NEW JVC RS3000/NX9 RS2000/N7 RS1000/N5 Native 4K Projectors Anticipation Thread - Page 305 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13021Likes

post #9121 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 829 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Is it better for prospective customers to remain in the dark than for JVC to simply issue a brief press release? Surely, they have their arms around what they're dealing with. If there's catastrophic concern with their first lamp based 4K design, then they could earn respect, and perhaps future sales, for being candid.

HT: Panasonic DP-UB820 | JVC RS600 | 106" x 45" Stewart ST 100 | Cary Audio Cinema 12 | NAD M27 | Elac Uni-Fi UF5, UC5, Debut F5/B6; Focal CMS Sub
STEREO: [Shunyata Denali] Playback Designs MPS-5 (fully upgraded) | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 ES | Focal Diablo Utopia III DEN: 60" Panasonic VT60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9122 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2118 Post(s)
Liked: 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddle View Post
Perhaps the entire delay is caused by some supplier who did not deliver somethink what is so important to D-ILA technology...

JVC will never say true... just new delay

I got this infro from today's meetings JVC manager for EU.
I am 90% confident your info will be proven right. This is playing out just like last time:

1)Europe learns of delay
2)US customers/dealers haven't been given any information that says their shipments are delayed so they assume everything is on track
3)US finds out there is a delay a little after Europe finds out
4)rinse and repeat

There isn't a dealer anywhere in the world who would make this information up...it would hurt their customers and in in turn hurt his/her own business if they spread bad information that didn't come directly from JVC.
riddle likes this.
post #9123 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
He did say he got it from his dealer who got it from JVC, so he was either lied to or they are correct. So not really a rumor just something coming from a dealer.
And I heard about a dealer (Europe) who was informed today by JVC that there will be an additional delay of two weeks.

Right now we don't know anything for sure.

Projection: JVC DLA-NX9
VP/Calibration: Lumagen Radiance Pro, ColourSpace CMS, LightSpace CMS
, Klein Instruments K10-A, x-rite i1 Pro 2, x-rite i1 Display Pro 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9124 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 340
@riddle ,

I see you posted your source at the same time I posted my comments. Certainly a JVC management employee as a source should be accurate.

Willie
riddle likes this.
post #9125 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 108
I think no one from JVC dont expected such an interest by they new generation
post #9126 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 02:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Funny how the same discussion is had every single time a model is released from JVC. Not sure when there has not been a delay. I rather them get it right the first time.
post #9127 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
Funny how the same discussion is had every single time a model is released from JVC. Not sure when there has not been a delay. I rather them get it right the first time.
My first JVC , if that is the case in the past, they should have learned to lock down their release date before stating it. Its just bad business to constantly miss the deadline you give your customers.
Frohlich, loggeo and BondDonBond like this.
post #9128 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2118 Post(s)
Liked: 2426
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
My first JVC , if that is the case in the past, they should have learned to lock down their release date before stating it. Its just bad business to constantly miss the deadline you give your customers.
It think that's the whole point. The first time was late October, that was their own information. Then the second time was late November, that was their own information. Now there is a chance its going to be later...possibly into 2019 This is also my first JVC and this is the stuff Emotiva does that drives their customers crazy. Don't put out a timeline you can't follow. To hear this happens frequently with JVC certainly doesn't make me feel any better.
post #9129 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 249
I’m a hermit during the winter months... this is usually when I spent the most time watching movies etc. if this projector isn’t coming by the end of November, I will for sure cancel it and hold off for another year. With all these delays, all they are really doing is losing potential buyers and at the same time raising concerns on reliability.

