NEW JVC RS3000/NX9 RS2000/N7 RS1000/N5 Native 4K Projectors Anticipation Thread - Page 268 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13017Likes

post #8011 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by westmd View Post
I am close to ordering the RS3000/NX9
+1 will be selling my VW760ES this December and taking RS3000/NX9, but first will see it in demo at best AV Lab.
Interesting as you are going back to bulb from laser. Why is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8012 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinsley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venger99 View Post
I was thinking of black for the wall around and to the sides of the screen and dark battleship grey for other walls and rear ceiling. I am having a star ceiling in front of the screen but can switch this off. I have LED strip lights along the side walls on floor and transversely across the rear of the ceiling. These are dimmable or can be turned off. Am I better going all black?

Here you go: The Blacker the Theater, The Better the Image
Thanks. More reading to do!
post #8013 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 06:43 AM
.NET Solution Architect

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Interesting as you are going back to bulb from laser. Why is that?
It's probably the only one cons, I spend around 500 hours max a year, so for me it won't be a big issue. In regards calibration, I do calibrate my projectors myself with LightSpace and Lumagen, so this won't be an issue as well when bulb is dimming. In NX9 I love its lenses from Z1, I love its Native contrast, I love that it has MANUAL IRIS, I love JVC because they release firmware updates quite often. Again I will be viewing it live, with others sitting in place 870ES, and probably Z1 and NX9, and I doubt that I won't like NX9 over my 760ES.
Craig Peer likes this.

Video: Synology 416Play NAS 24TB -> OPPO UDP-203 / Zidoo X9S / Nvidia Shield 4K -> Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 -> SONY VPL-VW760ES -> Elite Screen 135'' 16:9 1.1 Max White;
Audio: DENON X3500H -> Dali Zensor 7.1 Dolby Atmos (7, 1, E12F, Vokal, Dolby Alteco C1)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8014 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 329 Post(s)
Quoted: 5443 Post(s)
Liked: 5649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexler View Post
If I understand it correctly the new HDMI standard would allow more or less instant handshaking? This would be a HUGE upgrade for me. No longer problems with different refresh rates in menus and videos, no longer problems zapping on your TV etc. Right now these things get extremely tiring. For example having menus at 60 hz, then a trailer in a different refresh rate and a movie in another, every time handshaking for an eternity and just displaying a black image while the audio and the film have already started.

I also don't believe you need any new cables etc to take advantage of this.
Sorry, you are misunderstanding.

HDMI 2.1 would only allow you to achieve this if you play all your video content at 60p, which is really not recommended unless you love the soap opera effect.

What it means is that you will be able to switch all refresh rates (23-60p, in fact even up to 120p when content allows) without having to downgrade the PQ as we have to do at the moment with 4K60p, which is the only mode that can't be sent through HDMI 2.0 in full 4:4:4 12bits (or 10bits). You need to lower chroma resolution to 4:2:2 or or lower bit depth to 8bits. This can be done automatically, but it's not optimal if your source does great chroma upscaling and dithering (such as a PC with MadVR) as you have to let the display do it internally (from 4:2:2 to 4:4:4 and from 8bits to the internal panel bit depth).

But if you play content at native refresh rate (i.e. 23p for film content), you will still need to resync HDMI when switching between various refresh rates.

Note that the new models have a 50% faster sync according to JVC (see the training video posted earlier) and that this can be improved further in low latency mode.

At 4K60, you might need new cables, you might not as the bandwidth for 4K60 4:4:4 12bits is around 21Gb/s which is not so far from 18Gb/s. Some good quality UHD Premium certified cables under 10ft might be able to support this. We won't know until we try.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders

Last edited by Manni01; 10-30-2018 at 06:49 AM.
post #8015 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12539 Post(s)
Liked: 10154
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankiy View Post
I ordered the nx7 because it’s the one that fits into my budget. I have recently added a second row to my theatre and in doing so had to move my front row closer to the screen to make the room for them.

Currently I’m using an x990. The image from this beast is incredible. However, since moving the front seats, the distance from viewer heads to the screen from the first row are around 8.5 feet. From this distance, I notice the pixels on the screen which I did not notice from the original 12.5 feet. It’s really annoying but I love my 135” CinemaScope screen. I’m projecting from about 18 feet away.

So my question is, do you guys think that with the true 4k panels in the nx7, the resolution issue will be resolved from the front row at 8.5 feet from the screen?
Quote:
Do you have the eshift on? The pixel size will be the same as the eshift one, but each pixel will be delineated more clearly, which in fact should make them easier to make out. You should get a slightly sharper image but not less visible pixels...

