LG HU85L 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector Announced. - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 157Likes

post #481 of 535 Old 09-13-2019, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
Thanks!

It's a hard plastic cable hider that I'm using to hide the LED strip power cable. I painted it a slightly darker color than the wall (by accident) but it's close enough and isn't a distraction for me.
Do you have a link to the LED kit? Did you just mount the strip to the frame of the screen?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 535 Old 09-13-2019, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmatheny11 View Post
Do you have a link to the LED kit? Did you just mount the strip to the frame of the screen?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk
Ohh boy lol.. here's where things get complicated.

So.. the EliteScreens CLR screen with the new spring tension design (compared to their old Velcro model) has a much different frame. The old Velcro model frame had a 45 degree slant behind the screen where you could put an LED strip and it would be behind the screen. The new frame design is just a flat 90 degree border that sits flat against the wall. You can't mount an LED strip to the side as that would be way too distracting and behind it would cover up the lights. I originally thought about mounting some wood to the wall behind the screen so that the screen would sit out from the wall a couple of inches. I decided against this, though. Instead, I bought these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Alexandr...6C01/205576691

I used double sided sticky tape and taped this moulding around the border of the screen. This made the border of the screen 1/2" wider but that was enough space to mount an LED strip behind it. Some cutting of the moulding was required for the right dimensions. I don't have great tools so my cuts aren't super perfect.

I use a lot of LIFX products in my home but it would've cost a fortune for LIFX Z strips so I bought some cheap LED strips off Amazon and they work really well! I may need to get some better adhesive though since they are starting to come off around the corners.

https://www.amazon.com/Elfeland-Chan...gateway&sr=8-7

Last edited by eL777; 09-13-2019 at 11:03 AM.
post #483 of 535 Old 09-13-2019, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 734 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by eL777 View Post
Ohh boy lol.. here's where things get complicated.

So.. the EliteScreens CLR screen with the new spring tension design (compared to their old Velcro model) has a much different frame. The old Velcro model frame had a 45 degree slant behind the screen where you could put an LED strip and it would be behind the screen. The new frame design is just a flat 90 degree border that sits flat against the wall. You can't mount an LED strip to the side as that would be way too distracting and behind it would cover up the lights. I originally thought about mounting some wood to the wall behind the screen so that the screen would sit out from the wall a couple of inches. I decided against this, though. Instead, I bought these:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Alexandr...6C01/205576691

I used double sided sticky tape and taped this moulding around the border of the screen. This made the border of the screen 1/2" wider but that was enough space to mount an LED strip behind it. Some cutting of the moulding was required for the right dimensions. I don't have great tools so my cuts aren't super perfect.

I use a lot of LIFX products in my home but it would've cost a fortune for LIFX Z strips so I bought some cheap LED strips off Amazon and they work really well! I may need to get some better adhesive though since they are starting to come off around the corners.

https://www.amazon.com/Elfeland-Chan...gateway&sr=8-7

I’m glad they dumped the Velcro tensioning system, It’s was an issue for some people. Over time I can only imagine it gets worse. Going with a tried and true spring tensioning system was a smart move imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #484 of 535 Old 09-14-2019, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
I’m glad they dumped the Velcro tensioning system, It’s was an issue for some people. Over time I can only imagine it gets worse. Going with a tried and true spring tensioning system was a smart move imo.

I have the Velcro design: it was a real b...h getting the screen tensioned correctly and even when I was done it was a bit less than perfect. I had to pull so hard on some places I was afraid I was going to tear the screen. It does give a nice bevelled edge behind it to hide bias lighting led's but then you have to cover the wires to the LED controller. I was considering cutting out a run in the drywall behind the screen but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Before that I was just projecting onto the wall (with my old projector GT 5500) and although it was watchable, the screen makes a huge difference. I am very interested in the floor retracting screens. I think Elite screens is coming out with one this year as well. The 120 screen pretty much dominates the room which is a multipurpose type family room. I am thinking I could probably come up with an interesting custom cabinet to house the screen projector, center channel, receiver and subs (two SVS sb3000)
post #485 of 535 Old 09-15-2019, 01:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbever View Post
I I am very interested in the floor retracting screens. I think Elite screens is coming out with one this year as well. The 120 screen pretty much dominates the room which is a multipurpose type family room. I am thinking I could probably come up with an interesting custom cabinet to house the screen projector, center channel, receiver and subs (two SVS sb3000)

