post #751 of 948 Old 04-05-2019, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1721
BenQ LK990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
For what it's worth I edited my comment and removed that by the time you are posted because it obviously wasnt constructive to the conversation.

Its just frustrating when you discount and discard things like reference. It's quite arrogant actually.

You’re absolutely unbelievable man. Who said I was discounting and discarding reference??? I was asking you a simple question and expected a reasonable response in return so we could continue on the conversation. That ain’t happening now. Or maybe ever. I am truly ready to retire and take the Bytehoven route. This place has gone so far downhill I can’t even take it. The fun has been sucked out of every crack and crevice. This place makes Home theater suck with the way it is now.

Don’t edit a dang thing man. Leave it all there for the world to see and learn how it really is with the “AVS Elites” (as they each slowly get banned here one by one to go over to their walled garden on the “other” site!).

Anyone that wants to read it can just see your quote in my post. Enjoy the show.

If anyone wants any assistance with my fake stuff, send me a PM. It will no longer be public. Wouldn’t want to enjoy ourselves and push the envelope here, now would we.

Haha.....”I” am the arrogant one. That’s a good one for a laugh!!! Just keep putting your keyboard in your mouth man. You’re on a roll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 948 Old 04-05-2019, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 475 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6781 Post(s)
Liked: 6395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post
You’re absolutely unbelievable man. Who said I was discounting and discarding reference??? I was asking you a simple question and expected a reasonable response in return so we could continue on the conversation. That ain’t happening now. Or maybe ever. I am truly ready to retire and take the Bytehoven route. This place has gone so far downhill I can’t even take it. The fun has been sucked out of every crack and crevice. This place makes Home theater suck with the way it is now.

Don’t edit a dang thing man. Leave it all there for the world to see and learn how it really is with the “AVS Elites” (as they each slowly get banned here one by one to go over to their walled garden on the “other” site!).

Anyone that wants to read it can just see your quote in my post. Enjoy the show.

If anyone wants any assistance with my fake stuff, send me a PM. It will no longer be public. Wouldn’t want to enjoy ourselves and push the envelope here, now would we.

Haha.....”I” am the arrogant one. That’s a good one for a laugh!!! Just keep putting your keyboard in your mouth man. You’re on a roll.
Oh dont worry, I expanded on my comments, go back and read it. Thats enough of this (clearly) pointless argument.

Back to the regular programming.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves

Last edited by Javs; 04-05-2019 at 10:55 PM.
post #753 of 948 Old 04-05-2019, 11:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 121
I see both sides completely and utterly clear, like a BenQ 990, not too warm, not too cool, not too over priced, but just right.. oh and really sharp and clear, the way an image is meant to be seen haha

Eye fatigue is another reason reference is well, reference.

I get that people want to tweak and make the image bolder or warmer or cooler and that's fine, I do it too. I've had calibrated devices and I've changed settings afterwards and thought I'd improved the image a little more.

I actually wish manufacturers would stop fcking around with too many options.. warm. cool. lamp native. dynamic. vivid.. it just adds to the confusion for everyone. There doesn't need to be that much variation as only one image is reference and then you can 'tweak' either side of that a little more if you want.

I know my phone isn't showing what I'm seeing on screen so it's quite pointless posting any more... I have a leica.. I should really get that out but I'll leave the screen shots to you Javs as I think you do it better than anyone.
CoreyM likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 948 Old 04-05-2019, 11:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Javs, Regarding the images that look way-off that have been posted on here. I went to that Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom scene and I noticed that it looked a lot like the pic you posted, and I realized that my phone was making the image appear brighter and had a cyan shift to it... so if mine is doing that, it's possible the same is happening to others. It's best to use a real camera .. dslr or mirrorless.. but the phone is usually handy i guess
post #755 of 948 Old 04-05-2019, 11:53 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I’m a bit confused at the hostility when there seems to be nothing hostile. Dave why can’t you enjoy doing your tinkering on these pjs while other folks like javs try to give the straight and narrow viewpoint on its capabilities? They don’t seem mutually exclusive but both are beneficial and can coexist perfectly fine, i was looking forward to your thoughts on tweaking and am equally looking forward to Javs report. Both viewpoints contribute to this thread to inform people about this projector so the inexperienced like myself can make the best informed decision. I don’t know everyone’s history and beefs and whatnot but it seems everyone is in the same camp in just getting as much data on this as possible but yet taking pot shots at each other en route haha. Anyways I don’t see a reason why both camps can’t coexist amicably when both offer good and different information.
post #756 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 12:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumlad View Post
Javs, Regarding the images that look way-off that have been posted on here. I went to that Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom scene and I noticed that it looked a lot like the pic you posted, and I realized that my phone was making the image appear brighter and had a cyan shift to it... so if mine is doing that, it's possible the same is happening to others. It's best to use a real camera .. dslr or mirrorless.. but the phone is usually handy i guess

