Official JVC - 20LTD - RS640 (x990/x9900) - RS540 (X790/x7900) - Owners Thread - Page 266 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31262Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #7951 of 12209 Old 08-14-2018, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bytehoven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,400
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
So I have it installed on our ceiling mount and picture center pretty much on screen.

Has someone put together a PDF guide or something to start working on getting picture better and all the settings right?

I have now the JVC X990R, My Denon AVR-X6200W, Nvidia Shield TV hooked to my unRAID Plex Server, Xbox One S and DirecTV.
As coxy said, check out the top of this thread. I will be adding ub820 setting suggestions shortly, building on recommendations from aztar and others.

Please note my setting recommendations have had mixed reviews, but they have been working well for me.

The SDR setups are very easy since the x990 is excellent out of the box.

HDR is a different story. While my recommended on board setting are pretty good, they fall short of the oppo 203 gamma tone mapping. I'm planning a switch to the panasonic ub820 to get past some of the short falls of the 203.

I have not yet explored Jav's custom curves, but everyone reports they are worth the effort.

Running jvc autocal software with a spyder 5 probe was worth the effort, and I'm planning a pro calibration session for later this fall.

Congrats on your new projector.

JVC X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen (Flexi-White) - ub820 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - Xbone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + AVR-3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - Dayton - BIC Sub
Bytehoven is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7952 of 12209 Old 08-14-2018, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
rmilyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
As coxy said, check out the top of this thread. I will be adding ub820 setting suggestions shortly, building on recommendations from aztar and others.

Please note my setting recommendations have had mixed reviews, but they have been working well for me.

The SDR setups are very easy since the x990 is excellent out of the box.

HDR is a different story. While my recommended on board setting are pretty good, they fall short of the oppo 203 gamma tone mapping. I'm planning a switch to the panasonic ub820 to get past some of the short falls of the 203.

I have not yet explored Jav's custom curves, but everyone reports they are worth the effort.

Running jvc autocal software with a spyder 5 probe was worth the effort, and I'm planning a pro calibration session for later this fall.

Congrats on your new projector.
Thanks. So far seems pretty nice. I did your SDR setting and they go look better. Wife was watching Monk and it looked pretty good for older series.

I mainly use my Shield TV for all our stuff. I have a rather larger unRAID Plex Server with 100tb I built. Stores all our media. I also use my Xbox One S but now might move my Xbox One X into room. Also have a Samsung Ultra Blu-ray player not sure model but know it was one of better ones. Got when father in law passed away. Don’t use it much since have Plex. I do have the Disney WOW and Spears and Munsil HD benchmark 2rd edition Blu rays.

So want really get best from Shield and Xbox I can get.
rmilyard is offline  
post #7953 of 12209 Old 08-14-2018, 11:51 PM
Member
 
flamjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 142
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Interested to see what JVC brings to the table at ifa in a week or so. I wonder if this range will see native 4k going forwar
flamjam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7954 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 02:33 AM
Advanced Member
 
coxy2416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 687
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
Thanks. So far seems pretty nice. I did your SDR setting and they go look better. Wife was watching Monk and it looked pretty good for older series.

I mainly use my Shield TV for all our stuff. I have a rather larger unRAID Plex Server with 100tb I built. Stores all our media. I also use my Xbox One S but now might move my Xbox One X into room. Also have a Samsung Ultra Blu-ray player not sure model but know it was one of better ones. Got when father in law passed away. Don’t use it much since have Plex. I do have the Disney WOW and Spears and Munsil HD benchmark 2rd edition Blu rays.

So want really get best from Shield and Xbox I can get.
I own a Shield and the biggest drawback is that it can not do auto colour space switching which is a big minus in my books. I only use it to watch 4K material as I do not want to be constantly switching the colour space back and forth. I use Kodi for my 4K material and it does an excellent job! I have also tried Plex and it works great as well.

