Originally Posted by markmon1
So then what? You want to hear: "Projector looks sharp. I watched 3 movies and loved them! Peace!"?
1. Tone mapping quality is of significant importance.
2. Do the new units still crush black when receiving an HDR input signal?
2. What benefits does the real 2160p panel bring over the 1080p panels with eshift?
3. What is the lumens with the DCI-P3 Color filter in place vs not having the color filter in place?
4. How loud is the projector vs the previous JVC?
5. What is new in the menu or not in the menu compared to prior JVC?
6. How fast does the HDMI sync take place vs the previous JVC's?
7. What is the input latency in normal mode and low latency mode?
8. Is there bright corners?
9. How is the 3D on the new units?
10. How well do the motion interpolation modes work?
11. What kind of Anamorphic Lens modes are avail now that the panel is 17:9 vs 16:9?
12. How well do the Installation modes work when changing installation modes?
13. How much Masking (Blanking) do we get in the new models?
14. How good is the powered lens focus and does it allow stepping to set focus or is it continual and you need to stop it just at the right time to get perfect focus?
15. How well does the projector retain focus and lens position after a cold boot vs being warmed up? (Does the image shift at all, or change in focus?)
Maybe these things are not important to you, but there is way more to a projector than just staring at its pixel structure.
If that is the most important thing... we would all be on single chip DLP’s and call it a day.