Official JVC - 20LTD - RS640 (x990/x9900) - RS540 (X790/x7900) - Owners Thread - Page 291 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31673Likes

post #8701 of 12734 Old 09-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAvery View Post
I think that you will find those patterns much easier to work with. Just don't use Edge browser to try to download them. The service he uses to sell and distribute the files does not provide end user support and failed downloads with Edge browser count against your download count. Firefox worked for me after burning 3 attempts.

In the end it turned out that I could adjust the bbo a little to match my setup but the difference from the default values was so negligible, I don't think it mattered. The false setting I got to by using the Sony patterns had really crushed the lowest blacks, though, so good to have that behind me.

I think I'm just going to leave HDR alone now that I've loaded the v3 curves. I'm not set up to calibrate HDR, and SDR is my priority anyway due the the content I watch. 99% of it will never see HDR grading.

Equipment and collection:
Spoiler!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8702 of 12734 Old 09-21-2018, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 497 Post(s)
Quoted: 6933 Post(s)
Liked: 6640
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
I think I'm just going to leave HDR alone now that I've loaded the v3 curves. I'm not set up to calibrate HDR, and SDR is my priority anyway due the the content I watch. 99% of it will never see HDR grading.
One thing you could do if you have the v3 cirves loaded is find a black video, with nothing but black in it. Masciola will have one somewhere int he contrast measurement section.

What you could then do, it play that, and raise brightness on the projector itself while looking back into the lens until you see the light output change (raised blacks) then back down again. Then hit HIDE on the remote, and you should see NO change inside the lens (stare right inside the lens from 1ft away).

If you do that, you should have set the projectors black floor pretty well anyway, and that is likely to already be bar 64 black anyway.

DO NOT look into the lens with anything other than a black screen playing. Even the Menu popping up will hurt.

Or, if you are getting masciola anyway, jsut use the proper black clipping chart.
Bytehoven and willieconway like this.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #8703 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 02:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
It is pretty much constant honestly, clamping down different varying degrees depending on what the scene is. A really good example of a series of shots that will get the iris pumping big time is in interstellar when the dad and the grandfather are talking on the porch at the farm house. Switching between far view and close up under the porch lights, you can really see the iris going to town .
I rewatched the same scenes that I saw the issue in previously. The picture didn't go dim and then bright again. It seems to be more random than that. Could it be something different than the iris?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8704 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well it looks like I've been hit by the dreaded lens aperture grinding issue (JVC RS540). Last night I was using the projector and heard a terrible mechanical sound (much different than the normal sounds) when switching from a HDR to SDR source. After adjusting the manual lens aperture setting the projector became stuck in a loop of terrible mechanical grinding. Unfortunately I can easily reproduce this by just making a few minor adjustments on the manual slider.

For those who have experienced the same issue what course of action did you take? Did you send to JVC for repair or do the replacement option? My projector was just calibrated by Chad B. a few months ago so unfortunately the replacement option isn't preferable. If sent to JVC what was the turn around time? Were any calibration settings lost? I've only had this projector for four months and this is a real downer as I've just gotten my room completed.

Link to a video I took of the issue:
post #8705 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
That would be your iris working and it's perfectly normal. i am extremely sensitive to this too and for this reason choose to just turn the dynamic iris off.
I just started noticing this bigtime on my RS-520 since I went from the Panny 900 to the Panny 820 4K Blu-ray player. At least with Jurassic World 2 on the opening scenes in the dark underwater I see what I believe people call "pumping" goes really dark and then lights up when the ship is in the opening scene. Is it with certain films that do this and I am just sensitive to this one film?
post #8706 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 09:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BdoUK View Post
Well it looks like I've been hit by the dreaded lens aperture grinding issue (JVC RS540). Last night I was using the projector and heard a terrible mechanical sound (much different than the normal sounds) when switching from a HDR to SDR source. After adjusting the manual lens aperture setting the projector became stuck in a loop of terrible mechanical grinding. Unfortunately I can easily reproduce this by just making a few minor adjustments on the manual slider.

