Acer VL7860 is World's Smallest 4K UHD, 3000-Lumen, Laser-Illuminated Projector - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes

post #1 of 34 Old 02-12-2018, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1881 Post(s)
Liked: 4905
Acer VL7860 is World's Smallest 4K UHD, 3000-Lumen, Laser-Illuminated Projector

The DLP-based Acer VL7860 is said to be the world's smallest 4K UHD, 3000-lumen, laser-illuminated projector, and it's now available in the US.

https://www.avsforum.com/acer-vl7860-...ted-projector/
jpbonadio likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 02-12-2018, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Laser projector for $4000, hard to complain about that. Hopefully there's a review coming.
BattleAxeVR likes this.
post #3 of 34 Old 02-12-2018, 02:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 767
Is it really 4K or it just accepts a 4K signal? ... I didn't see resolution mentioned but I have to re-read the article.

Also,... why the interest in being small?... My Projector hangs on the ceiling forever I don't have any need for it to be smaller.

But yeah... 10 Watt Audio sounds awesome .

Edit-found the resolution spec. This pj looks pretty cool. If it was $500-ish I'd buy it. Maybe this is what the $500 range projectors will be in a few years.

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 02-12-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 02-12-2018, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton View Post
If it was $500-ish I'd buy it. Maybe this is what the $500 range projectors will be in a few years.
Lol not a chance. Maybe for a non-laser.

Looks great, good price for a 4K laser, but the no horizontal lens shift makes it a no buy for me.
post #5 of 34 Old 02-12-2018, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 11991 Post(s)
Liked: 9504
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Is it really 4K or it just accepts a 4K signal? ... I didn't see resolution mentioned but I have to re-read the article.

Also,... why the interest in being small?... My Projector hangs on the ceiling forever I don't have any need for it to be smaller.

Edit-found the resolution spec. This pj looks pretty cool. If it was $500-ish I'd buy it. Maybe this is what the $500 range projectors will be in a few years.
It is an E-shift projector, just like all the other 4K DLP's. If it is an implementation like the others, it will have a nice sharp image.
post #6 of 34 Old 02-12-2018, 03:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Does it do 3D?
Pitbull0669 likes this.
post #7 of 34 Old 02-13-2018, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:

I think the built in sound answers your question. At a certain point, something like this PJ, an AppleTV, and a white wall makes for a great beach house rental vacation kind of thing.
Bandyka likes this.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #8 of 34 Old 02-13-2018, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Really good review here:

http://www.projection-homecinema.fr/...-dlp-4k-laser/

It's got 1900:1 native on/off contrast, but 90ms / 160ms input lag. Dynamic contrast is very good too: 183 859:1

The 3000 lumens are real, as advertised. 87% coverage of P3 gamut, which is much better than most lamp projectors, especially with these lumens.

They compare this projector with the Sony 4K and said basically it was much better thanks to having double the lumens.

There are some defects though, MEMC doesn't work with 24p content, only 60p content, which strikes me as very weird. I hope they'll be able to fix that.

Also the lens shift is reportedly "anecdotal" (anecdotique) which made me laugh.

No 3D.

The mirrors are the same type (tilt and roll) and size as those used in 0.47 inch 4K XPR models, so I can't for the life of me figure out why nobody can or has built one that can reach anywhere near the 1900:1 native contrast this projector has. All they should need to do to reach contrast parity in my opinion is add some internal masking around the active area of the chip and that should reduce light pollution to the same levels. Vanta Black anyone?

The future is definitely "bright" for laser projectors. Within a year the prices should go way down. And such high lumens are perfect for 3D and HDR, so luckily we will see affordable (sub 5K) JVC, Sony, Epson laser models that can take advantage of their inherent 2X -> 20X contrast advantage.
CoryW likes this.
post #9 of 34 Old 02-13-2018, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
I think the built in sound answers your question. At a certain point, something like this PJ, an AppleTV, and a white wall makes for a great beach house rental vacation kind of thing.
I totally agree. I picked up an ATV 4K and I'm loving it. As I get older I want my stuff more carry-around-able. I buy all my movies in iTunes now. I think when apple has a VR setup I'll be able to have my own on the go awesome setup.

Edit= Though using the build in sound is likely not going to get real good results. Maybe a bluetooth soundbar or homepod or headphones or something.

Last edited by Brian Hampton; 02-13-2018 at 10:08 AM.
post #10 of 34 Old 02-13-2018, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Still no short throw options, is that part of the projector market just dead? are they only focusing on Normal Throw Distances and Ultra Short Throw???

