LG HU85L 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector Announced. - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 80Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 273 Old 05-13-2019, 11:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae80uk View Post
Looks great but if the price is confirmed around 5-6k, it will be an elite device for few elected ones :I
Is that a definite 5-6k on the price now then ? Just if it is i can rule that one out and then look at what the other alternatives are which at the moment stand at the new Xaomi mijija 4K 2019 version
danwel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 273 Old 05-14-2019, 04:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
Is that a definite 5-6k on the price now then ? Just if it is i can rule that one out and then look at what the other alternatives are which at the moment stand at the new Xaomi mijija 4K 2019 version
It's not definite, this is based on some internal info gathered from few customers...still hope it will be cheaper but not so confident on that. I am considering the Vava 4K pj, which is the Xiaomi 4k version tweaked for the global market.

G.
Gae80uk is offline  
post #183 of 273 Old 05-14-2019, 04:16 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae80uk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
Is that a definite 5-6k on the price now then ? Just if it is i can rule that one out and then look at what the other alternatives are which at the moment stand at the new Xaomi mijija 4K 2019 version
It's not definite, this is based on some internal info gathered from few customers...still hope it will be cheaper but not so confident on that. I am considering the Vava 4K pj, which is the Xiaomi 4k version tweaked for the global market.

G.
To be honest I’m actually toying with buying the original non 4K one Chinese version as I want 3D and none of my sources will be actual 4K other than Xbox as I use Apple TV for plex and IPTV and non of those are actual 4K rips
drdoom2k likes this.
danwel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #184 of 273 Old 05-14-2019, 06:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by niveknow View Post
The screen size is determined by the projector drawer pull out distance, but nothing tells me the height of the top of the projector to the bottom of the image until the dang thing is released and turned on.
So if you watch the video at
and believe the animations... the picture at 120" almost reaches the top of the projector. The 120" picture grows from the center of the display being casted at 90".

@ 90" Diagonal 16x9 we have 44" high and @ 120" Diagonal 16x9 we have 59" high. subtract the difference and divide by 2 to get the height difference on just the bottom and we have a height of 7.5" from the top of the projector. If you know where your screen is then you can put a little margin of error in place with the console.

Also, the image will be adjustable, just like the other UST models so theres margin there as well. I'd say I can adjust the image by 4" in either direction easy on the 1080p LED UST.

I happen to have a sound base I want to get rid off but could use for "decoration" if I needed it. Being that my screen is 30" from the ground and I have 7.5" from the top of the project and I bet the projector is about 4-5" tall/thick so I need a console of minimum height around 18-19" for maximum flexibility because I can add the sound base and I can go up to 21 inches or adjust the image from there for even more flexibility.

However, no one makes consoles this short so instead I will build a simple one or modify one with a solid wood top to add hinges where the top swings open with this hardware with these brackets so I can adjust the top as much as I want and have clearance for video.

Hope this helps. I'll be making my purchase very soon. Thanks to the guy who provided that video.
claywd is offline  
post #185 of 273 Old 05-14-2019, 08:15 PM
Member
 
Mikkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 85
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 14
When it comes to dimensions I wouldn't trust anything in that marketing video. The projector and projected image are just 3D rendered.
Mikkle is offline  
post #186 of 273 Old 05-17-2019, 11:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So this projector maxes out at 120"? My screen is 125" would the image look bad if I forced those 5 more inches?
Casepb is offline  
post #187 of 273 Old 05-18-2019, 08:52 PM
Member
 
tambur123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Romania
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casepb View Post
So this projector maxes out at 120"? My screen is 125" would the image look bad if I forced those 5 more inches?
I have an epson ls100 which according to specs maxes out at 130”. I used it for a while with a 135” inch screen without any problems. They were probably some minor image distortions at the edges, but I haven”t noticed anything. I’m willing to bet that will be the same with any UST projector.
tambur123 is offline  
post #188 of 273 Old 05-23-2019, 03:09 AM
Member
 
Derek J's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I currently own an HU80ka lg cinabeam but I just wasnt to happy with the picture quality for 2500 lumens. Hopefully this projector will deliver a deeper picture quality.
Derek J is offline  
post #189 of 273 Old 05-28-2019, 04:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
And I guess rumours were right...

Link below from a U.S. retailer with launch date end of Aug and retail price of $5.999...
https://www.*********************/HU...projector.html

Elite pricing/positioning...I am out :I

G.
Gae80uk is offline  
post #190 of 273 Old 05-28-2019, 04:25 AM
Senior Member
 
dbpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae80uk View Post
And I guess rumours were right...



