Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 188 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 14092Likes

post #5611 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6730 Post(s)
Liked: 7868
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post
I realize that they have been in short supply and I know that many people love the picture. That being said I would have thought that JVC would want to get units into the hands of reviewers immediately. People need specific comparisons to make educated decisions. The fact that many love the projectors and that they are in short supply still does not answer some of the questions. I know that If I was in a position at JVC I would have made sure that Arrow and a few others got replacement units immediately. It seems that there was not enough Beta testing.
Reviews typically lag 6 months behind a projector's release. Look at Sound and Vision's Top Picks for 2018, that just came out. The first projector ( a JVC ) is discontinued -

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...ear-projectors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5612 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Talking We all thank you ccool96!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavromatis View Post
Ah! Now it looks much, much, better! Thank you! Hope this helps someone else setting up their AppleTV 4K. I was forcing HDR on all content, thus my issues. I wasn't sure what you guys were talking about with "sync delays" -- now when it switches between SDR and HDR you can notice the delay... but rather have that than having gradient banding and all the other issues.
@ccool96 , we ALL thank you! We were never gonna hear the end of the constant belly-aching by mavromatis about the banding!!! Just kidding, mavromatis. Glad you got it sorted out!

It was only AFTER ccool96 posted that I recalled I had read an article about turning on match dynamic range and match frame rate settings on cnet (https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-tv-4...ything-in-hdr/) for totally unrelated issues (overly bright menus). When you were posting, it did not occur to me your banding issue came from this same problem. Sorry.

Here's hoping everyone has their ATV 4K set properly now: Match frame rate, match dynamic range.
mavromatis likes this.

JVC DLA-NX9 / 156" 2.4:1 CIH Seymour AT screen / Marantz AV7704 11.2 / Yamaha MX-A5000 11-ch amp
HTPC MadVR RTX 2080 / 24TB PMS Server (direct UHD rips)
Adam A8X monitor LCR / RBH A-610 x 8 / Kef Ci160ER x 4 / HSU ULS-15
Secondary: Samsung UN82MU8000 / Marantz NR1607 AVR / Kef Q150 + Minx Min 10 / SVS SB-2000
post #5613 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1249 Post(s)
Liked: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Quote:
I have thought about getting a new projector and upgrading from a previous JVC model. Reading these threads it seems it makes me wonder if it is worth waiting for things to settle down. I know people with problems often post more than those who are happy but something seems wrong this year.

1. Arrow received two review samples that were bad and is still waiting for replacements.

2. Only one full review by Chad B has been posted.

3. Where is Zombie? He said that he would receive his unit last week. He is not usually quiet. Wonder if he got a bad one.

4. Cine-4 Home usually gets units first, He posted a short review of pre-production models no tear downs or reviews of shipping units.

5. All kinds of other issues with some units while some seem fine.

6. Where is Kris Dearing with his review. Silence again.

7. Projector Reviews & Projector Central have posted or said noting. Very unusual.

I hope that I am wrong and overreacting but all these things have made me decide to wait a while before making a decision. It is a real pain to get a bad unit that weighs so much and have to send it back for a replacement.
I will just say I am glad I sat this round out after my perception of everything I've read. These units feel like they were rushed IMO and needed more time/testing. Im sure they will turn out great eventually, but I'd be really annoyed right about now if I had a DI that was unusable among other things and it seems like an unusual amount of defective units out the gate needing a swap.

Also still very curious why Zombie hasnt reported back.
I sat out the 400/500/600 round, then bought a RS620 and absolutely love it.

My next projector will be native 4K with laser, fast sync times, 2000+ calibrated lumens, excelled tone mapping, and perhaps even Dolby Vision/HDR10+ capable, for under $15 K. May be a while.

But I do very much appreciate JVC pushing the envelope and all the early adopters hammering out the details for the rest of us.
Toe, Bytehoven, coxy2416 and 1 others like this.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5614 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 04:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
I have thought about getting a new projector and upgrading from a previous JVC model. Reading these threads it seems it makes me wonder if it is worth waiting for things to settle down. I know people with problems often post more than those who are happy but something seems wrong this year.

