JVC DLA-X5900/X7900/X9900 : JVC will introduce 3 new DLA models at IFA BERLIN 2017 - Page 57 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2872Likes

post #1681 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
The list is real and so is the wait.
I went to Chad's website and requested a calibration out here in California, if he gets out this way.

The reply was that there's nothing scheduled at this time, but that he might consider a tour out my way "later this year" IF enough interest develops.

Everyone out West who'd like to have his services, please go to http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/contact.html and put in your request. Hopefully we can generate enough interest to make it worth his while!
nathan_h likes this.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerwill View Post
I was also in on the RS1, my first projector. I admire your strength of character in holding out this long before upgrading!
I don't know if it is as much strength of character, as weakness of wallet.
It still puts out a good enough (at least to us) picture on our 106 diag Highpower screen and I also at the time bought the Lumagen XD. I am so behind the times on all this HDR UHD 2020, gamma curves etc. I don't pretend to be able to do much on the calibration stuff. I keep looking at where all you guys who seem to know what you are doing live, and it generally is 1000 miles or more away
dan
alebonau likes this.

Dan
post #1683 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2576 Post(s)
Liked: 2258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
I went to Chad's website and requested a calibration out here in California, if he gets out this way.

The reply was that there's nothing scheduled at this time, but that he might consider a tour out my way "later this year" IF enough interest develops.

Everyone out West who'd like to have his services, please go to http://www.hdtvbychadb.com/contact.html and put in your request. Hopefully we can generate enough interest to make it worth his while!
Hope it works out for you guys. Chad has so much experience and expertise...especially with JVCs.

It will be worth your money if you're going to be buying one of these projectors if anyone is considering.
mbw23air and Craig Peer like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1684 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsider3000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
It is. And there is even a similar noise to e-shift permanently on those units too. Like a high frequency squealing whine if you listen near the lens opening it sounds like a mouse crying... Not as audible as e-shift yet still there.
A mouse crying.. ROFL
Is this some form of coil whine? All electronic devices can have a problem with that.

Video: Sony VPL-VW760ES, Elite screen Aeon 135" Cinewhite + JVC X7900, Magicscreen Reference ALR 120"
Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins 802 D3 front, JBL 580, JBL 520c, JBL 550p
Amplifiers: Lyngdorf stereo TDAI 2170, Lyngdorf SDA 2400, Denon 4300H Home Theatre
Equipment: PC/PS4/Xbox One/Switch/Synology 2415+
post #1685 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1900 Post(s)
Liked: 1303
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKNice View Post
Anyone know if any universal mounts work with the RS520 or RS540? I found the mount that lots of people buy earlier in this thread, but the one I currently use is low profile and works pretty well.

Here it is, and the arms extend to varying lengths to accommodate different hole patterns. ABTUS AV817

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on the RS540's mounting setup either.

I'd much appreciate any info!
tknice,

everyone I know uses the peerless prg-unv universal mount for jvcs and other large projectors and have done including myself for years now

it has precision adjustment for dealing in for perfection and locking mechanism so wont move from there,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...Projector.html

if you want they even have the jvc with mount plate version for $1 more

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tor_Mount.html

can get it ... but it then is jvc only specifically so closes the door using any other brand projector in the future. hence why i think most including myself just buy the universal mount instead
TKNice likes this.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
post #1686 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 01:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof View Post
Didn't a Sony engineer say Dolby Vision was possibly a firmware upgrade away for the 760ES?
yes probably why we will never get it on JVC

probably a firmware update to existing sony owners

I still have hope

post #1687 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks guys, I'll check these out. Do you know if the mounting holes on the JVC take a standard sized screw and thread type? Do most of the projectors?

I would really like to use my existing mount until I can get a new one but is this even possible?
just get some screws from the hardware store, same length and thread as on the feet on the projector, and then remove the feet and replace with the screws to attach to the mount
TKNice likes this.

post #1688 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Quoted: 12557 Post(s)
Liked: 10173
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Thanks guys, I'll check these out. Do you know if the mounting holes on the JVC take a standard sized screw and thread type? Do most of the projectors?