Link below from a U.S. retailer with launch date end of Aug and retail price of $5.999...

https://www.*********************/HU...projector.html



Elite pricing/positioning...I am out :I



G.
Because no retailer posts a ridiculous price prior to launch and availability. Doesn't mean that's an accurate price. And that's most likely value electronics I'm guessing.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
dbpaddler is offline  
post #191 of 273 Old 05-28-2019, 04:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
Because no retailer posts a ridiculous price prior to launch and availability. Doesn't mean that's an accurate price. And that's most likely value electronics I'm guessing.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Really hope so...
Gae80uk is offline  
post #192 of 273 Old 05-28-2019, 05:06 AM
Senior Member
 
dbpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae80uk View Post
Really hope so...
Best buy does that consistently actually. So fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
dbpaddler is offline  
post #193 of 273 Old 05-28-2019, 02:03 PM
Member
 
niveknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
Best buy does that consistently actually. So fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Getting impatient here waiting for this LG vs UHZ65UST. The impatience may just pushed me to the Mijia 4k and call it a day. =)
niveknow is offline  
post #194 of 273 Old 05-28-2019, 04:36 PM
Member
 
juic-E-juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by niveknow View Post
Getting impatient here waiting for this LG vs UHZ65UST. The impatience may just pushed me to the Mijia 4k and call it a day. =)


Given what the rumors are, I’m fearful that we will all suffer sticker shock when these projectors FINALLY arrive. I would have already purchased the Mijia if its input lag wasn’t so atrocious, but I’m not holding my breath that these will be any better. InFocus seems to be hearing our cries, and they have a UST on the way as well. Hopefully they can merge their ultra low lag with their UST in time for launch. But anything above 3.5 grand and I’ve got a lot of high end traditional projectors that will compete for my dollars, especially after you factor in the additional cost of an ALR screen.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
juic-E-juice is offline  
post #195 of 273 Old 05-28-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Troy LaMont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,080
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Wired UK has an article dated from 5/4/19 here where the HU85L is listed at only $2,999 (guessing UK pounds) which would translate to about $3,800 US which is about where I was thinking this projector would fall!

Hope is still alive! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HU85L web uk web posting.png
Views:	90
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	2572900  

Onkyo TX-NR807
Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12
Optoma HD80 on 106" Elite Aeon Cine grey, Samsung Q6FN (2018)
Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor
Troy LaMont is offline  
post #196 of 273 Old 05-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
dbpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy LaMont View Post
Wired UK has an article dated from 5/4/19 here where the HU85L is listed at only $2,999 (guessing UK pounds) which would translate to about $3,800 US which is about where I was thinking this projector would fall!



Hope is still alive! LOL
Wouldn't it be listed with the £ sign and not $ if it were in pounds? Or is it common in the UK to interchange like that?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
dbpaddler is offline  
post #197 of 273 Old 05-29-2019, 07:48 AM
Member
 
niveknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
Wouldn't it be listed with the £ sign and not $ if it were in pounds? Or is it common in the UK to interchange like that?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
I'm with dbpaddler on the currency sign. It does infer USD which $2999 will keep me in the game for a wait. If it comes out at $3999, I'll be looking to see what the latest Mijia will be offering. I swear I think these vendors are playing the waiting game to see what their competitors do first from a pricing perspective.
Wesley Hester likes this.
niveknow is offline  
post #198 of 273 Old 05-29-2019, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Troy LaMont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,080
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
Wouldn't it be listed with the £ sign and not $ if it were in pounds? Or is it common in the UK to interchange like that?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Looking at the remainder of the listings for products on that page they do have a mix of £ and $ so I'm not sure. 😮

But either way, that's a much better range than what we're hearing elsewhere.

Stay tuned.

Onkyo TX-NR807
Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12
Optoma HD80 on 106" Elite Aeon Cine grey, Samsung Q6FN (2018)
Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor
Troy LaMont is offline  
post #199 of 273 Old 06-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Newbie
 
ZAPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
One of the owners of Value Electronics out of Scarsdale, NY states on Blu-Ray's forums he'll have demo's August 24th. Believes the price to be $5,999.

BLURAYDOTCOM/showpost.php?p=16479091&postcount=21
ZAPH is online now  
post #200 of 273 Old 06-05-2019, 04:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Troy LaMont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,080
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAPH View Post
One of the owners of Value Electronics out of Scarsdale, NY states on Blu-Ray's forums he'll have demo's August 24th. Believes the price to be $5,999.