1. Arrow received two review samples that were bad and is still waiting for replacements.

2. Only one full review by Chad B has been posted.

3. Where is Zombie? He said that he would receive his unit last week. He is not usually quiet. Wonder if he got a bad one.

4. Cine-4 Home usually gets units first, He posted a short review of pre-production models no tear downs or reviews of shipping units.

5. All kinds of other issues with some units while some seem fine.

6. Where is Kris Dearing with his review. Silence again.

7. Projector Reviews & Projector Central have posted or said noting. Very unusual.

I hope that I am wrong and overreacting but all these things have made me decide to wait a while before making a decision. It is a real pain to get a bad unit that weighs so much and have to send it back for a replacement.
I received my RS3000 back on 18 Jan and absolutely love it. According to the SN, it was a Dec 2018 build. I have yet to experience any issues and after warmup, the convergence is perfect without adjustment. The only thing I haven't checked yet is the yellowing issue some have recently spoken of. I'm not really worried yet, since it seems to not be a hardware issue. I'll await the March FW update.
Craig Peer likes this.
post #5615 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quoted: 6730 Post(s)
Liked: 7868
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
Did it look the same shape? i wonder if there is something that has been left "loose" in the light engine (like a little o-ring) and is finding it's way to one of the coloured light paths?
Yellow would be sat in the blue light path. Magenta would be sat in the green light path.
Looked like a donut. Could be something inside. It's being replaced whatever is causing it.
post #5616 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 04:13 PM
Toe

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 2664 Post(s)
Liked: 3418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post

My next projector will be native 4K with laser, fast sync times, 2000+ calibrated lumens, excelled tone mapping, and perhaps even Dolby Vision/HDR10+ capable, for under $15 K. May be a while.

But I do very much appreciate JVC pushing the envelope and all the early adopters hammering out the details for the rest of us.
Agreed and at least all the early adopters/beta testers are getting a free lamp for doing what JVC should have done.
post #5617 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 04:17 PM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 2447 Post(s)
Liked: 1571
Quote:
And understatement of the thread award goes to... @Erod
Erod and Craig Peer like this.
post #5618 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:

I also appreciate "pushing the envelope" and I hope the issues are resolved soon. Just looking at the responses to my previous post some are very happy and others have had big issues. The facts remain that for projectors in this price range there should not be as many reported issues. I believe JVC will solve the DI yellow issues but I am more concerned by convergence problems and noisy iris issues. I am glad that JVC in the US has done QC checks on each unit but I am still concerned that it is a hit and miss situation at this point and that should not be acceptable. I hope that more QC checks are being done at the factory and that any shipping or packing issues are immediately resolved along with firmware fixes. Giving an extra bulb is not enough compensation for being Beta testers for such high end equipment.

I would also suggest that each dealer selling these projectors should do a second QC check. This would really help the situation.

Zombie where are your??? You posted that you were to receive a unit last week and would report back after the weekend. Not hearing from you it is logical to assume something was wrong with the projector you received. You have always been one of the first to post your thoughts and reviews.

Last edited by rwestley; 02-14-2019 at 05:04 PM.
post #5619 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
I will just say I am glad I sat this round out after my perception of everything I've read. My original plan was to sell my 790 last summer and get a 2000, but that would have been a loooong wait and who knows what kind of unit I would have received. These units feel like they were rushed IMO and needed more time/testing. Im sure they will turn out great eventually, but I'd be really annoyed right about now if I had a DI that was unusable among other things and it seems like an unusual amount of defective units out of the gate needing a swap.

Still have my Epson 8700UB and it is performing great. Want to jump into the RS2000 but am wary. Still a toss up whether the extra 2k is worth it over the RS1000. Will the doubling of contrast really be that noticeable? I am spoiled by the Epson's great contrast.
Toe likes this.

