Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 192 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15150Likes

post #5731 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12262 Post(s)
Liked: 9860
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
How can you be pretty sure no problem exist if you don’t have one of the new units?

I have 2 RS2000s side by side with my RS600. There is definitely a problem.

Yes my RS600 will turn whites to slight yellowish, but it’s far far far less noticeable. I think this has to do with the fact that the DI on the RS600 is far more aggressive than it is on the RS2000.

JVC has specially told Mike Garrett they are aware of the issue! So if there wasn’t an issue, seems like they would say so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Actually, I sent them info on it. That is why I know they are aware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
This is an OWNERS TREAD and there are two other threads for comparison (where people can trash projectors they have neither seen or have any experience with) and anticipation. I wish the mods would keep it that way. Owners have questions and want some help, don't need to have their purchase decision trashed. JMO
I TOTALLY agree that the moderator for this thread has apparently lost sight of the mission here: an OWNER'S thread. Posters have previously been admonished against posting about wine & sports cars (etc.), yet page after page here has been taken up by those who have NO skin in the game (for instance, jmouse001) who are provocative & always manage to elicit a litany of responses and back & forths. I agree with BondDonBond that they must be directed to other sites where they can feel free to commiserate with similarly disposed malcontents. Let's STOP the endless stream of unsupported suppositions and conjectures about why the JVC line was delayed, how poor the initial run may (or may not) have been, what a PR blunder this was for JVC, which posters are 'big time players' with vested interests, etc., etc. I, for one, have previously decided to "ignore" jmouse007 after reading endless diatribes against JVC, even before the initial units had been shipped. Unfortunately, others here continue to be sucked into his controversy, so I'm unable to escape his posts second hand. C'mon moderator, please step in and make this a thread which is largely useful to those who have purchased or are seriously considering purchase of these 3 initial JVC models and restrict or sanction those who clutter the pages with distractions. We're supposed to be here to be of help to one another and that's at risk to being lost in the deluge of extraneous and unnecessary commentary.

Also, a request to posters: could you please learn how to avoid taking up significant amount of space on the page because of the inclusion all of the prior images when replying to a prior post? ArrowAV (and other experienced posters) almost always condenses superfluous photos into a "spoiler" insert in his reply. I think that should be the standard here.

Last edited by docrog; 02-15-2019 at 03:48 PM.
post #5733 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidahn View Post
@ccool96 , we ALL thank you! We were never gonna hear the end of the constant belly-aching by mavromatis about the banding!!! Just kidding, mavromatis. Glad you got it sorted out!

It was only AFTER ccool96 posted that I recalled I had read an article about turning on match dynamic range and match frame rate settings on cnet (https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-tv-4...ything-in-hdr/) for totally unrelated issues (overly bright menus). When you were posting, it did not occur to me your banding issue came from this same problem. Sorry.

Here's hoping everyone has their ATV 4K set properly now: Match frame rate, match dynamic range.
Hahahah! One more question on the topic -- promise

Banding issues solved, but having match frame rate on seems like another compromise. If you use the Trailers app on ATV going back and forth between GUI and video the sync is extremely distracting. Takes about 2-4 seconds it seems -- what do you guys do to solve that issue? I know it's normal, but man, it really ruins the experience going from GUI to content and back, not smooth or elegant... thoughts?
davidahn likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5734 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 785 Post(s)
Liked: 1121
Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Actually, I sent them info on it. That is why I know they are aware.

That’s great.

I would think that we could get some sort of acknowledgement one way or the other, if they believe the DI algorithms need further tweaking or if they believe it’s up to spec and no additional work will be done.

They should be able to review some of Tommarra detailed pics and quickly determine if the color shifting seen in those pics and video is expected or not. If it matches other units they have on hand for testing during QC? If the unit is defective or not?

Just as they can listen to a projector and determine a unit with a noisy DI or fan is within spec or not.

I understand for JVC to “tweak the gamma algorithms” would require it going back to JVC Japan for review and a software update to be created. But all that isn’t required to determine if some of these units are working properly or not.

I have been assuming the “yellowing” seen is software related, but if all units don’t have that issue, then I would conclude my units are defective.

One additional piece of info. Both of my units are on software version 1.20

Last edited by ccool96; 02-15-2019 at 11:17 AM.
post #5735 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
Go read the Sony 295 thread. There is a pretty hefty ratio of poor uniformity, lens issues, dust blobs, alignment issues to good review posts. It happens with almost every new release of a projector.
I agree. I think with 4K and higher, the components are getting more delicate and prone to damage.