Like this one in combinaison with the LG HU85LA :

post #486 of 535 Old 09-16-2019, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 839 Post(s)
Liked: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post
Like this one in combinaison with the LG HU85LA :
I could easily imagine one of these mounted just behind and flush with the surface of one of the Salamander credenzas that would also house the PJ. You could have some nice artwork or whatever on the wall, and then the screen could just rise up as needed. So cool.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #487 of 535 Old 09-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 34
What is the max screen size of a 2.35:1 aspect ration screen?
post #488 of 535 Old 09-19-2019, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsform1 View Post
What is the max screen size of a 2.35:1 aspect ration screen?

The maximum size for a 16:9 screen is 120" (although it has been reported that you can go as large as 130" and still maintain good focus).

The maximum 2.35:1 size for that maximum 120" image would be 114" diagonally.

In other words:

16:9 -> Max 120"
2.35:1 -> Max 114"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #489 of 535 Old 09-19-2019, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
I currently have an Epson LS10000 laser projector, but due to having to move home cinema stuff to another smaller room, I no longer have the throw distance for the 120inch screen.

I was considering going with an LG 77inch Oled - the C8 model as it was on offer. However decided the 77 would probably be too small after getting used to the 120inch.

So now I'm thinking about this LG short throw projector. My concern is whether their is likely to be a considerable drop in picture quality between the LS10000 and the LG HU85LA?

I know the LS10000 can do pretty much 100% P3, and that the HU85LA falls pretty short on that - however I haven't taken advantage of the WCG on the LS10000 anyway other than some brief tests with an HDFury. So I don't think lack of P3 coverage would affect things too much for me.

The old room was fully light controlled and the new one can be too, although ceiling is white which has me considering a mid grey screen.

My options if sticking with projector rather than TV would be a short throw @ 120 or keep the LS10000 and get a 100 inch screen and put up with awkward projector placement (projector right above head :-S)

Any thoughts / opinions on pros / cons appreciated!
post #490 of 535 Old 09-19-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by z80b View Post
I currently have an Epson LS10000 laser projector, but due to having to move home cinema stuff to another smaller room, I no longer have the throw distance for the 120inch screen.

I was considering going with an LG 77inch Oled - the C8 model as it was on offer. However decided the 77 would probably be too small after getting used to the 120inch.

So now I'm thinking about this LG short throw projector. My concern is whether their is likely to be a considerable drop in picture quality between the LS10000 and the LG HU85LA?

I know the LS10000 can do pretty much 100% P3, and that the HU85LA falls pretty short on that - however I haven't taken advantage of the WCG on the LS10000 anyway other than some brief tests with an HDFury. So I don't think lack of P3 coverage would affect things too much for me.

The old room was fully light controlled and the new one can be too, although ceiling is white which has me considering a mid grey screen.

My options if sticking with projector rather than TV would be a short throw @ 120 or keep the LS10000 and get a 100 inch screen and put up with awkward projector placement (projector right above head :-S)

Any thoughts / opinions on pros / cons appreciated!
Off the bat, you'll be getting a much brighter image and I'm sure a much sharper image. I haven't seen what the percentage of DCI-P3 the LS10000 covers but I don't think it's 100% IMO, as we're just now starting to see projectors that touch this (the LG is about 77% DCI-3). One of the other things is the video processing on the LG is up to snuff, passing all of the Secret's video processing modes with a 100% pass. Other than that you'll lose out on 3D and I'm sure on contrast but the different room setup you mentioned may be a good trade off for ambient light viewing.

If it's of any consequence, the tech is much newer and it was dawned post 4K UHD Blu-ray, so if anything you'll be getting the latest and greatest.

Good luck.

Theater: Onkyo TX-NR807, Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12, Optoma HD80 on 100" Elite Aeon screen
Bedroom: Yamaha WXA50, Samsung Q6FN (2018), Martin Logan Motion LX16, Pro SW100P 10" sub
Gaming: Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor
post #491 of 535 Old 09-19-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy LaMont View Post
Off the bat, you'll be getting a much brighter image and I'm sure a much sharper image. I haven't seen what the percentage of DCI-P3 the LS10000 covers but I don't think it's 100% IMO, as we're just now starting to see projectors that touch this (the LG is about 77% DCI-3). One of the other things is the video processing on the LG is up to snuff, passing all of the Secret's video processing modes with a 100% pass. Other than that you'll lose out on 3D and I'm sure on contrast but the different room setup you mentioned may be a good trade off for ambient light viewing.