Dedicated HT Equipment: Klipsch RF82BK L+R Speakers|Klipsch RC62BK CC Speaker|Definitive Technology B92X Surrounds|NHT Super One Rear Surrounds|4 Polk MC80 Ceiling Atmos|Velodyne VLF 1012 and Definitive Technology PF1500TL+ SWs|Marantz SR7012 Receiver|Yamaha RXV1800 Receiver for Atmos|JVC RS2000 Projector|Seymour Center Stage UF AT 140" diag 2:35 Screen on DIY frame and false front wall
post #5620 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Zombie where are you??? You posted that you were to receive a unit last week and would report back after the weekend. Not hearing from you it is logical to assume something was wrong with the projector you received.
That's not really a matter of logic. It's supposition. You asked or suggested earlier that you might be overreacting. I think that perhaps you might be.

Don't get me wrong. Everybody has to assess given their financial situation, their preferences, lifestyle, etc. whether they want to get one of the projectors now or wait a few months, or even purchase a projector from another company. So I'm not suggesting a decision on your part or anyone else's part to wait or not wait or buy something else is wrong. But with all due respect, I do think you're exaggerating the problems and making assumptions that might not be true, and suggesting solutions (dealers QC'ing ever projector) that might not be practical. Just my $.02.
post #5621 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
That's not really a matter of logic. It's supposition. You asked or suggested earlier that you might be overreacting. I think that perhaps you might be.

Don't get me wrong. Everybody has to assess given their financial situation, their preferences, lifestyle, etc. whether they want to get one of the projectors now or wait a few months, or even purchase a projector from another company. So I'm not suggesting a decision on your part or anyone else's part to wait or not wait or buy something else is wrong. But with all due respect, I do think you're exaggerating the problems and making assumptions that might not be true, and suggesting solutions (dealers QC'ing ever projector) that might not be practical. Just my $.02.
You are right it is supposition but it is also strange considering Zombie's usual activity on this this forum. I also agree that everyone must make their own decision and I thought I might have been overreacting before I read about the DI issues and the many different problems reported. This projector weighs over 50lbs and is difficult enough to install. I don't want to be in a situation of having to send a bad unit back and go through the hassle of waiting for another one. Regarding the dealer doing a second QC I think that is something that can be done to reassure potential buyers. I know it takes time but it would be a real selling point for any dealer who agrees to do this in light of the issues reported.
post #5622 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 757 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
This projector weighs over 50lbs and is difficult enough to install. I don't want to be in a situation of having to send a bad unit back and go through the hassle of waiting for another one.
I hear thee. In the past two months, I've had to send back a 100 pound beverage refrigerator for a wet bar and a 55" TV. It is indeed a pain to deal with returning heavy units, especially when you have to install them first to see if they work.

Quote:
Regarding the dealer doing a second QC I thing that is something that can be done to reassure potential buyers. I know it takes time but it would be a real selling point for any dealer who agrees to do this in light of the issues reported.
One of the several dealers who frequent this forum can probably comment on this; it just seems to me that the time and effort involved and other potential complications would make it somewhat impractical. And there's no such thing as a free lunch, so a customer is probably going to pay extra for it. But hey, if a dealer is willing to offer it, I'm all for it.
Reddig likes this.
post #5623 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1302 Post(s)
Liked: 1053
I've been lucky I guess - both the dealers I've had over the last 19 years (one has retired) have QCd my projectors for me before I got them. That makes them worth their weight in gold over the box shifters.
rwestley, ccool96, Reddig and 1 others like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc
Who says Cameron is "right" and why do we care about him so much - lol!

I trust Gary Lightfoot more than James Cameron.
post #5624 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmouse007 View Post
You are not alone in your "doubts", they apear to be valid.

Sadly, I fear that JVC may provide Arrow with "cherry picked" production units that JVC has gone over with a fine tooth comb because of the previous disasters of batting ZERO, for ZERO in two out of two different model production units.

