Official Sony VPL-VW695ES Owners Thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 284Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #61 of 553 Old 11-30-2018, 11:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
The Sony has its advantages and the JVC has its advantages. Reading the JVC threads you'd think you were comparing a Ferrari and an Accord.....its more like a Ferrari and Porsche. Sony has class leading input lag and motion handling. It handles color beautifully when calibrated (actually comes out of the box pretty darn solid) and throws a very very nice image. Honestly, I have seen many projectors over the years. The JVC has better contrast, lens and auto tone mapping. But if you don't have a bat cave with black velvet, you will lose some of the advantage of the JVC. Also you are buying a first generation design while with the Sony you are getting a proven design.

I would recommend getting a demo of the Sony (or any projector you are considering ) and then see if it meets or doesn't meet your needs.
Hi Frohlich , thanks very much for your anwser .

I have demo a 695 and note very convinced with the blacks .. or the brightness .. but in the demo they dont let me try other settings .. and i dont know if the 695 was good calibration .. ( room was totaly dark ) .. they told me that they had make a quick calibration ... but overral not very impressed with the 695 on a dark room with a 150 inch white screen 1.1 gain ..

I also have a totaly black bat cave home theater .. but at the moment with a 84 inch lg 4k tv .. that have a beautifull image on 4k and 3d .. but i would like to go bigger for movies .. and tv for netflix series a gaming ..
Darknightsw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 553 Old 11-30-2018, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,778
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Liked: 1111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknightsw View Post
Hi Frohlich , thanks very much for your anwser .

I have demo a 695 and note very convinced with the blacks .. or the brightness .. but in the demo they dont let me try other settings .. and i dont know if the 695 was good calibration .. ( room was totaly dark ) .. they told me that they had make a quick calibration ... but overral not very impressed with the 695 on a dark room with a 150 inch white screen 1.1 gain ..

I also have a totaly black bat cave home theater .. but at the moment with a 84 inch lg 4k tv .. that have a beautifull image on 4k and 3d .. but i would like to go bigger for movies .. and tv for netflix series a gaming ..
If you are going to go for 150" screen then the 695 may not be bright enough for you. You might want to actually wait for the NX9 from JVC. It is rated at 2200 lumens vs 695 at 1800 lumens. Also the 695 will have a native contrast around 12,000 - 15:000 :1 depending on the settings and the JVC will be more like 80,0000 - 100,000:1. So if you have a bat cave for your HT then the JVC will have better black levels and better contrast. More like the lg 4k tv.

But as Frohlich has said both projectors are good choices. Sony makes a good product. I just think that it is way overpriced at Sony's MSRP. If you can find it under MSRP then it might be a good choice.
GregCh is offline  
post #63 of 553 Old 11-30-2018, 12:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
If you are going to go for 150" screen then the 695 may not be bright enough for you. You might want to actually wait for the NX9 from JVC. It is rated at 2200 lumens vs 695 at 1800 lumens. Also the 695 will have a native contrast around 12,000 - 15:000 :1 depending on the settings and the JVC will be more like 80,0000 - 100,000:1. So if you have a bat cave for your HT then the JVC will have better black levels and better contrast. More like the lg 4k tv.

But as Frohlich has said both projectors are good choices. Sony makes a good product. I just think that it is way overpriced at Sony's MSRP. If you can find it under MSRP then it might be a good choice.
I m going for 138 inch 2.35.1 screen 1.1 gain elite screens cinewhite . Nx9 is already much expensive than i want to spend . the native contrast of the 695 is so low , it was suposed to be at least 35.000... - 350.000.. now i was thinking on the jvc x790 ... n5 will kill me the waiting ... or sony 695 ... everything points for n5 come much better then the 695 and i can get both some price ... god dammit jvc and delays .
Darknightsw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #64 of 553 Old 11-30-2018, 12:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,343
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1959 Post(s)
Liked: 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknightsw View Post
I m going for 138 inch 2.35.1 screen 1.1 gain elite screens cinewhite . Nx9 is already much expensive than i want to spend . the native contrast of the 695 is so low , it was suposed to be at least 35.000... - 350.000.. now i was thinking on the jvc x790 ... n5 will kill me the waiting ... or sony 695 ... everything points for n5 come much better then the 695 and i can get both some price ... god dammit jvc and delays .
Borrowed this from Kjelt on the JVC board in case it helps. Keep in mind a lot of what you are seeing is the room and not just the projector so unless you had the JVC and the Sony in the same room, it can be hard to make a definitive determination of how things will look in your room. Thats an unfortunate reality of projectors is that seeing them in a showroom is a decent way to make an assessment but until you get it home, you won't really know.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well these are the results from a dutch ISF calibrator after calibration, ofcourse these were still pre-production machines:


