NEW JVC RS3000/NX9 RS2000/N7 RS1000/N5 Native 4K Projectors Anticipation Thread - Page 238 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13017Likes

post #7111 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 12:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 329 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5447 Post(s)
Liked: 5650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
But I am also legitimately asking you, do you see micro dust particles inside your lens?

I want to know if I am the only one, or if its normal.
Yes, I do see them if I look at the lens once in a blue moon, and I don't care about them when I look at the screen because they are invisible there. I only care about what's visible on the screen. When I had an rs49 and before that an rs45 I thought that the dust on the outside of the lens would be a problem (due to the lack of front lens door), and it never was. So I don't know where the dust has to be for it to be visible on screen, but it's clearly not where the JVCs allow it to be, except in extreme cases such as yours (a "dust incident"), and even then you have to wait in the dark and look for it to even be able to vaguely see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
If you want to see the accumulated dust in someone's X35 have a look at the images in this post.
https://www.avforums.com/threads/jvc...block.2126897/
Still this very old unit with 4000 hours is being fixed not because of dust blobs that can be seen on the screen, but because of the magenta stripe (which was an occasional defect on that very old model, I had it on my rs20 - whole unit replaced under warranty by JVC - and it's been mostly fixed since on more recent models). Yes there was some dust on the mirrors that did take away some brightness in a uniform way, but the guy isn't complaining about a single dust blob visible on the screen.

Again, compared to the Epson or Panasonic projectors for which dust blobs visible on screen is a real issue, the JVCs don't have a dust blob problem. Even if you put an insanely high amount of hours on them. How many people put 4000 hours on their projector before they replace it? I go up to 3,000 in three years, and that's a fairly high use I'd say compared to the average.

This is why I and many others never questioned the "sealed light path" statement. In effect, it's exactly what it is: there is no dust blob visible on the screen over the usable life of the PJ. There might be some dust accumulating, but there is none causing a visible dust particle on screen, which is what most of us care about. Especially when compared to other brands, where these dust particles are visible and can be seen on the screen.

I'm not saying that your statement about the sealed light path was technically incorrect, only trying to clarify what it actually means before others read this and panic for no reason. Even if the light path isn’t fully sealed, there must be some effective protection against dust where it matters. I've asked for links to users complaining about visible dust blobs, and you don't have any. Javs remains the only exception I've heard of in 10 years of JVC ownership and forum use, and even he acknowledges that it might have been caused by a dust event and isn't really visible on screen unless he looks for it long and hard in front of a dark screen.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders

Last edited by Manni01; 10-19-2018 at 03:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7112 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 12:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKlammer View Post
But no one commented on "You can look from the outside into the light engine". He even posted a picture.
Said photo, with some more of his comments can be located here-

http://cine4home.de/forums/topic/heu...ony-vpl-vw270/
Manni01 likes this.
post #7113 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 12:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post
Said photo, with some more of his comments can be located here-

http://cine4home.de/forums/topic/heu...ony-vpl-vw270/
According to Ekki, it looks like the area that matters IS sealed:

"Because of dust safety:

I assume that the area between polarizer and D-ILA panel is closed and there is no dust inside. Incidentally, the projector has a dust filter at the inlet, why, I do not know. I know more details when I have broken one up."

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7114 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 01:18 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii View Post
What light leakage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKlammer View Post
Look at the right side of the chassis
I would not get too hung up on this. Whilst there was potentially light leakage, it was not as bad as it appears from the camera. I did not take that picture, but the room was never that light. I believe the picture was taken on an iphone, and if you look at the picture, it is not perfectly in focus (due to the lack of light in the room), so I have a feeling that this is making the light spill look much worse than it was in person.

Quote:
Thanks Ricky, much appreciated!

Subjectively, how was the sharpness of the NX9 lens, and also convergence - was it good edge to edge?

Was the DI working on that sample?