I would really like to use my existing mount until I can get a new one but is this even possible?
I looked at the link. I would not mount my JVC using that mount. The Chief is a lot more low profile that what was in your link, if mounted direct, but I would still use a drop tube. it makes projector set up, much easier. Without drop tube the projector would be around 3.5" from the ceiling. With a short 3" drop tube the projector would be about 6.5" from the ceiling.
TKNice likes this.
post #1689 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I looked at the link. I would not mount my JVC using that mount. The Chief is a lot more low profile that what was in your link, if mounted direct, but I would still use a drop tube. it makes projector set up, much easier. Without drop tube the projector would be around 3.5" from the ceiling. With a short 3" drop tube the projector would be about 6.5" from the ceiling.
a reason many dont mount flush to ceiling is also heat, as hot air rises and tends to be up there. coming a bit lower off the ceiling leaving some clearance tends to keep a bit away from any warmth that might be up there.
Highjinx and TKNice like this.

post #1690 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4156 Post(s)
Liked: 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
but it then is jvc only specifically so closes the door using any other brand projector in the future. hence why i think most including myself just buy the universal mount instead
I don't know anything about peerless, but with Chief, you can get the mounting plate separate from the mount itself, so while the mounting plate might not work on your next projector, all you have to swap is the plate, you can still use the main mount.

I used to jerry rig mounts (I'm pretty handy at building things) but I'm so glad I switched to Chief mounts, they're so much easier.
Mike_WI and emergetech like this.
post #1691 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I don't know anything about peerless, but with Chief, you can get the mounting plate separate from the mount itself, so while the mounting plate might not work on your next projector, all you have to swap is the plate, you can still use the main mount.

I used to jerry rig mounts (I'm pretty handy at building things) but I'm so glad I switched to Chief mounts, they're so much easier.
I actually had the plate version and sold it off. it is just a plate that attaches specific to the jvcs nothing else. I stuck wiht the universal version of the peerless and has taken me through 4 projectors so far, two epsons and two JVCs.

going from one jvc to other ... took nothing in adjustment ! took the old one down put the new one up. the peerless comes wiht a quick release so once undone the whole projector can be slid off the mount bracket attached. so you then just can work comfortably transferring the mount bracket onto new projector and then slide into place and lock secure onto the mount. couldnt be easier !

many projectors will likely go through my setup over the years i have no doubt ...but the mount am quite sure will be a constant

post #1692 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_0673 View Post
I don't know if it is as much strength of character, as weakness of wallet.
It still puts out a good enough (at least to us) picture on our 106 diag Highpower screen and I also at the time bought the Lumagen XD. I am so behind the times on all this HDR UHD 2020, gamma curves etc. I don't pretend to be able to do much on the calibration stuff. I keep looking at where all you guys who seem to know what you are doing live, and it generally is 1000 miles or more away
dan
I have an original RS10 from early 2009 on a 133" 2.8 hp. I keep toying with selling the hp to go a bigger AT screen, but hard to tear away from the hp. Now, with hdr they are back in style - lol. Though not with the rs10...

RS600, 133" 2.8 HP Screen, Panasonic UB-900
Marantz, 7702MKII, Emotiva XPA-1, XPA-2, XPA-100's
7.2.4 with 4pi JBL LCR's, Athena 100 surrounds and 4x Volt 10lx ceiling speakers.
4x FI 18" IB subwoofage with Behringer EP400 amp
Fabric walls, fabric posters, fabric under soffets. No reflections!!
post #1693 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCaboNow View Post
I have an original RS10 from early 2009 on a 133" 2.8 hp. I keep toying with selling the hp to go a bigger AT screen, but hard to tear away from the hp. Now, with hdr they are back in style - lol. Though not with the rs10...
I had an original HP2.8 screen with my RS1, but when I upgraded to a RS20 I wanted a larger screen (the max that my room could take) then the 2.8 material wasn't available so went with a HP2.4 (which unfortunately is also unavailable now). The HP2.4 is thus not quite as high gain as the HP2.8, but is somewhat smoother; I love it and have no plan ever to replace it. (From the RS20 I went to a Sony1000/1100, and then to a RS600 which I still have).
GoCaboNow likes this.
post #1694 of 2570 Old 09-15-2017, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
No. When you send 4K, it turns eshift on. Why is the Panny looking soft with 1080p ? You might check the settings on it. That doesn't sound right.
I had to set all the sharpness settings on the Panny (UB900) to 3 and then I set my Darbee up with it as well. Now the image looks great. The UB900 does a nice job converting HDR to SDR in my opinion. I had purchased the UB900 about six months ago and the HDR to SDR conversion was terrible. They must have improved it via firmware.

