, 9.1. The red push in dark scenes was awful. But it might have been my meter, which is going back.

In fact, the unit file never fully completed.I It would run for an hour and lose connection, but it seems to have restored my settings. No more red push.
Well the red push was a known issue in version 9.0 so I am surprised you say it didn't fix the issue.

I highly doubt its your meter.

-
post #2640 of 5062 Old 07-09-2017, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Sadly I have to take back some of my earlier enthusiasm about Autocal 9 v1.10. It doesn't fix the the red push issue with Spyder5. But at least it seems that the readings are more stable than with the older version.
My first session where I let it run on one single setting only seemed to be OK. A few days later I let it run for the other settings. Afterwards there was always a single red grey step between 1 and 8. And this was not all. The red grey step was followed by 1-3 yellow/green grey steps. As these red/yellow grey steps are below SDR hdmi video level (17) I wasn't able to notice it on real content so far. I don't know how SDR video level 1-17 translate to HDR (probably 64?). But with HDR I also wasn't able to see the red push in real content.
My next Autocal session will be with the i1pro2 again.

Projection: JVC DLA-NX9
VP/Calibration: Lumagen Radiance Pro, LightSpace CMS, x-rite i1 Pro 2, x-rite i1 Display 3

Last edited by KarlKlammer; 07-10-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page