If you can post your measurements of the N5 when you've tested it, that would be great!
The sharpness looked good across the screen. The convergence was out on blue when it was first set up, but with some full pixel adjustments (vertical and horizontal) we got it looking very price across the screen (please remember this was an engineering sample that has been here, there and everywhere, and has possibly taken some knocks along the way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Did you happen to measure the white point with and without the filter to calculate light loss with filter in place?
I did not, sorry. It was my intention, but with limited time, I did not manage to get this test completed. Kicking myself now, as it would have been a good test to get done. I will say that during demos, they were happy to use my Rec.2020 profile over the HDR profile, as the colours were better, and whilst there was some light loss, it did not look massive, and take from the image. I have to say I much prefer the activation of the filter in these units over the X series. You can hear a 'whirr' as they drop the filter into place, rather than the old 'slap'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
HDMI board is not new. The longer sync time is not because of the board used. It is because of how JVC has it set up to give such rock solid lock, so that there are no dropouts. For those that did not use marginal cables, the sync time could have been reduced with no difference in performance.
I have been setting up JVCs for a number of years, and I also installed and set up this NX9, and I am positive that the HDMI handshake time is better, as I used the same HDMI cables I would normally use, with the same sort of equipment I have used before. I agree that I do not think the board has changed, but maybe it is more processing power? I can not see any specific reference to it, but my JVC rep, did suggest that something had been done to speed up HDMI handshake, as JVC do get criticism for it. When I do side by side demos, you can see how much slower was compared to the competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Gotcha. Would be interesting to compare the new JVC to the Sony, especially with test patterns for sharpness and focus uniformity across the screen. But if you were watching content from normal seating, I imagine both would be very similar as long as each was properly focused. If contrast is as good as he is stating, that would be far more noticeable than differences in sharpness from lens unless something is setup really bad.

Interesting on the native gamut. Interested in seeing how this plays out. I hit JVC on the aggressiveness of their filter with the RS4500 and was hoping they wouldn't make the same mistake again with this line. I think they had it just fine with the X series. Looking forward to taking some measurements and seeing how it all plays out.
I already have a VW270 here, so will be putting it up against the N5 as time allows.
post #7115 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 01:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 3024 Post(s)
Liked: 2229
Quote:
Originally Posted by R10KYJ View Post
I have been setting up JVCs for a number of years, and I also installed and set up this NX9, and I am positive that the HDMI handshake time is better, as I used the same HDMI cables I would normally use, with the same sort of equipment I have used before.
Thanks Ricky. How would you say the sync time on these new JVC's compares to the Sony's you have seen? When I moved from my RS600/X9000 to the 760ES, there was a big reduction in sync time - I'm hoping the new JVC's are now comparable on this?
post #7116 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Thanks Ricky. How would you say the sync time on these new JVC's compares to the Sony's you have seen? When I moved from my RS600/X9000 to the 760ES, there was a big reduction in sync time - I'm hoping the new JVC's are now comparable on this?
I do not know if it is exactly the same as a Sony (as had no Sony to reference it against), but it did seem to be an obvious improvement to what I am used to. I will be testing the N5 against the VW270 over the weekend/early next week, so should be able to confirm after some testing. I cant imagine the NX9 will have a vastly different sync time compared to the N5.
post #7117 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 02:15 AM

Look what just arrived
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181019_094924.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	2.18 MB
ID:	2470420  
post #7118 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 02:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Look what just arrived
Good man, chip on then! lol

Not sure if you take requests, but if you do . . .

1. On/off contrast from the lens at min and max zoom with iris wide open and iris fully closed
2. Peak lumens OTB and calibrated
3. Percentage of P3 coverage
4. Sync time measurement 1080p > 2160p, and in reverse if different.
5. Rendering of 2160p single pixel chequerboard test pattern (a close up photo would be great on that)
Spizz and Manni01 like this.
post #7119 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 03:32 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2642 Post(s)
Liked: 1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Still this very old unit with 4000 hours is being fixed not because of dust blobs that can be seen on the screen, but because of the magenta stripe (which was an occasional defect on that very old model, I had it on my rs20 - whole unit replaced under warranty by JVC - and it's been mostly fixed since on more recent models). Yes there was some dust on the mirrors that did take away some brightness in a uniform way, but the guy isn't complaining about a single dust blob visible on the screen.
I didn't say it was fixed because of dust. Nor do I mention dust blobs in any of my posts. You're the one who keeps mentioning blobs, not me. Anyway it isn't my intention to cause undue stress around the matter, but I do believe in factual reporting...
Quote:
This is why I and many others never questioned the "sealed light path" statement. In effect, it's exactly what it is: there is no dust blob visible on the screen over the usable life of the PJ. There might be some dust accumulating, but there is none causing a visible dust particle on screen, which is what most of us care about. Especially when compared to other brands, where these dust particles are visible and can be seen on the screen.