This extrapolation of problem reports here to the planet at large is a VERY distorted view of reality. I've been on AVS Forums since 2000, and when I bought a Sony VW600ES and had NO problems, I did not run over to AVS Forum to report, "hey, guys, I have a perfectly good unit." But I guarantee you I would have reported if it had had issues! Forums are not a place where you can get an objective estimate of overall failure rates, but it IS a great place to research other people's advice/fixes for your problem if you have one.

JVC DLA-NX9 / 156" 2.4:1 CIH Seymour AT screen / Marantz AV7704 11.2 / Yamaha MX-A5000 11-ch amp
HTPC MadVR RTX 2080 / 24TB PMS Server (direct UHD rips)
Adam A8X monitor LCR / RBH A-610 x 8 / Kef Ci160ER x 4 / HSU ULS-15
Secondary: Samsung UN82MU8000 / Marantz NR1607 AVR / Kef Q150 + Minx Min 10 / SVS SB-2000
post #5736 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavromatis View Post

Banding issues solved, but having match frame rate on seems like another compromise. If you use the Trailers app on ATV going back and forth between GUI and video the sync is extremely distracting. Takes about 2-4 seconds it seems -- what do you guys do to solve that issue? I know it's normal, but man, it really ruins the experience going from GUI to content and back, not smooth or elegant... thoughts?

There isn’t really anything that can be done to help this issue.

You could lock the frame rate (Turn Match Framerate Off), so that the “resync” is only done when switching from HDR to SDR, but I’m not sure if that will offer much help or not.

post #5737 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:

Hahaha we're all anal retentive here, no worries!

Two things to consider: turn off frame rate matching, so at least that isn't causing sync delays; but you'll still have the sync issues going from the SDR menus to the HDR content. The other option (you're not gonna like this!) is to also turn off dynamic range matching and just live with the banding but have a smoother user experience. In this scenario you would try to avoid watching SDR material. You would have an overly bright menu but should have no banding in the HDR material.

JVC DLA-NX9 / 156" 2.4:1 CIH Seymour AT screen / Marantz AV7704 11.2 / Yamaha MX-A5000 11-ch amp
HTPC MadVR RTX 2080 / 24TB PMS Server (direct UHD rips)
Adam A8X monitor LCR / RBH A-610 x 8 / Kef Ci160ER x 4 / HSU ULS-15
Secondary: Samsung UN82MU8000 / Marantz NR1607 AVR / Kef Q150 + Minx Min 10 / SVS SB-2000
post #5738 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:23 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6569 Post(s)
Liked: 6567
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniv View Post
No I totally understand, but it hurts more when you see it yourself. This was double boxed with plenty of peanuts etc yet the exterior box was ripped with peanuts in the delivery truck.

One edge of the product box where it dropped was pushed in the corner, although the styrofoam was still intact. It gave me some relief that the styrofoam was not broken but when I turned the projector over to get it ceiling mounted I could hear something move inside.

I think freight on a pallet would be more secure but then you have the horror stories of forklifts being driven into freight packages. You can never win.

I am considering driving to NY to pick it up but I cant do a straight shot anymore like I used to, age has taken its toll and i can do maybe 14-15 hours straight and then need a break before I can drive again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattztt View Post
I'm still a firm believer in freight. I've had several high dollar and oversized items delivered over the past year for a new home and the stuff that arrived freight was nearly all in perfect condition with the exception of one minor ding on the back of a refrigerator which likely occurred at the factory given the lack of damage to the packaging.
I have seen/herd a lot, including a person telling a freight company your high top van is to tall to get to the freight elevator in the garage, he tried anyway and got stuck. LOL. No matter who you ship with, no matter what pre-cautions are taken, odds are 1% on damage from what I have seen. TV guys have switched to fed-EX double boxed under 65" because of the ever eroding price points in some cases.
aniv and coxy2416 like this.
post #5739 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
The rs-2000 for me was the perfect step up and now the theater again has a better experience. But, it was also part of a major update/upgrade theater project which included upgrading to 7.2.6 Atmos, etc... I played frozen for the kids last night after not seeing it for a year or so and wow, it was like watching it again for the first time — the picture was bright and sharp on the rs-2000.
Could you possibly educate me as to the benefits of 7.2.6 versus 7.2.4 in an HT application? Is it that you have multiple rows of seating that stretch over a significant distance from the screen? Lastly, what processor/AVR are you using to decode/synthesize the 5th & 6th overhead channels?

