NEW JVC RS3000/NX9 RS2000/N7 RS1000/N5 Native 4K Projectors Anticipation Thread - Page 233 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13018Likes

post #6961 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 01:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6937 Post(s)
Liked: 6661
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHDHT View Post
Ok , afraid in passing I didn’t catch your playful tone mate, my apologies there -I was on the hop mid arvo and trying to keep in the convo whilst getting to and from places.

Well yes I get that and that’s the privilege of having said links to JVC locally. I figure it's something of a 'solid' I can do for my local HT bros to give some (not necessarily inspiring) 'inside' Intel before they 'publish'. Happy not to share it just as easily given there's no upside for me in doing so, if anything it could be the opposite. Mind you I might point out Projectorscreens.com.au published pricing a few days before the RRPs were passed on to me, which is what I believe you are getting at in what you've said. I want to also hope there's an issue with this inside info as well as it to me it's way out of whack in a globalised pricing sense that companies like JVC and Sony generally adhere to.
No probs bud, share away!

I wish it were as simple as it seems. I get incredibly frustrated when I call JVC directly and ask for information, and essentially get 'blank stares' when I quote info that's clearly floating around. So, believe me, the frustration is all on this side...

I agree about the out of whack part too mate, the N5 and NX9 are both well out of line with what they should be, the N7 is actually correct + a few hundred bucks essentially, so honestly not really much complaint there...

I have those actual prices on my website too, that's how much I also believe them to be correct... Added them weeks ago too

But, as I said, the frustration comes when you actually want to start telling customers and potential owners this info, and we simply cannot on an official basis, it makes us look like fools actually! How can this info be in the wild, yet we cant officially state the info is true. JVC Australia should have had this pricing sorted by the close of CEDIA, that's how it should have been.

The real reason the pricing has not been completely finalised yet is while the RRP pricing is pretty much on the money and solid, the dealer buy pricing is absolutely up in the air! Which is the only truly useful number to dealers, because, as you said, you would be a fool to pay RRP in this country, and any other for that matter.

Your finger on the pulse is always appreciated here mate, I will share what I know too, sometimes its gonna' clash, sometimes it wont. Eventually the truth will be revealed though. These units cannot come soon enough, I am getting so sick of waiting for more info, that I am almost pushing the whole thing out of mind completely.

Wake me up when the units get here! Jvc wouldn't even tell me if the pricing will even be sorted by that time!
OzHDHT likes this.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6962 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 01:49 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7141 Post(s)
Liked: 7181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post

However, give JVC a call - not your contact, and ask for an official price... They will NOT give you a price. Until its been officially released, its not 'official & public', without sounding like a broken record.
I guess they want to keep you guessing for a while.....
post #6963 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 269 Post(s)
Quoted: 4214 Post(s)
Liked: 6891
Quote:
I just called JVC Australia and was told Mid November.

That could easily slip a week as you could guess...

Oh well, looks like I can fit in a holiday with the family between now and then.

I rather they get them right than try and rush 1000 units out the door honestly.
Except that's not actually what's happening... is it? If that were the case then it would be a worldwide delay. As it happens I would not have any issue with it being a worldwide delay for this very reason... but it's not, is it? The United States receives delivery within the next circa 2 weeks... precisely on schedule, meaning the launch firmware is finished. It's clearly simply a production numbers thing and the United States being given priority

As to whether they 'get it right' just being realistic, I think we need to bear in mind that this is the first generation of a brand new range of brand newly developed projectors. The likelihood of them all being absolutely perfect without any bugs whatsoever at launch is extremely unlikely. So personally I have more realistic expectations. I also have no problem with this because as proven previously such as with respect to the launch of the JVC Z1/RS4500 JVC has an established tracked record of being very quick to fix and resolve launch issues via firmware updates. They did so with respect to the RS4500/Z1 very quickly indeed

Quote:
Nigel, looks like you guys in the UK and Europe have copped a similar delay to what I reported in my post from last Friday https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post56941792 . I also surmised when Craig reported no delays whatsoever still for the US that indeed as Frolich also mused, that US has probably led to our markets being de-priortised. Bloody US monstering the market with excessive demand once again, bugger ! Sounds like if we manage to get stock by mid November as Javs says JVC told him today then we'd technically still be a tad ahead of you guys. Not holding my breath frankly and I'm still waiting on actual pricing as opposed to MSRP from my contacts.
Yup. My order was one of the first placed in the world (if not the first... anyone else place their order in August? ) and I receive delivery last. Yeah, that's totally OK..