Also losing 3D is a bummer but I guess I can just hang on to my current projector for the few moments.

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" 16:9 Screen AVR: Marantz SR6011 ATMOS/DTSX + Unity 2ch Amp + Darbee 5000s Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), FXiA6 (SL/SR), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR), TSx110B (Ceiling FL/FR RL/RR) LFE: (2) JL Audio 12" Subs + (2) Dayton 15" Subs + (2) ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 7.1.4 Source: OPPO UDP-203 4k Bluray Player, Roku 4, HTPC, 2017 nVidia Shield, Hauppauge OTA DVR
post #11 of 34 Old 02-13-2018, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wilkinson View Post
The DLP-based Acer VL7860 is said to be the world's smallest 4K UHD, 3000-lumen, laser-illuminated projector, and it's now available in the US.

https://www.avsforum.com/acer-vl7860-...ted-projector/
Hello Scott,

Does this unit also have the same built in 100 percent vertical offset of the Optoma one? Or, could you rear shelf mount this one? They need to make one of these with a zero offset for rear shelf mounting, with + or - 15 percent vertical lens shift.

Later,

Tony

post #12 of 34 Old 02-14-2018, 02:57 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAxeVR View Post

There are some defects though, MEMC doesn't work with 24p content, only 60p content, which strikes me as very weird. I hope they'll be able to fix that.

Hi,

I own the VL7860 since december now ( I m located in France ) and you are perfectly right , the projector was suffering of 2 majors issues : Black Dynamic was not operational ( the laser beam was switched off on dark scenes ) and the MEMC ( called acumotion ) didn't work with 24hz content.

Acer released a firmware update (C06) that fixes both issues: BD has been fixed and greatly improved , and MEMC now works fine with 1080 and 4K content ;-)
jpbonadio, CoryW and BattleAxeVR like this.
post #13 of 34 Old 02-14-2018, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Encouraging to see laser 4k (i know, pixel shift) projectors now hitting $4k MSRP.

I'm running an HT2050 right now I got mid last year and plan on running with that until the bulb burns out and upgrading to laser 4k down the road when they become more affordable (<$2k range).

Is there any reason to ever run these things on their eco mode? 20,000 hours in standard mode seems like why would ever care to run it in eco mode? I keep my HT2050 in smarteco because there isn't much a difference in that and normal mode I've noticed, but the lamp hour difference is pretty crazy.
post #14 of 34 Old 02-14-2018, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remy Dailleurs View Post
Hi,

I own the VL7860 since december now ( I m located in France ) and you are perfectly right , the projector was suffering of 2 majors issues : Black Dynamic was not operational ( the laser beam was switched off on dark scenes ) and the MEMC ( called acumotion ) didn't work with 24hz content.

Acer released a firmware update (C06) that fixes both issues: BD has been fixed and greatly improved , and MEMC now works fine with 1080 and 4K content ;-)
Thank you for this information. Those were the major negatives about this projector ... well, input lag too, but lag is not a problemn for some. With these fixes the VL7860 comes back to my list of candidates for upgrade.

I was hoping for $3,500, but $4,000 is already better than the Optoma UHZ65 at $4,500 since they seem to have the same level of performance.
post #15 of 34 Old 02-14-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Would you recommend buying this projector?

Is the MEMC good quality and artifact-free? (for example, haloing). Do you know which has better 4K MEMC, Acer or Optoma?

So far this is the only 4K DLP with decent native contrast ratio, plus laser. I'm likely going to buy a new projector by the end of the year. Maybe I'll wait for ISE.

The Optoma UHZ65 got a better review score on projection-homecinema.fr, but it has worse native contrast measurements and only reached 81% of P3 instead of 87% which makes a difference to me. I wonder since they fixed the issues you mention if they would revise the review score.
post #16 of 34 Old 02-14-2018, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:

Can just imagine what new thing will be avail. by the time these puppies come down to $500
post #17 of 34 Old 02-15-2018, 02:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by igetittera View Post
Can just imagine what new thing will be avail. by the time these puppies come down to $500
Yes. It's a good time to stay alive. I don't know when the trend will change but projectors get much better lately AND cheaper. It's a killer combo.
post #18 of 34 Old 02-15-2018, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Would you recommend buying this projector?
Short answer is : it depends ;-), now in details :

If you look for a projector that can display 4K content, with enough light power to truly enjoy the benefits of HDR , your choice is limited to the VL7860 or the UHZ65.

They both come out from the same manufacturer ( coretronic ) and share the same hardware basis , and they both offer a decent electronic post processing treatments.

