JvcControl - Free JVC Projector Ip Control Software - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 19Likes

post #31 of 39 Old 10-29-2019, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1056 Post(s)
Liked: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
You should test and see for yourself. MadVR can be set to run a bat file instead of set the picture mode. Then you can have your bat file run multiple commands. Perhaps that's more useful.
I don't know if it was a bug, but last time I tried to have madVR run .bat files, it ran every .bat file in every profile that was "in order" before the profile that was actually being selected by the profile select script.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 12-25-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 615
@markmon1

Have you figured out the code for Anamorphic D or do you think you can add it at a later date?

I saw somewhere, forgot to bookmark the post, that someone had the HEX and/or IR code for it.

Thanks.
post #33 of 39 Old 12-25-2019, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Quoted: 6238 Post(s)
Liked: 4329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
@markmon1

Have you figured out the code for Anamorphic D or do you think you can add it at a later date?

I saw somewhere, forgot to bookmark the post, that someone had the HEX and/or IR code for it.

Thanks.
Yes, I added it to the jvccontrol ip codes list:
45 Switches Anamorphic D

You can run that through JVC control or you can pass it through my online hex converter.
https://www.convertthisfile.com/tool...code-generator
Killroy likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" ST130 G4 screen in batcave, htpc nvidia 1080ti madVR.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, Infinite Baffle Subs 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 2x12 fi audio mounted in main chair firing into back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 39 Old 02-25-2020, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 11
@markmon1
Excellent Program. Even a noob like me with zero knowledge of commands can make this work. Wanted to know how to get current picture mode information from the projector and store it and use it later.

My Scenario: Want to switch to Natural mode every single time when playback stops. I can write a macro in EventGhost to combine "Media_Stop" and JvcControl 6A, but projector (RS500) always sets the picture mode to Natural even-though it's already in this picture mode. It takes a few seconds to adjust picture mode, and screen goes blank every time the macro is run. If I can query current picture mode and find a way to prevent change in picture mode if its already on, it will be better.

Thanks.
post #35 of 39 Old 02-25-2020, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjforum View Post
@markmon1
Excellent Program. Even a noob like me with zero knowledge of commands can make this work. Wanted to know how to get current picture mode information from the projector and store it and use it later.

My Scenario: Want to switch to Natural mode every single time when playback stops. I can write a macro in EventGhost to combine "Media_Stop" and JvcControl 6A, but projector (RS500) always sets the picture mode to Natural even-though it's already in this picture mode. It takes a few seconds to adjust picture mode, and screen goes blank every time the macro is run. If I can query current picture mode and find a way to prevent change in picture mode if its already on, it will be better.

Thanks.
Looks like JVCControl has a command "StorePictureMode":
JvcControl StorePictureMode c:\htpc\current.txt

Then you can open current.txt and see whats in it. I don't know much about EventGhost, but it looks like it's backed by python scripting so you should be able to use python's built in file read routines. I think the logic for me would be:

Run JvcControl StorePictureMode c:\htpc\current.txt
Get file contents of current.txt in python.
Delete current.txt
If not in natural mode, issue JVCControl 6A to switch

FYI, you can use the RAWREAD command to have jvccontrol grab the state from the projector for *any* command and dump it into a file called JvcReturnValue.txt. Here is an example in autoit. This was for game of thrones episode 8x03 which was super dark. It saves off the original gamma then restores it after the file exits.

The code example grabs the gamma value using RawRead:PMGC.
Then I load the right 2 nibbles of the string returned from the projector in the file JvcReturnValue.txt.
Then I create a file called "restoredata.txt" which contains the full JVCControl command to run when the file exits.

Code:
	If StringInStr($cmdline[1], "S08E03") Then
		RunWait("c:\htpc\JvcControl.exe RawRead:PMGC"); PMGC Reads gamma correction and saves to JvcReturnValue.txt
		Sleep(2000);
		Local $GammaCorrection = StringRight(FileRead('C:\htpc\JvcReturnValue.txt'), 2);

FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "\restoredata.txt", 'c:\htpc\JvcControl.exe Raw:PMGC' & $GammaCorrection);
		RunWait('c:\htpc\JvcControl.exe Raw:PMGC06'); PMGC is gamma correction, 06 is 1.9.
	EndIf
Here is the code that restores it afterwards using the result:
Code:
	Local $hFile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\restoredata.txt", $FO_READ);
	If $hFile <> -1 Then
		Local $RunRestoreCommand = FileRead($hFile);
		FileClose($hFile);
		FileDelete(@ScriptDir & "\restoredata.txt");
		RunWait($RunRestoreCommand); PMBR is for brightness, then 0000 is 0, 0001 1 etc
		Sleep(3000);
	EndIf
So you can test the RAWREAD command and look in the JvcReturnValue.txt and see what types of values are returned.

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, Infinite Baffle Subs 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 2x12 fi audio mounted in main chair firing into back.
post #36 of 39 Old 02-27-2020, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjforum View Post
@markmon1

Thanks.
Hey, I updated JVC Control to ignore lens preset and picture mode commands if it is already set at that command. So if you're on user1 and try to change to user1 it will do nothing. Just grab the latest jvc control from the link above and it should have this added.
giomania likes this.

post #37 of 39 Old 02-29-2020, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Am I able to add a command in MadVr to switch custom picture modes (User 1...5) via JvcControl? This thread reads as if I can.

I’ve tried using the Bt.2020 flag and the Vertex2 to autoswitch, but the MadVr flag causes a magenta bug.

JVC x790 w/120" Silver Ticket screen, Denon x4400H 5.1.4 with Kef Q100 L/R, Q200 centre, T101 surrounds, Ci160er rear atmos, Energy V-Mini - front atmos, Dual PSA v1512df Extra Gear: X-Rite i1Display Pro, X-Rite i1 Pro 2, Calman Home Enthusiast, HDFury Vertex2, miniDSP 2x4 HD, & HTPC w/2080 Ti.
post #38 of 39 Old 02-29-2020, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyVee View Post
Am I able to add a command in MadVr to switch custom picture modes (User 1...5) via JvcControl? This thread reads as if I can.

I’ve tried using the Bt.2020 flag and the Vertex2 to autoswitch, but the MadVr flag causes a magenta bug.
Yes, a couple guys have done this.

post #39 of 39 Old 03-15-2020, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Yes, a couple guys have done this.
Just discovered this utility. Mark, this is great! I am going to try and integrate it with HS3 to get around some issues with my Harmony remote.

One thing, I can't seem to get any good info from RAWREAD. It pretty much returns nothing, or what looks to me like the ACK response. I have an X790. Any help is appreciated.

Andrew

Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
ip control , jvc projector , jvc remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page