OzHDHT likes this.

Last edited by ARROW-AV; 10-17-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6964 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 59
anyone knows if 3d RF emitter is still separate item or they have included it this time ?

Pity no automatic lens cover in RS2000 and 3000 for the optics...

but it is a small thing compared to 4k native and other advantages

Home theater: JVC X7900, Denon AVR-X4300H, amps:Teac AI-2000, 2x A5500,Oppo UDP-203, Adeo 113" Prestige, ATV4K,NVS TV,Harmony Elite,Alexa; PS4 Pro; Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 Dali Z7,Z5,Z1,Phantom, 2x E-12F; zone2: LG OLED 65 C8, LG UP970.Stereo: Pioneer SX-N30, Jamo C97, Akai BT500; Stereo2: Teac CD2000+AI-2000, Zensor7 Net/PC: HP Omen 880-180nw, 28"UE570 UHD, QNAP 670 Pro i7, UPS CP900LCD, RT-AC87U merlin.

Last edited by MartyMcFlyy; 10-17-2018 at 02:40 AM.
post #6965 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 02:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3028 Post(s)
Liked: 2249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
As to whether they 'get it right' just being realistic, I think we need to bear in mind that this is the first generation of a brand new range of brand newly developed projectors. The likelihood of them all being absolutely perfect without any bugs whatsoever at launch is extremely unlikely. So personally I have more realistic expectations. I also have no problem with this because as proven previously such as with respect to the launch of the JVC Z1/RS4500 JVC has an established tracked record of being very quick to fix and resolve launch issues via firmware updates. They did so with respect to the RS4500/Z1 very quickly indeed

Yup. My order was one of the first placed in the world (if not the first... anyone else place their order in August? ) and I receive delivery last. Yeah, that's totally OK..

Look on the bright side Nigel - the glass is "half full" - our US brethren get to be the beta testers!
post #6966 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 03:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii View Post
Look on the bright side Nigel - the glass is "half full" - our US brethren get to be the beta testers!

Lol, yup was thinking that might be why they picked us. At least there will be usb update

Hope things change though and it goes back to being global so experts like you, Jav's, arrow, et al can provide your excellent feedback to jvc in the 1st round

Dave
post #6967 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 03:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Except that's not actually what's happening... is it? If that were the case then it would be a worldwide delay. As it happens I would not have any issue with it being a worldwide delay for this very reason... but it's not, is it? The United States receives delivery within the next circa 2 weeks... precisely on schedule, meaning the launch firmware is finished. It's clearly simply a production numbers thing and the United States being given priority

The fence sitters in the US must be upset too. Many I'm sure were looking forward to your thorough review including comparisons and inter unit variance. Having that delayed is very disappointing
Dandlj and ARROW-AV like this.

Dave
post #6968 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 5850 Post(s)
Liked: 3925
Quote:
I agree about the out of whack part too mate, the N5 and NX9 are both well out of line with what they should be, the N7 is actually correct + a few hundred bucks essentially, so honestly not really much complaint there...
So what's the value of the AU $$? Because the ratio between the US price and AU price is about 66% (+/- $200) or so consistently across the board there. So it seems that they're all equally priced compared to the US prices. Not sure why you think the N7 is the only one in range unless you think that the $6000 US for N5 is not good.

Quote:

Perhaps they put gold rings on them all and realized that this was only RS line for USA? I ordered an NX9 since that's what my dealer can get. We will see if that's on time or delayed.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, Infinite Baffle Subs 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 2x12 fi audio mounted in main chair firing into back.
post #6969 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Found by a member of a UK forums.