JVC DLA-NX9 | Paladin Anamorphic Lens | Panasonic UB820 | Denon AVR-X6400H | Rotel RB 993 Amp | 135" 2:35:1 Elunevision Aurora NanoEdge Ambient Light Blocking Screen | Paradigm Monitor 11 v7, Monitor Center 3 v7, Monitor Surround 3 v7, CI Pro P65-R |
post #9130 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2123 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankiy View Post
With all these delays, all they are really doing is losing potential buyers and at the same time raising concerns on reliability.
Don't you think that if JVC delivers a new series of excellent projectors that are trouble free in the end, then all the delay issues will be forgotten? Personally, I want JVC to deliver a trouble free product and I can wait a few more weeks if that is what it takes.
post #9131 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 03:00 PM

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:
I’m a hermit during the winter months... this is usually when I spent the most time watching movies etc. if this projector isn’t coming by the end of November, I will for sure cancel it and hold off for another year. With all these delays, all they are really doing is losing potential buyers and at the same time raising concerns on reliability.
How can there be concerns about reliability if there nothing unreliable being released? If anything, delays due to quality indicate that JVC cares about quality and doesn’t want to release half-baked product like many other companies do.

Not being able to hit the Holiday season is another matter entirely. That’s a management issue rather than development. I imagine JVC is kicking themselves for announcing new models so early because it slowed down buying of their eshift models and there is nothing new to buy ahead of crucial Holiday season. If they kept their mouth shut, people would’ve happily continued to pay near full price for 790 and 990 models even with the new Sony’s out. But now that people saw what true 4K jvc can do, cat is out of the bag.
markmon1 and Renerator like this.
post #9132 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
Quote:
With all these delays, all they are really doing is losing potential buyers and at the same time raising concerns on reliability.
Don't you think that if JVC delivers a new series of excellent projectors that are trouble free in the end, then all the delay issues will be forgotten? Personally, I want JVC to deliver a trouble free product and I can wait a few more weeks if that is what it takes.
I’d rather they not produce a product that needs so many delays to to get it right. You can’t introduce a product and deliver it 4-6 months after it was to be launched. That’s suicide for that model year... People looking to upgrade will end up waiting for the next model year and the ones looking to purchase their first will look at other brands.

JVC DLA-NX9 | Paladin Anamorphic Lens | Panasonic UB820 | Denon AVR-X6400H | Rotel RB 993 Amp | 135" 2:35:1 Elunevision Aurora NanoEdge Ambient Light Blocking Screen | Paradigm Monitor 11 v7, Monitor Center 3 v7, Monitor Surround 3 v7, CI Pro P65-R |
post #9133 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Yeah, I sold my Sony 4k last month. Just got a cheapo BenQ off AVS as I was having withdrawal and just needed something to use until the JVCs were released in early December. Now that it seems Emotiva is handling the release of these new JVCs with another delay, I think its time for me to go back to Sony..probably a 695. Just hate being without a good projector during the winter as that is my Prime use of the home theater. In the summer I don't use it nearly as much since I am golfing and generally enjoying the outdoors.
I sold my "cheapo" BenQ 2050A last month. I should have kept it dangit!
post #9134 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2123 Post(s)
Liked: 1369
Quote:
I’d rather they not produce a product that needs so many delays to to get it right. You can’t introduce a product and deliver it 4-6 months after it was to be launched. That’s suicide for that model year... People looking to upgrade will end up waiting for the next model year and the ones looking to purchase their first will look at other brands.
Every year JVC and Sony announce new products at IFA and CEDIA in early September. Almost every year, Sony's new projectors hit the market in November and JVC hits the market in mid-late December. So far, this looks exactly like every other year.

The biggest difference is that JVC said they would most likely have the NX7 & NX9 to dealers in late October which meant early November delivery to customers. But they didn't meet that deadline and so we are back on schedule to usual release schedule.

Why would people wait until next September, just to order a 2019 projector that probably won't be available until December 2019, just because they had to wait until December 2018 for that year's projector? Makes no sense.
post #9135 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1323 Post(s)
Liked: 538
This saga points to an unexpected component or subsystem failure. Pure bad luck. They are dealing with it the best way they can, it would seem. Other than a few unauthorised leaks, the likely of the general public knowing the true cause, is slim to non existent.

