Originally Posted by damelon
I'm actually looking to do the exact same thing. So I have the same question.
Having same idea (need to test my 1060 GTX with MadVR) got some info that it should work, so 1070 should work even better I guess.
Didnt decide to buy N5/N7, went with X790 instead due to several factors:
- excellent quality / price factor of X790
- X790 is well known reference PJ since some time already (all its disadvantages are also well known)
- N5/N7 are new constructions, new line, some potential problems for early adopters may appear, if thats the case, they will be addressed and fixed but this takes time
- no so many tests of N5/N7 available yet
- additional price factor at start for new models
- N5 will have worse contrast vs X790, so I was looking at N7 being on similar contrast level but its price is nearly double..
I am setting my radar on buying N7 in some time of course but for now I am super happy with my x790
Video room: JVC X7900, Denon AVR-X4300H + PMA-1500AE; Oppo UDP-203, Adeo 113" Prestige LED, Apple TV4K;Harmony Elite + Alexa; PS4 Pro; Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 Dali Z5,Z1, Phantom, Alteco, Sub E-12F; zone 2: LG OLED 65 C8, LG UP970, Xbox 1S.
Audio room: Pioneer SX-N30, PD-10, Jamo C97, Akai BT500 Net/PC: HP Omen 880-180nw, 28"UE570 UHD, QNAP 670 Pro i7, UPS CP900LCD, RT-AC87U merlin.
Last edited by MartyMcFlyy; 02-28-2019 at 03:21 AM.