I have also notices that it does not upconvert 1080P to 4K all that great. I use my Oppo 103D for that as it blows the Shield out of the water in this area. Unfortunately I have not found one streaming system to do everything well as of yet.
coxy2416 is offline  
post #7955 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 04:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 6,785
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4749 Post(s)
Liked: 1781
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy2416 View Post
I have also notices that it does not upconvert 1080P to 4K all that great. I use my Oppo 103D for that as it blows the Shield out of the water in this area. Unfortunately I have not found one streaming system to do everything well as of yet.
Have you tried the Apple TV 4K? It has the option of converting dynamic range and frame rate (if you’re not bothered by 60Hz frame rate), so the projector never get into that 20-sec resync. It doesn’t have an official Kodi app, however. I’m using MrMC and Plex to play local media files.
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #7956 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,000
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5029 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoffeldg View Post
However, when looking at the video output, it's giving me 1080p RGB (HDR), which is what I want (It's a normal PS4, not a 4k enabled one).
Pretty sure 1080p HDR is a spec violation. Turn off HDR.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is online now  
post #7957 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 04:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,000
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5029 Post(s)
Liked: 3270
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
Thanks. So far seems pretty nice. I did your SDR setting and they go look better. Wife was watching Monk and it looked pretty good for older series.

I mainly use my Shield TV for all our stuff. I have a rather larger unRAID Plex Server with 100tb I built. Stores all our media. I also use my Xbox One S but now might move my Xbox One X into room. Also have a Samsung Ultra Blu-ray player not sure model but know it was one of better ones. Got when father in law passed away. Don’t use it much since have Plex. I do have the Disney WOW and Spears and Munsil HD benchmark 2rd edition Blu rays.

So want really get best from Shield and Xbox I can get.
Dig up a copy of interstellar and get to around 53:30 and see how incredible the blacks look on the star field on the JVC.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is online now  
post #7958 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 07:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
coxy2416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 687
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Have you tried the Apple TV 4K? It has the option of converting dynamic range and frame rate (if you’re not bothered by 60Hz frame rate), so the projector never get into that 20-sec resync. It doesn’t have an official Kodi app, however. I’m using MrMC and Plex to play local media files.
I thought about going to the Apple TV 4K and using plex but correct me if i am wrong - The Apple TV 4K will not bit-stream audio?

Right now i just load everything on a 5TB hard drive and plug it in to the Shield and play it through Kodi as I am not to sure I want to leave my computer on 24hrs a day.
coxy2416 is offline  
post #7959 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
rmilyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy2416 View Post
I thought about going to the Apple TV 4K and using plex but correct me if i am wrong - The Apple TV 4K will not bit-stream audio?

Right now i just load everything on a 5TB hard drive and plug it in to the Shield and play it through Kodi as I am not to sure I want to leave my computer on 24hrs a day.
I thought I read someplace ATMOS will not work. Deal breaker for my setup.
rmilyard is offline  
post #7960 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
beastaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Western NC
Posts: 14,494
Mentioned: 398 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5585 Post(s)
Liked: 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
As coxy said, check out the top of this thread. I will be adding ub820 setting suggestions shortly, building on recommendations from aztar and others.

Please note my setting recommendations have had mixed reviews, but they have been working well for me.

The SDR setups are very easy since the x990 is excellent out of the box.

HDR is a different story. While my recommended on board setting are pretty good, they fall short of the oppo 203 gamma tone mapping. I'm planning a switch to the panasonic ub820 to get past some of the short falls of the 203.

I have not yet explored Jav's custom curves, but everyone reports they are worth the effort.

Running jvc autocal software with a spyder 5 probe was worth the effort, and I'm planning a pro calibration session for later this fall.