Shame really, so many excited and eagre folks looking to explore and play with their new tech toy. Better by far a delay than taking possession of a product doomed to failure.

All will be forgiven in time, but it's gonna cost JVC some moola!

May the success of a Nation be judged not by its collective wealth nor by its power, but by the contentment of its people.
Hiran J Wijeyesekera - 1985.
post #9136 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 03:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by enricoclaudio View Post
Looks like JVC didn't do a background check on their new QC chief engineer and they missed that the guy is in Sony's payroll as well

He gave the money back... Sony wanted him to ship as is, and he just couldn't do it
Frohlich likes this.

Dave
post #9137 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 8051 Post(s)
Liked: 10625
Quote:
This is a major sea change for JVC and 4K projection. So if it takes a little longer, so be it. The only other native 4K projectors are Sony's ( and the RS4500 ) - unless you have big bucks. So if folks have been waiting for more native 4K projector choices, you really have to wait. Anyway, the model year runs Cedia to Cedia ( September ), and quite often lately projectors don't change for 2 years anyway.

I remember 4K Blu-ray itself being late by what seemed like a year and a half - maybe longer. Sort of par for the course at times in home theater.
David Mathews likes this.

Last edited by Craig Peer; 11-19-2018 at 04:46 PM.
post #9138 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 03:48 PM
Mike D

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Thought I would get an update this afternoon, but looks like it will be tomorrow afternoon.
Another Delay!!!! LMAO ! Couldn't help myself Mike

Maddog
post #9139 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog56 View Post
Another Delay!!!! LMAO ! Couldn't help myself Mike

Maddog
Now THAT is funny. Love you Mike!
post #9140 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2666 Post(s)
Liked: 2378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Anyway, the model year runs Cedia to Cedia ( September ), and quite often lately projectors don't change for 2 years anyway.
I'm thinking this might change with the competition now between Sony and JVC for 4K as Sony actually released new models this year again (although no big changes) maybe knowing JVC would have something new?
post #9141 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Seriously, I do not agree. This is not an IPhone (wait they know their delivery date) or a new LG flagship TV (Oh wait they know their delivery date). This thing costs as much as a small low end car and frankly if you are playing in that market you had better have your crap together and not announce something especially expected delivery date, that can't be met. If it is not ready they simply could have said delivery early 2019 and Pre-orders will take place 60 days prior. Not exactly rocket science. Marketing 101. No they wanted to try to take away some of Sony's thunder and right now it is backfiring with most, other than the JVC fanatics, are not happy and have a sour taste in their mouth IF THIS IS TRUE.

I am still willing to see. I may even wait to 2019 to get it if that is the case however now JVC had better show why it is worth the crap and the wait.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
post #9142 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 04:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 266
At least it’s not so boring around here!
Bytehoven and JeffR1 like this.
post #9143 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 788 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Every year JVC and Sony announce new products at IFA and CEDIA in early September. Almost every year, Sony's new projectors hit the market in November and JVC hits the market in mid-late December. So far, this looks exactly like every other year.

The biggest difference is that JVC said they would most likely have the NX7 & NX9 to dealers in late October which meant early November delivery to customers. But they didn't meet that deadline and so we are back on schedule to usual release schedule.

Why would people wait until next September, just to order a 2019 projector that probably won't be available until December 2019, just because they had to wait until December 2018 for that year's projector? Makes no sense.
Simple because let's say if Sony, Optima or what ever announces that they have a laser 4K machine at 10K and will be delivered Nov of 2019 then they can pretty much count on it. JVC has it seems proven that, well if you are willing to not believe what they publish as delivery date (oh and why should I believe their specs) etc just hang out and wait and you will get your projector.

