Official Sony VPL-VW695ES Owners Thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 347Likes

post #751 of 762 Old 02-15-2020, 06:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1187 Post(s)
Liked: 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
Please keep discussions concerning street pricing and where to buy out of the tech forum (deals forum only)
Roger that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 762 Old 02-15-2020, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Ah, clears it up thanks m0j0! I have made adjustments and am happy with the settings.
m0j0 likes this.
post #753 of 762 Old 02-15-2020, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 6
distance from screen help

i want this to go along my 120 inch screen.

how far back must the projector go as my room is only about 3.8 meters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 762 Old 02-16-2020, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7281 Post(s)
Liked: 7317
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j0 View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear about it. I actually bought mine used with about 140 hours on the bulb from someone on avsforum. I would keep an eye out in the classifieds section.
There are some good deals in that area. Was thinking of picking up a 540U for a different setup......However a LG HU85L 4K Ultra Short Throw would work even better, choices......
m0j0 likes this.
post #755 of 762 Old 03-09-2020, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0j0 View Post
I have a Stewart Cima with approx 1.25 gain and my room is blacked out and completely light controlled.

I'm in the process of figuring out what I want to do for my first ever Projector and dedicated home theater room! Excited.

From what I've read, with a totally blacked out room (which I plan to do), I thought a gain closer to 1.0 was more adequate? Am I wrong on that? Why do you have 1.25 gain instead of something closer to 1.0? Is it because you leave some of the theater ambient lights on sometimes?
post #756 of 762 Old 03-09-2020, 04:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1187 Post(s)
Liked: 1754
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolausp View Post
I'm in the process of figuring out what I want to do for my first ever Projector and dedicated home theater room! Excited.

From what I've read, with a totally blacked out room (which I plan to do), I thought a gain closer to 1.0 was more adequate? Am I wrong on that? Why do you have 1.25 gain instead of something closer to 1.0? Is it because you leave some of the theater ambient lights on sometimes?

Great question! No, I have a blacked out room and no light of any kind. I previously had a 1.0 gain screen and I thought it was good / adequate as well. However, once I had over 500 hours on my projector lamp, things started to get a bit dim and HDR effects weren't as impressive anymore. The Cima changed that and really brought back the pop in HDR again!
post #757 of 762 Old 03-09-2020, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 13470 Post(s)
Liked: 11104
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:

Need to know more info? If projector is mounted on short side of throw range and screen is small, then ST100 could be the right screen to use. If screen is larger, then ST100 might not be the screen to use. Need to know:

Room fully blacked out?
Throw distance available?
Screen size?
Screen aspect ratio?
AT or solid?
Fixed or electric?
And of course budget?
post #758 of 762 Old 03-09-2020, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Need to know more info? If projector is mounted on short side of throw range and screen is small, then ST100 could be the right screen to use. If screen is larger, then ST100 might not be the screen to use. Need to know:

Room fully blacked out?
Throw distance available?
Screen size?
Screen aspect ratio?
AT or solid?
Fixed or electric?
And of course budget?
I'm building a new house, so nothing is completed yet, but it has a dedicated media room with no windows. Blueprints say 16ft 9.5in x 12ft 8in are the specs. I'm eyeing the DLA-RS1000, but I don't have anything yet. House won't be done till probably Aug or Sept this year. Maybe JVC will announce something new by then?!?

Room fully blacked out? Yes, no windows, and I plan to paint all walls and ceiling black. The carpet is medium-light grey, but I plan to get a big dark gray or black throw rug or something for the large front area of the room by the screen.

Throw distance available? I'm new at this, but I think you're wondering if the projector is capable of zooming out wide-angle for 2.35:1 or something? I put in some measurements on the calculators, and it looks like the JVC DLA-RS1000 will be ok.

Screen size? I'm looking at 125" screen, 2.35:1 ratio, sitting around 11 or 12 feet from screen.

