Sony VPL-VW285ES Owners Thread - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3037Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3781 of 3789 Old 11-03-2019, 09:48 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello
Over the summer, some of you said you had a Silver Ticket screen. Do you have whiny or gray?
Neuroman11 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3782 of 3789 Old 11-05-2019, 02:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi guys, I need help and your opinion. My projects has about 200 hours. Some days ago I've made a new calibration (I am not an expert but I used to make a good grayscale and gamma in these years). The problem is at 10 ire. With a good linear grayscale 6500 Kelvin the 10 ire is completely wrong. It has an evidence need of Blu and the very black image obviously is brown tinted. I can't solve this because if I raise up Blu all the others ire bias point gone wrong. See the image. The dealer said to me that I can solve this problem with image director but: I never tried a calibration with this software but firs off all it seems to me very strange to be obliged to use this software to solve the problem. What do you think about? Thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191031_162723_1572946917393.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	3.14 MB
ID:	2636662  
Brian Hampton likes this.
lucama is offline  
post #3783 of 3789 Old 11-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
bloodta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 607
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 18
How do you change motion flow? The only option I get is “impulse”. I’m using the Cinema 2 setting.
bloodta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3784 of 3789 Old 11-12-2019, 07:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodta View Post
How do you change motion flow? The only option I get is “impulse”. I’m using the Cinema 2 setting.
You can't have frame interpolation on 4k content, only 1080p. The processor isn't strong enough. BTW for film content, you should leave it off. Those projectors handle 24p content very well.
Archibald1 likes this.
entropy02 is offline  
post #3785 of 3789 Old 11-19-2019, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Hampton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 9,314
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucama View Post
Hi guys, I need help and your opinion. My projects has about 200 hours. Some days ago I've made a new calibration (I am not an expert but I used to make a good grayscale and gamma in these years). The problem is at 10 ire. With a good linear grayscale 6500 Kelvin the 10 ire is completely wrong. It has an evidence need of Blu and the very black image obviously is brown tinted. I can't solve this because if I raise up Blu all the others ire bias point gone wrong. See the image. The dealer said to me that I can solve this problem with image director but: I never tried a calibration with this software but firs off all it seems to me very strange to be obliged to use this software to solve the problem. What do you think about? Thanks a lot
The only good news I have if you haven't solved this yet is Image Director is free and can fix it. And, in my experience a full reset from the user menu of the projector undoes any changes made by Image Director so it's safe to try.

There are many gamma presets. If you want to "dabble" with Image Director follow instructions from this thread to experiment with the German Curves. They walk you through setup and use of Image Director.
Brian Hampton is offline  
post #3786 of 3789 Old 11-19-2019, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Hampton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 9,314
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 948
Forcing Dolby Vision and then calibrating using Image Director

Hi,

I read something about someone using a HD FURY Vertex to let devices like the Sony X700 output Dolby Vision to non DV projector including the 285. Seems like I can force DV out of the Sony X700 already. Doesn't seem like a good plan being the 285 doesn't support it.

Also if anyone has ideas to tips for standard calibration of 285 -> SDR and HDR10 and wants to share information about that I would appreciate it.

I've been using defaults for a while... actually the defaults on my 285 are watch-able.

=Brian

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 11-19-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Brian Hampton is offline  
post #3787 of 3789 Old 11-19-2019, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Archibald1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 3,511
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2140 Post(s)
Liked: 1160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
Hi,

I read something about someone using a HD FURY Vertex to let devices like the Sony X700 output Dolby Vision to non DV projector including the 285. Seems like I can force DV out of the Sony X700 already. Doesn't seem like a good plan being the 285 doesn't support it.

Also if anyone has ideas to tips for standard calibration of 285 -> SDR and HDR10 and wants to share information about that I would appreciate it.

I've been using defaults for a while... actually the defaults on my 285 are watch-able.

=Brian
I believe the idea with forcing LLDV on an X700/800 is getting the Fury device to 'hijack' the DV flag and send HDR10 to the PJ. The benefit of this is supposed to be you would now be getting dynamically tone mapped video.
Brian Hampton likes this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
Archibald1 is online now  
post #3788 of 3789 Old 11-19-2019, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bytehoven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,739
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1517 Post(s)
Liked: 1184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
Hi,

I read something about someone using a HD FURY Vertex to let devices like the Sony X700 output Dolby Vision to non DV projector including the 285. Seems like I can force DV out of the Sony X700 already. Doesn't seem like a good plan being the 285 doesn't support it.

Also if anyone has ideas to tips for standard calibration of 285 -> SDR and HDR10 and wants to share information about that I would appreciate it.

I've been using defaults for a while... actually the defaults on my 285 are watch-able.

=Brian
Hi brian... follow the link below (also in my signature). I started a thread on this topic which echoed what Dave Harper was doing in another forum.

I have had success using the Vertex with the Sony x800m2 (newer sony player than x700) and the Apple ATV4k. Read the thread and let me know if you have any questions.

HDFury DV Profile 5 Exploit
Brian Hampton and Archibald1 like this.

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
Bytehoven is offline  
post #3789 of 3789 Old 11-19-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Brian Hampton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 9,314
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 948
Interesting read and I'll think more about it.

Thanks,

-Brian
Brian Hampton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
12v trigger , automation , directv and vpl-vw285es , vpl-vw285es

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off