Congrats on your new projector.
Already being familiar with the jvc software, you could very easily upload Jav's lower res curves that dont require the arve tool or anything other than the JVC software. You could literally download his two curves, upload them into two custom gamma slots using the jvc PC software, and be done in less than 10 minutes.
Bytehoven likes this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
beastaudio is offline  
post #7961 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 6,785
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4749 Post(s)
Liked: 1781
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
I thought I read someplace ATMOS will not work. Deal breaker for my setup.
Atmos support is one of the features being added in the upcoming tvOS 12 update for Apple TV 4K.
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #7962 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 08:45 AM
Advanced Member
 
coxy2416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 687
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
I thought I read someplace ATMOS will not work. Deal breaker for my setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Atmos support is one of the features being added in the upcoming tvOS 12 update for Apple TV 4K.
This is true but I am not sure that it will bit-stream to a receiver. And I am not sure if this will be supported through all apps such as Netflix and Plex.

If it could bit-stream Hi-Res Audio then I would use it over my Shield as I hate not having the Auto Colour Space which I have read the Apple 4K TV does well.
coxy2416 is offline  
post #7963 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
rmilyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Atmos support is one of the features being added in the upcoming tvOS 12 update for Apple TV 4K.
If is being added might be worth switching after reading more about it.
rmilyard is offline  
post #7964 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,687
Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3759 Post(s)
Liked: 4587
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Pretty sure 1080p HDR is a spec violation. Turn off HDR.
ATV 4K does output @ 1080p HDR and 1080p Dolby Vision so I'm pretty sure it's not an spec violation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	44-apple-tv-4k-2017.png
Views:	24
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	2442100  
rmilyard and bobof like this.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #7965 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 09:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Toknowshita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy2416 View Post
This is true but I am not sure that it will bit-stream to a receiver. And I am not sure if this will be supported through all apps such as Netflix and Plex.

If it could bit-stream Hi-Res Audio then I would use it over my Shield as I hate not having the Auto Colour Space which I have read the Apple 4K TV does well.
If you download the tvOS 12 beta you can get Atmos. It bitstreams. Vudu was the only app were I was getting Atmos through the tvOS 12 beta. Hopefully by fall the Apple Movies app supports it.

Toknowshita is offline  
post #7966 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
rmilyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Guessing can install Plex app and does that work?
rmilyard is offline  
post #7967 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 6,785
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4749 Post(s)
Liked: 1781
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
ATV 4K does output @ 1080p HDR and 1080p Dolby Vision so I'm pretty sure it's not an spec violation.
It may not be a spec violation, but the specific combination of 1080p and HDR is not supported by JVC projectors.
See Post 7926 by Mike Garrett.

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 08-15-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #7968 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 6,785
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4749 Post(s)
Liked: 1781
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
Guessing can install Plex app and does that work?
Plex works well but requires a server running on a computer or NAS device.
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #7969 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 10:08 AM
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 3,147
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2536 Post(s)
Liked: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
It may not be a spec violation, but the specific combination of 1080p and HDR is not supported by JVC projectors.
See Post 7926 by Mike Garrett.
It's a pretty dumb limitation in that case (one might even be so bold as to say "bug"). Certainly the manual gives no clue that it >wouldn't< be supported. Loads of devices can be set to output 1080p HDR.
bobof is online now  
post #7970 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,364
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6574 Post(s)
Liked: 6574
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmilyard View Post
So I ended up picking up a DLA-X990RB today to replace my Epson 5040ub. Just waiting for wife to get home to help with the switch.
Should be a nice update there, welcome to the club
Bytehoven likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #7971 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 11:08 AM
Senior Member
 
jwhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I’m currently using the Chief RPA020 with my Sony VPL-HW40ES projector. I‘m planning to replace the Sony with the JVC DLA-X990R and would like to know what’s needed to accommodate the installation.


Thanks
Bytehoven likes this.
jwhart is offline  
post #7972 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
coxy2416's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 687
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toknow****a View Post
If you download the tvOS 12 beta you can get Atmos. It bitstreams. Vudu was the only app were I was getting Atmos through the tvOS 12 beta. Hopefully by fall the Apple Movies app supports it.
Weird that Apples own Movie app does not yet support it

Will it bit-stream through the Plex App?
coxy2416 is offline  
post #7973 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
christoffeldg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,375
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhart View Post
I’m currently using the Chief RPA020 with my Sony VPL-HW40ES projector. I‘m planning to replace the Sony with the JVC DLA-X990R and would like to know what’s needed to accommodate the installation.


