Optoma UHZ65 - 4K laser ($4,500 MSRP) - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 966Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #841 of 2104 Old 09-20-2017, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 3,782
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3068 Post(s)
Liked: 1775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Or you know, maybe its because...

but just like the LS-5 it may take time before the stars align for that design.
Ruined, I hope you're right. But I wonder.

Many commercial cinemas are now turning to SXRD technology. I remember most commercial theaters used DLP as the PJ of choice. But now, for example, I go to my local Regal Cinema and it uses an SXRD projector. So, I'm really getting used to that look as being the standard.
Aztar35 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #842 of 2104 Old 09-20-2017, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
Ruined, I hope you're right. But I wonder.

Many commercial cinemas are now turning to SXRD technology. I remember most commercial theaters used DLP as the PJ of choice. But now, for example, I go to my local Regal Cinema and it uses an SXRD projector. So, I'm really getting used to that look as being the standard.
Sxrd has improved in motion especially the Sony's but there is still no solid state solution under 10k that really fulfills the potential of 4k UHD. The LS10500 is nice in contrast but low in lumens and only 1080p.

I'll be more willing to part with my money for a higher end solution when we get a 4k uhd solid state solution under 10k with 2000+ lumens that doesn't have any egregious disadvantages.

Would love to see a 5000 lumen nextgen colorspark with rapid led cycling but that is looking unlikely at this point.
Ruined is offline  
post #843 of 2104 Old 09-21-2017, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mikenificent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Anyone know if there will be any reputable reviews of this PJ (production version) soon like from @Cine4Home ?
Mikenificent1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #844 of 2104 Old 09-21-2017, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 15,390
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4373 Post(s)
Liked: 3106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post
Anyone know if there will be any reputable reviews of this PJ (production version) soon like from @Cine4Home ?
I don't understand. You were so sure of the performance a few days ago. What do you need reviews for?
Stereodude is offline  
post #845 of 2104 Old 09-21-2017, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mikenificent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I don't understand.
I can see that. lol
Mikenificent1 is offline  
post #846 of 2104 Old 09-21-2017, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ron Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 7,002
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Sxrd has improved in motion especially the Sony's but there is still no solid state solution under 10k that really fulfills the potential of 4k UHD. The LS10500 is nice in contrast but low in lumens and only 1080p.

I'll be more willing to part with my money for a higher end solution when we get a 4k uhd solid state solution under 10k with 2000+ lumens that doesn't have any egregious disadvantages.

Would love to see a 5000 lumen nextgen colorspark with rapid led cycling but that is looking unlikely at this point.


If you demand native 4K/UHD resolution then the new Sony VW385 with a list price of $8K could be a good choice. Not a solid state light source and not 2000+ lumens, but a solid performer if you don't go overboard on the screen size.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Ron Jones is offline  
post #847 of 2104 Old 09-21-2017, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mikenificent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post
If you demand native 4K/UHD resolution then the new Sony VW385 with a list price of $8K could be a good choice. Not a solid state light source and not 2000+ lumens, but a solid performer if you don't go overboard on the screen size.
Did you guys get a review sample of the UHZ65 yet?
Mikenificent1 is offline  
post #848 of 2104 Old 09-21-2017, 09:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Spizz is offline  
post #849 of 2104 Old 09-22-2017, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ron Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 7,002
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 988 Post(s)
Liked: 996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post
Did you guys get a review sample of the UHZ65 yet?
Not yet, but expect to get one soon.

Ron Jones
Blog + Reviews + Articles: projectorreviews.com
Ron Jones is offline  
post #850 of 2104 Old 09-22-2017, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mikenificent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post