7.4.6 system: Processors:Marantz 8805 || Xilica XP4080 Amps: Parasound A31 and ATI AT528NC & AT526NC n-core ||Speakers: Procella P8 LCR, Procella P5/P5 in-wall
Subs: JTR Captivator subs: One S2, Two RS2, One S1
Screen: 2.40:1 Seymour XD Acoustically Transparent, 128" diagonal / 118" wide || Projector: JVC X570/RS420
post #1695 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I'd use the Chief JVC specific mount ( RPA 281 or RPMA 281 ) myself. https://www.milestone.com/products/c...g/rpmx/rpma281
Quote:
Originally Posted by boothman View Post
JVC had a new mount at CEDIA for their projectors.
Quote:
Pricing was being discussed and it may end up being more expensive than the Chief mounts.
I've been using a Chief mount system and had planned on getting one of the mounts listed by @Craig Peer which are designed for the RS520 and I assumed would fit the new RS540.

Is the RS540 going to have an entirely new mount design with a different configuration and screw holes?

How long does it typically take for Chief to release new custom brackets?

An entirely new mount design would be bad news for those with Chief systems and would like to get a RS540 soon after they are released as we won't be able to immediately get the new mounting brackets from Chief.

7.2.4 with Denon X4300W, ATI 2005 & 1807 Amps, Kef Reference 203 Mains, 202c Ctr, 201 Surr, Ci200RR-THX Top Rears, Q300 Frt Hts, E301 Rear Surr, Power Sound Audio PSA dual S3600i Subs,
GIK & DIY Acoustics, JVC X790/RS540 Projector, Stewart Neve 100" Screen, Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-UB900, Xbox One X, Crowson Transducers, INSTEON, UDI ISY994i, Amazon Echo
post #1696 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 4156 Post(s)
Liked: 2388
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsider3000 View Post
I had purchased the UB900 about six months ago and the HDR to SDR conversion was terrible. They must have improved it via firmware.
Not really, sounds like a calibration/setup problem. The UB900 has had great UHD to SDR conversion since it was released, that's why so many here have one, it was the only player that had good HDR to SDR conversion when it came out.

FWIW, I've found it's not that easy to get HDR to SDR conversion calibrated well since all the controls interact.
post #1697 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorax2 View Post
I've been using a Chief mount system and had planned on getting one of the mounts listed by @Craig Peer which are designed for the RS520 and I assumed would fit the new RS540.

Is the RS540 going to have an entirely new mount design with a different configuration and screw holes?

How long does it typically take for Chief to release new custom brackets?

An entirely new mount design would be bad news for those with Chief systems and would like to get a RS540 soon after they are released as we won't be able to immediately get the new mounting brackets from Chief.
The 440, 540 and 640 use the same housing, so no change in mounts.
Mike_WI likes this.
post #1698 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Some pre-purchase questions

I’m hoping that I’ll be able to purchase the RS540 once they come out. If my wife isn’t on board with the total cost of everything once I get the street pricing for everything, I’ll wait another year to see what’s available new, used or closeout rather than opting for the less expensive RS440 now.

My goal is to get a big upgrade from my Sony VPL-HW30es, a now dated projector that has served me well. I am projecting a 100” 16:9 diagonal image from about 11’ in a room that is fairly blacked out (black ceiling and walls though the room does have a light-colored carpet and two white doors about 4’ to the right side of the projector. I can’t paint or scratch the doors and haven’t yet figured out a way to hang black fabric or something else on them. We use the projector about 300 – 400 hours per year with gaming and TIVO getting the most use and about 20 to 30 movies a year for the rest. We’ll be using the upcoming Xbox One X for gaming.

For its price range, it doesn’t seem to me that there is anything even close to the overall feature set that the RS520 has. It doesn’t seem that “true” 4K projectors will give me any better picture. With the latency now below 35ms and competitive with the comparable Epson and Sony projectors there should be no problem there. I’m content with a lamp based projector with no current aspirations for laser.