There you go.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
post #757 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 12:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystigiandoll View Post
I’m a bit confused at the hostility when there seems to be nothing hostile. Dave why can’t you enjoy doing your tinkering on these pjs while other folks like javs try to give the straight and narrow viewpoint on its capabilities? They don’t seem mutually exclusive but both are beneficial and can coexist perfectly fine, i was looking forward to your thoughts on tweaking and am equally looking forward to Javs report. Both viewpoints contribute to this thread to inform people about this projector so the inexperienced like myself can make the best informed decision. I don’t know everyone’s history and beefs and whatnot but it seems everyone is in the same camp in just getting as much data on this as possible but yet taking pot shots at each other en route haha. Anyways I don’t see a reason why both camps can’t coexist amicably when both offer good and different information.
This is totally true. Both can coexist.

I think on my side, maybe Dave doesn't realise how uptight and seemingly personally offended he gets when we talk about reference and actually he is the one who feels threatened that not everybody likes what he is doing regarding harpervision.

His settings are not reference, and that's totally OK, ive actually said this a number of times, I know he has too, but if anybody wants to talk about what is reference, its not a pot shot at him personally. If you go back and read Dylans review of the 990 over on that other thread, then you will see this scenario has played out once before. Dylan reviewed the 990, calibrated it, did a shootout with the RS2000 and said the RS2000 threw the better picture overall at the end of the day, and Dave went on a tirade on this thread talking about how it wasnt done right, he was bias, etc, actually really a handful of personal insults.. So much so, this person went back a 2nd time and did it again. Same conclusion.

People dont have to be so uptight. Sure I made a little pot-shot initially, I actually edited out 10minutes or so later when I realised it just wasn't constructive, but Dave threw the dummy out of the room, so I responded in full. I dont not hold any ill will towards anybody here. I hate just as much as anything when I am reduced to just a 'troll' or 'AVS Elite' as Daves posts seem to imply. I utterly resent that.

-
post #758 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Oh dont worry, I expanded on my comments, go back and read it. Thats enough of this (clearly) pointless argument.

Back to the regular programming.

Which wouldn’t even be here were it not for me!

Quote:
This is totally true. Both can coexist.

I think on my side, maybe Dave doesn't realise how uptight and seemingly personally offended he gets when we talk about reference and actually he is the one who feels threatened that not everybody likes what he is doing regarding harpervision.

His settings are not reference, and that's totally OK, ive actually said this a number of times, I know he has too, but if anybody wants to talk about what is reference, its not a pot shot at him personally. If you go back and read Dylans review of the 990 over on that other thread, then you will see this scenario has played out once before. Dylan reviewed the 990, calibrated it, did a shootout with the RS2000 and said the RS2000 threw the better picture overall at the end of the day, and Dave went on a tirade on this thread talking about how it wasnt done right, he was bias, etc, actually really a handful of personal insults.. So much so, this person went back a 2nd time and did it again. Same conclusion.

People dont have to be so uptight. Sure I made a little pot-shot initially, I actually edited out 10minutes or so later when I realised it just wasn't constructive, but Dave threw the dummy out of the room, so I responded in full. I dont not hold any ill will towards anybody here. I hate just as much as anything when I am reduced to just a 'troll' or 'AVS Elite' as Daves posts seem to imply. I utterly resent that.

If the shoe fits............

Really funny trying to now play the bigger man.

We all know EXACTLY what all that BS was about with Mr. Seeger. It was clear what the agenda was and is. It keeps playing out as we speak, right Javs?

Quote:

Oh, so essentially saying I should have my ISF Certification revoked isn’t “hostile”? Just because I try and look at things differently than the huddled masses of sheeple?

Javs launched the first shot across this bough!

I should’ve never bothered sharing my LK experiences. It wasn’t the company line so it had to be destroyed at all costs. This is well on its way to becoming reality, which is what they want. Gee, I wonder why all these “JVC blacks guys” just so happened to ALL decide to get an LK970 or LK990 in the same timeframe after a year of me saying how good they were? Coincidence?
post #759 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 01:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Dave your imagination for conspiracy theories is actually fantastic. You should write novels.
Reddig likes this.