Sony 270
ANSI Contrast is : 347:1
Native Contrast is : 4700:1
https://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index....397#msg3188397


JVC-N5
ANSI contrast 210:1
Native contrast 9000:1
https://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index....414#msg3187414

If you have other results from ISF calibrators I would love to see them, numbers from brochures I am not interested in
Frohlich is online now  
post #65 of 553 Old 11-30-2018, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,778
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Liked: 1111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Borrowed this from Kjelt on the JVC board in case it helps. Keep in mind a lot of what you are seeing is the room and not just the projector so unless you had the JVC and the Sony in the same room, it can be hard to make a definitive determination of how things will look in your room. Thats an unfortunate reality of projectors is that seeing them in a showroom is a decent way to make an assessment but until you get it home, you won't really know.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well these are the results from a dutch ISF calibrator after calibration, ofcourse these were still pre-production machines:


Sony 270
ANSI Contrast is : 347:1
Native Contrast is : 4700:1
https://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index....397#msg3188397


JVC-N5
ANSI contrast 210:1
Native contrast 9000:1
https://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index....414#msg3187414

If you have other results from ISF calibrators I would love to see them, numbers from brochures I am not interested in
Those numbers don't look correct for either projector. Something fishy with those results but it is hard to say under what conditions and what meters were being used. Also the preproduction model could have been passed around to multiple locations causing some issues due to shipping all around.

That Sony and JVC should have much higher Native contrast. ANSI looks close on the 270 but ANSI on the JVC should be about twice that.
GregCh is offline  
post #66 of 553 Old 11-30-2018, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 23,832
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6315 Post(s)
Liked: 6319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknightsw View Post
Hi Frohlich , thanks very much for your anwser .

I have demo a 695 and note very convinced with the blacks .. or the brightness .. but in the demo they dont let me try other settings .. and i dont know if the 695 was good calibration .. ( room was totaly dark ) .. they told me that they had make a quick calibration ... but overral not very impressed with the 695 on a dark room with a 150 inch white screen 1.1 gain ..

I also have a totaly black bat cave home theater .. but at the moment with a 84 inch lg 4k tv .. that have a beautifull image on 4k and 3d .. but i would like to go bigger for movies .. and tv for netflix series a gaming ..
Well I have asked Chad B what TV's are the JVC's like. He had said the 540U/790R is between a 900F and Z9D Sony TV's which is amazing. The LG you have is below those two Sony TV's.

--I need to ask Chad where the Sony Projectors fall.......
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #67 of 553 Old 11-30-2018, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,637
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
If you are going to go for 150" screen then the 695 may not be bright enough for you. You might want to actually wait for the NX9 from JVC. It is rated at 2200 lumens vs 695 at 1800 lumens. Also the 695 will have a native contrast around 12,000 - 15:000 :1 depending on the settings and the JVC will be more like 80,0000 - 100,000:1. So if you have a bat cave for your HT then the JVC will have better black levels and better contrast. More like the lg 4k tv.

But as Frohlich has said both projectors are good choices. Sony makes a good product. I just think that it is way overpriced at Sony's MSRP. If you can find it under MSRP then it might be a good choice.
Yes, if you can get 2200 lumens while getting 80-100k native contrast the NX9 will be a monster, although I thought the 80-100k was with the iris being clamped down but we dont have a production model to reference yet.
Aztar35 and GregCh like this.