Wrong thread. That's the UHD65 not the UHZ65.
Mikenificent1 is offline  
post #851 of 2104 Old 09-22-2017, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jones View Post
Not yet, but expect to get one soon.
I basically lost interest in this projector but I am very interested in how well the dynamic laser dimming is implemented since we will likely be seeing a lot of dynamic laser dimming from coretronic projectors in the future. Will be interesting to see impressions in reviews.
Ruined is offline  
post #852 of 2104 Old 09-28-2017, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mikenificent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seegs108 View Post
With this much brightness and an RBGCMY color wheel I half expected rainbows to be particularly bad. It would be nice to see direct laser or a laser/LED hybrid unit made. That's really the only way to do sequential color fast enough at this brightness level so color breakup is beyond human visual perception. The UHD65 woth it's relatively low lumen output and RGBRGB color wheel wasn't particularly bad w oth rainbows. Not completely free of the phenomenon but not bad.
Has it been confirmed from Optoma that this projector will have RBGCMY color wheel? I haven't seen it listed anywhere except Scott's report, and unfortunately I have seen him list erroneous info or speculation in previous reports. Love his reports regardless, so no offense Scott.
Mikenificent1 is offline  
post #853 of 2104 Old 09-29-2017, 11:36 AM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post
Has it been confirmed from Optoma that this projector will have RBGCMY color wheel? I haven't seen it listed anywhere except Scott's report, and unfortunately I have seen him list erroneous info or speculation in previous reports. Love his reports regardless, so no offense Scott.

One of my suppliers said he saw it in their official literature if it means anything. If so, that's sad and disappointing. RGBRGB wheel would've been much preferable.
Mikenificent1 likes this.
Dave Harper is offline  
post #854 of 2104 Old 09-29-2017, 01:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
One of my suppliers said he saw it in their official literature if it means anything. If so, that's sad and disappointing. RGBRGB wheel would've been much preferable.
From the amount of rbe I saw in the Cedia videos it looks like RGBCYW
Ruined is offline  
post #855 of 2104 Old 09-29-2017, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mikenificent1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
One of my suppliers said he saw it in their official literature if it means anything. If so, that's sad and disappointing. RGBRGB wheel would've been much preferable.
Then this projector is useless. Thank you. They really should've called this the UHZ60, as it's obviously based off the UHD60 (non RGBRGB), not the UHD65 (which has an RGBRGB).
Mikenificent1 is offline  
post #856 of 2104 Old 09-30-2017, 03:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenificent1 View Post
Then this projector is useless. Thank you. They really should've called this the UHZ60, as it's obviously based off the UHD60 (non RGBRGB), not the UHD65 (which has an RGBRGB).
Actually it's a little bit of both. I believe it is RGBCYW but also has optomas FI solution that the uhd60 lacks.
Ruined is offline  
post #857 of 2104 Old 10-03-2017, 02:41 PM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1727
Has anyone else noticed that this projector does indeed support 3D? I see it in the English manual online, page 32 specifically:

https://www.optomausa.com/uploads/ma...65-M-en-US.pdf

It lists the color wheel as "RGBY 4 Segment" as well, if that clears anything up?

I may order one to play with it while awaiting the release of the Sony VW885ES because it looks like I may have sold my awesome LS10500. (Man I wish I wasn't such a tweaker, haha!). Hopefully it goes through. If not, anybody want one that's HarperVision and ISF tricked out?
Dave Harper is offline  
post #858 of 2104 Old 10-03-2017, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,230
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5681 Post(s)
Liked: 6261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
Has anyone else noticed that this projector does indeed support 3D? I see it in the English manual online, page 32 specifically:

https://www.optomausa.com/uploads/ma...65-M-en-US.pdf

there are some oddities with the 3D requirements, not sure if this will be fully 3D BD compatible. Those requirements below are typical of 3D through a PC on projectors years ago that had limited 3D support and didn't support 24p frame packed 3D BD's.

3D: To experience the 3D effect, you need to have 3D glasses, make sure your PC/portable device has a 120 Hz signal output quad buffered graphics card and have a 3D Player installed.

To enable 3D mode, the input frame rate should be set to 60Hz only, lower or higher frame rate is not supported.
Dave Harper likes this.
zombie10k is online now  
post #859 of 2104 Old 10-03-2017, 03:52 PM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
there are some oddities with the 3D requirements, not sure if this will be fully 3D BD compatible. Those requirements below are typical of 3D through a PC on projectors years ago that had limited 3D support and didn't support 24p frame packed 3D BD's.