Edit, however I find it unlikely that you can actually make out the eshift pixels. Isn't it screen artifacts that you see? E.g. gain particles or screen texture?
Unless you have Superman's eyes, it is impossible to see the individual E-shift pixels from 8.5'. I suspect you are seeing screen shimmer. What fabric do you have in your screen?
Bytehoven, laguna_b and Manni01 like this.
post #8016 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 06:59 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2642 Post(s)
Liked: 1740
Quote:
If I understand it correctly the new HDMI standard would allow more or less instant handshaking?
Issues with sync speed are a JVC thing, not an HDMI thing. There are many much faster syncing HDMI devices out there than even the new series of units.

JVC design their projectors in a pretty "modular" fashion, with video passing through many chips and boards on their way to the panels, all these systems need to be synchronised to avoid odd issues with the image, and that takes time. I have the schematics for the old X3-X9 range and the video signal goes through something like 3 FPGAs, a scaler, and a host of other devices. There are DDR memories storing image data in no less than 3 different places in that product.
post #8017 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
It's been explained in so many words already, but the N5 and RS4XX will have pretty close to the same contrast as the X30 when lumens matched. However, the X30 will not come close to the extra lumens of the N5 and RS4XX which is what most people will desire in their set-ups. If you want to close down the iris so much and have a very dim image which would be unacceptable to most people, the X30 will technically have more contrast. With projectors, when they are made to be brighter it becomes harder to maintain a higher contrast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
The x30 does not have dynamic iris, so this is false. You cant just disable all dimming systems and iris systems and then compare to some old machine before those technologies existed. It doesn't make sense to massively cripple and compare.
You are not following what Dave is saying. He is only addressing the comment about the older projector having a higher rated native contrast and that is only true, if you can run the X30 with iris around -13 to -15. Anything higher than that and the 440 will win with native contrast. The X30 was rated at 50,000:1. The RS440 is rated at 40,000:1. Some would think that JVC went backwards here, but they really did not. If you set the X30 so that it has the manual iris wide open and you matched the brightness with an RS440, the RS440 would have to have the iris closed several clicks. Now the 440 will have higher native contrast. So whenever you brightness match, the 440 is always going to have slightly higher native contrast. The only time the X30 will beat the 440 is if you get close to fully closing the manual iris on the X30 and that is because the 440 can't get dim enough to brightness match.
DavidHir and Manni01 like this.
post #8018 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisLJacob View Post
Idea for the great dealers we have here. Can you attempt to get JVC to reward the early adapters with pre-orders a gift for the delay in getting our projectors? Something like Canada with the spare lamp/bulb offer. It would be nice when us USA folks see what Canada is getting and us south of the border folks getting left out. Just a thought. I'm sure if I asked for a vote, this would be a no brainer.
JVC could have done this or dealers could have done this, but the cost for JVC and the dealers would have increased and therefore the selling price would have increased. There is no free lunch. Also which would you rather do, pay for a spare lamp up front and let it sit until the warranty runs out or actually buy a lamp when you need it?
Manni01 likes this.
post #8019 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
For many folk this isn't feasible or comfortable (myself included). Many folk who wear glasses will have worse vision when their eyes aren't looking through the centre areas of their lenses, and so end up training themselves (often subconsciously) to move their heads more to keep looking through the better part of the lens. For these folk the two options at large screen sizes are move eyes more and get less good vision, or move head. I like neither so go for the 3rd option and sit a bit further back.
Bob,

I agree I tried 10' with my 123" 16x9 and it was actually a Disaster to be Blunt !!!
If a person was only watching UHD or 4K maybe you could live with those short distances.
(If you didn't mind turning your head that is if you happen to wear glasses as we both do)
However when viewing from Dish Network and according to what you are watching at 10' like I said above it was Pitiful.
At 12' 6" where I finally decided on after slowly and I do mean slowly viewing from the 10' foot and moving back from that point all programming is easily tolerable.
And you do-not have to move your head at all.
I do wear glasses as well as my wife so I can relate to what you commented on at super close viewing distances.
I think I should also mention that if anyone is wondering if you can see the actual difference from viewing Dish Network to 4K ???
Yes, instantly guys at 12' 6" the 4K is totally Awesome as well as HD or UHD.
Bonus to us is we can also like I said above watch Dish Programming as well and even that looks A-OK.

Lastly, it goes without saying all of us are different so if anyone loves viewing from a distance of 8' or 10' that's exactly what they should be doing.