-
post #760 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Dave your imagination for conspiracy theories is actually fantastic. You should write novels.

Yep, don’t worry “Wolverine”, your secret is safe with me!
post #761 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 01:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

My LK990 evaluation unit should be arriving this week.

I've got 3d glasses ready for it, pretty keen to get a look a this thing.
Spizz, zombie10k, Reddig and 2 others like this.

-
post #762 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 02:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
I can tell you why.

Because there are a specific subset of people, who just sit and wait for someone else to give out excuses on why a projector isnt up to snuff, and then they come here to tell people that these projectors are garbage and you cant get halfway video out of them, and just randomly pop in every day to repeat the same negatives.

Which is then why @Dave Harper gets pissed off, because he will literally post screens and say "Look how good this looks" and then this subset of people pop in JUST to tell Dave how the projector isnt actually capable of shooting a good image, and is actually terrible and that Dave is on crack.

Other users will take people like Jav's posts and misquote them and use them to discredit other peoples thoughts and opinions. You can see it throughout a bunch of non JVC threads from a handful of select users.

Its a bummer because then Dave just gets picked and poked at, while being the one of the only ones actually contributing to the actual on-topic discussion, and also helping other people squeeze more performance out of their projector

This is how every single projector thread, where Dave goes in and proves you can get great picture from these projectors. Then certain people hop in and tell people that what they are seeing is actually garbage.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Last edited by Maestrosc; 04-06-2019 at 02:25 AM.
post #763 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 02:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrosc View Post
I can tell you why.

Because there are a specific subset of people, who just sit and wait for someone else to give out excuses on why a projector isnt up to snuff, and then they come here to tell people that these projectors are garbage and you cant get halfway video out of them, and just randomly pop in every day to repeat the same negatives.

Which is then why @Dave Harper gets pissed off, because he will literally post screens and say "Look how good this looks" and then this subset of people pop in JUST to tell Dave how the projector isnt actually capable of shooting a good image, and is actually terrible and that Dave is on crack.

Other users will take people like Jav's posts and misquote them and use them to discredit other peoples thoughts and opinions. You can see it throughout a bunch of non JVC threads from a handful of select users.

Its a bummer because then Dave just gets picked and poked at, while being the one of the only ones actually contributing to the actual on-topic discussion, and also helping other people squeeze more performance out of their projector

This is how every single projector thread, where Dave goes in and proves you can get great picture from these projectors. Then certain people hop in and tell people that what they are seeing is actually garbage.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.
I am not sure if you are also inferring that I am one of those people.

There are definitely people who despite interactions with a 'group' will just plop you into said group as well and assume you are the same as they are and thus must have similar agendas and such. Honestly, this is the very basis for alot of my altercations in the past on this site.

-
post #764 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
I am not sure if you are also inferring that I am one of those people.

There are definitely people who despite interactions with a 'group' will just plop you into said group as well and assume you are the same as they are and thus must have similar agendas and such. Honestly, this is the very basis for alot of my altercations in the past on this site.
I actually wasnt lol.

But you seem to be aware of the people who I was referring to, who like to quote certain people out of context and misrepresent their posts... your posts included I mean.

I have witnessed other people quoting and misrepresenting your quote to convey an idea that you were not presenting in your post.

Sorry this is confusing to convey without just saying names.
Archibald1 likes this.

Last edited by Maestrosc; 04-06-2019 at 02:48 AM.
post #765 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 02:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrosc View Post
I actually wasnt lol.

But you seem to be aware of the people who I was referring to, who like to quote certain people out of context and misrepresent their posts... your posts included I mean.

I have witnessed other people quoting and misrepresenting your quote to convey a false idea.

Sorry this is confusing to convey without just saying names.
No problem, I think I do have some idea of people you may be referring to.

Anyway, that's enough drama. Both sides have voiced.
Spizz, oztheatre and Archibald1 like this.

-
post #766 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Which wouldn’t even be here were it not for me!

If the shoe fits............

Really funny trying to now play the bigger man.

We all know EXACTLY what all that BS was about with Mr. Seeger. It was clear what the agenda was and is. It keeps playing out as we speak, right Javs?

Oh, so essentially saying I should have my ISF Certification revoked isn’t “hostile”? Just because I try and look at things differently than the huddled masses of sheeple?