If it's of any consequence, the tech is much newer and it was dawned post 4K UHD Blu-ray, so if anything you'll be getting the latest and greatest.

Good luck.
Thanks - you are right, the p3 coverage on the ls10000 is mid 80s i think, it was the ls10500 that tracked higher.
So that’s one factor that won’t be a problem.
post #492 of 535 Old 09-25-2019, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERuiz View Post
My LG HU85LA is set to be delivered by UPS tomorrow! And my Vividstorm 120" motorized pull-up ALR screen has been shipped today and should arrive in a week or so. And finally, I gave my local custom cabinet maker a copy of a sketch I drew of the media center I have in mind, and I should be getting a quote tomorrow. As you can see, everything is starting to finally come together for me and hopefully have everything done by the end of the month! I will definitely post pics of the finished home theater.

BTW, in case you are wondering, my custom cabinet was inspired by Salamander Designs' custom cabinet for the HU85LA, where the projector will be concealed inside the cabinet. And I also will be concealing inside the cabinet, the Vividstorm 120" motorized pull-up screen. Should be a very clean build when it's all said and done.
Do you happen to have the drawings for the cabinet that you would be willing to share
Thanks
post #493 of 535 Old 09-25-2019, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWK6531 View Post
Do you happen to have the drawings for the cabinet that you would be willing to share
Thanks
I would be very interested to see your final result as well. I think the width for a 120 in screen would be enough to also house a receiver, couple of streaming boxes/dvr, the center channel below the projector and a couple of small subs (svs sb 3000s), which I was thinking of. Did you get a custom cabinet maker or an AV place to give to a quote?
post #494 of 535 Old 09-26-2019, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Thanks - you are right, the p3 coverage on the ls10000 is mid 80s i think, it was the ls10500 that tracked higher.
So that’s one factor that won’t be a problem.
I may have got that wrong actually, it’s high 90s according to most tests.
98% according to hdtvtest @ https://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ls10...1509204182.htm
post #495 of 535 Old 09-26-2019, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12543 Post(s)
Liked: 10160
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
I may have got that wrong actually, it’s high 90s according to most tests.
98% according to hdtvtest @ https://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ls10...1509204182.htm
Yes, it should do close to 100% of DCI within the BT2020 container.
post #496 of 535 Old 09-27-2019, 08:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWK6531 View Post
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbever View Post
I would be very interested to see your final result as well. I think the width for a 120 in screen would be enough to also house a receiver, couple of streaming boxes/dvr, the center channel below the projector and a couple of small subs (svs sb 3000s), which I was thinking of. Did you get a custom cabinet maker or an AV place to give to a quote?
Hey guys, here are the sketches. Unfortunately, several factors in the past few weeks have made me change plans a couple of times. Teething pain, I guess. lol Long story short, the local cabinet maker wanted $5,565 to build me this cabinet. Then my Vividstorm screen was just not up to par due to many build deficiencies, so I ended up going with a Grandview ALR fixed screen which looks amazing. As for the cabinet, I am just glad I did not fork up that cash because 1, that is a lot of cash to dump on a cabinet and 2, the Vividstorm experiment did not work out and that would have rendered my $5K+ cabinet useless, at least with a huge empty hole where the projector would have been.

Also, since my viewing distance is 12', I have to make sure my 120" screen's bottom edge is about 16" off the floor. Any higher and I start getting neck strains. The cabinet was designed for a 20", so that would put the bottom of the image at 35" off the floor. No bueno.

One word of advice for you guys thinking about building a cabinet to house BOTH the projector and riser screen. Now that I've had a chance to play around with this pj, I would HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST IT! This pj is EXTREMELY tedious to get it squared away with the screen. By having the screen fixed into position in the same cabinet with the pj, will limit your ability to move them and your image might NEVER line up.

I have other findings and questions I want to share with you guys, but I'll create another post because I have to run now. BTW, the pj is a great pj. The picture it throws is an amazing one, but it's just so hard to get it squared away with the screen. I'll elaborate more on that later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	daa75a7dc90a67459b450dcf4245269e.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	2620608   Click image for larger version

Name:	da8201a1dfa1faf4d59944e7cf498d8a.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	2620610  
Casey_Bryson likes this.