BLURAYDOTCOM/showpost.php?p=16479091&postcount=21
Believing and knowing are two different things! LOL 😆😀

Looking through the posts and Robert states emphatically that "LG's new HU85LA is a native full 4K HDR chipset, it is not an e-shift chip. I confirmed this with LG's engineer in charge of projectors" which everyone knows is pure fallacy. He's a sales guy and it's 100% possible he may not have all the answers so the pricing he has may again be a placeholder!
ZAPH likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR807
Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12
Optoma HD80 on 106" Elite Aeon Cine grey, Samsung Q6FN (2018)
Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor

Last edited by Troy LaMont; 06-05-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Troy LaMont is offline  
post #201 of 273 Old 06-05-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,666
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy LaMont View Post
Believing and knowing are two different things! LOL 😆😀

Looking through the posts and Robert states emphatically that "LG's new HU85LA is a native full 4K HDR chipset, it is not an e-shift chip. I confirmed this with LG's engineer in charge of projectors" which everyone knows is pure fallacy. He's a sales guy and it's 100% possible he may not have all the answers so the pricing he has may again be a placeholder!
Could he be carefully using the word "e-shift" as in Epson and JVC?

Jack
JackB is online now  
post #202 of 273 Old 06-06-2019, 10:03 AM
Senior Member
 
dbpaddler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 361
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Well my barber's father's son went to school with this guy that's the mailman for LG headquarters who said he delivered some marketing literature that had the MSRP on it and that it was $2999. He's pretty reliable, through rain, snow, sleet and the dark of night.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Troy LaMont and drdoom2k like this.
dbpaddler is offline  
post #203 of 273 Old 06-06-2019, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,666
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1351 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbpaddler View Post
Well my barber's father's son went to school with this guy that's the mailman for LG headquarters who said he delivered some marketing literature that had the MSRP on it and that it was $2999. He's pretty reliable, through rain, snow, sleet and the dark of night.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Now that's about the best source for a rumor that can be imagined. Classic!
dbpaddler likes this.

Jack
JackB is online now  
post #204 of 273 Old 06-07-2019, 02:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Now that's about the best source for a rumor that can be imagined. Classic!
That's an instant buy if it really is $3k to be honest (expecting that thing to outperform all other USTs in that price-range)!
drdoom2k is offline  
post #205 of 273 Old 06-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 7
We don't use $ and £ interchangeably in the UK. $ is only used for dollars.

But in any case with electronic goods our prices tend to end up at roughly the same numerical number. A $3000 projector is likely to cost us £3000, this is because although $1 is worth less than £1 less we pay 20% VAT as well as often having a higher pre-tax price.
Troy LaMont likes this.
Mega_Maniac is offline  
post #206 of 273 Old 06-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
BenPlace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Where can I purchase the Xiaomi 4k UST laser projector and make sure its the 2019 model with native 4k?
I see a lot out there but none say if its the 2019 model or not.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ben
BenPlace is offline  
post #207 of 273 Old 06-11-2019, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
klas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
Where can I purchase the Xiaomi 4k UST laser projector and make sure its the 2019 model with native 4k?
I see a lot out there but none say if its the 2019 model or not.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ben
Don't know... I am shopping around for 85" Sony TV. Have you seen any good deals? Perhaps last year model is cheaper.... Can't seem to figure out by looking through this thread.... All they seem to be talking about some LG but I don't care much for this brand.

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
klas is offline  
post #208 of 273 Old 06-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 67
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
Don't know... I am shopping around for 85" Sony TV. Have you seen any good deals? Perhaps last year model is cheaper.... Can't seem to figure out by looking through this thread.... All they seem to be talking about some LG but I don't care much for this brand.


Troll Level: Weak AF


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
J Bone is offline  
post #209 of 273 Old 06-12-2019, 06:17 AM
Senior Member
 
BenPlace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by klas View Post
Don't know... I am shopping around for 85" Sony TV. Have you seen any good deals? Perhaps last year model is cheaper.... Can't seem to figure out by looking through this thread.... All they seem to be talking about some LG but I don't care much for this brand.
Thats odd, I could swear I was in the Xiaomi thread when I posted this. I apologize.
BenPlace is offline  
post #210 of 273 Old 06-12-2019, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
klas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,024
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
Thats odd, I could swear I was in the Xiaomi thread when I posted this. I apologize.
haha, no worries, I figured you might be looking at the same two threads everyone else is looking who is interested in USTs

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
klas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off