I should’ve never bothered sharing my LK experiences. It wasn’t the company line so it had to be destroyed at all costs. This is well on its way to becoming reality, which is what they want. Gee, I wonder why all these “JVC blacks guys” just so happened to ALL decide to get an LK970 or LK990 in the same timeframe after a year of me saying how good they were? Coincidence?
Dave, I've read Javs comments, I think he's being really fair. I think the problem you have is with the others that sell different brands, their little snide jabs that keep popping up in these BenQ threads. Obvious fear driven comments and agendas. people can see that so don't stress mate.

I know Jav's is 'by the book' and he's explained in great detail why that is. He also said if you want to take it past that level of calibration is fine too, it's just no longer reference level. Nothing wrong with that statement. I do it myself. I've had calibrated projectors in my room and thought nah that looks all pastel coloured and dull and lacking bounce, so I turn the colour back up until I'm happy that they don't look like they've been at the beach all day long etc... It's not that different to pimping your car with 'more'.. even though some will be insanely stupid looking.. if you're happy, what else matters right? It's just no longer stock standard..

These projectors need to be put to those tests and I for one want to see where you and Javs both take the 990. This can only benefit the community and BenQ themselves, which in turn gets us improvements via firmware or even new models. BenQ seem to want to listen to their customers. I wish they were all this good and approachable.

Can you PM me your latest settings on the 990?
I can say without a doubt, even with the colour not calibrated, when this unit is displaying 4K material, it is simply jaw dropping. Solid, something about that laser light source over lamps.. I can't quite describe it.. finesse? I don't know. It's just 'better looking' maybe it's the lumens or a combination of things. optics are huge part too. That 'DLP colour'.. eye candy on steroids.
cheers!
Spizz, MCU2, Steve Siener and 4 others like this.
post #767 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 03:00 AM

I should be able to like my own comment, it was really quite good
Spizz, woofer, markmon1 and 5 others like this.
post #768 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 03:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

Hallo Javs,

as you are using an HTPC and MadVr.

I would just know how are your basic settings playing UHD HDR content?

With Windows 10 and Nvidia graphics card and madvr?

I found this interesting thread at another forum:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comm..._hdr_question/

So Win10 desktop HDR on or off?

Nvidia RGB 10bit? 0-255 ?

madvr 16-255 or ?

Thank you!

Last edited by MCU2; 04-06-2019 at 03:43 AM.
post #769 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 03:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Hallo Dave,

I am also interested in your latest seetings of the LK990.

I own only a XBOX one X for UHD Blu ray till now, but would like to test this.
Even if my unit does not work properly, I think it will show how it could be. (It is weekend and I still did not receive an RMA from BenQ, so I have time for some testing)

Also I would regret it very much if you do not post here public in the future. For me it was everytime a joy open up the avsforum and read a new posting from Dave Harper.

So please never say never.
Steve Siener likes this.
post #770 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 05:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 629 Post(s)
Liked: 547
I will say this for the average person out there.

People trashing any projector is crap and just as crappy and maybe a little more crappy are people that just hype a projector. The average person needs to know the good the bad and the ugly and then make their decision. When you hype any brand or projector and people don't clearly understand the limitations and spend their hard earned money and it only performs 1/2 way for their requirements is crap. Just as bad as someone that wants you to spend twice as much on something that only gives you 10% benefit.

I have spent way too much money on projectors and tech that I was not made aware of the limitations. And I have bought the same stuff gladly by saving money and not having that last 10% of "better".

There is no reason why the limitations can't be put out there in a respectful way instead of trashing it and just because someone speaks the truth about the limitation you don't need to go off on them and get offended because hyping it is no better.

Average person be sure to do your research and know your needs and situation and who is saying what.

I love DLP, I will not buy this projector for many reasons and some being I would need to replace my new Stewart screen because it is too high of a gain, and I need lens memory etc for my situation. However if I had a ALR larger screen and exact mounting situation, I would give this thing a real hard look because it has great potential.
Javs and Archibald1 like this.

Home Theater: JVC NX7, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One
post #771 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 05:07 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 235
i dont know who the implication is for when javs say jacking color/sharpness etc.. but the pictures that i took of Jurassic Park was a calibrated 3DLUT/lightspace and then tone mapped with MADVR for 180nits which is the calibrated light output. nothing was added and all settings were stock except (100% white RGB/brightnrss/contrast) which is required to set correctly before doing 3dlut. now of course i m using a phone camera so its overexposing some aspects, nevertheles its by no means cartoonish or whatevr its been called.

Craig posted excellent pictures of black panther of his Z1 in lk970 thread, if anyone can post how the reference pictures should look in those scenes .