Terry
post #8020 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Projector wise what would be the benefit of HDMI 2.1? It would just be implemented in streaming correct?
Per this:

https://hdmiforum.org/wp-content/upl...17_English.pdf

48Gbps
Faster Refresh Rates
Higher Resolutions (true [email protected], true [email protected] [email protected])
Dynamic HDR (up to 16 bit color modes supported) BT2020 color space supported HDMI2.0 supports static HDR range only
eARC (Improved Audio Return Channel)
Gamemode Variable Rate Refresh (Adaptive Sync)

Intel and AMD support VRR/Adaptive Sync. NVIDIA does not.

The last feature is of benefit to gamers because it reduces stuttering and tearing of images. If NVIDIA implements the 2.1 spec then they will pretty much kill off gsync sales. So NVIDIA is updating DisplayPort (DP) only in an effort to get around it. After all DP is for computer users and not home theater.

To be honest the home theater enthusiast crowd is way too small a market to cannibalize their profits on gsync.

Speaker design is rather an art. There is no such thing as the perfect painting. Likewise there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. It's part science and part personal preference.

Last edited by DigitalGriffin; 10-30-2018 at 07:49 AM.
post #8021 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post
[ I love JVC because they release firmware updates quite often. Again I will be viewing it live, with others sitting in place 870ES, and probably Z1 and NX9, and I doubt that I won't like NX9 over my 760ES.
I found firmware updates rather to be a weak point of JVC! I remember one to add BT2020 to my X7000 but that was all in my 10 years JVC history!

I will decide whether I preorder or watch the projector first based on the preorder savings. At this MSRP every percent is worth something. Anyway I saw the projector already in Berlin on the IFA. I was not blown away vs. my X7000 but I don’t think the demo material was very good to begin with. Also there is a very good review (in German) from a well respected calibrator (who also calibrated my X7000 so I don’t think you can go very wrong with the NX9.

https://www.lowbeats.de/exklusivtest...hendprojektor/
Manni01 likes this.
post #8022 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 07:47 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6675 Post(s)
Liked: 6670
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniv View Post
How is that helpful? He was just sharing his legit thoughts like everyone else. Getting a freebie from JVC (not out of Dealers margin) isn't really asking for too much or a free Projector. Do you really think the lamp's cost $250 plus as per JVC's BOM??
I would say the bulbs have nice margin for the manufacturer, but who knows for sure.......
post #8023 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901 View Post
You might take a "time out" and think about how you can use black velvet draping and/or panels such that they are concealed until it's movie time. For example, the "3 large black foam boards" will look like high noon sun light compared to black velvet panels. Start there (replacing what you have) and then figure out how to make the next leap.
There are limits set by the room. The ceiling is the biggest problem IMHO. I have thought about ways to pull black velvet from the screen box area over the ceiling but it really is not an easy project and can't think of any way that would not look ugly. I am still trying...at least the ceiling is very flat finish so less shiny. The foam boards make a big difference but you are right....a black cave would be incredible.
jh901 likes this.

Past: CRTs NEC/Runco, Barco 1208, 1209 Current: JVC RS-640, Stewart Cima Neve 123" Screen 92" Da-Lite
post #8024 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
I would say the bulbs have nice margin for the manufacturer, but who knows for sure.......
There's a cottage industry forming that will hand rebuild bulbs for your projectors for less than half the cost.

Speaker design is rather an art. There is no such thing as the perfect painting. Likewise there is no such thing as a perfect speaker. It's part science and part personal preference.
post #8025 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Sorry, you are misunderstanding.

HDMI 2.1 would only allow you to achieve this if you play all your video content at 60p, which is really not recommended unless you love the soap opera effect.

What it means is that you will be able to switch all refresh rates (23-60p, in fact even up to 120p when content allows) without having to downgrade the PQ as we have to do at the moment with 4K60p, which is the only mode that can't be sent through HDMI 2.0 in full 4:4:4 12bits (or 10bits). You need to lower chroma resolution to 4:2:2 or or lower bit depth to 8bits. This can be done automatically, but it's not optimal if your source does great chroma upscaling and dithering (such as a PC with MadVR) as you have to let the display do it internally (from 4:2:2 to 4:4:4 and from 8bits to the internal panel bit depth).

But if you play content at native refresh rate (i.e. 23p for film content), you will still need to resync HDMI when switching between various refresh rates.

Note that the new models have a 50% faster sync according to JVC (see the training video posted earlier) and that this can be improved further in low latency mode.

At 4K60, you might need new cables, you might not as the bandwidth for 4K60 4:4:4 12bits is around 21Gb/s which is not so far from 18Gb/s. Some good quality UHD Premium certified cables under 10ft might be able to support this. We won't know until we try.
Quote:
Issues with sync speed are a JVC thing, not an HDMI thing. There are many much faster syncing HDMI devices out there than even the new series of units.