First impression of the N5 from Ekki Scmitt from cine4home

Here are a few visual impressions:
Black level and contrast very good (quite similar to X5 series, both black and in-picture contrast).
Could not make any serious mistakes of the FI, I liked it a lot.Of course, better than X series.
Sharpness very good, but no "magic".
HDR presentation was not final.With Peters "Arve like" optimization but good, as with X series
DCI color filter system has been changed to X-series, so unfortunately the N5 no longer reaches the DCI red, like his little X5 brother. The result is a well-saturated red, but with yellowing.
Green as good as a top X5 (they came quite far with green)
Panel PWM noise in dark grayscale as in the X series, I have specially checked with a freeze frame.
You can look in from the outside into the light engine (see photo)
Overall a worthy competitor to the Sony VW270.
Frohlich, microwiz and SpykeSIK like this.
post #6970 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
Just MSRP(RRP) released to date:

DLA N5 $ 9;399.00

DLA N7 $ 11,999.00

DLA NX9 $ 26,799.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
Man, if those prices do become official, that sucks !
I thought living in Canada was expensive !
Not really... You need to factor in currency exchange rates

If you do this you will note that there is not in fact a huge variance in pricing, only a circa 5 - 10% difference:

DLA N5 AUZ$ 9,399 = US$ 6,630 --> US MSRP = $6,000

DLA N7 AUZ$ 11,999 = US$ 8,519 --> US MSRP = $8,000

DLA NX9 AUZ$ 26,799 = US$ 19,027 --> US MSRP = $18,000

OzHDHT likes this.
post #6971 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 05:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

If you do this you will note that there is not in fact a huge variance in pricing, only a circa 5 - 10% difference:

And I'd wager that 10% is Australian 10% GST?
OzHDHT and Craig Peer like this.
post #6972 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des511 View Post

Black level and contrast very good (quite similar to X5 series, both black and in-picture contrast).
Could not make any serious mistakes of the FI, I liked it a lot.Of course, better than X series.
HDR presentation was not final.With Peters "Arve like" optimization but good, as with X series
DCI color filter system has been changed to X-series, so unfortunately the N5 no longer reaches the DCI red, like his little X5 brother. The result is a well-saturated red, but with yellowing.
Panel PWM noise in dark grayscale as in the X series, I have specially checked with a freeze frame.

post #6973 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2090 Post(s)
Liked: 2345
Quote:

What happened to Ekki? Not bashing the guy but several years ago he seemed like he provided very unbiased measurements for all projectors and was highly regarded. Now he seems to be a Sony fanboy..maybe its just me. Hey look, I owned three Sony projectors in a row and like them more than most here on this thread but he seems to now be in the Sony camp. I prefer reviewers who just give information and stay neutral as that is the best way to make educated decisions on the pros/cons of any given projector but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
post #6974 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFlyy View Post
anyone knows if 3d RF emitter is still separate item or they have included it this time ?

Pity no automatic lens cover in RS2000 and 3000 for the optics...

but it is a small thing compared to 4k native and other advantages

My understanding is no included 3D emitter.

I ordered an Xpand Emitter from eBay for $12. They may no longer be available as since we started talking about them a few pages back, many of us flocked to buy 'em

Edit: eBay still has them. Just do a search for xPand 3D emitter. Should cost just under $12
markmon1 likes this.

Last edited by Ronald Epstein; 10-17-2018 at 07:53 AM.
post #6975 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 276 Post(s)
Quoted: 13163 Post(s)
Liked: 10796
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon B View Post
The nx5 appears to have a white option.

https://www.digitalcinema.com.au/jvc...e-mapping.html
Not in US market.
post #6976 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:

Arrow is he comparing the n5 to the rs500 series and says blacks are similar? I ordered the n7 so then it should be even better than my rs520?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
post #6977 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
Arrow is he comparing the n5 to the rs500 series and says blacks are similar? I ordered the n7 so then it should be even better than my rs520?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
That was X5*00/RS4*0. No way N5 will reach the contrast of RS5*0.
markmon1 and jorgebetancourt like this.
post #6978 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 760 Post(s)
Liked: 712
Quote:

