LG HU85L 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector Announced. - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 145Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
Couple more images of my set up.


Love it!!! Like a previous poster said, add a second sub for symmetry. That's the catch all excuse when trying to convince the spouse of an impending purchase.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eL777 likes this.

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 09:32 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Love it!!! Like a previous poster said, add a second sub for symmetry. That's the catch all excuse when trying to convince the spouse of an impending purchase.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha - oh yes. Symmetry is everything. It makes for good chi, or feng shui. It is of paramount importance.

Can't underestimate its value

Quote:
Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
Couple more images of my set up.
That look great! What size is the screen? Thanks!
ERuiz likes this.
TTBear is offline  
post #453 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Member
 
eL777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
Hahaha - oh yes. Symmetry is everything. It makes for good chi, or feng shui. It is of paramount importance.

Can't underestimate its value



That look great! What size is the screen? Thanks!
I'm using the EliteScreens CLR 120" screen. It's fantastic.
TTBear likes this.
eL777 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #454 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
I'm using the EliteScreens CLR 120" screen. It's fantastic.
That is great to hear! I have a 110" Vividstorm floor riser (which is actually 116" on the diagonal). I ordered a sample of the Elite Screens CLR material, and compared it to the Vividstorm material. They are identical (except the Elite Screens material had a thin plastic layer on the back, but the front surface was exactly the same, in appearance, and function), so I am hoping to have the best of both worlds - great ALR function, and the capacity to make my screen disappear. (At least to tide me over, until I can get a look at the Elite Screen new floor riser...)

Thanks for the info!
TTBear is offline  
post #455 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
That is great to hear! I have a 110" Vividstorm floor riser (which is actually 116" on the diagonal). I ordered a sample of the Elite Screens CLR material, and compared it to the Vividstorm material. They are identical (except the Elite Screens material had a thin plastic layer on the back, but the front surface was exactly the same, in appearance, and function), so I am hoping to have the best of both worlds - great ALR function, and the capacity to make my screen disappear. (At least to tide me over, until I can get a look at the Elite Screen new floor riser...)

Thanks for the info!
You have PM, buddy =)

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
post #456 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Another video uploaded to YouTube by someone with the same combo I will soon have... Jesus, this wait is killing me!

drdoom2k and TTBear like this.

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
post #457 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 01:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Troy LaMont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,122
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
Couple more images of my set up.
Very clean setup! 👍

Impressions of the LG so far, especially contrast compared to the OLED?

Question: is your center channel speakers ported at the rear? Just curious, wondering if the air from the port when playing loud will affect the projector.

Thanks.

Theater: Onkyo TX-NR807, Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12, Optoma HD80 on 100" Elite Aeon screen
Bedroom: Yamaha WXA50, Samsung Q6FN (2018), Martin Logan Motion LX16, Pro SW100P 10" sub
Gaming: Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor
Troy LaMont is offline  
post #458 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bix26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,162
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
My LG HU85LA is set to be delivered by UPS tomorrow! And my Vividstorm 120" motorized pull-up ALR screen has been shipped today and should arrive in a week or so. And finally, I gave my local custom cabinet maker a copy of a sketch I drew of the media center I have in mind, and I should be getting a quote tomorrow. As you can see, everything is starting to finally come together for me and hopefully have everything done by the end of the month! I will definitely post pics of the finished home theater.



BTW, in case you are wondering, my custom cabinet was inspired by Salamander Designs' custom cabinet for the HU85LA, where the projector will be concealed inside the cabinet. And I also will be concealing inside the cabinet, the Vividstorm 120" motorized pull-up screen. Should be a very clean build when it's all said and done.


Can’t wait to see it, that’s pretty much my dream HT setup.
TTBear likes this.
bix26 is offline  
post #459 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 04:10 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,240
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12323 Post(s)
Liked: 9944
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennutt View Post
Needs a second sub, you know... for symmetry


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Symmetry is a sub in every corner.
bennutt and TTBear like this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #460 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Symmetry is a sub in every corner.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
post #461 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 05:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
Can’t wait to see it, that’s pretty much my dream HT setup.
Me, too - I am in the same boat as ERuiz, except he already has his projector, and I already have my screen, haha


I am expecting my projector on Friday! Can't wait. Hopefully, it's not delayed, so that'll give me the weekend to play around with it.
TTBear is offline  
post #462 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 05:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
Me, too - I am in the same boat as ERuiz, except he already has his projector, and I already have my screen, haha





I am expecting my projector on Friday! Can't wait. Hopefully, it's not delayed, so that'll give me the weekend to play around with it.


