Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 195 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 21311Likes

post #5821 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1303 Post(s)
Liked: 1057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javs View Post
Hang on, dont all JVC's do this?

Im sure I see the same double image inside the lens elements on my eshift JVC...
That's what I thought - even on the early HD1 or HD100s. If you had the lens shift central it was worse, but moving the image up or down improved it. As most people have them ceiling mounted I don't think it was a big issue for most people. It also affected the measured ANSI IIRC and it would measure better the more lens shift was used. At least that's how I seem to remember things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc
Who says Cameron is "right" and why do we care about him so much - lol!

I trust Gary Lightfoot more than James Cameron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 06:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Quoted: 13219 Post(s)
Liked: 10836
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post
Hi Mike. Using a Stewart nueve. I will rewatch the lord of rings with white paper to see if it happens. Also, I’m using out of box settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out of the box, the iris is fully open, so you may be viewing brighter than your old projector. Really need a light meter so that you know what you had and what you have now. What was your older projector and do you know how you had it set up? On your new projector, press the advanced menu to see what lamp power you are using and turn off dynamic iris to see what manual iris setting you are using.

What size screen?
What throw distance?
post #5823 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 06:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 501 Post(s)
Quoted: 6937 Post(s)
Liked: 6661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Lightfoot View Post
That's what I thought - even on the early HD1 or HD100s. If you had the lens shift central it was worse, but moving the image up or down improved it. As most people have them ceiling mounted I don't think it was a big issue for most people. It also affected the measured ANSI IIRC and it would measure better the more lens shift was used. At least that's how I seem to remember things.
Yep. My 9500 ghosting moves around with lens shift too. Also just watched Cine4homes video on how it was moving around with lens shift, honestly, mine does the same thing.

It was interesting he could use an amount of lens shift so it more or less eradicated it, Might even have a think about using the higher shelf for my JVC, it may very well help even more with that.

Also some people such as Seegs on another forum reported NO lens reflection issues, so perhaps mounting angle and such plays a huge role.

Its a catch 22. When I build a new house I was going to go up to something like 165" diagonal 16:9, and was hoping to mount the PJ much more on center to maximise screen gain and the viewing cone being the most efficient, seems this might induce even more ghosting.

Obviously its something I wish we didnt have to deal with, but I dont think this is something fixable in the short term, it seems to me they have had this issue for a long time.

JVC X9500 (RS620) | 120" 16:9 | Marantz AV7702 MkII | Emotiva XPA-7 | DIY Modular Towers | DIY TPL-150 Surrounds | DIY Atmos | DIY 18" Subs
-
MadVR Settings | UHD Waveform Analysis | Arve Tool Instructions + V3 Javs Curves
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5824 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavromatis View Post
Ok-so this has to be introduced somewhere in the chain for hdr content. When I get home i’ll plug the atv directly with a short premium certified hdmi cable.
I get the same thing on my RS540 with the Nvidia Shield. It's the only streaming show I've ever seen the banding in though. Assumed it was just the source. Maybe I'll try my Roku and see if it's the same.
post #5825 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
I have a question on my new RS2000. I am noticing a lot of 'Video noise" or "sparkles" or shimmering on a few of the movies we've watched lately. I don't remember noticing this on my RS620. Is their a setting I need to change? Let me know if I'm not clear. Thank you
Need a different HDMI cable possibly? Have you tried from a different source like your Oppo or Xbox for the same movie?
post #5826 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 07:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Out of the box, the iris is fully open, so you may be viewing brighter than your old projector. Really need a light meter so that you know what you had and what you have now. What was your older projector and do you know how you had it set up? On your new projector, press the advanced menu to see what lamp power you are using and turn off dynamic iris to see what manual iris setting you are using.

What size screen?
What throw distance?
Old projector was an RS620 calibrated by Jeff Meir. I will look at my settings and rewatch parts of the movie. We just finished watching Bahamian rhapsody on Blu-ray. I didn’t see any of the sparkles that we saw on lord of the rings.