3D: To experience the 3D effect, you need to have 3D glasses, make sure your PC/portable device has a 120 Hz signal output quad buffered graphics card and have a 3D Player installed.

To enable 3D mode, the input frame rate should be set to 60Hz only, lower or higher frame rate is not supported.

Yes I read and was wondering the same thing. I do recall reading in the manual somewhere that it referenced PC 3D mode only, not Bluray 3D.

So what's the best way to get it to work for watching 3D blurays then, MadVR? I guess it's better than not having it at all, right?
Dave Harper is offline  
post #860 of 2104 Old 10-03-2017, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
Larry J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 715
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
TV pro's did a review and compare it to Sony VLP-365ES

Larry J is offline  
post #861 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 06:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
From the video it appears this has the same lens uniformity performance of the UHD65.
Ruined is offline  
post #862 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
Has anyone else noticed that this projector does indeed support 3D? I see it in the English manual online, page 32 specifically:

https://www.optomausa.com/uploads/ma...65-M-en-US.pdf

It lists the color wheel as "RGBY 4 Segment" as well, if that clears anything up?

I may order one to play with it while awaiting the release of the Sony VW885ES because it looks like I may have sold my awesome LS10500. (Man I wish I wasn't such a tweaker, haha!). Hopefully it goes through. If not, anybody want one that's HarperVision and ISF tricked out?
It makes me all the more sad that Coretronic canned the Philips Colorspark LED effort (RGB only) if RGBY is going to be the standard for Coretronic laser projectors.
Ruined is offline  
post #863 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,230
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5681 Post(s)
Liked: 6261
blue/ green = purple it doesn't seem to be able to reproduce blue very well. skin tones also look quite different than the Sony.

The image looks overall flat in a number of the scenes compared to the Sony. Do we know why they didn't use RGBRGB?



zombie10k is online now  
post #864 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
blue/ green = purple it doesn't seem to be able to reproduce blue very well. skin tones also look quite different than the Sony.

The image looks overall flat in a number of the scenes compared to the Sony. Do we know why they didn't use RGBRGB?



I suspected at some point that it may use an RGBY variant because an early diagram of how the UHZ65 works showed RGBY colors coming out of the lens. Wasnt sure though with the 65 moniker and black color which implied RGB.

Yellow is always added to increase brightness. Coretronic is very focused on increasing brightness. They abandoned Philips colorspark because the techs 5000 lumens ceiling wasn't bright enough.

Hopefully Delta will come up with a 4k version of the H9090 using colorspark.
Ruined is offline  
post #865 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
zombie10k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,230
Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5681 Post(s)
Liked: 6261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
Yes I read and was wondering the same thing. I do recall reading in the manual somewhere that it referenced PC 3D mode only, not Bluray 3D.

So what's the best way to get it to work for watching 3D blurays then, MadVR? I guess it's better than not having it at all, right?
many years ago when the 720P 3D projectors were out, they were also non-3D BD compatible. At the time, we had to use the Nvidia 3D vision drivers which could run their IR kit or DLP link glasses when playing 3D using PowerDVD on the PC.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...lasses-us.html

not sure how it would work today if it's requires 60hz playback for 3D.

@Ruined - what do you think based on the notes in the user manual?
Dave Harper likes this.
zombie10k is online now  
post #866 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
many years ago when the 720P 3D projectors were out, they were also non-3D BD compatible. At the time, we had to use the Nvidia 3D vision drivers which could run their IR kit or DLP link glasses when playing 3D using PowerDVD on the PC.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...lasses-us.html

not sure how it would work today if it's requires 60hz playback for 3D.

@Ruined - what do you think based on the notes in the user manual?
It is odd 3d support.

Most of the time 60hz 3d is checkerboard format.

This says frame sequential/page flip though. Pretty sure even Nvidia 3d vision would not support that low refresh in this format.

If it were checkerboard format the Mitsubishi 3da-1 would work great to convert BD3D to 1080p60hz 3d. As is though not sure what you could use - maybe old school Simuleyes PC 3D? lol.