Still not convinced that the delay doesn't affect US. Japan is late Nov??? Only thing that would make sense is the statement that parts were used up using the RSXXXX branding but that production person may be in real trouble. Or the world ran out of N's or X's so they couldn't brand it for the rest of the world.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS

Last edited by BondDonBond; 10-17-2018 at 08:24 AM.
post #6979 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple X View Post
No one knows. No one will know until they are released and a side by side comparison is made. Only the 5 and 9 where shown at the trade shows, and even then in different rooms. No one has yet seen both the 5 and 7 side by side. The only know differences are the addition of a filter and lamp iris. My money is that your room environment and screen size will have an impact on if the price difference will make it worth it. For example if you can run at iris -15 you will almost certainly get twice the contrast; on the other hand if you don't care about HDR and run on a large screen there may well be little difference between the two (open iris and filter out). In past years sometimes this has been true, sometimes not... we are all waiting to see.
Thank you, this is helpful. May I ask what determines if I can run iris at -15? Distance, room conditions, light control?

My setup is in my mid-sized attic that doubles as my home office, I watch typically at night with lights off and minimal ambient light. My walls are white, but I can put black drapes all over my room. Distance from PJ mount to the screen is ~15 ft. My screen is 16:9 106 inch grey with 1.5 gain, which I am thinking of changing to a similar sized 4K screen with 1.0 gain (Elunevision Reference 4K screen ... cant afford pricier Stewarts unfortunately )

Knowing what we know from specs any thoughts / advice?

Thank you!
post #6980 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:

Last line made me laugh.
post #6981 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:

This is interesting - I had a chance to A/B Sony 285 and JVC RS440 / 5900X at my local Magnolia Bestbuy. And I can say that JVC beat the Sony in terms of black-levels and contrast hands down. A/B was at 1080p source, so cant say much about sharpness or HDR, but JVC image seemed more real.

I ended up buying the 5900X, but returned it because the eShift noise was driving me nuts, and the new N5/7 were just around the corner. I am hoping N5 is more than a match for Sony 295, with the dynamic iris and historically better contrasts.
markmon1 likes this.
post #6982 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 09:08 AM

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
... It's clearly simply a production numbers thing and the United States being given priority

NO! It's all Trump's fault! He threatened JVC with tariffs!
JeffR1 and ARROW-AV like this.
post #6983 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1097 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:

If you compare it to the US dollar....; if you work it back from the Canadian dollar it's better.
MSRP is 7499.99 and that converts to about 8102.76 AUZ.

There in which lies the problem, everything is bought and sold with the exchange rate in comparison to the US dollar.
Unfortunately.

When I buy car parts for my British cars, I never buy from the US because the US dollar is too strong, I get more for my money purchasing in pounds, then in US dollars.
I deal directly with the UK.

Right where it sits now, the Australian's would be better of buying from Canada if it were practical and if the Canadian sellers would ship to Australia _ which they probably wouldn't.
post #6984 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 09:51 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:

The first part of this paragraph, more than anything else, has caused me to be one of those fence-sitters. While the latter part does provide a modicum of assurance that it will all be good in the end, there is a price to pay for being the first purchasers. Put that price on top of the high purchase price (even though the pre-order discount lessens the pain a little), and it was just too much for me to deal with.

I'm looking forward to the reviews, and will continue following all the experiences that people have. While I'm hoping for everyone else's sake that my concerns are overblown, I can't help but think that the road will be a little bumpy at best, and require an iterative update for next year this time to get things right at worst.
Toe likes this.

