BenQ LK990 Owners Thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 534Likes

post #451 of 805 Old 05-13-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4639 Post(s)
Liked: 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by timgrady View Post
This is pretty tempting. I've got 3x HTPCs and/or servers that I built, but none have decent video cards today. I take it that Nvidia cards are preferred to AMD for MadVR? Given the price of these Panasonic players, it might be cheaper for me to build a MadVR setup re-using existing parts than buy a new 4K BluRay player with tone mapping.

Tim
I haven't used an AMD video card in many years. All nvidia here. I think most people doing HDR tone mapping and upscaling is using nvidia.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 805 Old 05-13-2019, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Well my 990 arrived today.

My HT build has been a nightmare and so Im not even painting until the weekend... prob gonna have to wait until after I paint to do any testing of it =(.

Box is wicked huge tho lmao, good thing Ive been doing a ****load of squats and deadlifts or loading this box would have kinda sucked lol. Also Im glad I drive a Crossover... idk if this would have fit in my mini cooper or mustang.
post #453 of 805 Old 05-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 387
Good luck with the unit. I hope you enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestrosc View Post
Well my 990 arrived today.

My HT build has been a nightmare and so Im not even painting until the weekend... prob gonna have to wait until after I paint to do any testing of it =(.

Box is wicked huge tho lmao, good thing Ive been doing a ****load of squats and deadlifts or loading this box would have kinda sucked lol. Also Im glad I drive a Crossover... idk if this would have fit in my mini cooper or mustang.
Maestrosc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 805 Old 05-14-2019, 03:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I've owned the LK990 for three weeks now. Overall, I love the projector right out of the box. It is a beast and I have not come up with a mounting solution that will support it yet. Currently, I have it on a cart (front tabletop configuration). I've played around with projector settings but have not come up with a "final" set of settings. Currently, Picture Mode: Cinema, Gamma 2.4, Brilliant Color: On, Light source mode: Smart Eco. No rainbows and no banding issues. I have three 4k HDR discs and 4K HDR streaming. When playing these sources the projector goes in to HDR mode and uses BT. 2020.

I do have two issues.

First, there are about a dozen white dots in the center towards the bottom of the screen during white scenes. I believe these are stuck mirrors and is a problem with the DLP chip. I will contact BenQ and likely have to send it to them for repair. I may wait for a while (just in case there is a firmware update). It is not terribly distracting.

Second, I have three sources all running through my pre/pro Marantz AV8805, Dish receiver, Nvidia Shield, and my HTPC. Both the Dish receiver and Shield communicate with the projector just fine (including 4K HDR content). My HTPC (using an Nvidia GTX 1080 video card) is having communication issues (which makes me sad because it is time consuming to figure out the problem). When using my HTPC the display will go blank and back on. Going blank is identical to using the pj remote and making a setting change. The display may come back on rapidly or take a minute or two. The issue goes away after a while. Once everything settles down, I am able to watch a 4K HDR movie (copied from a 4K disc to my harddrive). Weird.

My HTPC has MadVR as part of JRiver Media Center. I have not used MadVR because I do not understand how to use it yet. Plus, I am having this display issue which needs to get resolved. I hope to use settings offered by other forum members at some point in the future.

Marcus
Dave Harper and Maestrosc like this.
post #455 of 805 Old 05-14-2019, 03:41 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Pilot View Post
When using my HTPC the display will go blank and back on. Going blank is identical to using the pj remote and making a setting change. The display may come back on rapidly or take a minute or two. The issue goes away after a while. Once everything settles down, I am able to watch a 4K HDR movie (copied from a 4K disc to my harddrive). Weird.
This happens exactly when ? after login, while loading desktop ? while browsing internet ?
post #456 of 805 Old 05-14-2019, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by latexii View Post
This happens exactly when ? after login, while loading desktop ? while browsing internet ?
My HTPC pretty much stays on 24/7 (using a 4K desktop monitor which I turn off before turning on the pj). The issue comes up using any application (Google chrome, netflix app, JRiver Media Center). I have rebooted (using the pj as my display) to see if that's the issue, no luck. I've exited running programs and uninstalled several unnecessary programs, all no luck. This morning I have not had any blanking at all, including using JRiver MC. I just completed an Audyssey setup and am about to use the home theater. If the issue comes up I will try more trouble shooting. I do have spare HDMI cables so I may swap out the cable running from my PC to the Marantz AV8805. Random issues are the most vexing! ...and I really don't want to do a clean install of windows 10.
post #457 of 805 Old 05-14-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My HTPC pretty much stays on 24/7 (using a 4K desktop monitor which I turn off before turning on the pj). The issue comes up using any application (Google chrome, netflix app, JRiver Media Center). I have rebooted (using the pj as my display) to see if that's the issue, no luck. I've exited running programs and uninstalled several unnecessary programs, all no luck. This morning I have not had any blanking at all, including using JRiver MC. I just completed an Audyssey setup and am about to use the home theater. If the issue comes up I will try more trouble shooting. I do have spare HDMI cables so I may swap out the cable running from my PC to the Marantz AV8805. Random issues are the most vexing! ...and I really don't want to do a clean install of windows 10.
An OS reinstall won't solve this. It's not a problem caused by Windows core components.

