Official JVC - 20LTD - RS640 (x990/x9900) - RS540 (X790/x7900) - Owners Thread - Page 163 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31192Likes

post #4861 of 12075 Old 02-18-2018, 01:32 PM
JJ7

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravi View Post
The bigger question is why is the option even enabled? If someone is not savvy enough to figure out that they have to switch off HDR on the PS4, I have no idea how they will ever get over the issue since the projector will automatically switch to HDR when the game is launched. Are there not enough people who use JVC projectors with an older PS4 and play one of the newer games like COD WWII? Surely we can't be the only two people who encounter this situation?
Yeah, it is puzzling. I give Sony an A for effort but D on execution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4862 of 12075 Old 02-18-2018, 02:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 476 Post(s)
Quoted: 6818 Post(s)
Liked: 6445
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ7 View Post
My best guess at the moment is that for HDR to work on the projector, it needs to see YCbCr while the orig, non-Pro PS4 can only send RGB.
HDR on JVC's work in RGB I use it every day.

My PS4 is downstairs plugged into my 75" Hisense, 1080pHDR seems to work fine on that.

I commented earlier about the pink screen because I have had this issue before and it was not because of HDR, it was because the JVC was getting mixed up on RGB vs Ycbcr, have you tried toggling that option on page 2 in the JVC menu?

In the past I had to power cycle my AVR and HDMI inputs on the JVC for it to fix itself.

Also, are you on the latest firmware? It was released a month or so after the JVCs first came out, it directly solved HDR related issues.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #4863 of 12075 Old 02-18-2018, 09:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Not released yet, here in the US. Only three coming to the US and dealers should receive them end of this month. Definitely an improvement, since they will have 200,000:1 native contrast.
Only 3. What a joke. That is like an ultra mega limited release.

Anyway, I hope they can get to 200,000:1 native contrast for next year's top end model. Oh and laser would be nice too.
MOberhardt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4864 of 12075 Old 02-19-2018, 09:54 AM
JJ7

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
HDR on JVC's work in RGB I use it every day.

My PS4 is downstairs plugged into my 75" Hisense, 1080pHDR seems to work fine on that.

I commented earlier about the pink screen because I have had this issue before and it was not because of HDR, it was because the JVC was getting mixed up on RGB vs Ycbcr, have you tried toggling that option on page 2 in the JVC menu?

In the past I had to power cycle my AVR and HDMI inputs on the JVC for it to fix itself.

Also, are you on the latest firmware? It was released a month or so after the JVCs first came out, it directly solved HDR related issues.
Javs, I appreciate the suggestions. I went to page 2 on the JVC and tried RGB and the two Ycbcr options. RGB looked worst (that hot pink), but they were all bad with a red color cast for sure. I also played with the various white options, but they didn't seem to achieve much.

In terms of firmware, you're talking about ps4 firmware? My son says it is up to date but I'll double-check.
post #4865 of 12075 Old 02-19-2018, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 11982 Post(s)
Liked: 9501
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by SED <--- Rules View Post
Only 3. What a joke. That is like an ultra mega limited release.

Anyway, I hope they can get to 200,000:1 native contrast for next year's top end model. Oh and laser would be nice too.
It is a limited edition. Only made 20 for the whole world.
post #4866 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'm building (re-building) my home theater now and wanting to figure out my sources as well as display. My PJ will be a 790(540)\990(640) depending on my final budget and prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandyka View Post
Yep if you have a decent PC then there is no point getting a dedicated player as MadVr can can do the same as the Oppo and more for free.
Quote:
My PC is dead silent and can do pretty much anything and more than any player, I've got the Panny used to have the Oppo but simply i don't use them anymore as there is no need.

True but more and more of us do have a PC connected as the main entertainment source these days and the numbers a re growing for good reasons. If you spend as much as the Oppo you will be able to do much more there is simply nothing more versatile. ...and once you have seen what Madvr can do there is no going back.

i5 should be fine you need at least 16GB RAM and a good graphics card, the more powerful the better but a geforce 1070 will do fine for basic 4K needs.
Is there a thread or site somewhere that has information on setting up a PC for MadVR and getting the most out of 4K\HDR? Can you play discs as well as ripped movies? I currently use a PC to control my cable TV using an HD HomeRun Prime. I've been thinking of an upgrade since Windows 7 support is ending and changing which software will control my TV (Emby, NextPVR...).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
Thanks. I did try from the directory, but nothing.