Publisher - The BigScreen Cinema Guide
DTS:X Resources | Dolby Atmos Resources
Men and women range themselves into three classes or orders of intelligence; you can tell the lowest class by their habit of always talking about persons, the next by the fact that their habit is always to converse about things; the highest by their preference for the discussion of ideas. - Henry Thomas Buckle - historian and author
post #6985 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
If you compare it to the US dollar....; if you work it back from the Canadian dollar it's better.
MSRP is 7499.99 and that converts to about 8102.76 AUZ.
Are you sure you have the correct MSRP @ CAD 7499.99? (I assume you're referring to an N5) - that would translate to USD 5,775 which would mean it would be cheaper for people in the US to buy from Canada?
post #6986 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 4129 Post(s)
Liked: 5244
People keeps talking about been beta testers, reliably issues with first batch, bugs, firmware updates to fix them, etc. Like this is the first JVC projector ever launched. I kinda get the frustration from customers of the 2015 models as they were very glitchy regarding HDR playback (HDFury to the rescue) but also you need to remember that 2015 was the transition year from SDR to HDR in the whole 4K AV market. To the point that only few TV models were HDR capable by 2015. HDR10 protocol has been very solid since 2017 and also this is not the first 4K model that JVC releases. Yes, I know a few things are new, like HDR Auto Tone Mapping, but other than that, which BTW is something you can turn OFF, I don't see the point on be afraid to the point of calling first buyers "lab rats". Yes, I'm pretty sure the most OCDs reviewers and expert users are going to find at least a couple of bugs that could be fixed with a firmware update. Again, these new models are based in the almost bug's free RS4500/Z1. I don't see anybody complaining about the RS4500 performance, contrary the only thing I read and hear from any person who had the chance to look at it is that it's the best image they had ever watched from any home theater projector and I'm looking forward to say the same when turning ON for the first time my RS2000.

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers - REW for macOS
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | Sony 77A9G OLED |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
post #6987 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2285 Post(s)
Liked: 1556
I just hope this new 4K lineup doesn't go down as a lemon. The last time JVC released a new projector design in 2010, there were some definite issues. Lamps dying early (requiring 3 lamp revisions to resolve), front IR sensor boards dying because of backward capacitor, HDMI lock-ups, etc. I guess there are some risks to be an early adopter. At least this time they are recycling a proven lamp.

I don't mind if they delay launch as long as necessary to make sure there are no issues.

Last edited by Wizziwig; 10-17-2018 at 11:00 AM.
post #6988 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 11:04 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 7141 Post(s)
Liked: 7181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
I don't mind if they delay launch as long as necessary to make sure there are no issues.
This is AVS forum, there is always issues
catonic and bochoss like this.
post #6989 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 11:05 AM

JVC reads the forum, responds to issues and we now have USB firmware update ability, so not worried.
post #6990 of 13660 Old 10-17-2018, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2043 Post(s)
Liked: 1308
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
People keeps talking about been beta testers, reliably issues with first batch, bugs, firmware updates to fix them, etc. Like this is the first JVC projector ever launched. I kinda get the frustration from customers of the 2015 models as they were very glitchy regarding HDR playback (HDFury to the rescue) but also you need to remember that 2015 was the transition year from SDR to HDR in the whole 4K AV market. To the point that only few TV models were HDR capable by 2015. HDR10 protocol has been very solid since 2017 and also this is not the first 4K model that JVC releases. Yes, I know a few things are new, like HDR Auto Tone Mapping, but other than that, which BTW is something you can turn OFF, I don't see the point on be afraid to the point of calling first buyers "lab rats". Yes, I'm pretty sure the most OCDs reviewers and expert users are going to find at least a couple of bugs that could be fixed with a firmware update. Again, these new models are based in the almost bug's free RS4500/Z1. I don't see anybody complaining about the RS4500 performance, contrary the only thing I read and hear from any person who had the chance to look at it is that it's the best image they had ever watched from any home theater projector and I'm looking forward to say the same when turning ON for the first time my RS2000.
I agree with you on this.

I have an RS3000 on preorder and honestly I am not worried in the least. The lens is the same lens as the RS4500. The lamp is the same lamp used in previous models. Most likely the entire circuit board and video processing unit is the same as the RS4500. The housing while new is larger which should provide better cooling and supposedly the lens structure has been reinforced to improve mechanical lens operations and better support fo the lens system.

I could see a few software glitches as a possibility but most likely that will get ironed out with new firmware updates. At worst if there is a physical defect then you have a great warranty provided by JVC for any repair.

Besides I would rather be excited about the possible great images that the RS3000 will throw on my home screen. I don't want to be paranoid and worry about non-existent issues in a product that hasn't even been released yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
eshift , Jvc , native 4k , projector , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page