JVC literally can't afford for Arrow to receive a third defective projector = "three strikes and you're out". Therefore, what ever Arrow reports, finds or concludes may be suspect because the projectors he receives probably won't reflect reality since guaranteed, most customers new projectors won't receive the same level of scrutiny and "quality control".

So far this roll out of JVC's highly anticipated 4K projection line has been a pr disaster. Just read through the owner posts; problem, defect free JVC 4K projectors have been the overwhelming exception to the rule. This doesn't bode well or inspire confidence in potential buyers.

Sure you have defenders and those downplaying the potential seriousness of the situation here on AVS: ("all new production units have problems, it is to be expected"...etc.) but their excuses are suspect because there's "big money" and profits at stake.

Anyway we shall see what we shall see, only time will tell. That said, a lot of potential JVC 4K buyers, like myself are going to sit this one out.
How do you know that? All logic dictates probably the exact opposite, as well as borne out by actual dealer stats - a handful of defective units out of hundreds shipped. That is actually very typical of online forums and reviews, btw.
smitty, davidahn, Purple X and 1 others like this.
post #5625 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:49 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renerator View Post
Hello. Total newbee to JVC projectors. Can someone tell me how to flip the image following a ceiling mount? Also, I have this cute little purple doughnut on my screen. Has anyone seen this before?
That is exactly what I have on my RS3000 except mine is yellow.
post #5626 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
For what it’s worth, I just received my second RS2000 this week. Just finished testing it. It’s just a perfect as the first unit last week.

Both have perfect convergence out of the box without any adjustment.

Neither units have any DI noise which had been reported in some of the first shipments.

JVC US seems to be doing the right thing by opening each unit and inspecting before shipping to customers.

Both projectors have the issue where using the iris in “auto” (dynamic mode), the dynamic gamma adjustments are causing white to turn yellow, but this should be an easy software fix. Manually closing the iris all the way has no effect on white, so it’s not a hardware issue with the iris itself.

Both units are extremely quiet and the picture is outstanding. The lens quality on both units is extremely good which makes me wonder if I will even keep the RS3000 I have on order.

Compared to my aging RS600, the image was more similar than not. The DI on the new models seem to be less aggressive than on the RS600, but I personally prefer it that way. The DI on the RS600 could be easily seen and distracting, resulting in me rarely using it. The DI on the RS2000 seems to be almost seamless (except for the slight color shift of white to yellow which hopefully will be fixed soon with a firmware update). The 4K image of the RS2000 is better than the previous eshift image of the RS600, but in a side by side setup, all this did was confirm how well the eshift handles 4K content.

All in all, I believe JVC USA by taking the steps to inspect every unit, has helped minimize the number of issues in the USA, that have been seen in other countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I wish I can see the new units and an eshift side by side. That would be great and I can instantly size up if the difference is incremental, moderate or substantial, and would inform my decision whether to upgrade from my eshift unit.
coxy2416 likes this.
post #5627 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 4809 Post(s)
Liked: 3081
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattztt View Post
Add me to the list of people who sees the shift toward yellow when DI is engaged with a small amount of white content on a black background. Turning on the menu brings it back to white. I've also noticed the image gets softer. Watching that transition from really close to the screen I believe I'm seeing the iris mechanism in the image. It's not just a general blurriness but more of a diamond-shaped starburst effect. Like a subtle version of a star effect filter on an SLR camera.

This effect wasn't noticeable at all during several hours of watching various content but then it showed up on a loading screen for a video game. I imagine it would be distracting on the space shots that are often benchmarks for high contrast projectors and a good place to show off DI so I hope JVC can address it.

RS 2000, 1/19, 1.20 firmware
The behavior you're describing is the same on even an RS640. The DI clamps a lot to bring out the black background but this yellows the text. The menu popping up creates more activity on the screen so the iris reacts to it.