Lind Family HT
HT - RS2000 - ST130 - Emotiva RMC-1 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One X - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Kalediscape Strato - HTPC 1008ti- Dual SVS PB16-Ultra's - Lumagen Radiance Pro
kaotikr1 is offline  
post #68 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 05:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Well I have asked Chad B what TV's are the JVC's like. He had said the 540U/790R is between a 900F and Z9D Sony TV's which is amazing. The LG you have is below those two Sony TV's.

--I need to ask Chad where the Sony Projectors fall.......
And the sony 695 ?? Better or worse then 790r ? And what have the beter 3d ?

Enviado do meu SM-G965F através do Tapatalk
Darknightsw is offline  
post #69 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,782
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2220 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknightsw View Post
And the sony 695 ?? Better or worse then 790r ? And what have the beter 3d ?

Enviado do meu SM-G965F através do Tapatalk
For 2D viewing, the 790 will have deeper blacks, slightly lower fan noise and be slightly brighter in low lamp. (But e-Shift can emanate a humming noise with unit variances.) The 790 also has a wider color spec with its 2020 filter engaged, but I couldn't see that difference by eye alone on the 750. With that said, I believe that everything else is in favor of the Sony 695. The sharpness along with its outstanding processing and motion handling, the 695 ...well, there's nothing raw about it; it's images are just very calm and very refined.

I haven't tried 3D on the 695.
Aztar35 is offline  
post #70 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,343
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1959 Post(s)
Liked: 2128
I just received my 695 yesterday and have spent some time playing games, watching a UHD blu ray and watching some college football. Here are some high level thoughts (similar to what other's have already stated):

-18 gps chipset now allows 60hz HDR content like gaming to be played (I am a heavy gamer)
-picture looks similar to 385 I previously owned
-4k images are very sharp
-lens has very good uniformity
-colors are very natural which I have found with a lot of Sony projectors that they come out of the box looking pretty darn good
-my convergence was off a hair but easy fix in the menu system
-contrast is plenty good for my needs
-using low lamp mode turns off the fan and is plenty bright on my 130 inch screen (1.0 gain AT screen)
-motion is excellent
-reality creation looks great as I have always liked the effect on the picture

Very happy so far but anytime you get a new toy its hard not to be excited when you first receive it.
Spizz, svpdog, aniv and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Frohlich; 12-01-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Frohlich is online now  
post #71 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 01:48 PM
Member
 
Domcorleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
I just received my 695 yesterday and have spent some time playing games, watching a UHD blu ray and watching some college football. Here are some high level thoughts (similar to what other's have already stated):

-18 gps chipset now allows 60hz HDR content like gaming to be played (I am a heavy gamer)
-picture looks similar to 385 I previously owned
-4k images are very sharp
-lens has very good uniformity
-colors are very natural which I have found with a lot of Sony projectors that they come out of the box looking pretty darn good
-my convergence was off a hair but easy fix in the menu system
-contrast is plenty good for my needs
-using low lamp mode turns off the fan and is plenty bright on my 130 inch screen (1.0 gain AT screen)
-motion is excellent
-reality creation looks great as I have always liked the effect on the picture

Very happy so far but anytime you get a new toy its hard not to be excited when you first receive it.

Now that the JVC's are officially delayed until 2019 I think I'm going to jump on the 695es. Would you mind taking a few photos of it in action? I would love to see the images it puts out.
/
Does the 695 automatically switch to HDR/SDR by detecting the signal?
Domcorleone is offline  
post #72 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,782
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2220 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
I'm in.