Technically not yet, I'll get the projector tomorrow!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
post #463 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 06:43 PM
Member
 
tbever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I got mine last week also using with an Elite screens CLR 120 inch. I adjusted the picture settings using some of the suggested settings on several of the reviews and the picture is spectacular. Great for sports, movies, netflix 4k etc. I had an Optoma GT55000+ before this projector which was pretty good for 1080p, but this blows it away in all aspects. The contrast in a dark room is great. It is still very watchable in a brightly lit room (I have lots of windows on 2 sides of the room). I don't have much of a frame of reference to compare with but the black levels seem to be great. They are not on par with an OLED obviously but good for a projector.
The out of the box settings were disappointing and I initially wondered WTF but with after adjusting the picture settings this thing is outstanding. It is silent as well which is somewhat important to me as well. I can't imagine anyone will be unhappy with this projector.
tbever is offline  
post #464 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbever View Post
I got mine last week also using with an Elite screens CLR 120 inch. I adjusted the picture settings using some of the suggested settings on several of the reviews and the picture is spectacular. Great for sports, movies, netflix 4k etc. I had an Optoma GT55000+ before this projector which was pretty good for 1080p, but this blows it away in all aspects. The contrast in a dark room is great. It is still very watchable in a brightly lit room (I have lots of windows on 2 sides of the room). I don't have much of a frame of reference to compare with but the black levels seem to be great. They are not on par with an OLED obviously but good for a projector.
The out of the box settings were disappointing and I initially wondered WTF but with after adjusting the picture settings this thing is outstanding. It is silent as well which is somewhat important to me as well. I can't imagine anyone will be unhappy with this projector.


Awesome, thanks for the quick review. To be honest, using OLED black levels as a baseline for determining black levels on ANY projector is unfair. I think we are doing ourselves a disservice when we try to evaluate a projectors black level by comparing it to an OLED.

I strongly believe, based on feedback from guys like yourself and others, that this projector is an excellent one and black levels are excellent, considering the price and the fact that it's an UST geared more towards a typical living room and not a pitch black, bat cave.

Share some pics!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
post #465 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 07:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbever View Post
I got mine last week also using with an Elite screens CLR 120 inch. I adjusted the picture settings using some of the suggested settings on several of the reviews and the picture is spectacular. Great for sports, movies, netflix 4k etc. I had an Optoma GT55000+ before this projector which was pretty good for 1080p, but this blows it away in all aspects. The contrast in a dark room is great. It is still very watchable in a brightly lit room (I have lots of windows on 2 sides of the room). I don't have much of a frame of reference to compare with but the black levels seem to be great. They are not on par with an OLED obviously but good for a projector.
The out of the box settings were disappointing and I initially wondered WTF but with after adjusting the picture settings this thing is outstanding. It is silent as well which is somewhat important to me as well. I can't imagine anyone will be unhappy with this projector.
Would you mind pointing me in the direction of the reviews with the picture settings? I have my weekend booked to play with the new projector/screen.... haha.

Thanks!
TTBear is offline  
post #466 of 491 Old 09-10-2019, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
chhanthony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 297
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
Awesome, thanks for the quick review. To be honest, using OLED black levels as a baseline for determining black levels on ANY projector is unfair. I think we are doing ourselves a disservice when we try to evaluate a projectors black level by comparing it to an OLED.

I strongly believe, based on feedback from guys like yourself and others, that this projector is an excellent one and black levels are excellent, considering the price and the fact that it's an UST geared more towards a typical living room and not a pitch black, bat cave.

Share some pics!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dear ERuiz

Do you see any light bolder outside the screen? Sorry for I haven't read over all post in this thread.

Anthony

Anthony Chan
AV Blog: http://www.avnewbie.com
System: 5.3.4
Panasonic DMP-UB900EBK, Egreat A5, Anthem AVM60, Krell KAV2250 X 2, Theater Amplifier Standard, M&K S-150 X 5, SS150 X 4, Martin Logan Descent-i and Thiel SS 2, SS2.2 and SI 1 Integrator, Benq HT1075, JK 126" Fixed Screen N4-FL/W1
chhanthony is offline  
post #467 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 04:25 AM
Senior Member
 
steevo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Posts: 369
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Dear ERuiz

Do you see any light bolder outside the screen? Sorry for I haven't read over all post in this thread.

Anthony
Is an ALR necessary with a UST if one has good light control? Do these projectors bounce more light off the screen than a normal projector?

Some guy
steevo123 is offline  
post #468 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 04:38 AM
Member
 
tbever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Here are a couple of the reviews I used to derive the picture settings. I found they both produced great results but I tended to like the second one's settings more esp re contrast settings. I am still playing with them



https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...jector-review/


https://www.projectorreviews.com/rev...r-living-room/
TTBear likes this.
tbever is offline  
post #469 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Dear ERuiz

Do you see any light bolder outside the screen? Sorry for I haven't read over all post in this thread.

Anthony

I still don't have the projector, so I can't really tell you. Mine is set to be delivered today while the screen is set to be delivered on Friday. I'll most likely be able to tell you during the weekend.


Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo123 View Post
Is an ALR necessary with a UST if one has good light control? Do these projectors bounce more light off the screen than a normal projector?

From what I have been reading, yes, an ALR is HIGHLY recommended, especially one specifically designed for UST projectors.
chhanthony likes this.

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
post #470 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 06:01 AM
Member
 
eL777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Dear ERuiz

Do you see any light bolder outside the screen? Sorry for I haven't read over all post in this thread.

Anthony
There is a light border around the screen that I could not get rid of with adjusting via keystone or moving the projector. This border is more apparent with black screens (black bars) or dark scenes in general. I did solve the issue by using LED strips behind the screen for bias lighting.
chhanthony likes this.
eL777 is offline  
post #471 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 06:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbever View Post
Here are a couple of the reviews I used to derive the picture settings. I found they both produced great results but I tended to like the second one's settings more esp re contrast settings. I am still playing with them



https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/...jector-review/


https://www.projectorreviews.com/rev...r-living-room/
That is stellar, thank you!!!
TTBear is offline  
post #472 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 07:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 20
i found this short video - it really shows the difference that an ALR screen makes, with ambient lighting present. (With HU85LA, to maintain some relevancy ):


ERuiz likes this.
TTBear is offline  
post #473 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ERuiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,418
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
i found this short video - it really shows the difference that an ALR screen makes, with ambient lighting present. (With HU85LA, to maintain some relevancy ):


https://youtu.be/5OmoMqXfHdE
WOW! Like day and night! Thanks for sharing.

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
ERuiz is offline  
post #474 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 11:55 AM
Member
 
eL777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy LaMont View Post
Very clean setup! 👍

Impressions of the LG so far, especially contrast compared to the OLED?

Question: is your center channel speakers ported at the rear? Just curious, wondering if the air from the port when playing loud will affect the projector.

Thanks.
My center is ported at the rear and I felt around it last night while playing something loud and didn't notice anything abnormal with the projector. It seemed fine.

Edit: Adding impressions. Contrast doesn't compare to LG OLED, I don't think any projector probably could. That's not to say that it's bad but OLED is perfect contrast. Image quality overall is excellent though. Colors pop, blacks look good (not OLED but good), details are sharp. I'm very impressed and glad I switched to a bigger screen.
Troy LaMont likes this.
eL777 is offline  
post #475 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TimHuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 1,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
i found this short video - it really shows the difference that an ALR screen makes, with ambient lighting present. (With HU85LA, to maintain some relevancy [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] ):


Best demonstration of ALR and UST working together yet. Thank you. Needs to be broken out to it's own thread. This will be helpful to many people.

HTPC. Onkyo 636, Polk audio speakers and Klipsch sub. KHO-7 Outdoor speakers. Homeseer homecontrol over Z-wave.
TimHuey is online now  
post #476 of 491 Old 09-11-2019, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
klas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,081
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
i found this short video - it really shows the difference that an ALR screen makes, with ambient lighting present. (With HU85LA, to maintain some relevancy ):


https://youtu.be/5OmoMqXfHdE
man, that looks good, I might have to splurge on that motorized floor ALR screen afterall, damn

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
klas is online now  
post #477 of 491 Old 09-13-2019, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
anthonymoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: ny, ny usa
Posts: 6,942
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
Couple more images of my set up.
Super cool set up. Question - what's the dark line (shadow?) directly down from the middle of the screen?

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
anthonymoody is offline  
post #478 of 491 Old 09-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Member
 
eL777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
Super cool set up. Question - what's the dark line (shadow?) directly down from the middle of the screen?
Thanks!

It's a hard plastic cable hider that I'm using to hide the LED strip power cable. I painted it a slightly darker color than the wall (by accident) but it's close enough and isn't a distraction for me.
eL777 is offline  
post #479 of 491 Old 09-13-2019, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
anthonymoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: ny, ny usa
Posts: 6,942
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
Thanks!

It's a hard plastic cable hider that I'm using to hide the LED strip power cable. I painted it a slightly darker color than the wall (by accident) but it's close enough and isn't a distraction for me.
Oh gotcha, and of course that makes sense as those pesky LEDs are not self-powered

Have to say that the set up on V E's home page video (a customer installation) is super slick, but your might be even slicker

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
anthonymoody is offline  
post #480 of 491 Old 09-13-2019, 10:28 AM
Member
 
eL777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
Oh gotcha, and of course that makes sense as those pesky LEDs are not self-powered

Have to say that the set up on V E's home page video (a customer installation) is super slick, but your might be even slicker
Thanks again, I worked a long time trying to figure out the best configuration for my space. It's not perfect but I like it a lot better than the 65" OLED hanging on the wall (too small).

The set up on V E's homepage is very nice. Those Salamander cabinets are awesome but I didn't want to drop several more grand for one. I modified my cabinet a bit and it works lol.
eL777 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off