That's it... I'm picking up the Oppo 203 tomorrow. I'm confident it'll put out a gorgeous picture with simple plug and play rather than the likes of a science project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie View Post
Except:
  1. The Oppo has HDMI in capability in addition to disc playing. E.g., can play your Shield or ATV or <other> through the Oppo's processing.
  2. The Oppo is silent.
If I don't think the PC\MadVR option is the way to go, and I want a more plug and play option, what are the recommended options for best picture and sound? I would want access to streaming from Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon and Vudu (possibly more individual channel apps). I thought I read some streaming devices don't allow for Dolby Atmos sound. Here's the list I've come up with:

Oppo 203 - Add a streaming device. Should all of my sources except Oppo go through my AVR (likely Denon AVR-X6400H) with the AVR out going through the Oppo input? Then output sound from Oppo back to AVR and picture to PJ? Which streaming boxes support Dolby Atmos if any?

Panasonic DMP-UB900 - Should have most of the streaming I'd use. Doesn't play SACD or DVD-A which I have a few so that would be nice to have again. Does streaming support Dolby Atmos?

Sony UBP-X800 - Should have the streaming, plays SACD and DVD-A. Would the picture with these be as good if I get into using Javs custom settings? Does streaming support Dolby Atmos?

Xbox One X - I've read it will stream Dolby Atmos. Gaming machine but may not be of much use with my son out of the house...unless I start playing against him online . Probably last choice as most critical viewing will be from disc unless I go with PC.

Legacy sources I will have:

PS3 (original that supports PS2 gaming)
Wii
HD-DVD

Quote:
I have one HDMI cable going to my JVC, so I do not change inputs.
I'm guessing you route everything through AVR\Processor or do you use Oppo? I can't remember which comment I grabbed this quote from .

"Like a Ninja, only better!"

Current HT Room Build
post #4867 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 08:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
I think Javs has a link in his signature for MadVr settings. The more powerful your graphics card the better as simple as that.

This is an interesting thread as well.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...projector.html
mustang5o likes this.

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
post #4868 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang5o View Post
I'm building (re-building) my home theater now and wanting to figure out my sources as well as display. My PJ will be a 790(540)\990(640) depending on my final budget and prices.

Is there a thread or site somewhere that has information on setting up a PC for MadVR and getting the most out of 4K\HDR? Can you play discs as well as ripped movies? I currently use a PC to control my cable TV using an HD HomeRun Prime. I've been thinking of an upgrade since Windows 7 support is ending and changing which software will control my TV (Emby, NextPVR...).

If I don't think the PC\MadVR option is the way to go, and I want a more plug and play option, what are the recommended options for best picture and sound? I would want access to streaming from Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Amazon and Vudu (possibly more individual channel apps). I thought I read some streaming devices don't allow for Dolby Atmos sound. Here's the list I've come up with:

Oppo 203 - Add a streaming device. Should all of my sources except Oppo go through my AVR (likely Denon AVR-X6400H) with the AVR out going through the Oppo input? Then output sound from Oppo back to AVR and picture to PJ? Which streaming boxes support Dolby Atmos if any?

Panasonic DMP-UB900 - Should have most of the streaming I'd use. Doesn't play SACD or DVD-A which I have a few so that would be nice to have again. Does streaming support Dolby Atmos?

Sony UBP-X800 - Should have the streaming, plays SACD and DVD-A. Would the picture with these be as good if I get into using Javs custom settings? Does streaming support Dolby Atmos?

Xbox One X - I've read it will stream Dolby Atmos. Gaming machine but may not be of much use with my son out of the house...unless I start playing against him online . Probably last choice as most critical viewing will be from disc unless I go with PC.

Wii
HD-DVD

I'm guessing you route everything through AVR\Processor or do you use Oppo? I can't remember which comment I grabbed this quote from .
I only have the Oppo and a Roku connected to my system. I feed the Roku through my Oppo. That way the Oppo can do the processing and because the Oppo can do vertical stretch for my A-lens.
mustang5o likes this.
post #4869 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2342 Post(s)
Liked: 1236
Quote:
I only have the Oppo and a Roku connected to my system. I feed the Roku through my Oppo. That way the Oppo can do the processing and because the Oppo can do vertical stretch for my A-lens.
Mike, does your Roku through the Oppo 203 ever crash...I mean, for example, show video stuttering or freezing while still playing sound? It happened to me more than once, but only when I switch through parts of different titles in a short time, think of playing a few different trailers sort of thing.