Last edited by docrog; 02-15-2019 at 11:48 AM.
post #5740 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 3994 Post(s)
Liked: 6496
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Based on the suggestion from markmon1 and mattztt, I tested my NX7 at various ADL levels.

As you can (hopefully) see at ~10% ADL the difference in Auto and Manual starts to be negligible and at 20% there is no difference.

All pictures taken with a Canon 5D Mark III and an L lamp - so that is as good as I can take with my current gear.

Also took a video of screen going from full black to full white (Iris fully clamped to fully open) that show how dramatic the Yellowing of the Auto Iris is. Video was shot on iPhone XS.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlvdMbnqRAsKgaxlHNGfIi1Mrt50aw

Thanks for the link to the patterns. Would have been a pain to create them myself :-)
Eeesh! Yeah, that's nasty... JVC definitely need to fix this. The good news is that this should most certainly be easy to fix via a firmware update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccool96 View Post
Great post. And just to clarify, this is an issue and JVC has acknowledged they are aware of it. I don’t think JVC would report that they are aware of this specific “issue” if it was working as expected. I would expect them to say, this is NOT an issue.

Speaking as someone who owns an RS600, the RS600 does something similar, but it’s far far far less severe and noticeable.

I believe JVC will be able to issue a firmware update to slightly tweak the gamma adjustments, to help fix the problem. It might not completely disappear, but it shouldn’t be this apparent.
The thing is, I would rather JVC not change the gamma adjustments at all really, because the dynamic contrast functionality is WAY better than the pre-existing eShift models, so it would be a great shame to lose this.

So personally, what I would like to see is a proper fix; wherein, what is happening here is that the gamma modulation component of the dynamic contrast functionality is skewing the grayscale and white balance, because when gamma changes so does the grayscale and white balance. So the ideal solution would be to modulate the white balance accordingly such that it still tracks the same throughout the dynamic contrast gamma modulation. This way, precisely the same improved and way better dynamic contrast functionality can be retained whilst 100% curing the ‘yellowing’… In other words it would remain precisely the same white point / 'white color' throughout

Last edited by ARROW-AV; 02-15-2019 at 11:48 AM.
post #5741 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
Eeesh! Yeah, that's nasty... JVC definitely need to fix this. The good news is that this should most certainly be easy to fix via a firmware update

The thing is, I would rather JVC not change the gamma adjustments at all really, because the dynamic contrast functionality is WAY better than the pre-existing eShift models, so it would be a great shame to lose this.

So personally, what I would like to see is a proper fix; wherein, what is happening here is that the gamma modulation component of the dynamic contrast functionality is skewing the grayscale and white balance, because when gamma changes so does the grayscale and white balance. So the ideal solution would be to modulate the white balance accordingly such that it still tracks the same throughout the dynamic contrast gamma modulation. This way, precisely the same improved and way better dynamic contrast functionality can be retained whilst 100% curing the ‘yellowing’… In other words it would remain precisely the same white point / 'white color' throughout

I agree completely with you that the overall DI performance of the new 4K units is far superior to the older eshift units.

Looking at them side by side, the RS600 DI is far more aggressive, which causes the DI to be far more visible. As I said I one of my post yesterday, I actually much prefer the DI functionally on the newer 4K units, where it seems to be less aggressive overall and far more seamless.

Regarding your point of how to accomplish this task, I’m all for your suggestion. There has to be a fairly easy way to fix the issue without sacrificing the overall much better DI performance of the new units, while curing this issue of the “Yellowing”

RapalloAV and ARROW-AV like this.
post #5742 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
The world isn't the denominator, the users who post in this thread are. Those are issues posted by members on this forum that post in this thread. Of course there are hundreds of units out there, but a majority of those people probably don't know what AVS is and therefore can't post there issues here.

Either way, that is a lot of different defects reported on such a small launch. I am keeping my pre order currently only because I live in the USA where it seems they are doing more QA.
BINGO! Many new owners throughout the world who may, or may not have problems or issues with their new 4K projectors probably don't even know that AVS exists, hence they are unable to report what problems and issues they may or may not be experiencing, but can only report those issues to JVC directly.

Hence, their argument that "hundreds of owners around the world are not having problems" is ludicrous on its face because it is an argument based upon nothing, no proof, no positive, glowing reviews... nothing but silence, with no proof to back their argument up, along with "hope" on their part that this unproven ASSUMPTION is true.