I'm not saying that your statement about the sealed light path was technically incorrect, only trying to clarify what it actually means before others read this and panic for no reason. Even if the light path isn’t fully sealed, there must be some effective protection against dust where it matters. I've asked for links to users complaining about visible dust blobs, and you don't have any. Javs remains the only exception I've heard of in 10 years of JVC ownership and forum use, and even he acknowledges that it might have been caused by a dust event and isn't really visible on screen unless he looks for it long and hard in front of a dark screen.
Again, I didn't say dust blobs; that is your interpretation of what I wrote; as explained this isn't the only downside of dust in the lightpath that manifests at the screen and so the improvements it seems that are being made to the new series of 4K units can only be welcomed. In releasing 20,000hr units like the lasers I'm sure they had to improve it (Z1 has a dual layer filter setup), and it looks like these improvements have made their way down to the lamp units. In welcoming the improvements it has to be acknowledged that what went before could have perhaps been better.

I came into projection after being into photography and seeing there the extent that manufacturers have to go to to try and dust seal lenses and bodies, and seeing none of those precautions in these projectors which get frequently mis-described as having "sealed paths" just grates. I've never actually seen a "sealed path" statement from JVC (and I have looked) - they've come from reviewers and then repeated in forum posts from what I see. Maybe I'm being overly pedantic (that is spelt P E D A N T I C ). Nothing will make you feel more aggrieved by these statements than having to take apart a DLP to clean the DLP chip in the "sealed light path" everyone told you they had...

I'll repeat just so it is clear - I don't think dust is a big problem in JVC units. It will get a bit dimmer over time, but you'll be so pleased with the brightness increase when you swap in a new lamp you won't notice or care. If you're really unlucky like Javs it seems (or perhaps have a very dusty environment) the new units might well have an added benefit.

Last edited by bobof; 10-19-2018 at 03:38 AM.
post #7120 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 03:44 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2642 Post(s)
Liked: 1741
I'd love to know the dirt on what Ekki meant exactly by this:
Quote:
I'd rather wait for a standard device on the N5 before I publish my own article.

Otherwise, the typical excuses from JVCs because of pre-series, etc ... I want to avoid that. Unfortunately, I have had very bad experiences with this manufacturer (DLA-Z1) since the Kenwood acquisition.
(http://cine4home.de/forums/topic/heu...70/#post-11070)
post #7121 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 04:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'll repeat just so it is clear - I don't think dust is a big problem in JVC units. It will get a bit dimmer over time, but you'll be so pleased with the brightness increase when you swap in a new lamp you won't notice or care. If you're really unlucky like Javs it seems (or perhaps have a very dusty environment) the new units might well have an added benefit.
That’s all I was asking for, and I think this clarification was necessary. Glad we can agree on this.

post #7122 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 04:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 5227 Post(s)
Liked: 3400
Quote:
How many people put 4000 hours on their projector before they replace it? I go up to 3,000 in three years, and that's a fairly high use I'd say compared to the average.
Huh? I easily hit 3000 hours per year. So do both my friends that have projectors.

Quote:

I already have a VW270 here, so will be putting it up against the N5 as time allows.
Is this another engineering sample that has no dynamic iris enabled?

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #7123 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2059 Post(s)
Liked: 2270
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Now that sucks...it was supposed to be mid to late October 😞
I don't think much has changed in terms of timing for the U.S. market. I think you are confusing JVC shipping them out versus people receiving them in hand. I think the process is JVC ships on boat to U.S. > goes through customs > goes to warehouse >gets shipped to dealer or direct to customer. As far as I have heard this week they are on track for late October arrival in U.S. which would translate to a mid November (ish) arrival at customers houses.
post #7124 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 04:35 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Agreed - never had a problem with dust or blobs in any of my JVC units. The closest I can come to this was a unit I put in storage in a humid garage (I think an old RS1 - I ended up having mildew or mold growth over all the surfaces, including the light path - and totally my fault, not the projector.
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have hard data backing this statement? As in links to a significant number of actual users having experienced dust blobs with a JVC, or reports from trustworthy sources? Have you experienced dust blobs yourself with a JVC?