If so, what's the fix?
post #4870 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Official JVC - 20LTD - RS640 (x990/x9900) - RS540 (X790/x7900) - Owners Thread

Quote:

Wii

HD-DVD

Kind of OT, probably worth it’s own discussion in the source area. Atmos is all over the place for streaming. That’s why I’m still using discs. Vudu does support it on the Xbox and some TVs. Roku doesn’t. Apple hinted at Atmos compatibility in the future but nothing yet.

I use a disc player for the best audio/video when I’m watching or I have friends over. I use a streamer for other things like Netflix. I just bought an ATV4K with the directv now deal. Pay for 3 months get the appletv for almost half price.

I run everything though my AVR then to the PJ. I’m using Javs curves for HDR so it doesn’t matter what source I’m using.

If you go the tone mapping Oppo route then you only have that feature available for sources run through the Oppo and it’s one input- streamer of your choice. This is why I’m sticking with the imported curves.

Don’t loop back through your AVR. HDMI loops do funny things. Either source-avr-Pj or source-avr-Oppo-pj. Don’t do source-avr-Oppo-avr-pj.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mustang5o likes this.
post #4871 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Mike, does your Roku through the Oppo 203 ever crash...I mean, for example, show video stuttering or freezing while still playing sound? It happened to me more than once, but only when I switch through parts of different titles in a short time, think of playing a few different trailers sort of thing.

If so, what's the fix?
No, but I take my time, when switching. In other words, if playing a movie, I hit stop, let the Oppo go to home screen and then change source. If I do that, then never any problems. If I don't stop the movie and just change to HDMI input on the Oppo for the Roku, then I can run into problems on occasion.
post #4872 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice54 View Post
Don’t loop back through your AVR. HDMI loops do funny things. Either source-avr-Pj or source-avr-Oppo-pj. Don’t do source-avr-Oppo-avr-pj.

If you do sources-avr-Oppo-pj, then you have to loop back the HDMI audio only out back to AVR to get audio for disc playback.

I agree the first option is cleanest but limits you to one input to the Oppo, which is all I personally need (some kind of streaming device, in my case my Sony X800 player)
mustang5o likes this.
post #4873 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I think Javs has a link in his signature for MadVr settings. The more powerful your graphics card the better as simple as that.

Thanks. I'll start with that.

Quote:
Part of me wishes I could afford the level of A-lens it would take to make it worthwhile but I'll settle for lens memories. I'll be selling my old Prismasonic lens I bought from AVS back in 2007. Don't think that will cut it for 4K and HDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice54 View Post
Kind of OT, probably worth it’s own discussion in the source area. Atmos is all over the place for streaming. That’s why I’m still using discs. Vudu does support it on the Xbox and some TVs. Roku doesn’t. Apple hinted at Atmos compatibility in the future but nothing yet.

I use a disc player for the best audio/video when I’m watching or I have friends over. I use a streamer for other things like Netflix. I just bought an ATV4K with the directv now deal. Pay for 3 months get the appletv for almost half price.

I run everything though my AVR then to the PJ. I’m using Javs curves for HDR so it doesn’t matter what source I’m using.

If you go the tone mapping Oppo route then you only have that feature available for sources run through the Oppo and it’s one input- streamer of your choice. This is why I’m sticking with the imported curves.

When I was talking about going into Oppo from AVR then back to AVR that was for audio only. I was under the impression that could be done so all video goes from Oppo to PJ and Oppo audio gets to AVR.

Does the Oppo improve anything video wise that can't be improved by using Javs curves? I know the audio side of the Oppo is probably better than the Sony, from what I've read.

Thanks for the info so far everyone.

Current HT Room Build
post #4874 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
ARVE TOOL INSTRUCTIONS
EASY / FAST METHOD

UPDATE FEBRUARY 2018 - V3 CURVES ADDED - SEE THIS FOLLOWING POST FOR WHATS CHANGED

• I have placed everything you need in one folder on my Dropbox, it includes the tool, the curves, and Python:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t78y40ijf...4Qr3jevra?dl=0

If you want to download things individually...