I’m not a projector expert like most of you. Under the theory “You don’t know what you don’t know”, is there any current major/minor shortcoming, poorly implemented feature or potentially new feature that might make it worth waiting one more year to upgrade? Is HDR use and colors with movies and gaming now straightforward out of the box? Would it be advisable to wait to purchase rather than pre-order to get reports of other people’s experience with how well the RS540 works with the new Xbox One X or can I be confident it’ll be a great combination?

If I purchase a RS540, what I else will I need? I’m planning on getting new mounting bracket, a Panasonic DMP-UB900 Blu-ray player, new HDMI cables and a DataColor Sypder5 Express. Any need for an HD Fury Vertex with this model?

Thanks!
Haiej likes this.

7.2.4 with Denon X4300W, ATI 2005 & 1807 Amps, Kef Reference 203 Mains, 202c Ctr, 201 Surr, Ci200RR-THX Top Rears, Q300 Frt Hts, E301 Rear Surr, Power Sound Audio PSA dual S3600i Subs,
GIK & DIY Acoustics, JVC X790/RS540 Projector, Stewart Neve 100" Screen, Panasonic Blu-Ray DMP-UB900, Xbox One X, Crowson Transducers, INSTEON, UDI ISY994i, Amazon Echo
post #1699 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5378 Post(s)
Liked: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorax2 View Post
I’m hoping that I’ll be able to purchase the RS540 once they come out. If my wife isn’t on board with the total cost of everything once I get the street pricing for everything, I’ll wait another year to see what’s available new, used or closeout rather than opting for the less expensive RS440 now.

My goal is to get a big upgrade from my Sony VPL-HW30es, a now dated projector that has served me well. I am projecting a 100” 16:9 diagonal image from about 11’ in a room that is fairly blacked out (black ceiling and walls though the room does have a light-colored carpet and two white doors about 4’ to the right side of the projector. I can’t paint or scratch the doors and haven’t yet figured out a way to hang black fabric or something else on them. We use the projector about 300 – 400 hours per year with gaming and TIVO getting the most use and about 20 to 30 movies a year for the rest. We’ll be using the upcoming Xbox One X for gaming.

For its price range, it doesn’t seem to me that there is anything even close to the overall feature set that the RS520 has. It doesn’t seem that “true” 4K projectors will give me any better picture. With the latency now below 35ms and competitive with the comparable Epson and Sony projectors there should be no problem there. I’m content with a lamp based projector with no current aspirations for laser.

I’m not a projector expert like most of you. Under the theory “You don’t know what you don’t know”, is there any current major/minor shortcoming, poorly implemented feature or potentially new feature that might make it worth waiting one more year to upgrade? Is HDR use and colors with movies and gaming now straightforward out of the box? Would it be advisable to wait to purchase rather than pre-order to get reports of other people’s experience with how well the RS540 works with the new Xbox One X or can I be confident it’ll be a great combination?

If I purchase a RS540, what I else will I need? I’m planning on getting new mounting bracket, a Panasonic DMP-UB900 Blu-ray player, new HDMI cables and a DataColor Sypder5 Express. Any need for an HD Fury Vertex with this model?

Thanks!
Hi, you will not need the vertex with the 540, the DI is already enabled in HDR with the new models. I've owned the HW30 for years, you are in for a nice surprise upgrade. Brighter, sharper and significantly more contrast in a light controlled room. You will be able to run HDR out of the box. Wait till you see BladeRunner UHD HDR and some other fantastic UHD movies, you won't regret upgrading.

you have a good list of items that should cover you to get started. pre-order pricing should be available soon.
Haiej likes this.
post #1700 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie10k View Post
Hi, you will not need the vertex with the 540, the DI is already enabled in HDR with the new models. I've owned the HW30 for years, you are in for a nice surprise upgrade. Brighter, sharper and significantly more contrast in a light controlled room. You will be able to run HDR out of the box. Wait till you see BladeRunner UHD HDR and some other fantastic UHD movies, you won't regret upgrading.