Interestingly enough, the RS4500 doesn't care if the menu pops up. If it's super dim, you pop up the menu, you won't even see it until a brighter scene in the video shows up.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #5628 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 06:20 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6517 Post(s)
Liked: 6490
Quote:
I realize that they have been in short supply and I know that many people love the picture. That being said I would have thought that JVC would want to get units into the hands of reviewers immediately. People need specific comparisons to make educated decisions. The fact that many love the projectors and that they are in short supply still does not answer some of the questions. I know that If I was in a position at JVC I would have made sure that Arrow and a few others got replacement units immediately. It seems that there was not enough Beta testing.
Who should get the review units? I know there is one complete review out there. There would be 2 had Arrow gotten a good piece.
Reddig likes this.
post #5629 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 06:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 763
Quick question: Is it normal for there to be a “clicking” sound when the projector is zooming in and out, or when shifting the picture with lens shift?

Aaron H.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron H.
post #5630 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahomie View Post
Quick question: Is it normal for there to be a “clicking” sound when the projector is zooming in and out, or when shifting the picture with lens shift?

Aaron H.
Yes
Oklahomie likes this.

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #5631 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Just depends when your dealer put his order in for one. More then a forum members have them now.

Its an investment for sure......

My dealer placed the order in October.
post #5632 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmouse007 View Post
You are not alone in your "doubts", they apear to be valid.

Sadly, I fear that JVC may provide Arrow with "cherry picked" production units that JVC has gone over with a fine tooth comb because of the previous disasters of batting ZERO, for ZERO in two out of two different model production units.

JVC literally can't afford for Arrow to receive a third defective projector = "three strikes and you're out". Therefore, what ever Arrow reports, finds or concludes may be suspect because the projectors he receives probably won't reflect reality since guaranteed, most customers new projectors won't receive the same level of scrutiny and "quality control".

So far this roll out of JVC's highly anticipated 4K projection line has been a pr disaster. Just read through the owner posts; problem, defect free JVC 4K projectors have been the overwhelming exception to the rule. This doesn't bode well or inspire confidence in potential buyers.

Sure you have defenders and those downplaying the potential seriousness of the situation here on AVS: ("all new production units have problems, it is to be expected"...etc.) but their excuses are suspect because there's "big money" and profits at stake.

Anyway we shall see what we shall see, only time will tell. That said, a lot of potential JVC 4K buyers, like myself are going to sit this one out.
You seem to be a very good troll. You may not like Sony, but so far you keep posting the same "the sky is falling" stories.
Brandon B, Dave Vaughn and Krak66 like this.
post #5633 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 650 Post(s)
Liked: 583
I see all the people posting they are glad they sat out and all the problems. There are a few that have had issues no doubt and there always will be. But I will say for me I am extremely excited with my RS2000. It is an amazing picture. Oh and yes when I look for it on some items white goes to yellow. Even with that it kills the DLP picture. My family was over and were amazed by the picture. The Lens is amazing also. So glad I bought the 2000 and not the 3000.

I don’t see that many people saying they want to get rid of it either. I think when all is said and done 6 months from now 90% of the minor bugs will be worked out. Even while that is happening you still can watch an amazing picture. I am not a JVC fanboy actually my first JVC. Had Sony, Edson and Optoma before that.
davidahn, mavromatis, Toe and 6 others like this.

Home Theater: JVC NX7, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One
post #5634 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2436 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Quote:
I will just say I am glad I sat this round out after my perception of everything I've read. My original plan was to sell my 790 last summer and get a 2000, but that would have been a loooong wait and who knows what kind of unit I would have received. These units feel like they were rushed IMO and needed more time/testing. Im sure they will turn out great eventually, but I'd be really annoyed right about now if I had a DI that was unusable among other things and it seems like an unusual amount of defective units out of the gate needing a swap.

Still using the old 'trusty' RS-45, still don't feel like upgrading after reading the comments here...
Not that others shouldn't upgrade (go for it), but I've developed patience in my old age (sort of).

