Originally Posted by Killroy
I am very happy with my RS3000...ecstatic even. I have even began to to upgrade my HTPC to take full advantage of the capabilities of the incredible image it throws.
There is another local owner I know that got his first (I think he said he was the second actual owner in the US) and after seeing his, it made me run to AVAD so I could get mine.
I spoke with him and he feels the same way that I do about why no new owners are not posting reviews...First, they are just enjoying their machines and watching tons of movies...but more importantly...
This community has become a very hostile environment full of "trolls" that don't even own the very machine they are trolling about...heck, they haven't even seen one in person.
The old adage is that forums usually consist of the 5% of people having issues while the other 95% are having too much fun enjoying them and don't have time to post how great they are till the honeymoon has worn off.
This hostility has, or is slowly, driving away some of the most knowledgeable people. The ones that have the experience and expertise, also the people that can put 2-to-4,000 hours on a projector each year, to make these forums helpful. Those are the people I want to talk to...not someone that has pretty much said, on numerous occasions, that he will NOT buy one.
I know of several new owners that posted a single review on this thread and were pretty much blasted by nay-sayers and they haven't posted a single word since.
So yeah, in my opinion, you are acting like a troll. A person that "genuinely cares about long term AVS members and first time projector "newbies", who doesn't want fellow AVS members to get burned." would not critic a product that he/she does not own, has never seen, and who is only echoing the bad experiences of that very vocal 5%.
As someone who has personally logged approximately 18,000 hours of projector use on a number of projectos in about 9 years, and who has, like countless others here on AVS been burned big time after buying defective projectors with known "issues" from SONY Corp (and others) that they never permanently fixed or repaired;
Having boxed and reboxed defective SONY projectors, sent them back "for repair" and returned again SIX TIMES;
SONY repair having my various projectors in their possession for a combined total of over EIGHTEEN MONTHS;
Having to contact our states Attorney General of Consumer Affairs and having to hire an attorney and file official legal documents against SONY Corp. After getting nowhere with them for years, and threatening legal action before SONY Corp would even consider the validity of my "issues" and to deal with them, without ever acknowledging those "issues" even existed;
Yes, I believe I have earned the "right" to speak here on AVS to warn others lest they get burned as well. Thus far there is little hard evidence that inspires confidence in encouraging people here on AVS to take a chance on a new, untested, unproven 4K projector line.
And while you may reject my "qualifications" and label me "a troll", I sincerely doubt you would call into question Arrow - AV's "qualifications"; and thus far, he has reported ZERO "defect free" production units from two different models. One of which he personally picked up and transported directly from JVC, lest it be "damaged in shipping", and even that one was a lemon! He had to return both units because they had such serious "issues".
As for your assertion that I need to spend thousands of dollars on a new, untested, unproven, potentially defective JVC 4K projector in order to comment on it is ludicrous.
You don't have to buy something bad in order to make an informed judgment that it is bad. All you need to do is look at the facts, as reported thus far and draw an informed decision and conclusion based upon those facts.
If, those facts change, with time, only then do you reevaluate your conclusions. That's common sense.
One more thing; you are wrong, I did want to purchase a new native 4K JVC projector. I have been waiting for quite sometime to do so. However I refuse to play the "early adopter", unpaid beta tester, guinea pig fool any longer.
If JVC, wants my money, they have to earn it by producing reliable products that perform as advertised and that aren't potentially plagued with defects and "issues" right out of the box which will "hopefully" be "fixed" down the road by a magic "firmware update"... how often have we heard that ill fated "promise" before.