Edit: my guess why they did this - for whatever design choices Optoma made their 4k uhd projectors can't disable xpr unlike the BenQ 4k. So I assume here Optoma needs to cap the 3d at 30hz per eye (yikes - headache city) since xpr can't be disabled if it's the same as the UHD65. BenQ shouldn't be limited by this on the other hand since their pjs can run with xpr disabled.

Last edited by Ruined; 10-04-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Ruined is offline  
post #867 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 02:43 PM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
blue/ green = purple it doesn't seem to be able to reproduce blue very well. skin tones also look quite different than the Sony.

The image looks overall flat in a number of the scenes compared to the Sony. Do we know why they didn't use RGBRGB?



That's funny. I thought the Sony looked more flat than the UHZ65, and skin tones looked way more true and realistic on the Optoma too. Pay careful attention to the kid's khaki shorts. They look more true to life than the 365ES.

I did see the purple in the earth shots though. Maybe a good in depth calibration would alleviate that, like CMS.

I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a UHZ65, mainly to play and test some things and use it as a hold off unit until the Sony VW885ES is released.


Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
many years ago when the 720P 3D projectors were out, they were also non-3D BD compatible. At the time, we had to use the Nvidia 3D vision drivers which could run their IR kit or DLP link glasses when playing 3D using PowerDVD on the PC.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...lasses-us.html

not sure how it would work today if it's requires 60hz playback for 3D.

@Ruined - what do you think based on the notes in the user manual?
Yes thanks, I do recall that 3D from years ago. While I enjoy a good 3D presentation occasionally like Avatar and some of the Star Wars movies, I wouldn't say I spend a ton of time researching the various technologies.
Dave Harper is offline  
post #868 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
BondDonBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
That's funny. I thought the Sony looked more flat than the UHZ65, and skin tones looked way more true and realistic on the Optoma too. Pay careful attention to the kid's khaki shorts. They look more true to life than the 365ES.

I did see the purple in the earth shots though. Maybe a good in depth calibration would alleviate that, like CMS.

I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a UHZ65, mainly to play and test some things and use it as a hold off unit until the Sony VW885ES is released.




Yes thanks, I do recall that 3D from years ago. While I enjoy a good 3D presentation occasionally like Avatar and some of the Star Wars movies, I wouldn't say I spend a ton of time researching the various technologies.
Is it even shipping yet? They did this review after CEDIA (one week) I don't think that was a production unit was it?

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
BondDonBond is offline  
post #869 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,859
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2643 Post(s)
Liked: 1273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
That's funny. I thought the Sony looked more flat than the UHZ65, and skin tones looked way more true and realistic on the Optoma too. Pay careful attention to the kid's khaki shorts. They look more true to life than the 365ES.

I did see the purple in the earth shots though. Maybe a good in depth calibration would alleviate that, like CMS.

I am pretty close to pulling the trigger on a UHZ65, mainly to play and test some things and use it as a hold off unit until the Sony VW885ES is released.




Yes thanks, I do recall that 3D from years ago. While I enjoy a good 3D presentation occasionally like Avatar and some of the Star Wars movies, I wouldn't say I spend a ton of time researching the various technologies.
Have you investigated the street price of a BenQ HT9050? Might be worth looking into, apparently getting new features including HDR via firmware by year end. And the BenQ 4k seem to sell way lower than msrp. Based on what I've seen the lens is better on the ht9050 and rbe will be less/color more accurate on the ht9050.

Last edited by Ruined; 10-04-2017 at 03:49 PM.
Ruined is offline  
post #870 of 2104 Old 10-04-2017, 04:54 PM
 
Dave Harper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Paradise on Earth
Posts: 6,554
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1727
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
Is it even shipping yet? They did this review after CEDIA (one week) I don't think that was a production unit was it?

I think it may just be starting to ship because the quote I got didn't say back ordered or anything. I'll have to confirm.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
Have you investigated the street price of a BenQ HT9050? Might be worth looking into, apparently getting new features including HDR via firmware by year end. And the BenQ 4k seem to sell way lower than msrp. Based on what I've seen the lens is better on the ht9050 and rbe will be less/color more accurate on the ht9050.

I hadn't, but now I did and I just emailed asking for info.
Dave Harper is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off