It is becoming clear to me now why my local dealer did not push JVC. Customer frustration far out ways CONTRAST. For what it is worth my local dealer is the number one projector sales company in CO. Now I bought the RS2000 from Mike and he has been great.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
post #9144 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Quoted: 8051 Post(s)
Liked: 10625
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHir View Post
I'm thinking this might change with the competition now between Sony and JVC for 4K as Sony actually released new models this year again (although no big changes) maybe knowing JVC would have something new?
At some point there isn't much " new " - just slight upgrades / incremental improvements and new model numbers. That's what Sony did this year. Epson - even less.
DavidHir likes this.
post #9145 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 289 Post(s)
Quoted: 14017 Post(s)
Liked: 11687
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
I believe you are exaggerating, just a little. How did we get from projectors should arrive in the US, end of October, to 4 to 6 months delay. Arriving in the US, end of October means customers receive around mid November. Four to six months late would mean customers receive middle of march to middle of May. Sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of a new projector.
post #9146 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1612 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
I really hope this is just a hiccup, a bump on the road, to the great ownership experience to come.

At the end of the day, most of us here are only in it for the fun, and my holiday wish would be for everyone to be able to start having their HT fun as soon as possible.

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - Vertex2 - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #9147 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
I really hope this is just a hiccup, a bump on the road, to the great ownership experience to come.

At the end of the day, most of us here are only in it for the fun, and my holiday wish would be for everyone to be able to start having their HT fun as soon as possible.
Good stuff. Agreed.
Bytehoven likes this.
post #9148 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 242 Post(s)
Quoted: 4404 Post(s)
Liked: 8048
Wow. Awful lot of drama queens on here. JVC said at CEDIA they were targeting for a launch around end of October. They didn't say it will be in hands on date x. They said targeting. I was surprised by this as JVC projectors typically hit customer hands shortly after Thanksgiving AT THE EARLIEST. And what would have been worse? Ship them as is with whatever issues they may or may not have found and let all these pundits moan and complain about problem x, endlessly saying how they should be compensated with X and Y and more incessant crying? Or actually delay the product until it is fit for launch to the specs and performance standard that JVC advertises. We all know they are good about meeting their specs, so I would rather they do whatever it takes to deliver that day one instead of spending the next few months reading endless forum complaints about being a beta tester and I should have gotten a free lamp for this problem and that problem and more. I doubt the few sales they'll lose from people on these boards not wanting to wait a little bit longer is nothing compared to the hit they would take from consumer confidence if they released something that is bad enough to want to hold up launch for.

My Home Theater UPDATED JUNE 2020
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #9149 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 582 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Wow. Awful lot of drama queens on here. JVC said at CEDIA they were targeting for a launch around end of October. They didn't say it will be in hands on date x. They said targeting. I was surprised by this as JVC projectors typically hit customer hands shortly after Thanksgiving AT THE EARLIEST. And what would have been worse? Ship them as is with whatever issues they may or may not have found and let all these pundits moan and complain about problem x, endlessly saying how they should be compensated with X and Y and more incessant crying? Or actually delay the product until it is fit for launch to the specs and performance standard that JVC advertises. We all know they are good about meeting their specs, so I would rather they do whatever it takes to deliver that day one instead of spending the next few months reading endless forum complaints about being a beta tester and I should have gotten a free lamp for this problem and that problem and more. I doubt the few sales they'll lose from people on these boards not wanting to wait a little bit longer is nothing compared to the hit they would take from consumer confidence if they released something that is bad enough to want to hold up launch for.

I agree the drama is unwarranted but the official press release did say the following.

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2018/consu...8_release.html

The new JVC projectors will be available in October at the following prices:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9150 of 13667 Old 11-19-2018, 07:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 235
I can wait.....I haven't had a projector since April i can wait a little longer if i need to.
Craig Peer and Dandlj like this.

JVC NX5 | Panasonic UB420| PC Madvr
Elite Screens Aeon Series 135 inch CineWhite
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/ |JBL 8350 surrounds x 4 |JBL SCS8 Atmos x 4
Anthem AVM 60| Crown XLS 1502 X 2| Crown XLS 1002 x 4
GSG Devastator x 3 | Sinbosen FP20000q
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
eshift , Jvc , native 4k , projector , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version