LG HU85L 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector Announced. - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 62Likes

post #181 of 187 Old 05-13-2019, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae80uk View Post
Looks great but if the price is confirmed around 5-6k, it will be an elite device for few elected ones :I
Is that a definite 5-6k on the price now then ? Just if it is i can rule that one out and then look at what the other alternatives are which at the moment stand at the new Xaomi mijija 4K 2019 version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 187 Old 05-14-2019, 04:09 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
Is that a definite 5-6k on the price now then ? Just if it is i can rule that one out and then look at what the other alternatives are which at the moment stand at the new Xaomi mijija 4K 2019 version
It's not definite, this is based on some internal info gathered from few customers...still hope it will be cheaper but not so confident on that. I am considering the Vava 4K pj, which is the Xiaomi 4k version tweaked for the global market.

G.
post #183 of 187 Old 05-14-2019, 04:16 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae80uk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
It's not definite, this is based on some internal info gathered from few customers...still hope it will be cheaper but not so confident on that. I am considering the Vava 4K pj, which is the Xiaomi 4k version tweaked for the global market.

G.
To be honest I’m actually toying with buying the original non 4K one Chinese version as I want 3D and none of my sources will be actual 4K other than Xbox as I use Apple TV for plex and IPTV and non of those are actual 4K rips
drdoom2k likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 187 Old 05-14-2019, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by niveknow View Post
The screen size is determined by the projector drawer pull out distance, but nothing tells me the height of the top of the projector to the bottom of the image until the dang thing is released and turned on.
So if you watch the video at
and believe the animations... the picture at 120" almost reaches the top of the projector. The 120" picture grows from the center of the display being casted at 90".

@ 90" Diagonal 16x9 we have 44" high and @ 120" Diagonal 16x9 we have 59" high. subtract the difference and divide by 2 to get the height difference on just the bottom and we have a height of 7.5" from the top of the projector. If you know where your screen is then you can put a little margin of error in place with the console.

Also, the image will be adjustable, just like the other UST models so theres margin there as well. I'd say I can adjust the image by 4" in either direction easy on the 1080p LED UST.

I happen to have a sound base I want to get rid off but could use for "decoration" if I needed it. Being that my screen is 30" from the ground and I have 7.5" from the top of the project and I bet the projector is about 4-5" tall/thick so I need a console of minimum height around 18-19" for maximum flexibility because I can add the sound base and I can go up to 21 inches or adjust the image from there for even more flexibility.

However, no one makes consoles this short so instead I will build a simple one or modify one with a solid wood top to add hinges where the top swings open with this hardware with these brackets so I can adjust the top as much as I want and have clearance for video.

Hope this helps. I'll be making my purchase very soon. Thanks to the guy who provided that video.
post #185 of 187 Old 05-14-2019, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
When it comes to dimensions I wouldn't trust anything in that marketing video. The projector and projected image are just 3D rendered.
post #186 of 187 Old 05-17-2019, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So this projector maxes out at 120"? My screen is 125" would the image look bad if I forced those 5 more inches?
post #187 of 187 Old 05-18-2019, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casepb View Post
So this projector maxes out at 120"? My screen is 125" would the image look bad if I forced those 5 more inches?
I have an epson ls100 which according to specs maxes out at 130”. I used it for a while with a 135” inch screen without any problems. They were probably some minor image distortions at the edges, but I haven”t noticed anything. I’m willing to bet that will be the same with any UST projector.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page