After hearing about the JVC delays, I decided to get and just got my Sony 695 and just finished messing with it. I'm very happy with the purchase. I've had JVCs for years, so I don't even know how to even work the Sony menu yet. I did demo the 285Es and the 675ES and after demo'ing the 695, I concluded the 695 was better and it stuck in my mind as an alternative. I'm glad I did. Loving the picture!
Aztar35 is offline  
post #73 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 02:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,343
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1959 Post(s)
Liked: 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domcorleone View Post
Now that the JVC's are officially delayed until 2019 I think I'm going to jump on the 695es. Would you mind taking a few photos of it in action? I would love to see the images it puts out.
/
Does the 695 automatically switch to HDR/SDR by detecting the signal?
Boy, I take pictures like Michigan plays football...not so great (I am a Buckeye fan ). I have learned from reading these forums that taking a quality picture of a content on a screen is very tricky business and often doesn't look like what you see when you are in the room. That being said, there are some links in the first post with some reviews that show images (link below). I would use those before trusting anything I would provide.

Yes, it does automatically switch between HDR and SDR. There is no manual toggling or anything like that...if that is what you meant. It just reads the incoming signaling and treats it accordingly.

http://cine4home.de/sony-vpl-vw270-v...serienschnitt/
Frohlich is online now  
post #74 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,782
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 289
I might have to catch a look at the Sony VPL-VW570ES (695ES) while awaiting the JVC NX7 to gather my thoughts on what to do and see what the Sony's motion handling is like.
Spizz is offline  
post #75 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Member
 
Domcorleone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
I'm in.

After hearing about the JVC delays, I decided to get and just got my Sony 695 and just finished messing with it. I'm very happy with the purchase. I've had JVCs for years, so I don't even know how to even work the Sony menu yet. I did demo the 285Es and the 675ES and after demo'ing the 695, I concluded the 695 was better and it stuck in my mind as an alternative. I'm glad I did. Loving the picture!
How is the HDR performance compared to your previous JVC? Also are you pleased with the contrast? I'll be coming from a JVC 790
Domcorleone is offline  
post #76 of 553 Old 12-01-2018, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,782
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2220 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domcorleone View Post
How is the HDR performance compared to your previous JVC? Also are you pleased with the contrast? I'll be coming from a JVC 790
I really like this 695 and am very pleased with the contrast. Once I calibrated the gamma to suite, I had no issue with black levels or contrast.

If you want good Ultra HD content reproduction with decent enough HDR brightness, then these lamp-based Lcos machines can be good. The 695's processor is outstanding!

Now, if die-hard/seriously bright projection HDR is your main goal, I think there are better alternatives than either the JVC X790 or this Sony too. If you're not rainbow sensitive, then think about the Optoma UHZ65 (3,000 uncalibrated lumens) which is thousands less than this machine, or the BenQ LK970 (5,000 uncalibrated lumens) and see where you can get an LK970 refurb for a great price. I personally know that dynamic contrast on the UHZ65 with its dynamic dimming is very good indeed. I have not seen the BenQ LK970 in person to have personal knowledge of its contrast/black level performance. Those are laser-based XPR DLPS and put up very sharp images.
Frohlich likes this.
Aztar35 is offline  
post #77 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 04:49 AM
Member
 
svpdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Just pulled the trigger on the Sony 695es. My screen will be a StudioTech G3 130 that is 118" diagonal (16x9 ratio). Will a throw distance of 16 feet be bright enough in a my room with some light coming from my equipment racks? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Spizz, Frohlich and Aztar35 like this.
svpdog is offline  
post #78 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,343
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1959 Post(s)
Liked: 2128
Seems like this thread is coming to life with more owners starting to show up just in time for Christmas. Enjoy your new toys gentlemen.
svpdog and Aztar35 like this.
Frohlich is online now  
post #79 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,782
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2220 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR662 View Post
Any word perhaps on how the HDR reference mode works? Also when compared to using Panasonic's HDR optimizer?
Regardless, I would use a good external source to tone map HDR with the 695. Using a good external source to tone map and proper gamma got rid of a somewhat milky cast I was getting (on some content over black parts) at first in Auto and and then gave me what I would consider surprisingly excellent blacks out of this Sony.