For those who have experienced the same issue what course of action did you take? Did you send to JVC for repair or do the replacement option? My projector was just calibrated by Chad B. a few months ago so unfortunately the replacement option isn't preferable. If sent to JVC what was the turn around time? Were any calibration settings lost? I've only had this projector for four months and this is a real downer as I've just gotten my room completed.
I had exactly the same issue and had my defective RS540 replaced. The replacement unit was shipped one day after I reported the issue. My projector was only 1 week old when this happened and didn't go through any calibration.
post #8707 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 09:33 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 2718 Post(s)
Liked: 1868
Quote:

Link to a video I took of the issue: https://youtu.be/HN9wnIvq-B8
What's the serial number? I was tracking these failures a bit further up. Mine also did it, got it replaced though replacement has some brighter corners (par for the course and quite acceptable "apparently"... hrmph.

You will lose your calibration if you replace. You may lose it if you don't also as service centre might wipe it. If you get a repair you at least shouldn't get a worse picture than you had pre-failure.

There is something dodgy about either a batch of these or the particular logic driving this in the X7900 as there have been quite the rash of broken units.
post #8708 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 10:47 AM
aka jfinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
There should be a very noticeable improvement in sharpness and even ANSI contrast between the X990 and the X790. Going from my X750 series to an X990 series, I found the improvement in sharpness and ANSI contrast in my X990 to be huge! The convergence on my X990 unit was far better too. If I had to choose between the X990/RS640 and the X790/RS540, I would choose the X990 hands down every time.

EDIT: Good question on the brightness. I never measured the brightness but JVC is pretty accurate with its numbers, so I believe the difference is real. It might have to do with the way the iris is set, but I'm not sure.
Do you have any links to real numbers on the ANSI contrast difference between these units? I've not seen it quoted / measured before.
post #8709 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 11:08 AM
aka jfinnie

@jackshi / @BdoUK - here is the list I was maintaining. I can add both your units if you want to give me the details.

Anyone else - does anyone know at what point the auto-switching to HDR mode came in - was this a new addition for X790 etc, or did last year's range also have this?
I wonder if the addition of the feature to automatically switch iris settings is somehow stressing the iris mech. It seems very odd that an iris mech that has been around for so long all of a sudden starts failing so much, I've not really seen mention of this issue on last year's models.

@bobof UK, X7900, Fail 22/Jul/2018 @ 95hrs, Manuf 04/2018, SN 09340455, REPLACED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56524896

@TKNice US, ?, Fail ?? @ a few hundred hrs, Manuf ?, SN ?, REPLACED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56499926

@br0d0 Australia, X7900, Fail 14/Jul/2018 @ 52hrs, Manuf 01/2018, SN 06340278, REPAIRED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56488090

@coxy2416 Canada, X7900, Fail 20/May/2018 @ 20hrs, Manuf 04/2018, SN 09340399, REPLACED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56525152

@JJ7 USA, RS540, Fail 29/Dec/2017 @ 20hrs, Manuf Nov 2017, SN 162402xx, REPLACED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post55396160

@ScottAvery US, RS540, Fail 25/Jul/2018 @ 134hrs, Manuf ?, SN ?, with user still, perhaps no longer faulty?
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56540012[/QUOTE]
post #8710 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1500 Post(s)
Liked: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
@jackshi / @BdoUK - here is the list I was maintaining. I can add both your units if you want to give me the details.

Anyone else - does anyone know at what point the auto-switching to HDR mode came in - was this a new addition for X790 etc, or did last year's range also have this?
I wonder if the addition of the feature to automatically switch iris settings is somehow stressing the iris mech. It seems very odd that an iris mech that has been around for so long all of a sudden starts failing so much, I've not really seen mention of this issue
Interesting. When switching sources or even when the projector loses sync and resyncs, does does the iris move to 0 value (fully open) and then move back to the adjusted value?

Or does the iris remain at its current value until is sees a command to move to another value?

If the iris does constantly readjust during switching or resyncing, would that be any worse than the iris movement during normal DI operation?

Is there anything in common with the failures, such DI in auto 1 or 2, or auto with manual set to 0?

It does seem like too many failures.