Reason why I have choosed the Acer over the optoma are :

-The color of the Acer matches with my living room
-The lens is off axis like my previous projector ( Optoma HD50 )
-I don’t need the extra settings of the UHZ65 ( 3 levels of BD , fine tuning of the laser power etc )
-The build quality seems better on the Acer compared to the first UHZ65 units that were released .

They both comes with bugs

-Acer fixed them
-Optoma is still struggling with HDR handshake issues according the the latest post I have seen on french forums ( but this may be fixed with the C11 firmware version, no one knows yet ... )
-right now the 7860 seems more stable compared the UHZ65 in the way that none of the bugs fixed with the C11 version of Optoma were present on the 7860... (obviously this may change in the next future ) but keep in mind that for both models firmware upgrades cannot be done by the user !

I don't own the UHZ65 so I cannot really make comparison ... but a friend of mine has the Sony 760 . I have able to watch to watch Alien Covenant 4K HDR , and Mad Max furry road ( 1080P ) on both units.

With no surprises the Sony did a better job in terms of contrast ( more precise , and natural ) even thought the 7860 greatly improve the situation with the latest fix ( C06) let's face it the Sony was the overall winner.
In terms of colors Acer offers vivid colors , while Sony offers more natural colors , it's a matter of taste ... When I watch Alien or Mad Max I expect a visual punch if the face and the VL7860 is very good at it ! purist will expect something more balanced ( maybe a bit softer ) they ll go with the Sony , to me there is no winner , again it s a matter of taste.
HDR : The 760 quite frankly does not have enough light to fully enjoy the benefit of HDR movies , and again on French forums I have read tons of complaint about that . In a dedicated room this is arguable but my friend installed its projector in his living room like me.
Post processing treatment : honestly we both haven't seen any major differences , sometimes the 760 looks better , sometimes the 7860 takes the advantage.

Keep in mind the 7860 (or UHZ65 ) is not the perfect projector , but it does not suffer from major weakness like other models may do, if you have a 4K$ budget and want a sharp and dazzling picture ,I would definitely go for it ! , if you are more into something very well balanced and less demonstrative , you may wanna wait ;-)

Quote:
Is the MEMC good quality and artifact-free? (for example, haloing). Do you know which has better 4K MEMC, Acer or Optoma?
I cannot speak for the UHZ65 , but I have watched around 20 or 30 movies ( BR/ BR4K) and a a lot of series on Netflix and may have noticed some minor artefact 3 or 4 times in 102 hours of projection ;-)

Quote:
The Optoma UHZ65 got a better review score on projection-homecinema.fr, but it has worse native contrast measurements and only reached 81% of P3 instead of 87% which makes a difference to me. I wonder since they fixed the issues you mention if they would revise the review score.
They did revise the review score actually :-) they both get an overall score of 96% , and both got rewarded.
The author of the the review tested a pre-sale version of the 7860 that was not concerned by the black dynamics and the accumotion bug , when the problem was raised by users he voluntarily downgrade the score , now that the problem is fixed he restored the original scored
Note : the 7860 reaches 86.9% of P3 ;-)

Let me know if I can help
jpbonadio and BattleAxeVR like this.
post #19 of 34 Old 02-15-2018, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Short answer is : it depends ;-), now in details :

If you look for a projector that can display 4K content, with enough light power to truly enjoy the benefits of HDR , your choice is limited to the VL7860 or the UHZ65.

They both come out from the same manufacturer ( coretronic ) and share the same hardware basis , and they both offer a decent electronic post processing treatments.

Reason why I have choosed the Acer over the optoma are :

-The color of the Acer matches with my living room
-The lens is off axis like my previous projector ( Optoma HD50 )
-I don’t need the extra settings of the UHZ65 ( 3 levels of BD , fine tuning of the laser power etc )
-The build quality seems better on the Acer compared to the first UHZ65 units that were released .

They both comes with bugs

-Acer fixed them
-Optoma is still struggling with HDR handshake issues according the the latest post I have seen on french forums ( but this may be fixed with the C11 firmware version, no one knows yet ... )
-right now the 7860 seems more stable compared the UHZ65 in the way that none of the bugs fixed with the C11 version of Optoma were present on the 7860... (obviously this may change in the next future ) but keep in mind that for both models firmware upgrades cannot be done by the user !

I don't own the UHZ65 so I cannot really make comparison ... but a friend of mine has the Sony 760 . I have able to watch to watch Alien Covenant 4K HDR , and Mad Max furry road ( 1080P ) on both units.

