Canon REALis WUX500 thoughts? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-08-2017, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question Canon REALis WUX500 thoughts?

I am looking to place a projector into a fairly bright public space (public library) that is very large. It is hoped we will use the PJ with a screen of around 216" or even larger if we can (I need to measure). So, I was looking for a large venue type projector with higher brightness and ran across the Canon REALiS WUX500 for a tick over $3,000. This projector advertises 5000 lumens and is 1920x1080, motorized lens shift and more. Lighting can be diffused with our electronically controlled light diffusing blinds, so I think 5000 lumens should be sufficient..?
The PJ is intended for all around general use: Movies, presentations, and during concerts.
I will grab some measurements and maybe a pic to show you the space that I am talking about...
Any other PJ suggestions that won't break the bank? (Around $3k, or even less if possible, but don't be afraid to suggest higher if it is one of those slam-dunk-gotta-have-it things)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-08-2017, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11803 Post(s)
Liked: 9343
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Might also consider Epson G7400U. Native contrast will be about the same, but has 5,500 lumens, powered lens and 4K E-shift.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-10-2017, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Might also consider Epson G7400U. Native contrast will be about the same, but has 5,500 lumens, powered lens and 4K E-shift.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I am also awaiting a call from PJPeople for cost and suggestions.
How about the screen? Will sticking with a standard gain (1.0) be OK for general use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-10-2017, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11803 Post(s)
Liked: 9343
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtownsend View Post
Thanks, I'll take a look at it. I am also awaiting a call from PJPeople for cost and suggestions.
How about the screen? Will sticking with a standard gain (1.0) be OK for general use?
Screen depends on a lot of factors, room, use, budget and throw available. Would be happy to help you with selection. Shoot me an email.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page