Thanks
I just boosted my own HW40ES with a JVC X7900 and you're really going to like that step up. Big difference.
Bytehoven likes this.

Video: Sony VPL-VW760ES, Elite screen Aeon 135" Cinewhite + JVC X7900, Magicscreen Reference ALR 120"
Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins 802 D3 front, JBL 580, JBL 520c, JBL 550p
Amplifiers: Lyngdorf stereo TDAI 2170, Lyngdorf SDA 2400, Denon 4300H Home Theatre
Equipment: PC/PS4/Xbox One/Switch/Synology 2415+
christoffeldg is offline  
post #7974 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
christoffeldg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,375
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1310 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
It's a pretty dumb limitation in that case (one might even be so bold as to say "bug"). Certainly the manual gives no clue that it >wouldn't< be supported. Loads of devices can be set to output 1080p HDR.
Indeed, it is rather stupid. Projectors don't need to be so rigid that they only support one specific combination. A HDMI specification defines a RANGE of possibilities.

Nevertheless, I connected my PS4 Pro instead of my regular PS4 to test and indeed, problem fixed.

Video: Sony VPL-VW760ES, Elite screen Aeon 135" Cinewhite + JVC X7900, Magicscreen Reference ALR 120"
Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins 802 D3 front, JBL 580, JBL 520c, JBL 550p
Amplifiers: Lyngdorf stereo TDAI 2170, Lyngdorf SDA 2400, Denon 4300H Home Theatre
Equipment: PC/PS4/Xbox One/Switch/Synology 2415+
christoffeldg is offline  
post #7975 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Senior Member
 
jwhart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Baton Rouge, LA USA
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoffeldg View Post
I just boosted my own HW40ES with a JVC X7900 and you're really going to like that step up. Big difference.
Thanks!
jwhart is offline  
post #7976 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 11:53 AM
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 3,147
Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2536 Post(s)
Liked: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoffeldg View Post
Indeed, it is rather stupid. Projectors don't need to be so rigid that they only support one specific combination. A HDMI specification defines a RANGE of possibilities.

Nevertheless, I connected my PS4 Pro instead of my regular PS4 to test and indeed, problem fixed.
Checking a bit more, it must just be a bug really - it certainly isn't listed as an input format limitation. JVC do list format combinations which are unsupported in the manual, and this isn't one of them.
bobof is online now  
post #7977 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
rmilyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Plex works well but requires a server running on a computer or NAS device.
Nice. I have a pretty large Plex server running on my unRAID server.
rmilyard is offline  
post #7978 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Toknowshita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy2416 View Post
Weird that Apples own Movie app does not yet support it

Will it bit-stream through the Plex App?
I don't know. It did work for the AppleTV Vudu app. Not as familiar with Plex.

Toknowshita is offline  
post #7979 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Toknowshita's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,433
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhart View Post
I’m currently using the Chief RPA020 with my Sony VPL-HW40ES projector. I‘m planning to replace the Sony with the JVC DLA-X990R and would like to know what’s needed to accommodate the installation.


Thanks
If you already have the RPA mount then you can just order the Chief SLB281. That's the mounting plate designed for the projector that will interface with the RPA.
Bytehoven likes this.

Toknowshita is offline  
post #7980 of 12209 Old 08-15-2018, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Bytehoven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6,400
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Liked: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Already being familiar with the jvc software, you could very easily upload Jav's lower res curves that dont require the arve tool or anything other than the JVC software. You could literally download his two curves, upload them into two custom gamma slots using the jvc PC software, and be done in less than 10 minutes.
thanks for that info. That is a recent development that I've seen posted, so I haven't had a chance to dive into that new option.

JVC X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen (Flexi-White) - ub820 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - Xbone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + AVR-3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - Dayton - BIC Sub
Bytehoven is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , xbox one x

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off