JVC design their projectors in a pretty "modular" fashion, with video passing through many chips and boards on their way to the panels, all these systems need to be synchronised to avoid odd issues with the image, and that takes time. I have the schematics for the old X3-X9 range and the video signal goes through something like 3 FPGAs, a scaler, and a host of other devices. There are DDR memories storing image data in no less than 3 different places in that product.
Im definitely not an expert on this, but a quick search yielded this (see point 2 below):

Enhanced refresh rate features ensure an added level of smooth and seamless motion and transitions for gaming, movies and video. They include:

1. Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and better detailed gameplay.
2. Quick Media Switching (QMS) for movies and video eliminates the delay that can result in blank screens before content is displayed.
3. Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduces latency for smoother no-lag gaming, and real-time interactive virtual reality.

https://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdmi_2_1/index.aspx

Edit: And this:

QMS is Quick Media Switching, which means you'll be able to switch between different resolutions or frame rates without your TV dropping to black for many, many seconds.

https://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-1-i...-about-it-now/
Manni01 and placematts like this.

Last edited by Drexler; 10-30-2018 at 08:05 AM.
post #8026 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGriffin View Post
There's a cottage industry forming that will hand rebuild bulbs for your projectors for less than half the cost.
This is a well kept secret. My back-up lamp might be a candidate.

HT: Panasonic DP-UB820 | JVC RS600 | 106" x 45" Stewart ST 100 | Cary Audio Cinema 12 | NAD M27 | Elac Uni-Fi UF5, UC5, Debut F5/B6; Focal CMS Sub
STEREO: [Shunyata Denali] Playback Designs MPS-5 (fully upgraded) | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 ES | Focal Diablo Utopia III DEN: 60" Panasonic VT60
post #8027 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 329 Post(s)
Quoted: 5443 Post(s)
Liked: 5649
Quote:
Im definitely not an expert on this, but a quick search yielded this (see point 2 below):

Enhanced refresh rate features ensure an added level of smooth and seamless motion and transitions for gaming, movies and video. They include:

1. Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) reduces or eliminates lag, stutter and frame tearing for more fluid and better detailed gameplay.
2. Quick Media Switching (QMS) for movies and video eliminates the delay that can result in blank screens before content is displayed.
3. Quick Frame Transport (QFT) reduces latency for smoother no-lag gaming, and real-time interactive virtual reality.

QMS is Quick Media Switching, which means you'll be able to switch between different resolutions or frame rates without your TV dropping to black for many, many seconds.

Sorry if I misunderstood your misunderstanding

QMS sounds great on paper, but to me it's like audio lipsync, I'll believe it when I see it work in the real world

If it does though, that would be great indeed. I'm not holding my breath, because it will take time before source, display and everything in between supports this properly, if they ever do.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
post #8028 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 08:18 AM
.NET Solution Architect

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
I was not blown away vs. my X7000 but I don’t think the demo material was very good to begin with.
https://www.lowbeats.de/exklusivtest...hendprojektor/
More likely this is due to the source, as I've viewed X9900 a year ago, which has hand picked lenses and I VW760ES more crispy image in regards to X9900 having 4K UHD Source.
For sure X9900 was unbeatable in ANSI contrast and black levels, but Crisp wise, 760ES had advantage and colour volume.
So I expect NX9 would have great color volume, great blacks and will be even crisper due to premier 100mm diameter lenses.
David Mathews likes this.

Video: Synology 416Play NAS 24TB -> OPPO UDP-203 / Zidoo X9S / Nvidia Shield 4K -> Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 -> SONY VPL-VW760ES -> Elite Screen 135'' 16:9 1.1 Max White;
Audio: DENON X3500H -> Dali Zensor 7.1 Dolby Atmos (7, 1, E12F, Vokal, Dolby Alteco C1)
post #8029 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1343 Post(s)
Liked: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
OEM bare bulbs can be found for $100-140 usually. And you know there is margin in that price for the reseller. The housing itself seems like very basic materials (plastic and metal). I can't imagine a bulb and housing costing more than $100 for the manufacturer and probably less than that in bulk. So yeah there is some huge margins there when JVC sells the lamp module for $500.
post #8030 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post
Great News for Canadian Buyers - Authorized reps are providing free bulbs to purchases of new units prior to December 31 -
Where's this info coming from? I PO'd one and this is the first I hear of this.