I've had an rs20, rs50, rs45, rs49 and currently an rs500 and none of them ever had any (visible) dust blob in it. Contrary to say panasonic models that were well known for being dust magnets.

The only example I ever heard about is Javs unit, and he himself admits that there might have been some abnormally aggressive environment at play.

As far as I'm concerned, the light path for the JVCs is sealed. I could be wrong, but I always thought that the filter was connected to the chassis air flow to prevent dust accumulation in the chassis, which can cause a fire hazard. I never ever thought that it could be connected to the light path.

I am concerned about many things when I buy a JVC, and I've experienced my lot of issues over the year, but getting a dust blob has never been on my list. Ever. And if "most units will end up with dust", well then I have been incredibly lucky with 6 units over 10 years that never got such a dust blob.
Yep, dust blobs have been a non issue and I am talking about thousands of units. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Manni01 likes this.
post #7125 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Huh? I easily hit 3000 hours per year. So do both my friends that have projectors.
Thats ridiculous - thats almost 8 1/2 hours a day every single day of the year - do you not work, and spend every single day in your HT?

Manni is right, 1000 hours a year is fairly high usage, that's still more than a movie every single day of the year. I'm in my HT almost every night I'm at home, but I still only rack up around 500 hours or so a year once you take out holidays, nights out, weekends away at friends, other commitments etc.
Toe, DavidHir and Manni01 like this.
post #7126 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 05:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Thats ridiculous - thats almost 8 1/2 hours a day every single day of the year - do you not work, and spend every single day in your HT?

Manni is right, 1000 hours a year is fairly high usage, that's still more than a movie every single day of the year. I'm in my HT almost every night I'm at home, but I still only rack up around 500 hours or so a year once you take out holidays, nights out, weekends away at friends, other commitments etc.
Friends whats that? And family I have heard that word before

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
post #7127 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 05:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiostar88 View Post
Friends whats that? And family I have heard that word before

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I guess 8 1/2 hours a day in front of a projector is one way to guarantee you have neither! lol
Craig Peer likes this.
post #7128 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 05:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Question: is there any difference in optics between rs540/x790 and rs1000/rs2000?

Video room: JVC X7900, Denon AVR-X4300H + PMA-1500AE; Oppo UDP-203, Adeo 113" Prestige LED, Apple TV4K;Harmony Elite + Alexa; PS4 Pro; Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 Dali Z5,Z1, Phantom, Alteco, Sub E-12F; zone 2: LG OLED 65 C8, LG UP970, Xbox 1S.
Audio room: Pioneer SX-N30, PD-10, Jamo C97, Akai BT500 Net/PC: HP Omen 880-180nw, 28"UE570 UHD, QNAP 670 Pro i7, UPS CP900LCD, RT-AC87U merlin.
post #7129 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12540 Post(s)
Liked: 10154
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
I would not get too hung up on this. Whilst there was potentially light leakage, it was not as bad as it appears from the camera. I did not take that picture, but the room was never that light. I believe the picture was taken on an iphone, and if you look at the picture, it is not perfectly in focus (due to the lack of light in the room), so I have a feeling that this is making the light spill look much worse than it was in person.

The sharpness looked good across the screen. The convergence was out on blue when it was first set up, but with some full pixel adjustments (vertical and horizontal) we got it looking very price across the screen (please remember this was an engineering sample that has been here, there and everywhere, and has possibly taken some knocks along the way).

I did not, sorry. It was my intention, but with limited time, I did not manage to get this test completed. Kicking myself now, as it would have been a good test to get done. I will say that during demos, they were happy to use my Rec.2020 profile over the HDR profile, as the colours were better, and whilst there was some light loss, it did not look massive, and take from the image. I have to say I much prefer the activation of the filter in these units over the X series. You can hear a 'whirr' as they drop the filter into place, rather than the old 'slap'.