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #8711 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 01:42 PM

I'm running both SDR and HDR on Auto 1, but SDR has a manual setting of -9 while HDR is at 0. Anytime there is a switch between the signals I can hear the movement. I do a lot of mixed HDR / SDR viewing so this mechanism is being engaged often.
post #8712 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 1500 Post(s)
Liked: 1172
Quote:
I'm running both SDR and HDR on Auto 1, but SDR has a manual setting of -9 while HDR is at 0. Anytime there is a switch between the signals I can hear the movement. I do a lot of mixed HDR / SDR viewing so this mechanism is being engaged often.
I run similar sdr and hdr settings

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #8713 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 02:15 PM
aka jfinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
Interesting. When switching sources or even when the projector loses sync and resyncs, does does the iris move to 0 value (fully open) and then move back to the adjusted value?

Or does the iris remain at its current value until is sees a command to move to another value?

If the iris does constantly readjust during switching or resyncing, would that be any worse than the iris movement during normal DI operation?

Is there anything in common with the failures, such DI in auto 1 or 2, or auto with manual set to 0?

It does seem like too many failures.
I am pretty sure I heard the precise moment mine died; for me I was switching into HDR mode (iris 0) by playing a bit of HDR content. I stopped playback before the iris had fully travelled to the end position, and it started travelling back to SDR iris position (-11); at which point the PJ sounded like it immediately rammed the iris into reverse gear without pause, and at that point it seemed to destroy itself and get extremely upset.

I surf through netflix quite a bit, which might mean I do it a few times, and would often not think twice about starting something up (HDR) and stopping it before it has started playing.

It actually seemed to me to be flawed fairly obviously and if I was a bit braver I'd spend a moment playing with my new unit. I'm sure that it doesn't allow the iris to get to the end position when you cancel iris change by going back to SDR, and immediately turns back. I'm fairly sure it doesn't even seem to slow down the iris and pause for a bit before changing direction (which is pretty obvious if you care about your gears).

I doubt auto has anything to do with it, as auto only meddles with the front iris. These are always the lamp irises that die, which is why the x5900 isn't affected.
ScottAvery and coxy2416 like this.
post #8714 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 03:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 5006 Post(s)
Liked: 1926
Quote:
I doubt auto has anything to do with it, as auto only meddles with the front iris. These are always the lamp irises that die, which is why the x5900 isn't affected.
This issue seems to affect only the current generation and not the RS500 and RS520. Anecdotally, HDR auto iris was one of the few changes introduced with the current generation.
post #8715 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
I am pretty sure I heard the precise moment mine died; for me I was switching into HDR mode (iris 0) by playing a bit of HDR content. I stopped playback before the iris had fully travelled to the end position, and it started travelling back to SDR iris position (-11); at which point the PJ sounded like it immediately rammed the iris into reverse gear without pause, and at that point it seemed to destroy itself and get extremely upset.

I surf through netflix quite a bit, which might mean I do it a few times, and would often not think twice about starting something up (HDR) and stopping it before it has started playing.

It actually seemed to me to be flawed fairly obviously and if I was a bit braver I'd spend a moment playing with my new unit. I'm sure that it doesn't allow the iris to get to the end position when you cancel iris change by going back to SDR, and immediately turns back. I'm fairly sure it doesn't even seem to slow down the iris and pause for a bit before changing direction (which is pretty obvious if you care about your gears).

I only began adjusting these settings at ~50 hours use, moments before watching Batman Begins UHD bluray in HDR mode. I changed the settings to -13 iris, auto 2, clear black low, contrast 6, brightness -10, colour -20.

The projector first failed during the scene where Bruce and Alfred were talking while sifting through the rubble of Wayne manor near the end (52 hours on the lamp). I wasn't making any changes at the time so it must have been the auto iris surely.

When it failed it made the awful gear-straining sound and then shutdown with the lights flashing.
post #8716 of 12734 Old 09-22-2018, 10:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6777 Post(s)
Liked: 6784
Quote:
Ask and see if they will just fix the unit it since it is calibrated. You should have your setting from Chad B, make sure you do before you ship it off just to make sure.
post #8717 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Ask and see if they will just fix the unit it since it is calibrated. You should have your setting from Chad B, make sure you do before you ship it off just to make sure.
Getting slightly off the topic, but it’s something I’ve been wondering for a while:
It the projector was professionally calibrated and need to be repaired, how does one restore the settings afterwards, given that the ISF settings are not accessible to the end user?
post #8718 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 3472
Quote:
Originally Posted by tannin View Post
I rewatched the same scenes that I saw the issue in previously. The picture didn't go dim and then bright again. It seems to be more random than that. Could it be something different than the iris?
I've also had some pumping in some TV show scenes and replaying them doesn't seem to exhibit the same behavior consistently each time. I also suspect its probably the same. I found turning 'clear black' off seemed to help a lot. But again, it could be that it just isnt super consistent.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #8719 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My lap iris is also noisy, but it works fine. You can hear the lamp iris if you go to manual and move the slider. Every other movement is the lamp iris. The lens iris is what runs during auto mode on dynamic iris, if I understand things correctly. So during normal movie playback nothing should be noisy since the lamp iris sits idle. But when you switch between HDR and SDR you will hear a lot of noise as the projector resyncs and moves the lamp iris from -9 to 0.

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #8720 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2636 Post(s)
Liked: 1432
Quote:
Do you have any links to real numbers on the ANSI contrast difference between these units? I've not seen it quoted / measured before.
I don't. I too have never seen the two measured individually before. You might have to go demo the two to see for yourself if this was across the board. I think it's just the hand selected chips in the more expensive machine.

In fact, I didn't measure the 7 series I had. And I don't have it in front of me, but if I recall my X990 ANSI measurement came back in the 300 range. With mine, the X990 didn't have some of the silhouetting (like on faces against a very bright background) that the last unit had.

And the X990 clearly had a superior quality lens.
post #8721 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If this is true, this is reassuring because my fear was that since the dynamic iris is always moving during playback when in auto that its only a matter of time. If it's just the lamp iris, then for someone like me that leaves it always all the way open, it's a no care.

post #8722 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6777 Post(s)
Liked: 6784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Getting slightly off the topic, but it’s something I’ve been wondering for a while:
It the projector was professionally calibrated and need to be repaired, how does one restore the settings afterwards, given that the ISF settings are not accessible to the end user?
Depending what was done, new boards and stuff like that, calibration must be redone, odds are old calibration setting will be not accurate. A lens problem, I would say you should just have to reenter the setting from your calibrator. It is usually just entering number in your settings again. If for some reason your settings are lost, same thing, just re enter the settings from your calibrator.
post #8723 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Depending what was done, new boards and stuff like that, calibration must be redone, odds are old calibration setting will be not accurate. A lens problem, I would say you should just have to reenter the setting from your calibrator. It is usually just entering number in your settings again. If for some reason your settings are lost, same thing, just re enter the settings from your calibrator.
I get that, but my point is that the user can’t get into the IFS Mode to re-enter the settings.
post #8724 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 12:40 PM

When I had my issues on Friday my RS540 wasn't shutting down like others who had reported the iris issues. However after some additional testing today it did start to shut down as the iris was changing from 0 (HDR) back to the -9 SDR setting. Along with the shutdown came the flashing lights shown the below video.

I'm currently working with Mike G. and JVC to determine the next best course of action. Both have been very helpful this weekend as I've worked through the issue. While it isn't fun to deal with this on a four month old projector it's good to know that both the dealer and manufacturer have been engaged and very supportive. I'm still debating on if I should send my calibrated unit for repair or simply exchange for a different unit.

post #8725 of 12734 Old 09-23-2018, 08:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 209
I went on vacation after my lamp iris locked up. A week later I turned it on to take another video before shipping it off and I absent mindedly switched from HDR to SDR and after a brief panic I realized the iris had moved into position without incident. One time since then it has locked up again, and changing to SDR then to HDR again was enough to shake it loose. I have gotten a few hesitations on movement but it has not locked again other than that one incident. It is under warranty, and it works at the moment, so I am going to keep using it until it blows up again.

I now am much more careful about changing between modes that move the iris.
coxy2416 likes this.
post #8726 of 12734 Old 09-24-2018, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 22
After been long considering upgrading Sony HW65 to 285 or a new 295, and reading hundreds of forum pages, I would prefer to actually upgrade it to x7900 (RS540) mainly for its blacks. I upgraded my LED TV to OLED a few years back, I can't stand "grey black" no more.

So the JVC will be a perfect successor in this case. The question remain is its Noisy (I can't demo it, no nearby store has it), Its Spec page shows 21bB in Low Mode, comparing 22dB for Sony, is it really as quiet as Sony in Low mode? Also my other important point would be lack of flickering after certain hours from which most of the Sonys suffer.

Price is dearer for JVC compare to Sony 285, I was going to, but I will be gladly paying it if blacks are that better and no freaking flickering will ever occur.
markmon1 likes this.

4K JVC DLA-X7900BE (RS540); 7.1 Audio: Atmos, DTS-HD, True-HD, Screen: Black Widow Dulux DS1 (on the wall); TV: 4K LG 55'

Last edited by denisoftus; 09-24-2018 at 11:14 AM.
post #8727 of 12734 Old 09-24-2018, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisoftus View Post
After been long considering upgrading Sony HW65 to 285 or a new 295, and reading hundreds of forum pages, I would prefer to actually upgrade it to x7900 (RS540) mainly for its blacks. I upgraded my LED TV to OLED a few years back, I can't stand "grey black" no more.

So the JVC will be a perfect successor in this case. The question remain is its Noisy (I can't demo it, no nearby store has it), Its Spec page shows 21bB in Low Mode, comparing 22dB for Sony, is it really as quiet as Sony in Low mode? Also my other important point would be lack of flickering after certain hours from which most of the Sonys suffer.

Price is dearer for JVC compare to Sony 285, I was going to, but I will be gladly paying it if blacks are that better and no freaking flickering will ever occur.
In low lamp mode it is extremely quiet. I went from a HW45 to the 540 and in low lamp it is just as quiet if not more-so.
denisoftus likes this.
post #8728 of 12734 Old 09-24-2018, 01:50 PM
aka jfinnie

Updating this list to add the two other iris failures I'm now aware of:

@bobof UK, X7900, Fail 22/Jul/2018 @ 95hrs, Manuf 04/2018, SN 09340455, REPLACED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56524896

@TKNice US, ?, Fail ?? @ a few hundred hrs, Manuf ?, SN ?, REPLACED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56499926

@br0d0 Australia, X7900, Fail 14/Jul/2018 @ 52hrs, Manuf 01/2018, SN 06340278, REPAIRED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56488090

@coxy2416 Canada, X790, Fail 20/May/2018 @ 20hrs, Manuf 04/2018, SN 09340399, REPLACED

@JJ7 USA, RS540, Fail 29/Dec/2017 @ 20hrs, Manuf Nov 2017, SN 162402xx, REPLACED
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post55396160

@ScottAvery US, RS540, Fail 25/Jul/2018 @ 134hrs, Manuf ?, SN ?, failure hasn't stuck hard like most
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56540012

@BdoUK , USA, RS540, Fail 21/Sept/2018 @ 350hrs, Manuf 01/2018, SN 06340302, Still with user, https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56847266

@jackshi , ?, RS540, Fail @ 1week old, Manuf?, SN?, REPLACED, https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56847666

@Mike Garrett - I guess you have the ear of folk at JVC - have you got any track on what is breaking here and how we can be confident that they're not going to break again once replaced? Seems to be a fair few of this particular failure accumulating.

Last edited by bobof; 09-25-2018 at 12:11 AM.
post #8729 of 12734 Old 09-24-2018, 02:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Updating this list to add the two other iris failures I'm now aware of:

@coxy2416 Canada, X7900, Fail 20/May/2018 @ 20hrs, Manuf 04/2018, SN 09340399, REPLACED
If you intend to list the actual model numbers, coxy’s unit is a DLA-X790 rathan than X7900.
coxy2416 likes this.
post #8730 of 12734 Old 09-24-2018, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm finally up and running in my theater room. The JVC X790 is connected via HDMI-1 by a 10 meter RUIPRO 18.2 Gbps Optical HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT 1 of an Anthem MRX-1120. I'm having a handshake issue where the JVC goes to black screen any time I change inputs on the Anthem and stays black. I have to switch the JVC to the empty HDMI-2 input, then back to HDMI-1 to get it to display the signal from the Anthem. It's not a huge deal, but it is kind of annoying. Has anyone experienced something like this in your setup? If so, have you found a better way to address the issue? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , xbox one x

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page