The only "denominator" any of us here on AVS can judge results by, and base any kind of reasonable conclusion and buying decisions on are what has been, and is being REPORTED BY OWNERS and reviewers here on AVS alone. Not fairy dust "hopes" and assumptions based upon SILENCE that "hundreds of (mythical) owners around the world", have good units.

And as you so aptly said: there are a lot of defects being reported.

Oh, and one more thing, the only "world wide", "international owner/reviewer" that has written any kind of thorough report or review thus far on AVS is Arrow-AV. He is from England, so I would guess that counts as a part of "the world". Anyway, so far he has reported receiving ZERO defect free production units out of two different models... ZERO.
SpykeSIK likes this.
post #5743 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 204
There's lots of discussion about quality control on here, so I just wanted to give my (admittedly newbie) take on it:

1 - It's clear that there are some quality control issues right now. If something is unlikely to happen, you don't see it happen twice to the same person in different shipments, along with several other pre-existing forum members. Sure, if it was all new members popping up complaining, you might be able to argue the data is biased. But that isn't the case.

2 - I have no doubt other manufacturers have had problematic launches of projectors too. That doesn't really change anything from my perspective. If you tell me all car manufacturers go through dodgy car launches, that wont make me feel better about buying a new model.

3 - I also have no doubt JVC will be proactive and support / replace projectors with issues. However, again, I wouldn't buy a product I expect may have issues just because I have an option to go through a lengthy replacement process

4 - Many issues seem to be solvable via firmware, which is great, but it comes back to point 2 - immature product.

5 - None of the above is any criticism of what the projectors are capable of when functioning correctly (which I haven't personally observed at all yet).

My overall sentiment is that this launch was delayed, consequently rushed, there are some quality control issues, and some further issues which appear to require fixing 'in flight'. I have nothing against JVC - I'd say the NX7 / NX9 still top my list of projector choices. However, I will be waiting until the final (ish) firmware is available and has been properly tested & reviewed - and the quality control issues have calmed down. Just to understand exactly what I'm buying - which issues will be resolved, which wont, and to avoid the risk of a lengthy returns process which I simply don't have the time or energy for.

I think this is a good policy for a lot of products, for example mobile phones. It's never wise to be the very first buyer, particularly in a new model year - you are just taking an unnecessary risk.

Last edited by JohnnyWilkinson; 02-15-2019 at 12:05 PM.
post #5744 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
Yea, JVC really needs to have a second QC process like the US in the rest of the world some how. It does seem like the law of averages outside of the US is worse. There may be a big container of units going back to JVC from the US but if most of us here have a decent projector so be it. It's not like they are selling a not as complex Apple TV product...Oh wait that stupid little thing has a lot of problems too.
At times, it feels like talking about 2 different companies. JVC USA with great customer support, free lamp for users, priority on deliveries.
And then there is JVC Europe. We have no idea when we will receive our projectors, despite having ordered them since September, mediocre QC, higher prices, no free lamp for no apparent reason.
It feels like we don't matter as customers.
Wookii, SpykeSIK and KarlKlammer like this.
post #5745 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 249
There is a new N7 review/first look on avforums.com
https://www.avforums.com/review/jvc-...rst-look.15860

This unit is obviously NOT defect.

Projection: JVC DLA-NX9
VP/Calibration: Lumagen Radiance Pro, LightSpace CMS, x-rite i1 Pro 2, x-rite i1 Display 3
post #5746 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1262 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniv View Post
No I totally understand, but it hurts more when you see it yourself. This was double boxed with plenty of peanuts etc yet the exterior box was ripped with peanuts in the delivery truck.

One edge of the product box where it dropped was pushed in the corner, although the styrofoam was still intact. It gave me some relief that the styrofoam was not broken but when I turned the projector over to get it ceiling mounted I could hear something move inside.

I think freight on a pallet would be more secure but then you have the horror stories of forklifts being driven into freight packages. You can never win.

I am considering driving to NY to pick it up but I cant do a straight shot anymore like I used to, age has taken its toll and i can do maybe 14-15 hours straight and then need a break before I can drive again.
If you can do 14-15 hours straight through, you're more of a man than me these days.

Theater rooms with projectors have made me soft apparently.
aniv likes this.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #5747 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post
You are right, even my suggested correction is not correct.