125” 2:35:1
12.5’

Thank you

JVC RS3000 : Panamorph DCR Lens : Screen Innovations 125" Slate 1.2 2.40.1
Anthem MRX 1120 : Kaleidescape Strato S 12TB :Kaleidescape 24TB Server :Apple TV 4K
Oppo 203 : Xbox One X
Paradigm 95f , 55c, Paradigm Elite in wall surround and atmos speakers
SVS sb16 ultra x 3 : Emotiva XPA 3 DR 3 for LCR : Current Setup 7.3.4 Atmos : Savant Pro
post #5827 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post
Need a different HDMI cable possibly? Have you tried from a different source like your Oppo or Xbox for the same movie?
Ugh. Hopefully not a bad cable. No issues with previous projector. I will try different sources tomorrow. Thank you

Anthem MRX 1120 : Kaleidescape Strato S 12TB :Kaleidescape 24TB Server :Apple TV 4K
SVS sb16 ultra x 3 : Emotiva XPA 3 DR 3 for LCR : Current Setup 7.3.4 Atmos : Savant Pro
post #5828 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattztt View Post
I haven't seen anything like this on my RS2000 with default settings. It it something you can capture on video?
I can try tomorrow. Thank you

post #5829 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Send a message via Skype™ to mariob33
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
I TOTALLY agree that the moderator for this thread has apparently lost sight of the mission here: an OWNER'S thread. Posters have previously been admonished against posting about wine & sports cars (etc.), yet page after page here has been taken up by those who have NO skin in the game (for instance, jmouse001) who are provocative & always manage to elicit a litany of responses and back & forths. I agree with BondDonBond that they must be directed to other sites where they can feel free to commiserate with similarly disposed malcontents. Let's STOP the endless stream of unsupported suppositions and conjectures about why the JVC line was delayed, how poor the initial run may (or may not) have been, what a PR blunder this was for JVC, which posters are 'big time players' with vested interests, etc., etc. I, for one, have previously decided to "ignore" jmouse007 after reading endless diatribes against JVC, even before the initial units had been shipped. Unfortunately, others here continue to be sucked into his controversy, so I'm unable to escape his posts second hand. C'mon moderator, please step in and make this a thread which is largely useful to those who have purchased or are seriously considering purchase of these 3 initial JVC models and restrict or sanction those who clutter the pages with distractions. We're supposed to be here to be of help to one another and that's at risk to being lost in the deluge of extraneous and unnecessary commentary.

Also, a request to posters: could you please learn how to avoid taking up significant amount of space on the page because of the inclusion all of the prior images when replying to a prior post? ArrowAV (and other experienced posters) almost always condenses superfluous photos into a "spoiler" insert in his reply. I think that should be the standard here.

Kettle meet pot!
michael391 likes this.

In search of video bliss...
post #5830 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavromatis View Post
Ok-so this has to be introduced somewhere in the chain for hdr content. When I get home i’ll plug the atv directly with a short premium certified hdmi cable.
Confirmed! My shielded cat6 hdbaseT is to blame! It’s causing the hdr banding... plugging directly to the projector removes all my banding issues... phew! Was starting to go nuts here... will run a new hdmi cable.
Spizz, davidahn, Brandon B and 4 others like this.
post #5831 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 743 Post(s)
Liked: 686
You guys have me seriously concerned now. Between the videos of FedEx doing a bank shot off the top step with the projector box and our projector pros here finding some possible flaws in the JVC lens design I’m getting skeptical about this new JVC series. Granted JVC has no control over the shippers they do have control over how their products are packed. The lens design is a head scratcher as we have reports now on two different designed lenses. What gives?

Clark
post #5832 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmouse007 View Post
Given your explanation it appears that potential customers throughout Great Britain end up having zero confidence that any JVC projector they buy won't have "issues". Most reassuring.
Oh give it a rest will ya? You've made clear how you feel -- over and over again ad nauseum.

Furthermore, there is a separate thread for your type of comments:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...at-emptor.html

Can you please post your exaggerated horror scenarios about the new projectors in that thread and leave us owners and prospective owners alone? Thanks much.
post #5833 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak306 View Post
If that drop broke the projector, then the packaging is totally inadequate. You can not expect either UPS or Fedex to ship that size/weight package and not have it bumped at least as hard as shown in the video.