For a 1080TI, I'm running driver 390.65 for my HTPC. I suspect your issues are likely cable related. But it could also be that the EDID your marantz is sending the PC isn't one that the projector is working well with.

What if you go to nvidia control panel and set it to 3840x2160, 23 hz, rgb 8 bit, full? Does it link then? You should definitely get madVR setup and not try to use HDR mode on the PC. There's no comparison between the two quality wise and also Windows can still be problematic going in and out of HDR mode reliably (well probably the video card drivers actually).

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #458 of 805 Old 05-14-2019, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 1620 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Harper View Post

That’s funny. That’s what I do and have been doing for a very long time and is the exact basis for HarperVision. Just go back to the early stages of it on the VW350/365ES and 5040 and you’ll see the exact same process taking place. Good to know.

No, I do not have time any longer, which is why I am only able to do this on one display at a time and one step at a time, yet you keep pushing and pushing for me to “do it your way” and I’ve repeatedly told you I’m not at that stage yet and there is a “method to my madness”, which you basically just described above in most senses.

Of course I knew those were there Javs, give me some credit. I’ve had these since they first came out with the UB900 and used them on MANY projectors. I know what they have, what they are and what they can do.

I do things differently than you. Sorry if you don’t like this but it is what it is. Everyone that’s seen my work on many projectors have liked it and in most cases loved it. I’m sorry if that’s an issue for you. Most are afraid to say anything on AVS for fear of reprisals and reprimand like this. I am told this numerous times on a daily basis via PM and email, btw.

This is where you’re totally and utterly wrong, sorry. You are not privy to the countless PMs and emails I get from folks asking for just that.

Believe it or not, some folks (like me!), scrimp and save and give up a LOT of things and compromise in many ways just to get the video basics like the UHD Blu-ray, screen and projector and even stretch and go way over budget already to do so, so for someone to dismiss this off hand and simply expect them to push it even more, maybe even taking them over the financial breaking point, and to also spend even more time they don’t have configuring a darn PC.

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter.

I guess I’ll see when I get to that stage. I am planning to speak with the engineers to get true answers to this information.

I have been able to affect how the HDR dimming performs with settings and it’s very easily noticeable BTW. There were specific scenes that @youngm and I saw pumping and noticeable dimming which I have now alleviated.

You may want to read up on @12GAGE ’s LK970 findings and measurements on many of the things you speak of, which do cross over to the LK990. (Automatic Power Control, results using test patterns, etc.)
You definitely deserve a lot of thanks for the hard work youve been doing...
Dave Harper likes this.
post #459 of 805 Old 05-14-2019, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3159 Post(s)
Liked: 1723
Quote:
I've owned the LK990 for three weeks now. Overall, I love the projector right out of the box. It is a beast and I have not come up with a mounting solution that will support it yet. Currently, I have it on a cart (front tabletop configuration). I've played around with projector settings but have not come up with a "final" set of settings. Currently, Picture Mode: Cinema, Gamma 2.4, Brilliant Color: On, Light source mode: Smart Eco. No rainbows and no banding issues. I have three 4k HDR discs and 4K HDR streaming. When playing these sources the projector goes in to HDR mode and uses BT. 2020.

I do have two issues.

First, there are about a dozen white dots in the center towards the bottom of the screen during white scenes. I believe these are stuck mirrors and is a problem with the DLP chip. I will contact BenQ and likely have to send it to them for repair. I may wait for a while (just in case there is a firmware update). It is not terribly distracting.

Second, I have three sources all running through my pre/pro Marantz AV8805, Dish receiver, Nvidia Shield, and my HTPC. Both the Dish receiver and Shield communicate with the projector just fine (including 4K HDR content). My HTPC (using an Nvidia GTX 1080 video card) is having communication issues (which makes me sad because it is time consuming to figure out the problem). When using my HTPC the display will go blank and back on. Going blank is identical to using the pj remote and making a setting change. The display may come back on rapidly or take a minute or two. The issue goes away after a while. Once everything settles down, I am able to watch a 4K HDR movie (copied from a 4K disc to my harddrive). Weird.