Last edited by Aztar35; 12-02-2018 at 06:10 AM.
Aztar35 is offline  
post #80 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 06:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Can the new 695 owners put some 4k videos of your new toys with 1080p and 4k content, pleaseeeee ... really very undecided between this or jvc 790..??

Is supossed the 695 get atleast this quality no ??



I have demo a 695 and doesnt looked as good as this simple benq lol.. is that possible??

Thans very much for the help.



Enviado do meu SM-G965F através do Tapatalk
Darknightsw is offline  
post #81 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,260
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4438 Post(s)
Liked: 2778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknightsw View Post
Can the new 695 owners put some 4k videos of your new toys with 1080p and 4k content, pleaseeeee ... really very undecided between this or jvc 790..??

Is supossed the 695 get atleast this quality no ??


I have demo a 695 and doesnt looked as good as this simple benq lol.. is that possible??

Thans very much for the help.



Enviado do meu SM-G965F através do Tapatalk
The 695ES utterly destroys that Benq. There's no comparison. You cannot judge anything based on filmed youtube videos you're watching on another display. That's like trying to judge speakers from a youtube video while playing on your pc desktop speakers.
Spizz, aniv, thrillcat and 1 others like this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #82 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,260
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4438 Post(s)
Liked: 2778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Seems like this thread is coming to life with more owners starting to show up just in time for Christmas. Enjoy your new toys gentlemen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svpdog View Post
Just pulled the trigger on the Sony 695es. My screen will be a StudioTech G3 130 that is 118" diagonal (16x9 ratio). Will a throw distance of 16 feet be bright enough in a my room with some light coming from my equipment racks? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztar35 View Post
Regardless, I would use a good external source to tone map HDR with the 695. Using a good external source to tone map and proper gamma got rid of a somewhat milky cast I was getting at first in Auto and gave me what I would consider surprisingly excellent blacks out of this Sony.
Any of you owners, have you used an HTPC yet and verified you can sync 4k/60/RGB8 with no problem? This was my biggest complaint with the 675ES having to run games in 4k/60/YUV420 then deal with kicking my JVC on to watch movies and dealing with limited vs full etc. If the new sony's with 18gb are 4k/60/srgb8 then this solves that problem and I might consider a 295ES for games only and pass on the RS3000 this round.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #83 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Aztar35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,782
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2220 Post(s)
Liked: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Any of you owners, have you used an HTPC yet and verified you can sync 4k/60/RGB8 with no problem? This was my biggest complaint with the 675ES having to run games in 4k/60/YUV420 then deal with kicking my JVC on to watch movies and dealing with limited vs full etc. If the new sony's with 18gb are 4k/60/srgb8 then this solves that problem and I might consider a 295ES for games only and pass on the RS3000 this round.
Hi, Mark. I haven't tried that yet. But I think Frolich may have.
Aztar35 is offline  
post #84 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Frohlich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,343
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1959 Post(s)
Liked: 2128
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Any of you owners, have you used an HTPC yet and verified you can sync 4k/60/RGB8 with no problem? This was my biggest complaint with the 675ES having to run games in 4k/60/YUV420 then deal with kicking my JVC on to watch movies and dealing with limited vs full etc. If the new sony's with 18gb are 4k/60/srgb8 then this solves that problem and I might consider a 295ES for games only and pass on the RS3000 this round.
I am gaming in 4K/60/HDR on the XBOX one X and really love the image. I don't have an HTPC so I haven't tested YUV420.
Frohlich is online now  
post #85 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,260
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4438 Post(s)
Liked: 2778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
I am gaming in 4K/60/HDR on the XBOX one X and really love the image. I don't have an HTPC so I haven't tested YUV420.
Ok thanks. I'm looking for 4K/60/SRGB I guess. If anyone can confirm that they've linked that.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #86 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 23,832
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6315 Post(s)
Liked: 6319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
Seems like this thread is coming to life with more owners starting to show up just in time for Christmas. Enjoy your new toys gentlemen.
With JVC's delay, Sony will sell more, no question about that.
Spizz likes this.
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #87 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
enricoclaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,497
Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3600 Post(s)
Liked: 4292
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Any of you owners, have you used an HTPC yet and verified you can sync 4k/60/RGB8 with no problem? This was my biggest complaint with the 675ES having to run games in 4k/60/YUV420 then deal with kicking my JVC on to watch movies and dealing with limited vs full etc. If the new sony's with 18gb are 4k/60/srgb8 then this solves that problem and I might consider a 295ES for games only and pass on the RS3000 this round.
I’m also seriously considering on getting a 295ES and give it a try. My room is light controlled but not a bat cave. I love the picture and color I get from my HW40ES, but I want a sharper picture and HDR. My only issue with HDR is that my main source is ATV 4K and what I’m reading is that you would need an external HDR processor to get the best out of the Sony. The Panny 820 looks like the solution for UHD discs but what about ATV 4K? Lumagen is out of the question due to its prohibitive price!! So what do you guys do when streaming with ATV 4K on HDR? Does the 695 or 295 looks good?