Screen aspect ratio? 2.35:1

AT or solid? Solid screen

Fixed or electric? Fixed

And of course budget? I'm into bang for buck, because I've gotta buy a lot of stuff, like receiver, speakers, subwoofer, screen, Blu-Ray player (I'm eyeing the panasonic ub820), and projector, etc.... so it's a lot of $$$ up front. If there's some reason to upgrade to something high end, I'll consider it if it's a major benefit. I've read Jeff's (UMR) screens report, and also chatted with him a bit about it, and he thought it made sense in his opinion for me to go with the CineWhite screen from Elite (1.1 gain), and use the extra savings to upgrade from what I was eyeing before (Epson 5050UB or 6050UB) and go with something nicer like the JVC DLA-RS1000.

Last edited by nikolausp; 03-09-2020 at 02:40 PM.
post #759 of 762 Old 03-09-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I'm building a new house, so nothing is completed yet, but it has a dedicated media room with no windows. Blueprints say 16ft 9.5in x 12ft 8in are the specs. I'm eyeing the DLA-RS1000, but I don't have anything yet. House won't be done till probably Aug or Sept this year. Maybe JVC will announce something new by then?!?

Room fully blacked out? Yes, no windows, and I plan to paint all walls and ceiling black. The carpet is medium-light grey, but I plan to get a big dark gray or black throw rug or something for the large front area of the room by the screen.

Throw distance available? I'm new at this, but I think you're wondering if the projector is capable of zooming out wide-angle for 2.35:1 or something? I put in some measurements on the calculators, and it looks like the JVC DLA-RS1000 will be ok.

Screen size? I'm looking at 125" screen, 2.35:1 ratio, sitting around 11 or 12 feet from screen.

Screen aspect ratio? 2.35:1

AT or solid? Solid screen

Fixed or electric? Fixed

And of course budget? I'm into bang for buck, because I've gotta buy a lot of stuff, like receiver, speakers, subwoofer, screen, Blu-Ray player (I'm eyeing the panasonic ub820), and projector, etc.... so it's a lot of $$$ up front. If there's some reason to upgrade to something high end, I'll consider it if it's a major benefit. I've read Jeff's (UMR) screens report, and also chatted with him a bit about it, and he thought it made sense in his opinion for me to go with the CineWhite screen from Elite (1.1 gain), and use the extra savings to upgrade from what I was eyeing before (Epson 5050UB or 6050UB) and go with something nicer like the JVC DLA-RS1000.
You want to be toward the short end of the throw range, when zoomed for the scope image on your screen. While your setup will work with a cheaper 1.0 gain screen, you would be better off with a 1.3 gain screen. Though there are not many true 1.3 gain screens out there.
post #760 of 762 Old 03-24-2020, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I have my 695ES connected to Marantz SR 6014 via a Binary balun (B-660-series-4k-hdr-hdbaset-extender-with-ir---rs-232-b-660-ext-444). My primary source is Apple TV 4K.

My installer uses Elan to automate the recessed screen and projector lift, and switch sources (Apple TV, local HDMI input and Sonos). When he connected the IR input to Sony 695ES, the projector stopped recognizing the remote commands. To change settings, I have to disconnect the IR in and then the projector stars recognizing remote commands.

Has anyone had this issue and knows a solution? Thanks!
post #761 of 762 Old 03-24-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurib80 View Post
Hi, I have my 695ES connected to Marantz SR 6014 via a Binary balun (B-660-series-4k-hdr-hdbaset-extender-with-ir---rs-232-b-660-ext-444). My primary source is Apple TV 4K.

My installer uses Elan to automate the recessed screen and projector lift, and switch sources (Apple TV, local HDMI input and Sonos). When he connected the IR input to Sony 695ES, the projector stopped recognizing the remote commands. To change settings, I have to disconnect the IR in and then the projector stars recognizing remote commands.

Has anyone had this issue and knows a solution? Thanks!
If you are using the IR input, all signals have to go through the IR input. You can't use the Sony remote and IR receiver on the projector. If you are wanting to use the Sony remote on the IR receiver, then rather than use IR input, use an IR emitter on the back of the projector.
post #762 of 762 Old 03-25-2020, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1099 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page