My HTPC has MadVR as part of JRiver Media Center. I have not used MadVR because I do not understand how to use it yet. Plus, I am having this display issue which needs to get resolved. I hope to use settings offered by other forum members at some point in the future.

Marcus

I’ve had similar issues with my Lumagen Radiance Pro. I talked with Jim and he pointed to the HDMI cable as the most likely culprit.
post #460 of 805 Old 05-14-2019, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
I’ve had similar issues with my Lumagen Radiance Pro. I talked with Jim and he pointed to the HDMI cable as the most likely culprit.
Interesting. I've got three sources (DTV; UB820; Shield) running into my Marantz SR7012 and then from that to the LK. The run (I'm using a Ruipro fiber cable) is about 60 feet from Marantz to PJ and runs under floors, behind walls etc. I've had no problems. The only time I saw something similar to what you and Desert Pilot are describing was when I had a second, short HDMI cable running from the Marantz HDMI Out No. 2 to an older monitor that was not HDMI 2.0 compliant. I saw the same on/off problem on both the PJ and monitor. When I disconnected the monitor, no issue. I assumed it was a handshake/compatibility issue. I've not tried connecting my HTPC to the Marantz (It's older and not designed to run MadVR).

I'll be curious to learn if you're able to get the Radiance Pro squared away.
post #461 of 805 Old 05-14-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolgeek View Post
You definitely deserve a lot of thanks for the hard work youve been doing...

I wish it was really hard work. I just haven’t had the time to invest to qualify as hard work yet. I think @Javs is the one who’s been able to put in most of the hard work compared to me so far.

I hope @woofer gets the LK990 soon to help out here too.

I think I may have a small update to settings as well.
Maestrosc likes this.
post #462 of 805 Old 05-15-2019, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I have a question not sure where to ask.

I see LK990 is compared to JVC 4500 with images. I am on preorder wait list for NX7 hopefully right call :P. My screen would be 135" max in light controlled basement (not a bat cave), walls painted dark. Does LK990 supersede NX models or it is just laser to laser comparison ? Just a genuine question.
post #463 of 805 Old 05-15-2019, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoodhaliwal View Post

I see LK990 is compared to JVC 4500 with images. I am on preorder wait list for NX7 hopefully right call :P. My screen would be 135" max in light controlled basement (not a bat cave), walls painted dark. Does LK990 supersede NX models or it is just laser to laser comparison ? Just a genuine question.
this post may help you...
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post58046924

from my current research, for a screen >120" if you are going jvc, the nx5 is the better option.
post #464 of 805 Old 05-16-2019, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tddk View Post
this post may help you...
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post58046924

from my current research, for a screen >120" if you are going jvc, the nx5 is the better option.
Thanks for your reply, I did read his posts. I have been reading all threads and waiting :P. Yeah NX5 seems good after all reviews show loss in brightness using color filter.
post #465 of 805 Old 05-16-2019, 09:59 AM

BenQ LK990 Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoodhaliwal View Post

It depends on what image attributes you’re looking for. If you’re a black level Contrast hound over all else, then of course the JVC. If you love a bright, sharp, detailed, three dimensional, colorfully bright, high ANSI pop with almost every other image trait above black, then pick the LK.
post #466 of 805 Old 05-16-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11817 Post(s)
Liked: 9352
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
It depends on what image attributes you’re looking for. If you’re a black level Contrast hound over all else, then of course the JVC. If you love a bright, sharp, detailed, three dimensional, colorfully bright, high ANSI pop with almost every other image trait above black, then pick the LK.
You talk about people putting in little digs, but you also do the same. Example in bold above.
post #467 of 805 Old 05-16-2019, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6613 Post(s)
Liked: 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaulP View Post
Interesting. I've got three sources (DTV; UB820; Shield) running into my Marantz SR7012 and then from that to the LK. The run (I'm using a Ruipro fiber cable) is about 60 feet from Marantz to PJ and runs under floors, behind walls etc. I've had no problems. The only time I saw something similar to what you and Desert Pilot are describing was when I had a second, short HDMI cable running from the Marantz HDMI Out No. 2 to an older monitor that was not HDMI 2.0 compliant. I saw the same on/off problem on both the PJ and monitor. When I disconnected the monitor, no issue. I assumed it was a handshake/compatibility issue. I've not tried connecting my HTPC to the Marantz (It's older and not designed to run MadVR).