I have been setting up JVCs for a number of years, and I also installed and set up this NX9, and I am positive that the HDMI handshake time is better, as I used the same HDMI cables I would normally use, with the same sort of equipment I have used before. I agree that I do not think the board has changed, but maybe it is more processing power? I can not see any specific reference to it, but my JVC rep, did suggest that something had been done to speed up HDMI handshake, as JVC do get criticism for it. When I do side by side demos, you can see how much slower was compared to the competition.

Nope, not processing power. Years ago JVC projectors did not always make a rock solid HDMI connection. Some people would get HDMI dropouts. Most of the time it was people using longer HDMI cables, but the projector was getting the blame. JVC set up the protocol on the JVC's to establish the HDMI connection so that it runs through the sequence multiple times. Somehow this makes for a better HDMI connection. But it adds delay to the sync. I wished they had allowed an adjustment to this, so those that used good cables or shorter cables could dial this back. I think now that there is more awareness on HDMI cables and HDMI cables have improved in quality, JVC is dialing this back some. I don't think I will ever be a fan of HDMI.
post #7130 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:

That is very heavy projector usage. Manni is correct, 1,000 a year is heavy usage if you look at everybody. Assuming at least two weeks of the year is missed for vacation, weekend trips and holidays, that is 20 hours a week. Nearly three hours a day, every day. Most people do not put 1,000 a year. Your 3,000 a year using the same assumptions is over 8.5 hours a day, seven days a week for 50 weeks out of the year. And I am being generous on missing only two weeks out of the year.
DavidHir and Manni01 like this.
post #7131 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
I don't think much has changed in terms of timing for the U.S. market. I think you are confusing JVC shipping them out versus people receiving them in hand. I think the process is JVC ships on boat to U.S. > goes through customs > goes to warehouse >gets shipped to dealer or direct to customer. As far as I have heard this week they are on track for late October arrival in U.S. which would translate to a mid November (ish) arrival at customers houses.
After customs, they have to go through US JVC QC.
post #7132 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFlyy View Post
Question: is there any difference in optics between rs540/x790 and rs1000/rs2000?
Yes. Enough difference that there are two different part numbers. The specs were tighten for the new lens and the QC improved.
post #7133 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 06:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 5227 Post(s)
Liked: 3400
Quote:

Quote:
That is very heavy projector usage. Manni is correct, 1,000 a year is heavy usage if you look at everybody. Assuming at least two weeks of the year is missed for vacation, weekend trips and holidays, that is 20 hours a week. Nearly three hours a day, every day. Most people do not put 1,000 a year. Your 3,000 a year using the same assumptions is over 8.5 hours a day, seven days a week for 50 weeks out of the year. And I am being generous on missing only two weeks out of the year.
Sorry, I should have though it through better. It's 2500 hours a year not 3000. I average 7 hours a day probably 360 days a year, I don't go on vacations. I have several days a month that I exceed 7 hours (10 hours or so). I don't go to work (life is too short for that crap), if I do any work, the theater room listening to music is the best place to do it. I generally knock off for the day around 11pm and head to the theater until about 6:30 am when I go to bed.

Theater is used for much more than just movies. I watch all my TV in there, play all my video games in there, do most my software development in there, am typing this in there now.

Of my 2 friends, one is depressed and probably uses his projector 12 hours a day (also not working, but for reasons other than being retired). Other friend is self employed and does website development. On his projector he works 2-3 hours a day and watches 2-3 hours a day of TV.

I don't know anyone that has a projector that only uses it for a couple movies a week. Well I guess except you guys. The supposed enthusiasts

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #7134 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Quote:
On the new N series they've brought the lamp much further forward in the unit (the lamp access is now is on the side of the unit with the light leak) and I guess that proximity to the front might be what is making it more visible.
It appears the light leaks from both front vents. This photo on cine4home shows it on the front left vent while the previous photo was from the right vent. Probably nothing to be concerned about, but I checked my RS600 and the only light is from the lens and the status LEDs on the Ethernet jack.
post #7135 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 07:18 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 213
** Official Update that I received from JVC this morning:

The DLA-NX5 and DLA-RS1000 will not arrive until the third week in November. We will receive initial quantities of DLA-NX7/DLA-RS2000 and DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000 as anticipated at the end of October. However, due to the extremely high volume of existing orders, the quantities arriving will not be sufficient to satisfy all. We will do our very best to allocate this product equitably to accommodate our dealers.
Spizz and ARROW-AV like this.
post #7136 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6676 Post(s)
Liked: 6670
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Now that sucks...it was supposed to be mid to late October 😞
Well see what happens...

