Official JVC DLA-RS420 (DLA-X570R) Owners Thread - Page 92 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3492Likes

post #2731 of 2732 Old 11-07-2019, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5033 Post(s)
Liked: 1940
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfwavs View Post
Wanted to ask your top suggestions for getting the most out of this projector.

I have had my RS420 since June 2018. Generally been very pleased. Got a great deal from AVS Science. I have a 125 inch scope screen and especially enjoy 4K and Blu-ray movies with 2.35 AR. I have read through many of posts on this forum and tried a few of the hepful configuration settings. Any any specific configuration setting for example that has made a big difference? One thing I have read about is having professional calibration but don't have enough posts yet to PM. Also, would like to use the 3D capability of the projector but the initial investment slows me down. One specific question - is there a macro or some other way to not have to go so deep into the menus each time to change AR from 1.78 to 2.35?
The three buttons near the top of the remote (MODE 1/2/3) let you directly select the first three saved memory settings.

See links in my signature for some suggested settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2732 of 2732 Old 11-15-2019, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper359 View Post
I am going with a shelf. It's cheap, and its going to be screwed into 3 studs with 2 screw per post. Rated at 200lbs, so i should be good. Plus, i can get rid of the Walmart resin shelf currently being used and free up floor space

Sorry for late pictures... This is my IKEA basket mount. I've had it for the last 14 months without any issues. I was going to patch up celing and paint basket black, but I never had time to get to it... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvzzz View Post
Experimenting with MadVR tone mapping on myX570. What picture profiles MadVR+JVC 420/570 users are using? Thanks in advance!

I've been using an older MadVR HDR to SDR beta back from Jan 2019 . I use custom user1 with rec709 color space for non-4k material and custom user2 bt.2020 color space for any 4k material. I used spyder5 and JVC autocal software to calibrate projector for my screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jvc-2.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	2641682   Click image for larger version

Name:	jvc-1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	2641684  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement