Official Optoma UHZ65 Owners Thread - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 828Likes

post #1621 of 1627 Old 12-02-2019, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone have any comments on using the vertical image shift (digital) and the digital zoom to picture quality? I setup the UHZ65 so that I can use it as a constant height image for two aspect ratio's. I first set the vertical shift to 100 (all the way up) and zoom at 0 and adjusted the image with the physical zoom so it was the widest picture I wanted. I then moved the digital zoom so that it matches the proper height for the second aspect ratio. (-2 in my case) I programmed the change in zoom with the following commands. (raspberry pi and home assistant)

Zoom to 0

echo -n -e "\x7e\x30\x30\x36\x32\x20\x30\x0d" | nc -q 1 192.168.2.154 23

Zoom to -2

echo -n -e "\x7e\x30\x30\x36\x32\x20\x2d\x32\x0d" | nc -q 1 192.168.2.154 23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1627 Old 12-07-2019, 08:53 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I've sent my UHZ in for the firmware update. I should be getting it back on the 19th and then will have time to spend with it during the Christmas holidays. Will report back my findings. If anyone else has done the same, their experience and impressions would be greatly appreciated.
jherring69 and xpostal like this.
post #1623 of 1627 Old 12-08-2019, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jherring69 View Post
I am currently on firmware C08.

I am considering going to a 2-1 screen and using the Superwide aspect ratio option. I had it on an older Optoma and it worked pretty good.

Only issue is that it doesn't work on the UHZ65. Instead the picture gets zoomed in about 10x. I have contacted Optoma to see what they say. Still waiting for a reply.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm if it works on their unit and also what firmware version they have.

Thanks in advance
Finally I found a person in the same condition as me.
I owned an Optoma HD82 and the Super wide function worked very well on a screen that I had done on purpose in 2: 1 format.
Now the Optoma UHD65 has arrived but the Super Wide function zooms the image, even when adjusting with the Digital zoom I cannot cover the entire surface.
I have the latest firmware version "C15" so I assume after your experience that it is a function wanted by Optoma.
I'm looking for other solutions but it all makes me sad.
How did you manage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1624 of 1627 Old 12-08-2019, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidios View Post
Finally I found a person in the same condition as me.
I owned an Optoma HD82 and the Super wide function worked very well on a screen that I had done on purpose in 2: 1 format.
Now the Optoma UHD65 has arrived but the Super Wide function zooms the image, even when adjusting with the Digital zoom I cannot cover the entire surface.
I have the latest firmware version "C15" so I assume after your experience that it is a function wanted by Optoma.
I'm looking for other solutions but it all makes me sad.
How did you manage?
The Super Wide function does not work. I have had Firmware versions C08 and C11.
There are a couple of outstanding bugs in Optomas Firmware but I don't think they will ever be addressed on the current UHZ/UHD projectors.

I just went with a 16x9 screen and use masking for the 2.35 - 1 aspect ratio movies. Works great and not much work.

Jason

Display: Optoma UHZ65 - Screen: DIY 114" AT Spandex (White over Black)
Receiver: Marantz SR7011 - Speakers: 7.4.4 All Paradigm with 4 DIY 15" Subs
Sources: Odroid N2 - CoreElec, Roku Premiere+, Fire Cube 2019, PS4 Pro
post #1625 of 1627 Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM

A pity, I will have to study a masking near the optics. The screen I own is a high-contrast Globar commander and it cost me twice as much as the video projector. So even if 2: 1 format I don't change it.
I have 2 solutions, one making me a HTPC and creating a 2: 1 resolution and the other is masking on the optics.
Is there a service menu to be accessed with a remote control key combination on the UHZ65?
Maybe there is something interesting, the HD82 could be done.

Thanks from Fabio
post #1626 of 1627 Old Yesterday, 03:59 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidios View Post
Is there a service menu to be accessed with a remote control key combination on the UHZ65?

Thanks from Fabio
Try here (OPTOMA UHZ65, not UHD65):

https://factory-reset.com/wiki/UHZ65
jherring69 likes this.
post #1627 of 1627 Old Yesterday, 05:46 AM

Many thanks, anyway I have written to the assistance so that there are more reports.
Tomorrow I also try to call him.
A curiosity, mapping the image in Native mode (4K) I thought I would cover all the matrix without the gray edges (in DLP 0.47 "wobbled style), you UHZ65 do you have this behavior?
Fabio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page