However, without data none of us have, it is impossible to say whether users outside the forum are experiencing the same percentages of issues. All we know is that a little less than half the owners who have posted here have issues. We also know that the number of U.S. owners who have posted here make up a relatively small percentage of overall owners (per statements shared by JVC dealers here). In any case, stating that most owners have issues is completely false, and he has zero data to back that up.
Typically, those with issues obviously make the most noise for sure. Around here, I think people also love sharing their "joy" with their new toys with everybody. I know I do.

It's strange because, in general, I have no patience to wait on anything I want. But with projectors for some reason, I do.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #5748 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyWilkinson View Post
I think this is a good policy for a lot of products, for example mobile phones. It's never wise to be the very first buyer, particularly in a new model year - you are just taking an unnecessary risk.
OR you can accept that risk and weather the speed bumps as a tradeoff for getting to enjoy the bleeding edge tech. <-- Guy who pre-orders the new phone every year to receive it on release day, proud owner of one of the first Tesla Model 3s in my state, and generally enthusiastic Tryer Of New Things. I avoid unnecessary risks when making investment or career decisions, but when it comes to hobbies and personal tech the consequences of taking a risk are less severe.

As an early adopter I didn't need my RS2000 to be perfect; I just need it to be basically functional with the assurance that JVC tends to take care of its customers in the long run. In the end I ended up with a nearly perfect unit so my expectations have been met and exceeded.
post #5749 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1405 Post(s)
Liked: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Should not be long then.

I counted 4 total. 2 had the same issue. The other two are completely different. How many did you count?
Mate , no offence but get your head out of the sand!

There have been a VERY limited number released here in Aus, and you dont want to know how many have had issues!!!
post #5750 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Liked: 508
As a owner with a problem, if I hadn't had an issue it's very unlikely that I would have posted anything. I posted about my problem in an effort to get input from others about it.
davidahn and Drem like this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #5751 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKlammer View Post

They sound great, but I just can't get my head around accepting these lesser black levels. That's my FAVORITE trait of my X9500.

post #5752 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmouse007 View Post
Not a troll, but a long term AVS member who genuinely cares about long term AVS members and first time projector "newbies", who doesn't want fellow AVS members to get burned.

AVS is a community, and as such, we are supposed to look out for each other. That's how it has been up until now.
Just stop. The facts are here for everyone to see. You're not adding new facts, just noise. No one needs you to look out for them, when you DON'T OWN the projector in question, thus have NO ACCESS to information other than what's already on the forum.
smitty, Brandon B, Josh Z and 2 others like this.
post #5753 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 689 Post(s)
Liked: 624
Quote:

Even though as an owner I agree can’t be true according to non-owners......Need to get my ignore button going again.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
post #5754 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:

Sart your Apple TV to 4k 24 sdr. Turn off match frame rate. Turn on match dynamic range.

This will keep you from resynching on sdr material like trailers and non hdr shows bc it will always be in 4k 24 sdr unless you watch hdr.

You’ll still have to deal with the sync time on 4k hdr material (I just pause the show until it syncs)

The negative is if you watch any native 60 shows the frame rate will be wrong, but it’s if your like me all the shows I watch are 24.

You can try it, see if you like. Works well for me
mavromatis likes this.

JVC RS2000
Anthem mrx1120//Lumagen Radiance Pro
Klipsch Ref series 7.2.4 setup
Oppo 203 //Xbox one X // Apple 4k TV
Stewart Filmscreen 135" Cima Neve
post #5755 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:

i realy like my N7 :-) its amazing hw... :-)
Mike Garrett likes this.
post #5756 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1269 Post(s)
Liked: 1002
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post57608488

In order to help remove some of the non owner comments from this owners thread, as well as other owner threads, I have created a new thread for non owner pro and con commentary.

While it is good for forum members to have as much info as possible when deciding on a product purchase, an owners thread should be reserved for comments by actual owners and direct replies to owner inquiries.

We can then ask moderators to move posts as needed.
RamsdenM, cra1g, Dandlj and 1 others like this.

JVC X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen (Flexi-White) - ub820 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - Xbone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + AVR-3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 (all around) BIC 12" Sub
post #5757 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 397 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5585 Post(s)
Liked: 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by loggeo View Post
I used to own an Isco IIIL. Paladin dcr is way better for users projecting in short throw. I am just over 1.4x.
I'd love your explanation to this... If you are anywhere further away than minimum throw, the Isco is essentially the benchmark...
Bytehoven likes this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #5758 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
They sound great, but I just can't get my head around accepting these lesser black levels. That's my FAVORITE trait of my X9500.
I have decided to trade the black level of my X9500 for less internal reflections, better motion handling and more image stability.