Enrico Castagnetti @ Rythmik Audio - Dialing In Rythmik Audio Subwoofers
Media Room: Sierra Towers w/RAAL, Horizon w/RAAL, Sierra 2s & Lunas | Rythmik F12SE(x2) + FV25HP | Denon X6500H | Panny 820 + ATV 4K | Bluesound Node 2 | 92" Stewart ST100 | Sony VW295ES |
Desktop: Dynaudio BM5 mkIII | Rythmik L22 | Apogee Quartet | 27" iMac| Bedroom: B&W 685 S2 | Rythmik LVX12 | Marantz SR6013 | Sony X700 + ATV 4K | Sony XBR-65Z9D |
enricoclaudio is offline  
post #88 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,637
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Any of you owners, have you used an HTPC yet and verified you can sync 4k/60/RGB8 with no problem? This was my biggest complaint with the 675ES having to run games in 4k/60/YUV420 then deal with kicking my JVC on to watch movies and dealing with limited vs full etc. If the new sony's with 18gb are 4k/60/srgb8 then this solves that problem and I might consider a 295ES for games only and pass on the RS3000 this round.


Don’t do it! You need to stick to saving people from buying these machines.
Frohlich and markmon1 like this.

Lind Family HT
HT - RS2000 - ST130 - Emotiva RMC-1 - XPA-7 - XPA-5 - GE Triton 2 - GE Supercenter XXL - GE Invisa 650 x 8 - Xbox One X - PS4 Pro - Oppo BDP-203 - Kalediscape Strato - HTPC 1008ti- Dual SVS PB16-Ultra's - Lumagen Radiance Pro
kaotikr1 is offline  
post #89 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 12:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 25,332
Mentioned: 231 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11661 Post(s)
Liked: 9221
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post
The 650 was brighter for sure and had better contrast.

White is white and color is color once calibrated.

With no gaming for you, I would recommend the 790 if that is what you are looking at.
I assume when he is talking color advantage of the JVC, he was referring to the JVC having the DCI P3 filter for HDR?
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #90 of 553 Old 12-02-2018, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 2
So , i believe most of you , have seen this video right ?

Sony VPL-VW385ES vs JVC DLA-X790R

JVC wins and is better on the most important fields, and overral looks more like a nice 4k tv with deep black , better colors , more bright ( better for hdr and 3d i think ???) ..wins, but not for very much .. and vw 385 is only 1500 lumens ..

Now, if it was the 695 ( better on everything then the 385 , and with 1800 lumens, released now) , and this vs jvc 790 ... do you believe the jvc 790 can stil wins on any field ??? I believe 695 is the better choice no ? are the blacks of the 695 near the 790 ?

Anyone have experienced the 3d on this sonys SXRD projectors vs jvc ???

I will use the projector on a 138 inch cinemascope screen elite screens cinewhite 1.1 gain , room total black 100% , i will be 14ft from the screen.

Thanks very much for the help ... trying to find out the best choise to buy this week . In Portugal is almost impossible to demo this projectors .
Darknightsw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off