JVC DLA X590/RS440
BenQ LK970
post #772 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I ordered my LK990 yesterday. Estimated ship date is April 16th. My wife and I have no sensitivity to RBE (this is our third BenQ projector). Our W7500 purchased 5 years ago finally died which prompted this purchase. All calibration suggestions are welcome.

Marcus
Reddig and Archibald1 like this.
post #773 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:

Looking forward to your thoughts!

I am hesitant due to the reported RBE with this projector. It's often been said that it affects some people and not others, but what sticks for me is that even if I can't see any, at all - I don't want to invite friends over to watch and then worry about if any of them can see rainbows.

It might rule the projector out for me, but I'm still keen to hear what you make of it.
Reddig and ARROW-AV like this.
post #774 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

I don’t have a horse in this race but I sure do want all the horses to race! You’ve been around long enough to know this happens in every projector thread (the black level argument). Go look at the under 3k the same is happening with the ht3550 and 5050ub, poor contrast, poor resolution etc etc. I just don’t understand the energy to staunchly defend a projector. Isn’t the point of this forum to get all the info on the table to learn, understand limitations and inform each other to be as knowledgeable as we can on this evolving tech?

I hope your able to take a breath of that Hawaiian fresh air and stay and be an asset to these forums. Anyways that’s what I meant by horses in the race, hoping all the knowledgeable folks share their findings with us less informed, it is really appreciated. Like I said excited to see if you can make something out of this pj or was the lk970 lightning in a bottle and really looking forward to javs take! Wish BenQ would’ve got keen on gearing this unit or a similar unit more to ht rather than business after the LK970 wave.
post #775 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnaik4 View Post
i dont know who the implication is for when javs say jacking color/sharpness etc.. but the pictures that i took of Jurassic Park was a calibrated 3DLUT/lightspace and then tone mapped with MADVR for 180nits which is the calibrated light output. nothing was added and all settings were stock except (100% white RGB/brightnrss/contrast) which is required to set correctly before doing 3dlut. now of course i m using a phone camera so its overexposing some aspects, nevertheles its by no means cartoonish or whatevr its been called.

Craig posted excellent pictures of black panther of his Z1 in lk970 thread, if anyone can post how the reference pictures should look in those scenes .
It was not aimed squarely at a specific person,

Thanks for letting me know though, if anything it shows the importance of controlled testing if you are going to post pictures without a reference. Its funny when you did post them the thread mostly praised how it looked, but were they looking at your camera phone processing or your actual projector? ... Food for thought I guess.

Now that you told me the specs I know precisely what the reference for that shot looks like, its exactly the one I posted earlier! you have 180 nit peak, that shot only has 107 nits peak, which means since you were completely calibrated to spec you would/should have indeed been looking at precicely the same image I shared earlier.

-
post #776 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWilkinson View Post

I am hesitant due to the reported RBE with this projector. It's often been said that it affects some people and not others, but what sticks for me is that even if I can't see any, at all - I don't want to invite friends over to watch and then worry about if any of them can see rainbows.

It might rule the projector out for me, but I'm still keen to hear what you make of it.
I am super interested to know if I am susceptable to rainbows myself...
Archibald1 likes this.

-
post #777 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I used a real camera, a full frame dslr. But I still could not make my screen shots look like what is shown on the screen, which is very close the to reference. So, I guess @Javs can give us some tips on taking screen shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumlad View Post
post #778 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 07:19 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 3831 Post(s)
Liked: 6254
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWilkinson View Post

Hey Johnny, you can ascertain whether or not you see rainbows with the BenQ LK990 when you visit me to check out the various respective projectors. I will make sure I have the LK990 here and set up optimally, including with Dave's Harpervision reommended settings etc...

post #779 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 07:21 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 3831 Post(s)
Liked: 6254
Quote:

In which case you will be receiving yours before I receive mine.

Very much looking forward to reading your feedback

post #780 of 948 Old 04-06-2019, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jue Liang View Post
I used a real camera, a full frame dslr. But I still could not make my screen shots look like what is shown on the screen, which is very close the to reference. So, I guess @Javs can give us some tips on taking screen shot.
You have to disable all colour profiles in the camera and shoot raw preferably also with d6500 white balance or even better throw up a white screen and use that to set a custom white balance in the camera. All Sharpening on zero in the camera, contrast all the way down, saturation a couple notches down.

The only thing I might do in Lightroom is adjust near black to match what I see in person since it often exceeds the camera dynamic range, or add a click of saturation back in since I turned it down in camera, if I do that once I will do it globally for all images equally.

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page