I'll be curious to learn if you're able to get the Radiance Pro squared away.
I had my Sony VW600 and JVC RS600 connected to my Denon receiver once, and prior to that I think I tried connecting my Sim Lumis Host and Sony VW600 to the Denon at the same time. Having a 4k and a 1080p display both connected at the same time caused nothing but HDMI problems. It did work having them both connected to an HD Fury instead of the receiver. 4K and 1080p displays both being connected just didn't play well together. Now I have one 4K projector connected to the Lumagen - no issues !
post #468 of 805 Old 05-16-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:

Dave, I’m far from a contrast hound, in fact I’ve been a DLP guy for18 Year’s coming from infocus 777. Just about every year I would try the new jvc, Sony or epson and it was always the same thing for me the contrast was better on the the others but DLP killed them in every other way, I was shocked at how good the nx5 is very sharp(compared to previous jvc) calm picture better sync times and the image noise is significantly better. It’s provides a very nice image.

I’m still a DLP guy lol and I’m so glad to see DLP advance the way they have in the past few years, everyone kept saying DLP was dead! Not!! and it’s only gonna get better...

I’m sure you will see the new jvc’s at some point, I’d imagine you will see the difference too.

Bob
Dave Harper likes this.
post #469 of 805 Old 05-16-2019, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 987
Quote:
If you love a bright, sharp, detailed, three dimensional, colorfully bright, high ANSI pop with almost every other image trait above black, then pick the LK.
You forgot that women just love a man who owns an LK and it's also good financial investment.
Dave Harper and Maestrosc like this.
post #470 of 805 Old 05-16-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
You talk about people putting in little digs, but you also do the same. Example in bold above.

How is that a dig? That’s just a preference someone likes more than something else. Like markmon putting large preference on blacks and native contrast. I respect that because I personally made the opposite choice this time to choose the other image attributes over blacks and very low native.

If you called me an HDR sharpness, detail, dimensionality and “pop” hound, I’d take that as a compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
You forgot that women just love a man who owns an LK and it's also good financial investment.

Dang that’s right, I’ll have to update my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post
........I’m sure you will see the new jvc’s at some point, I’d imagine you will see the difference too.

Bob

Oh I see a difference with the old JVCs too. I never said I don’t love great blacks and contrast. I have only said that when combined with all the other image attributes on the LKs, I like that better overall. If I could have both like with the top dog Christie, oh man I’d be salivating all over myself haha!
post #471 of 805 Old 05-16-2019, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6613 Post(s)
Liked: 7687
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
No home theater projector is a " good financial investment ". It's a non essential depreciating electronic toy.
Frohlich likes this.
post #472 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
No home theater projector is a " good financial investment ". It's a non essential depreciating electronic toy.
That was part of the joke, he was posting.
smitty and Craig Peer like this.
post #473 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
How is that a dig? That’s just a preference someone likes more than something else. Like markmon putting large preference on blacks and native contrast. I respect that because I personally made the opposite choice this time to choose the other image attributes over blacks and very low native.

If you called me an HDR sharpness, detail, dimensionality and “pop” hound, I’d take that as a compliment!

Dang that’s right, I’ll have to update my list!

Oh I see a difference with the old JVCs too. I never said I don’t love great blacks and contrast. I have only said that when combined with all the other image attributes on the LKs, I like that better overall. If I could have both like with the top dog Christie, oh man I’d be salivating all over myself haha!
That is part of the problem. You do not see that as a dig and the other side does not see their comment as a dig.
post #474 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
That is part of the problem. You do not see that as a dig and the other side does not see their comment as a dig.
Despite being a BenQ LK990 Owners thread, the JVC guys just can't seem to stay away. Quite a bit of JVC banter and some snark. I didn't consider it a dig, but, if it were or you consider it a dig, then you chuckle internally and let it go because this has nothing to do with sides, or turf, or anything else other than BenQ LK990 owners.

That being said I am not an owner, yet, but the projector appears to possibly fit my needs and I for one appreciate the discussions about the actual projector and its performance. Thank you to all who are providing valuable data on this BenQ projector. When I need extensive JVC information I did notice threads dedicated to those projectors.
Dave Harper and jherring69 like this.
post #475 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gil393 View Post
Despite being a BenQ LK990 Owners thread, the JVC guys just can't seem to stay away. Quite a bit of JVC banter and some snark. I didn't consider it a dig, but, if it were or you consider it a dig, then you chuckle internally and let it go because this has nothing to do with sides, or turf, or anything else other than BenQ LK990 owners.