With no surprises the Sony did a better job in terms of contrast ( more precise , and natural ) even thought the 7860 greatly improve the situation with the latest fix ( C06) let's face it the Sony was the overall winner.
In terms of colors Acer offers vivid colors , while Sony offers more natural colors , it's a matter of taste ... When I watch Alien or Mad Max I expect a visual punch if the face and the VL7860 is very good at it ! purist will expect something more balanced ( maybe a bit softer ) they ll go with the Sony , to me there is no winner , again it s a matter of taste.
HDR : The 760 quite frankly does not have enough light to fully enjoy the benefit of HDR movies , and again on French forums I have read tons of complaint about that . In a dedicated room this is arguable but my friend installed its projector in his living room like me.
Post processing treatment : honestly we both haven't seen any major differences , sometimes the 760 looks better , sometimes the 7860 takes the advantage.

Keep in mind the 7860 (or UHZ65 ) is not the perfect projector , but it does not suffer from major weakness like other models may do, if you have a 4K$ budget and want a sharp and dazzling picture ,I would definitely go for it ! , if you are more into something very well balanced and less demonstrative , you may wanna wait ;-)

I cannot speak for the UHZ65 , but I have watched around 20 or 30 movies ( BR/ BR4K) and a a lot of series on Netflix and may have noticed some minor artefact 3 or 4 times in 102 hours of projection ;-)

They did revise the review score actually :-) they both get an overall score of 96% , and both got rewarded.
The author of the the review tested a pre-sale version of the 7860 that was not concerned by the black dynamics and the accumotion bug , when the problem was raised by users he voluntarily downgrade the score , now that the problem is fixed he restored the original scored
Note : the 7860 reaches 86.9% of P3 ;-)

Let me know if I can help
Thanks for the information. It's hard to find any info about this projector online.

Have you tried any of the calibrations posted on the Optoma UHZ65 thread? ... do they also work well on the VL7860?
post #20 of 34 Old 02-15-2018, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbonadio View Post
Thanks for the information. It's hard to find any info about this projector online.

Have you tried any of the calibrations posted on the Optoma UHZ65 thread? ... do they also work well on the VL7860?
Nope ;-) I have tried the calibrations specificaly designed for the 7860 and was pretty happy about it ( except the loss of light ) , but that was before the new firmware ... few members from the forum just received their unit back from Acer , and will perform a brand new calibration over the week end.
jpbonadio likes this.
post #21 of 34 Old 02-17-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
According to the projector manual:

https://global-download.acer.com/GDF...CER&SC=EMEA_27

On Page 42 it shows that you can pass 1080p 120hz input to the projector.

Could you do us a favour and test it for us? Please
post #22 of 34 Old 02-17-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post
Still no short throw options, is that part of the projector market just dead? are they only focusing on Normal Throw Distances and Ultra Short Throw???

Also losing 3D is a bummer but I guess I can just hang on to my current projector for the few moments.
Any projector which can do 1080p at 120hz is technically "3D Ready" if you use it from a PC with IR based 3D transmitter. And since all 3D movies are 1080p Blurays, that means you can watch them in full resolution too.

You'll need frame interpolation to avoid pulldown judder though (24p -> 60p per eye), unless you create a 96hz refresh rate custom resolution to run it at 96hz in 3D (48hz per eye) like JVCs do.

I am pretty sure you can create a 48hz 1080p custom res mode for 3D and then just activate frame sequential 3D in windows desktop display settings, which doubles the refresh rate. That will require LCD shutter glasses that work at 96hz as well as 120hz. There is also the option of getting a passive polarized 3D shutter system too.
post #23 of 34 Old 02-17-2018, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Another low contrast DLP projector. No thank you.
post #24 of 34 Old 02-17-2018, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumensLover View Post
Thanks for your input. I'm sure everyone will find it extremely helpful .
coug7669 and krumme like this.
post #25 of 34 Old 02-19-2018, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 552 Post(s)
Liked: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumensLover View Post
I for one find it helpful, so thanks. For those who do not stay on top of all of this as much as others, it is helpful to know that contrast levels with this/DLP are still quite poor.