you have a good list of items that should cover you to get started. pre-order pricing should be available soon.
What HDMI cables are people using that are reasonably priced yet work with all modes such as e-shift gaming with HDR and low lag mode all on simultaneously? I see an absurd range of prices for cables that claim to carry the full 18 GBPS signal from ~$15 to $350+
Haiej likes this.
post #1701 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2166 Post(s)
Liked: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4DE View Post
What HDMI cables are people using that are reasonably priced yet work with all modes such as e-shift gaming with HDR and low lag mode all on simultaneously? I see an absurd range of prices for cables that claim to carry the full 18 GBPS signal from ~$15 to $350+
Monoprice certified premium here. No issues.
Haiej and BL4DE like this.
post #1702 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4DE View Post
Forum member Arrow-AV has a great thread titled: TEST REPORTS | HDMI CABLES WHICH PROPERLY AND RELIABLY SUPPORT 18GBPS & HDMI 2.0b

Where they have tested various cables. You can download the test reports and they are very helpful in my opinion. I am using the Monoprice slim run [email protected] 75ft and I have had no issues but my projector can't accept HDR so I can't fully test it in my set up.
Haiej and BL4DE like this.

7.4.6 system: Processors:Marantz 8805 || Xilica XP4080 Amps: Parasound A31 and ATI AT528NC & AT526NC n-core ||Speakers: Procella P8 LCR, Procella P5/P5 in-wall
Subs: JTR Captivator subs: One S2, Two RS2, One S1
Screen: 2.40:1 Seymour XD Acoustically Transparent, 128" diagonal / 118" wide || Projector: JVC X570/RS420

Last edited by farsider3000; 09-16-2017 at 03:47 PM.
post #1703 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm using celerity cable, that runs from the X950 HDMI over the false roof straight to the main output in the CSA 5100 and a premium high speed cable from the HDMI 1 out of the Oppo to the correspondent AV bluray in the pre/pro. My 205 Oppo is coming and I expect to have no problems with compatible cables.
post #1704 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Quote:
This update is performed internally. So, much greater risk if done wrong and you would have to take the projector apart to even do the work, so no way this can be done by an end user.
Well, I could do it myself. And I'm an end user*. Even if it required going all the way down to a JTAG interface. But then, I'm an embedded systems engineer, which 99.99% of end users are likely not. Plus, I have a 400, not a 420, so the firmware may not even be compatible.

[* technically I'm not a user of any kind, since mine is still in the box. but the principle applies.]
post #1705 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 05:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
JVC's policy has always been: Firmware updates to fix things, never to add features.
That is true. Perhaps that is a policy they should consider revising. Especially if it benefits their competitive position.
post #1706 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, I do not keep getting this wrong. JVC had to make a lot of guesses on how HDR could work with a projector. Keep in mind the projectors were released for shipping in November 2015, but the design had to be done much earlier than that.
I bought my 400 in late 2016. From you, in fact. Should JVC have been expected to understand the problem by then?

Or were they still "guessing", even though others (end users ) were figuring out and solving them?

These are not intrinsic design issues, that could not have been rectified in shipping models. Or corrected in previously shipped units.
post #1707 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGrabber View Post
I bought my 400 in late 2016. From you, in fact. Should JVC have been expected to understand the problem by then?

Or were they still "guessing", even though others (end users ) were figuring out and solving them?

These are not intrinsic design issues, that could not have been rectified in shipping models. Or corrected in previously shipped units.
The 400 was designed in 2015. Started shipping in December of 2016. Buying it later does not have anything to do with it. It still is a projector that was manufactured from a 2015 design.
post #1708 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 08:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Thanks, I should have said the maximal native on/off on the rs400 was significantly less than on the rs400.
I think you got that reversed. Shouldn't it have been, "the maximal native on/off on the rs400 was significantly less than on the rs400."

Just pulling your leg. One of those should have been RS49.
Manni01 likes this.
post #1709 of 2570 Old 09-16-2017, 09:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The 400 was designed in 2015. Started shipping in December of 2016.
I think you meant 2015 here. I got mine from you in Jul/Aug of 2016. (gave me a bit of a Twilight zone moment there. )
post #1710 of 2570 Old 09-17-2017, 01:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 267
JVC DLA-X5900/X7900/X9900 : JVC will introduce 3 new DLA models at IFA BERLIN 2017

Quote:
The 400 was designed in 2015. Started shipping in December of 2016. Buying it later does not have anything to do with it. It still is a projector that was manufactured from a 2015 design.

Except in the most recent case where newer x20 series being built suddenly get the new firmware that handles CMD correctly.

And older x20 models like mine don't. And will not get them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page