That being said I am not an owner, yet, but the projector appears to possibly fit my needs and I for one appreciate the discussions about the actual projector and its performance. Thank you to all who are providing valuable data on this BenQ projector. When I need extensive JVC information I did notice threads dedicated to those projectors.
So when someone comes in here and ask something like "I have a 185" screen and am probably getting a JVC NX5, but am considering an LK990, what are the comparisons?" you say what? Sorry I can only answer half this go to another thread for the other half? Geez.
ultra 150 pilot likes this.

post #476 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The reason this sounds like a dig, is because the way it's worded. It insinuates that the black levels on the LK990 are perfectly fine. Only those super picky black hounds on certain scenes would even notice. This is far from the truth and not the right message, in my opinion.

You don't have to be a black 'hound' to decide what is an acceptable black / contrast performance limit for yourself. The LK990 blacks will not be acceptable for many folks. Also, it will be acceptable for many folks. But its definitely not just a few black hounds that will find it too grey.

I'll admit I'm a somewhat unique case because I find all Sony's far too grey for me to enjoy. I'm not alone on that also.

post #477 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
So when someone comes in here and ask something like "I have a 185" screen and am probably getting a JVC NX5, but am considering an LK990, what are the comparisons?" you say what? Sorry I can only answer half this go to another thread for the other half? Geez.
I'd probably direct them to the thread where the person is searching for a projector for a 180" screen and is seriously considering a NX5. Where they would find the following quote :
Quote:
I'm a big fan of JVC projectors especially for their black levels. But for your screen size, I'd be going LK970 or LK990. The contrast levels won't be nearly as good as what you get on JVC, but those JVC and that Sony (which is dimmer than JVC even) won't do the job of lighting that size screen at all. My friend has had an RS500 on his 186" screen and it was ok but not great. He just upgraded to an LK970 and is quite thrilled.

Based on the feedback between LK970 and LK990, it's not clear but the 970 may be a better deal if you can find one. Sounds like the 990 has some sort of "brilliant color" mode that can't be disabled without losing 60% of the rated lumens and the 970 does not have this problem.
jherring69 likes this.
post #478 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gil393 View Post

I currently own four different brands of projectors. Three of which are DLP's. DLP will be bringing out a new native 4K chip with a little more than twice the native contrast of the XPR chip. I consider that a step in the right direction.
ultra 150 pilot likes this.
post #479 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 09:22 AM

BenQ LK990 Owners Thread

Quote:

Oh, so now calling someone “no good” is the same as agreeing with someone who has a certain image preference?

Quote:
The reason this sounds like a dig, is because the way it's worded. It insinuates that the black levels on the LK990 are perfectly fine. Only those super picky black hounds on certain scenes would even notice. This is far from the truth and not the right message, in my opinion.

You don't have to be a black 'hound' to decide what is an acceptable black / contrast performance limit for yourself. The LK990 blacks will not be acceptable for many folks. Also, it will be acceptable for many folks. But its definitely not just a few black hounds that will find it too grey.

I'll admit I'm a somewhat unique case because I find all Sony's far too grey for me to enjoy. I'm not alone on that also.

They are perfectly fine, to a great many people, especially when all the other image attributes are taken into consideration and it’s looked at as a whole rather than just one particular area. Just because you personally don’t like them doesn’t make them any less “perfectly fine” for just as many others, including myself.

Plus, you can’t even translate the blacks from the LK970 you saw (without my settings btw) over to the LK990. SmartEco greatly improves them.

How is saying the blacks on the JVCs are superior “insinuating” the ones on the LK990 at fine? That makes no sense whatsoever.
post #480 of 805 Old 05-17-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Oh, so now calling someone “no good” is the same as agreeing with someone who has a certain image preference?

They are perfectly fine, to a great many people, especially when all the other image attributes are taken into consideration and it’s looked at as a whole rather than just one particular area. Just because you personally don’t like them doesn’t make them any less “perfectly fine” for just as many others, including myself.

Plus, you can’t even translate the blacks from the LK970 you saw (without my settings btw) over to the LK990. SmartEco greatly improves them.

How is saying the blacks on the JVCs are superior “insinuating” the ones on the LK990 at fine? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Except Javs did not call you no good. He was talking about figuring out a projector's capability after 50 hours of rigorous testing. Javs did not say you fit that description, he just disagreed that it takes months to figure out a projector.
Javs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page