LG OLED-65C7P / Denon AVR-X4300H / Klipsch RP-280F (L/R) / Klipsch RP-450C / Klipsch RP-150M (x4) / Klipsch RP-140SA (Atmos) / HSU VTF-3 MK5 DualDrive / PS4 Pro / Xbox One X / AppleTV 4K / Logitech Harmony Elite
post #497 of 535 Old 09-27-2019, 09:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Hey guys, here are the sketches. Unfortunately, several factors in the past few weeks have made me change plans a couple of times. Teething pain, I guess. lol Long story short, the local cabinet maker wanted $5,565 to build me this cabinet. Then my Vividstorm screen was just not up to par due to many build deficiencies, so I ended up going with a Grandview ALR fixed screen which looks amazing. As for the cabinet, I am just glad I did not fork up that cash because 1, that is a lot of cash to dump on a cabinet and 2, the Vividstorm experiment did not work out and that would have rendered my $5K+ cabinet useless, at least with a huge empty hole where the projector would have been.

Also, since my viewing distance is 12', I have to make sure my 120" screen's bottom edge is about 16" off the floor. Any higher and I start getting neck strains. The cabinet was designed for a 20", so that would put the bottom of the image at 35" off the floor. No bueno.

One word of advice for you guys thinking about building a cabinet to house BOTH the projector and riser screen. Now that I've had a chance to play around with this pj, I would HIGHLY ADVISE AGAINST IT! This pj is EXTREMELY tedious to get it squared away with the screen. By having the screen fixed into position in the same cabinet with the pj, will limit your ability to move them and your image might NEVER line up.

I have other findings and questions I want to share with you guys, but I'll create another post because I have to run now. BTW, the pj is a great pj. The picture it throws is an amazing one, but it's just so hard to get it squared away with the screen. I'll elaborate more on that later.
Eruiz, can you post more details with regards to the Vividstorm floor rising screen not working out for you - I have been considering this and another floor rising screen but have not seen many reviews. Thanks
post #498 of 535 Old 09-27-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoospiff View Post
Eruiz, can you post more details with regards to the Vividstorm floor rising screen not working out for you - I have been considering this and another floor rising screen but have not seen many reviews. Thanks

In a nutshell, the motor is too powerful for the chassis. The torque it generates when the screen is completely deployed and tensed, will twist the chassis and throw the assembly out of whack. This will make the screen twist and no matter how much you try to adjust it, it simply will not work as intended. Vividstorm needs to either make the chassis/case much stronger or get a motor with less torque.

The screen material itself is outstanding though! And their customer service, TOP NOTCH!! If they can fix these issues, their screen is really a winner.

wahoospiff likes this.

post #499 of 535 Old 09-28-2019, 05:16 AM

Quote:

I have had similar issues lining up the screen with my prior UST projector which was a Optoma GT5500+ as well as my current LG HU85L. If the screen is not perfectly flat, which can be tricky for a 120 in screen, it makes alignment very tricky. The room I have my PJ/screen in was remodeled and the wall has some irregularities. The bottom lower right corner was slightly elevated vs the other corners. I was able to get the alignment close by adjusting the projector positioning and using the feet adjustments, but the image was still off by about 1 cm, so I had to correct that with the digital alignment this projector allows. It does not seem to degrade the picture quality at all. But I agree that having a fixed cabinet position would make screen alignment difficult.

The other issue is screen height vs center channel speaker placement. My center channel is directly below the projector and the stand height is relatively low at 16.5 in. This makes the lower screen edge at 32 in. I would not want it to be any higher than that to avoid having to look up. The stand I am using is a hacked sony 70 XBR-2 stand with a trimmed off Ikea table top glued to the top (doesn't look as bad as it sounds ). I would prefer something more elegant eventually but I don't really like the salamander designs esthetic and the PJ ends up being fairly high with that stand.

