Runco RS-900 problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-23-2018, 06:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Runco RS-900 problem

I recently came across a used Runco RS-900 that I picked up. Mainly wanted it for the anamorphic lens but was also interested in trying out the projector. I currently have a JVC RS45 (which is great), but have been using it in my living room instead of a dedicated theater for a few years. The JVC is not a great performer in a non-light controlled environment. While I am finishing up my basement theater build, I figured the extra light output from the Runco might be welcome. Problem is the Runco seems to be set up to work with the anamorphic lens in place all the time. I don't want the lens in place as my living room screen is 16/9, not scope. No matter what aspect ratio I choose, the picture is not geometrically correct. Going into the settings, seems you need a passcode to enter the setup and ISF menus. The seller doesn't remember the codes. Codes go from 000 to 999. I actually tried to input each code one by one and happened upon what seemed like the correct code for the setup menu only to find that none of the settings there fixed the problem. The ISF menu seems to use a different passcode, ugh!!! Also, after powering down the projector, the passcode that allowed me to get into the setup menu no longer works! I have searched here and the internet for any answers and have not found any. Wondering if anyone has any ideas? Basically just want the projector to output images in its native aspect ratio. Any help is appreciated, sorry for the long story!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page