• Download these instructions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgqotnzpud...TIONS.pdf?dl=1

• Download the Arve Tool.
https://github.com/arvehj/jvcprojectortools/archive/master.zip

• Download the Arve curves for 1000nit and 4000nit peak white, put them in the same directory as the extracted Arve tool software.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vyu55o5he...urves.zip?dl=1

V2 Curves (January 2018) - 0 nits black level (Bar 64 is now black on the pattern) / Tweaked Highlight Rolloff / 1000 nit curve is now 1200 nit curve.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0c0t9fmo2...%20v2.zip?dl=1

V3 Curves (FEBRUARY 2018) - 0 nits black level (Bar 64 is now black on the pattern) / Tweaked Highlight Rolloff considerably / 1200 nit and 4000 nit curve.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbwz9fyt62...%20v3.zip?dl=1

Loaded these up via Arves tool, so last thing I need to do here is set the black level using a HDR test pattern?

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #4875 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I'll start with that.

Part of me wishes I could afford the level of A-lens it would take to make it worthwhile but I'll settle for lens memories. I'll be selling my old Prismasonic lens I bought from AVS back in 2007. Don't think that will cut it for 4K and HDR.

When I was talking about going into Oppo from AVR then back to AVR that was for audio only. I was under the impression that could be done so all video goes from Oppo to PJ and Oppo audio gets to AVR.

Does the Oppo improve anything video wise that can't be improved by using Javs curves? I know the audio side of the Oppo is probably better than the Sony, from what I've read.

Thanks for the info so far everyone.
Yes, that will work.
mustang5o likes this.
post #4876 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 11:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
If you do sources-avr-Oppo-pj, then you have to loop back the HDMI audio only out back to AVR to get audio for disc playback.

I agree the first option is cleanest but limits you to one input to the Oppo, which is all I personally need (some kind of streaming device, in my case my Sony X800 player)
So you have a Sony player going through the Oppo to get streaming? Seems like an expensive way to get streaming.

Quote:
Yes, that will work.
Thanks. That gets me leaning a bit towards Oppo. Just need to confirm my last question: "Does the Oppo improve anything video wise that can't be improved by using Javs curves? I know the audio side of the Oppo is probably better than the Sony, from what I've read.".

Otherwise, if video is just as good with say the Sony and Javs curves then simplicity says go Sony X800 (and all other sources) to AVR and AVR to PJ. Load up the curves and call it a day???

Current HT Room Build
post #4877 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
I got the cable and all is well. It shows that I'm getting HDR from the Shield through the Oppo as I hoped. 1080p sources are working through my receiver as I hoped.

I'm using THX for SDR and out of the box it looks pretty damn good to me. I've looked at a few test images and color, tint, contrast and brightness seems spot on. Black is much better than my Epson 5030. It's also noticeably quieter. I may try calibrating SDR tomorrow just for fun, even though it's too early for the bulb, I'm just curious how it is though. I can see I have a lot to learn about HDR though.
Just an FYI, I ran a monoprice Cabernet HDMI, which supports 4K @60hz, and I played DeadPool 4k HDR and it worked on my sony 65", using the oppo 203

CineMoe 3.0 Atmos 7.2.4 build in progress
JVC RS540 | EluneVision Reference 4K Audioweave 150" 2.35:1 | Anthem MRX-1120 |OPPO UDP-203 | Definitive Tech BP8060ST, CS8060HD, 4x SR8040BP, 4x Atmos DI 6.5R | Dual HSU VTF-3 MK5 subs | Ultralink HDC-150RM power conditioner | Harmony Elite | 8x Sonos Connect Amps| Monoprice 12AWG speakerwire, certified HDR HDMI |
post #4878 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 12:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
Loaded these up via Arves tool, so last thing I need to do here is set the black level using a HDR test pattern?
Yes. Using the bbo feature in the Arve tool preferavly, not the brightness control on the jvc.
AidenL likes this.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #4879 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
So you have a Sony player going through the Oppo to get streaming? Seems like an expensive way to get streaming.

Thanks. That gets me leaning a bit towards Oppo. Just need to confirm my last question: "Does the Oppo improve anything video wise that can't be improved by using Javs curves? I know the audio side of the Oppo is probably better than the Sony, from what I've read.".

Otherwise, if video is just as good with say the Sony and Javs curves then simplicity says go Sony X800 (and all other sources) to AVR and AVR to PJ. Load up the curves and call it a day???
If you were talking a custom curve designed specifically for your system, then I would say yes, custom curve works very nicely. But if you are just downloading with no changes, then I would go Oppo.