Projection: JVC DLA-NX9
VP/Calibration: Lumagen Radiance Pro, LightSpace CMS, x-rite i1 Pro 2, x-rite i1 Display 3
post #5759 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
I am very happy with my RS3000...ecstatic even. I have even began to to upgrade my HTPC to take full advantage of the capabilities of the incredible image it throws.

There is another local owner I know that got his first (I think he said he was the second actual owner in the US) and after seeing his, it made me run to AVAD so I could get mine.

I spoke with him and he feels the same way that I do about why no new owners are not posting reviews...First, they are just enjoying their machines and watching tons of movies...but more importantly...

This community has become a very hostile environment full of "trolls" that don't even own the very machine they are trolling about...heck, they haven't even seen one in person.

The old adage is that forums usually consist of the 5% of people having issues while the other 95% are having too much fun enjoying them and don't have time to post how great they are till the honeymoon has worn off.

This hostility has, or is slowly, driving away some of the most knowledgeable people. The ones that have the experience and expertise, also the people that can put 2-to-4,000 hours on a projector each year, to make these forums helpful. Those are the people I want to talk to...not someone that has pretty much said, on numerous occasions, that he will NOT buy one.

I know of several new owners that posted a single review on this thread and were pretty much blasted by nay-sayers and they haven't posted a single word since.

So yeah, in my opinion, you are acting like a troll. A person that "genuinely cares about long term AVS members and first time projector "newbies", who doesn't want fellow AVS members to get burned." would not critic a product that he/she does not own, has never seen, and who is only echoing the bad experiences of that very vocal 5%.

/rantoff
As someone who has personally logged approximately 18,000 hours of projector use on a number of projectos in about 9 years, and who has, like countless others here on AVS been burned big time after buying defective projectors with known "issues" from SONY Corp (and others) that they never permanently fixed or repaired;

Having boxed and reboxed defective SONY projectors, sent them back "for repair" and returned again SIX TIMES;

SONY repair having my various projectors in their possession for a combined total of over EIGHTEEN MONTHS;

Having to contact our states Attorney General of Consumer Affairs and having to hire an attorney and file official legal documents against SONY Corp. After getting nowhere with them for years, and threatening legal action before SONY Corp would even consider the validity of my "issues" and to deal with them, without ever acknowledging those "issues" even existed;

Yes, I believe I have earned the "right" to speak here on AVS to warn others lest they get burned as well. Thus far there is little hard evidence that inspires confidence in encouraging people here on AVS to take a chance on a new, untested, unproven 4K projector line.

And while you may reject my "qualifications" and label me "a troll", I sincerely doubt you would call into question Arrow - AV's "qualifications"; and thus far, he has reported ZERO "defect free" production units from two different models. One of which he personally picked up and transported directly from JVC, lest it be "damaged in shipping", and even that one was a lemon! He had to return both units because they had such serious "issues".

As for your assertion that I need to spend thousands of dollars on a new, untested, unproven, potentially defective JVC 4K projector in order to comment on it is ludicrous.

You don't have to buy something bad in order to make an informed judgment that it is bad. All you need to do is look at the facts, as reported thus far and draw an informed decision and conclusion based upon those facts.

If, those facts change, with time, only then do you reevaluate your conclusions. That's common sense.

One more thing; you are wrong, I did want to purchase a new native 4K JVC projector. I have been waiting for quite sometime to do so. However I refuse to play the "early adopter", unpaid beta tester, guinea pig fool any longer.

If JVC, wants my money, they have to earn it by producing reliable products that perform as advertised and that aren't potentially plagued with defects and "issues" right out of the box which will "hopefully" be "fixed" down the road by a magic "firmware update"... how often have we heard that ill fated "promise" before.
post #5760 of 16217 Old 02-15-2019, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickb1965 View Post
Just playing devils' advocate here before anyone bites my head off, but if you take Arrow's situation, it doesn't look good.

2 units received, both have 'significant' issues.

From a UK perspective, to have 2 samples of different models delivered to one of the most highly-regarded dealers here, & both are lemons, can't be good in anyone's book, just sayin.....
BINGO!

So far Arrow is batting ZERO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page