James

My Parlor and Theatre: "Jimbo's Dugout" : https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-gen...re-parlor.html

Actual phone call (see pic to left):
 Tech (responding to laughter): "I'm sorry sir, did I miss something?"
Me: "Yeah, a case of Diet Mountain Dew walking across my living room."
post #26 of 34 Old 02-19-2018, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2607 Post(s)
Liked: 1246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Hampton

In summary it provides a 4K UHD experience - similar to native 4k with real world content - without actually being native 4k. Much better than typical e-shift results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
It is an E-shift projector, just like all the other 4K DLP's. If it is an implementation like the others, it will have a nice sharp image.
In this unit 0.66 DMD, the 4k is actually much sharper than what people traditionally think of "e-shift" (JVC/Epson 1080p e-shift)

This German review shows both DLP 4K shift and Native 4k pretty close to one another, and both far outperforming JVC/Epson 1080p e-shift, i.e. timecode 9:35. Native 4k pulls off slightly more detail here but also has more panel alignment artifacts, with green and purple fringing polluting the detail on brickface (brickface actually looks more purple than it should in native 4k due to the artifacting), windows, etc, unlike the DLP sample.

Here is another video of the UHZ65 (very similar to VL7860) versus the native 4k Sony 385ES:

There are some scenes such as the starfield (timecode 16:35), where the DLP 4k actually provides much more detail than the native 4k projector, as DLP's single chip nature allows for more precise rendering of pinpoint stars that are muted on LCOS due to panel alignment. Even on test patterns at 26:45, 28:00, the DLP projector appears to pull off similar results to the native 4k Sony 385ES.

So I'd say, anyone trying to claim that native 4k is leaps and bounds better than dlp 4k shift, or that dlp 4k is not leaps and bounds better than jvc/Epson eshift, is not giving you the most accurate information on how dlp 4k uhd performs on real world content. DLP 4k uhd delivers an excellent 4k UHD experience on the screen despite what detractors focused on the native panel spec say.
jpbonadio likes this.

Last edited by Ruined; 02-19-2018 at 10:41 AM.
post #27 of 34 Old 02-19-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermaybe View Post
I for one find it helpful, so thanks. For those who do not stay on top of all of this as much as others, it is helpful to know that contrast levels with this/DLP are still quite poor.

James
You shouldn't.

The VL7860 is very similar, or almost the same projector as the Optoma UHZ65. In comparisons made with high quality projectors you will see that these projectors have good contrast. They are not as good as JVC, but call them poor in contrast is a misinformation in my humble opinion.

Take a look at this comparison for example:
post #28 of 34 Old 02-19-2018, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2343 Post(s)
Liked: 1236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
So I'd say, anyone trying to claim that native 4k is leaps and bounds better than dlp 4k shift, or that dlp 4k is not leaps and bounds better than jvc/Epson eshift, is not giving you the most accurate information on how dlp 4k uhd performs on real world content. DLP 4k uhd delivers an excellent 4k UHD experience on the screen despite what detractors focused on the native panel spec say.
I don't know what PJ they are using to show eshift in that first video, but regardless be assured, the XPR DLPs begin with a higher native resolution, 2716 x 1528, as opposed to the 1080P native of 1920 x 1080. Also, these DLPs are single chip designs, which means lack of convergence error.

In fairness, though, if we ended the conversation there, then hands down you should choose all XPR DLPs over any 1080P shifters as being "leaps and bounds" better, and this laser has the obvious advantage of long life and the ability to produce slightly wider color than the lamp-based DLP machines. However, the conversation doesn't end there.

Keep in mind that many elements combine to form a sharp image, including a good lens, processor, contrast, and motion. In fact my observation of JVC's new Eshift5 from ten feet away is that it's indistinguishable from Sony's native 4K.

Another possible consideration is how you like your sharpness to appear. For example, for those who don't know, I have the Vivitek HK2299, which is one of the higher quality XPR DLPs, and the JVC X990, the current JVC lamp-based flagship (short of the anniversary edition). The Vivitek's image lines separating objects look so sharp that they appear unnatural at times and give the objects a cartoonish appearance. The JVC's sharpness, on the other hand, shows more detail within and around objects with better depth and line separation looking smooth and natural. Some may prefer the tack-sharp appeal of these DLPs. I know I do for certain content, but I can't say I do for all.
post #29 of 34 Old 02-19-2018, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5270 Post(s)
Liked: 5543
Look at the pixel structure in the german video, that is Epson e-shift, not the JVC.

JVC e-shift > Epson e-shift especially the wide pixel gap Epson 5040 which appears to be what they are using in that demo. Epson e-shift looks soft in comparison to JVC's implementation with a UHD source.
post #30 of 34 Old 02-20-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:

On Page 42 it shows that you can pass 1080p 120hz input to the projector.

Could you do us a favour and test it for us? Please
I will if you know a place where I can download 1080P 120fps samples ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
4k uhd , Acer , laser-phosphor projectors , vl7860

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page