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 02-20-2018 at 12:40 PM.
post #4880 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe80 View Post
Just an FYI, I ran a monoprice Cabernet HDMI, which supports 4K @60hz, and I played DeadPool 4k HDR and it worked on my sony 65", using the oppo 203
Most people do not find success with that cable.
Bytehoven likes this.
post #4881 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yeah tone mapping is not really hitting the correct gamut coverage right now, it's significantly under it. Check out my post and measurements near the end of that thread. Best to use HDR passthrough.

-
post #4882 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes. Using the bbo feature in the Arve tool preferavly, not the brightness control on the jvc.
Javs,

I tried it , used bbo, a range from 0.005 to 0.0016, then Pw, and it barely seemed to make any difference?

Is it extremely subtle ?

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #4883 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 01:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
Javs,

I tried it , used bbo, a range from 0.005 to 0.0016, then Pw, and it barely seemed to make any difference?

Is it extremely subtle ?
Try 0.003 or even 0.01 and work backward, yes it's subtle.
AidenL likes this.

-
post #4884 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
Quote:
Yeah tone mapping is not really hitting the correct gamut coverage right now, it's significantly under it. Check out my post and measurements near the end of that thread. Best to use HDR passthrough.
I am and keeping an eye on the thread to see when it's sorted.

JVC RS620/X9500 in bat cave Anthem MRX-720 + 3xpower amps = 7.1.4, Martin Logan Motion 60XT fronts, ML FX rears, ML Motion 50XT centre, 4 x ML Motion 2 on ceiling Atmos, ML Balanced force 210 as the beast. Panasonic UB900, STAX-3170 earspeakers, HTPC, PS4, PS3, Amiga 500 etc..Epson LS10000 calibration and WCG SDR settings: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-dig...l#post50298297
post #4885 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:

I am planning to use the Sony for streaming because I already have it! It is my UHD player today and I am awaiting the Oppo this week, which I got for the tone mapping feature primarily. Even if I sell my Sony and get a Roku or something it would be wash.

As far as the audio side of the Oppo, it is better only if you plan using its internal DAC for music or movies. If you are just sending a digital bitstream to a receiver then it doesn't matter. Of course, this statement is the rational one, audiophiles will argue that digital transports matter a lot, defying the laws of physics. But that is another topic.
post #4886 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I'm wondering if any Harmony users can help me get the power off sorted. It's set up to send two off commands, but they seem to be ignored. I think what's happening is that the dialog disappears after the signal from the source device drops, or something like that, and the off commands don't take effect. I'm not sure. I'm just wondering what kind of delays and ordering of commands people use to get this to work.
post #4887 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Mickunas View Post
I'm wondering if any Harmony users can help me get the power off sorted. It's set up to send two off commands, but they seem to be ignored. I think what's happening is that the dialog disappears after the signal from the source device drops, or something like that, and the off commands don't take effect. I'm not sure. I'm just wondering what kind of delays and ordering of commands people use to get this to work.
I went through the same thing today but got lucky and fixed it... Have you tried fixing the commands.. If not, on your phone click on devices then on the bottom click on edit devices and pick the device you want to fix.. then add and fix command.. That did it for me after 8 hours of trying everything else..

Last edited by jorgebetancourt; 02-20-2018 at 06:49 PM.
post #4888 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Exact same issue with COD WWII, running PS4 through Marantz SR7010 to JVC RS420. The JVC auto detects HDR but then everything turns purple, even after closing the game, until I set HDR off on the PS4. After a bunch of Google searches, I think it might be my cable from PS4 to receiver which is an older one. Going to replace with a premium certified cable and test, hopefully next week.

But I still don't understand the concept of 1080P HDR. I thought HDR was part of the 4K/UHD standard, no idea it can be layered on top of a 1080P signal.
I thought that as well until I watched the Cloverfield Paradox. 1080p with HDR. I was wondering why the 4K looked “off”
post #4889 of 12075 Old 02-20-2018, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

If so, what's the fix?
I have seen this problem and duplicated with two different Roku Ultras through the Oppo. The only fix I see is rebooting the Roku. It seems to happen when fast forwarding or rewinding for me, same as you mention. I am always circling back to the opening scenes in Altered Carbon where the soldiers with the glowing red eyes are in the apartment to test out my HDR settings... sooner or later I see the slow downs. The video stutters and but oddly the sound is okay. I can go to the home screen and even the menus aren't very responsive. Seems like a bug in the Roku OS to me.
Aztar35 likes this.
post #4890 of 12075 Old 02-21-2018, 06:35 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 6495 Post(s)
Liked: 6475
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe80 View Post
What length cable ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page