JVC DLA-RS1000, 120″ EluneVision Reference Studio AudioWeave 2.35:1 CinemaScope screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Anthem MCA 525, Anthem MCA 225, Anthem PVA-4, Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers x4, Paradigm Prestige 95F, Paradigm Prestige 15B x4, Paradigm Prestige 55C, Paradigm Signature Sub 1, Panasonic UDP820 UHD player, OPPO 203 UHD player, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner, AC Infinity AIRCOM X4.
post #8031 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 09:11 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2642 Post(s)
Liked: 1740
Quote:

I think you're missing the point. QMS is about getting the last ~second of the best displays down to zero. The JVC units aren't at the last second yet for non-HDMI reasons. Adding an HDMI receiver capable of QMS still leaves the rest of the internal delays to overcome.
post #8032 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
Where's this info coming from? I PO'd one and this is the first I hear of this.
Coming from the dealer that took the pre-orders.
post #8033 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
JVC could have done this or dealers could have done this, but the cost for JVC and the dealers would have increased and therefore the selling price would have increased. There is no free lunch. Also which would you rather do, pay for a spare lamp up front and let it sit until the warranty runs out or actually buy a lamp when you need it?
Sorry Mike, I didn't realize I was going to get everyone pissed off by day dreaming. Jeez it was like I put a gun to your head and demanded a free bulb. I regret thinking of this thought now. So never mind me, I made a mistake posting this idea.
post #8034 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikedit View Post
Coming from the dealer that took the pre-orders.
Thanks. I just contacted mine and he confirmed the great news.

JVC DLA-RS1000, 120″ EluneVision Reference Studio AudioWeave 2.35:1 CinemaScope screen, Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro, Anthem MCA 525, Anthem MCA 225, Anthem PVA-4, Paradigm CI Elite E80-R ceiling speakers x4, Paradigm Prestige 95F, Paradigm Prestige 15B x4, Paradigm Prestige 55C, Paradigm Signature Sub 1, Panasonic UDP820 UHD player, OPPO 203 UHD player, Richard Gray 1200c Custom power conditioner, AC Infinity AIRCOM X4.
post #8035 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Quote:

I think you're missing the point. QMS is about getting the last ~second of the best displays down to zero. The JVC units aren't at the last second yet for non-HDMI reasons. Adding an HDMI receiver capable of QMS still leaves the rest of the internal delays to overcome.
Well, the quote did say removing the "many, many seconds" of black while switching resolution or framerate. That description fits the jvcs pretty well, dont you think?
post #8036 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
JVC DLA-NX7 D-ILA projector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gates View Post
Thanks. I just contacted mine and he confirmed the great news.

This is coming straight from the dealership where I had placed my pre-order for the NX-7..

JVC has just updated us on the ETA for the new projectors.
They have been delayed by about 30 days in all of North America.

JVC is offering a free lamp to all customers to thank them for their patience.
A claim form for that lamp will be sent out along with the projector.

We apologize for the delay and thank you very much for your patience.

We will notify you once we receive a timing update from JVC.

Looks like a longer wait than anticipated, but we get something for our patience..
Gates, Frohlich and BruceJK like this.
post #8037 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2059 Post(s)
Liked: 2270
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_vasanth View Post
This is coming straight from the dealership where I had placed my pre-order for the NX-7..

Looks like a longer wait than anticipated, but we get something for our patience..
Wow, so there is hope that this will be eligible for U.S. customers as well (not just Canadian)? You are in Michigan right?
post #8038 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:

So you are in the US correct?

Assuming all you fine dealers on this forum are on the phone confirming this right

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
post #8039 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 735 Post(s)
Liked: 663
Quote:
Sorry Mike, I didn't realize I was going to get everyone pissed off by day dreaming. Jeez it was like I put a gun to your head and demanded a free bulb. I regret thinking of this thought now. So never mind me, I made a mistake posting this idea.
Quote:

I don't think Mike was slamming the suggestion just the real fact of the finite amount of money available. But you keep on dreaming because if this is true that would be great. Dreams do come true.

Also, could you dream that there will be another 15 day delay and they will just upgrade everyone to the next level projector. Then my RS2000 will be an RS3000.
Mike Garrett likes this.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
post #8040 of 13653 Old 10-30-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
It is not a problem, but if anything extra is included, it does add cost. The new projectors are more expensive than the older units, so I doubt many people want extras added, if it is going to increase the selling price of the item. JVC used to include a spare lamp, 3D emitter and two pair of 3D glasses with an RS6710. The following year, they dropped the extras and significantly dropped the price. I thought that was a much better deal, because not everyone appreciated paying extra for those items.
DavidHir likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
eshift , Jvc , native 4k , projector , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page