Actually, I'm half waiting for that 120" 2.35 oLED TV with perfect blacks and sharpness for $2500....
Toe and Bytehoven like this.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
post #5635 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2436 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
I see all the people posting they are glad they sat out and all the problems. There are a few that have had issues no doubt and there always will be. But I will say for me I am extremely excited with my RS2000. It is an amazing picture. Oh and yes when I look for it on some items white goes to yellow. Even with that it kills the DLP picture. My family was over and were amazed by the picture. The Lens is amazing also. So glad I bought the 2000 and not the 3000.

I don’t see that many people saying they want to get rid of it either. I think when all is said and done 6 months from now 90% of the minor bugs will be worked out. Even while that is happening you still can watch an amazing picture. I am not a JVC fanboy actually my first JVC. Had Sony, Edson and Optoma before that.
People in here are OCD and perfectionist type personalities, I know because I suffer from the same ailment.
I have buyer's remorse 90% of the time when I make a big purchase, just bought an SUV and wished I had gotten a different model (though I do have a good reason for that).

I didn't really have buyer's remorse from the RS-45 (a little from the bad lamps), but I figure I mise well keep waiting, because what is the point of going to an RS-4xx/5xx or something when next year might be THE year where all the 4k stuff finally comes into perfect focus.
BondDonBond likes this.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
post #5636 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 08:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
People in here are OCD and perfectionist type personalities, I know because I suffer from the same ailment.
I have buyer's remorse 90% of the time when I make a big purchase, just bought an SUV and wished I had gotten a different model (though I do have a good reason for that).

I didn't really have buyer's remorse from the RS-45 (a little from the bad lamps), but I figure I mise well keep waiting, because what is the point of going to an RS-4xx/5xx or something when next year might be THE year where all the 4k stuff finally comes into perfect focus.
If you are happy with your rs-45 stick with it. I made the move from the rs-35 because I wanted true 4K in our theater room. I have a 4K HDR panel in our family room and everytime I saw that picture it made me want to have a much bigger version of it in the theater room. The rs-2000 for me was the perfect step up and now the theater again has a better experience. But, it was also part of a major update/upgrade theater project which included upgrading to 7.2.6 Atmos, etc... I played frozen for the kids last night after not seeing it for a year or so and wow, it was like watching it again for the first time — the picture was bright and sharp on the rs-2000.
markmon1 likes this.
post #5637 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 08:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 575 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post

Totally agree with you. The only issue I have is that of the yellow iris. But it should be an easy software fix... Atleast that is what all the experts say. But even with the yellowing in some scenes the picture is phenomenal and I would not return it.

Would it have been good if the image was perfect from the get go? Yes. But I got a hefty 2K discount and a free lamp, and the only other projector that was comparable was Sony 695 and that is 2K+ more expensive and had worse contrasts

Inn other words we simply have no other alternative to the NX7 at its price range and performance

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #5638 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
The behavior you're describing is the same on even an RS640.
If that's the case then why are so many people treating it as a novel issue? I mean I guess I can see why new JVC owners like me would, but it seems like some of the veterans are scratching their heads as well.
post #5639 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 09:00 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:
If that's the case then why are so many people treating it as a novel issue? I mean I guess I can see why new JVC owners like me would, but it seems like some of the veterans are scratching their heads as well.
Because its not like that on the 640. On my x990, the white is simply dimmer, there is not a noticable color shift.
seanbryan likes this.
post #5640 of 15172 Old 02-14-2019, 09:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
it's different I think that what others are reporting. It sounds more like others were saying that just enabling dynamic iris was causing the whole screen to take a yellowish tint. If it's just on a screen thats fully black with a small amount of white, I don't think it should be discussed much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
Because its not like that on the 640. On my x990, the white is simply dimmer, there is not a noticable color shift.
On my RS640, when it really clamps down, there's a color shift on say ending credits when it's very few words.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page