Quote:
Look what just arrived
Wow, bro, so that is a production unit or a test unit?
post #7137 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinsley View Post
It appears the light leaks from both front vents. This photo on cine4home shows it on the front left vent while the previous photo was from the right vent. Probably nothing to be concerned about, but I checked my RS600 and the only light is from the lens and the status LEDs on the Ethernet jack.
If I look at my rs500 from the front, there is no light leak due to the angles in the plastic flaps in the vent: the airflow goes out but the light can't reach the screen (and I can't see inside the projector).

If I look from the side though, the vents orientation allow me to see inside, and I can see the light leak.

It looks exactly the same in the new models: we can see inside from the side (that's the angle for the photos) but from the front, there shouldn't be any light leaking to the screen, unless it's a screen far too big to be lit by the unit, or the unit is like one meter from the screen, which is fairly impossible.

Given that JVC takes the care to make sure the red power on light goes off when the unit is switched on, and that the only active light (unless there is an error condition) is a green flashing light when hide is on, I think they are competent enough to make sure that there is no light from the unit that can hit the screen, except that coming from the lens.

So I have zero worry about this being a potential issue.

I'm sure this will be confirmed soon by testers/reviewers.
markmon1 likes this.

Last edited by Manni01; 10-19-2018 at 07:47 AM.
post #7138 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:

I can easily believe you can have those hours.

Quote:

Speaking for myself the Runco lamp is rated for 2,000 hour full-power before changing.
Note* It never-ever made it that far before the WARNING came on the screen to replace the lamp.
Every year I have changed the lamp assembly around October and the lamp hours per the meter were like as I recall between 1,700 & 1,800 hours of usage.
I am retired and have been since 2008.
I spend a lot of hours in the HT for sure as that's what I like doing.
What was bad to me was replacing those Lamp Assemblies each year at an initial cost from Runco Dealer of $999.00 each.
And speaking of the above that's why I told the wife if they, any manufacturer, comes out with a laser projector we can afford I'm changing to that technology.
Well, Runco as many know is DEAD and JVC did come out with the RS4500 Laser and guess what ???
I now own one and I will be watching it on High-Laser and putting a lot of hours on it per year.

Terry
Craig Peer and Chris Kane like this.

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 10-19-2018 at 07:42 AM.
post #7139 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 07:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2059 Post(s)
Liked: 2270
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectionHead View Post

The DLA-NX5 and DLA-RS1000 will not arrive until the third week in November. We will receive initial quantities of DLA-NX7/DLA-RS2000 and DLA-NX9/DLA-RS3000 as anticipated at the end of October. However, due to the extremely high volume of existing orders, the quantities arriving will not be sufficient to satisfy all. We will do our very best to allocate this product equitably to accommodate our dealers.
Thank you for the update. Weird how the news keeps getting modified...aren't these things already on a boat? Shouldn't they know what they shipped before today? I hope to get lucky as I have the NX 7 on pre-order with my dealer and he confirmed I was second on his list. So assuming he gets an allotment, I should be ok. Seems like there will be a lot of nervous pre-order customers hoping they got part of the first shipment.
post #7140 of 13653 Old 10-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectionHead View Post

Well I guess I was prophetic in my earlier post that no dealer responded to as to quantities being pre-ordered and being able to full-fill the orders or not. Now the question that isn't answered yet is if you are not in the first batch of RS2000 or RS3000 what is the anticipated date a new batch will come in, since Nov sounds like the rest of the world will be getting that allocation. My order was placed on Sept 12th so fairly early compared to others....will be interesting.
Mike Garrett and ARROW-AV like this.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
eshift , Jvc , native 4k , projector , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page