Your plans looked interesting though and maybe future iterations of the roll up screens will fix the issues you noticed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20190928_071140.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2620946  
post #500 of 535 Old 09-30-2019, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Any recommendations for ALR screens that after 120 inch that I can wall mount? Or any screen recommendations

What do you guys think of this screen? Saw it on joelster YouTube channel for ALR screen for UST projectors

https://youtu.be/TUyXONVQPVk

https://youtu.be/VbTPaeYt_pw
post #501 of 535 Old 09-30-2019, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

LG HU85L 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector Announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Ajjarapu View Post
Any recommendations for ALR screens that after 120 inch that I can wall mount? Or any screen recommendations

What do you guys think of this screen? Saw it on joelster YouTube channel for ALR screen for UST projectors

https://youtu.be/TUyXONVQPVk

https://youtu.be/VbTPaeYt_pw

I just purchased a Grandview Dynamique 120" 16:9 UST ALR screen and it is AMAZING! Hit member @ProjectionHead , he'll hook you up. My setup looks like a giant LED TV even with the shades open and ceiling lights on. Needless to say, In a dark environment, the image will blow you away.

avsandrewl and ProjectionHead like this.

post #502 of 535 Old 09-30-2019, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I just purchased a Grandview Dynamique 120" 16:9 UST ALR screen and it is AMAZING! Hit member @ProjectionHead , he'll hook you up. My setup looks like a giant LED TV even with the shades open and ceiling lights on. Needless to say, In a dark environment, the image will blow you away.

Hook you up with what? A screen that costs three times as much as pretty much identical screens from other brands? I’ll pass
post #503 of 535 Old 09-30-2019, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
Hook you up with what? A screen that costs three times as much as pretty much identical screens from other brands? I’ll pass

Guy was asking for recommendations on any 120" screen which could be wall mounted or suggestions on any other screen, and that is exactly what I did, give him a suggestion.

No need to get your panties all bunched up, especially when the post wasn't even directed to you.

post #504 of 535 Old 09-30-2019, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Guy was asking for recommendations on any 120" screen which could be wall mounted or suggestions on any other screen, and that is exactly what I did, give him a suggestion.

No need to get your panties all bunched up, especially when the post wasn't even directed to you.

I just cracked a joke! Your clearly the one who has issues with your panties Have a sense of humor snowflake. I only said something because I try to help people not get ripped off
post #505 of 535 Old 10-07-2019, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Projector Central Review

Projector Central review is up. Looks pretty solid. Looking forward to their Optoma P1 review to see how they compare and if the LG is worth the $2700 price difference.
avsandrewl, ERuiz and TTBear like this.
post #506 of 535 Old 10-10-2019, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will be receiving this projector next week for those who have questions.
FlyOnTheWall and drdoom2k like this.
post #507 of 535 Old 10-15-2019, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:

have you posted pictures of your set up?

are you happy with the projo?
post #508 of 535 Old 10-17-2019, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

LG HU85L 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector Announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
have you posted pictures of your set up?

are you happy with the projo?

I ended up returning it. Long story short, this projector is to be used in a well lit room, as advertised. If you make the room completely dark, the PQ suffers immensely.

In a completely dark environment, the contrast takes a plunge and the inevitable overspill will be blatantly visible on the wall. Especially when you watch a dark movie or any dark scene. Bright scenes are stunningly beautiful though.

Don't get me wrong, this projector throws an amazing image under the right circumstances, which are with ambient light around. Our movie viewing habits are in a completely dark room, and unfortunately, that is not where this projector is intended to be viewed in.

post #509 of 535 Old 10-17-2019, 01:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12543 Post(s)
Liked: 10160
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
I ended up returning it. Long story short, this projector is to be used in a well lit room, as advertised. If you make the room completely dark, the PQ suffers immensely.

In a completely dark environment, the contrast takes a plunge and the inevitable overspill will be blatantly visible on the wall. Especially when you watch a dark movie or any dark scene. Bright scenes are stunningly beautiful though.

Don't get me wrong, this projector throws an amazing image under the right circumstances, which are with ambient light around. Our movie viewing habits are in a completely dark room, and unfortunately, that is not where this projector is intended to be viewed in.

The contrast does not plunge, when viewed in a dark room. You are just noticing the limitation of XPR DLP contrast. These are the wrong type of projectors for movie watching in a dark light controlled room.
post #510 of 535 Old 10-17-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
The contrast does not plunge, when viewed in a dark room. You are just noticing the limitation of XPR DLP contrast. These are the wrong type of projectors for movie watching in a dark light controlled room.
Would some bias lighting behind the screen help in this regard then?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page