These projectors appear to be too big/heavy for UPS/Fedex.

IMHO, for the double boxing to be effective, it should be lined with 2-3” of soft foam, such that a 6” drop would not result in visible damage to the inner box.
Maybe you should watch the video again. The projector was at thigh level, so more like a 2' drop. A 50 pound weight dropped 2' generates quite a bit of force when it hits solid concrete. The outer box is 6" longer, 6" wider and 6" taller. Air space is filled with bubble wrap and foam peanuts.
aniv likes this.
post #5834 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 5939 Post(s)
Liked: 4011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmouse007 View Post
How do I know? Simple, I can read: The yellowing issue has been reported by a number of owners and reviewers who are intimately acquainted with JVC and have stated within the thread that it isn't "normal" and that JVC has been made aware of it. That's how.
Please paste me the link to the review that witnessed this and stated it isn’t normal in his review.
post #5835 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 08:15 PM

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Burk View Post
You guys have me seriously concerned now. Between the videos of FedEx doing a bank shot off the top step with the projector box and our projector pros here finding some possible flaws in the JVC lens design I’m getting skeptical about this new JVC series. Granted JVC has no control over the shippers they do have control over how their products are packed. The lens design is a head scratcher as we have reports now on two different designed lenses. What gives?
Clark, I'm not an expert, but it appears that Chad B, a known calibrator had a few comments in his review of the RS3000 that I thought you might want to see again.

Chad B:

After calibration, the RS3000’s measured performance (color, grayscale tracking, and gamma) was virtually flawless in SDR mode.

Switching to familiar reference 4K HDR Blu Rays, the image was, as expected, simply stunning in HDR Bright (a renamed User mode based off high lamp, no color filter, Auto 2 aperture, and custom gamma curve). The incredible light output, combined with the Auto aperture (AKA Dynamic Iris), led to a powerful image that had to be seen to be believed. Shadow detail was nicely balanced, and colors were rich and satisfying.

Conclusion:

The RS3000 is a significant advancement in many ways over JVC’s previous models, which is saying a lot. Native 4K resolution and excellent focus give fantastic detail. The improvements in the Dynamic Iris are significant, and make it a very useful enhancement that can be used without reservation. Even though the measured contrast numbers were not as strong as other recent lamp based JVCs, the DI improvement minimized or made up for any visible contrast difference in my situation. The RS3000’s image reminded me of JVC’s much more expensive RS4500, and it’s time in my home theater was amazingly satisfying.
post #5836 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Old projector was an RS620 calibrated by Jeff Meir. I will look at my settings and rewatch parts of the movie. We just finished watching Bahamian rhapsody on Blu-ray. I didn’t see any of the sparkles that we saw on lord of the rings.

125” 2:35:1
12.5’

Thank you
I would guess that you are currently around 26FL. I would guess Jeff calibrated your 620 to around 16FL. I am pretty sure this is the difference between the two systems. Also running so much brighter, raises your black floor and reduces your contrast.
post #5837 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 08:28 PM

Quote:
You do realize this years lens design is the same as last year. In fact it has been the same design for several years. The reflection in the lens is as Jav's said. Has been around for several years, just like bright corners.
post #5838 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 5939 Post(s)
Liked: 4011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Brother I respect you .. <edited because it was not in tone keeping of this discussion> . I am telling you there is a Yellow problem, even the JVC USA customer service has escalated the pictures I uploaded here and sent to them to JVC Japan. Mike has done the same. So there is a yellow problem. You cant tell me that red looking more like orange when DI turns on is not a problem.

Edit: You are one of the most helpful contributor on this forum - so I don't write the above with any sense of disrespect or vitriol. Apologies I this comes across as combative - that is not my intent.
Hey tommarra are you interested in trying a few things?

I believe that the iris operation is the last thing in the chain. So what happens if you crank up the brightness to +1 or +2 even. The black will raise but does the yellowing go away?
Also (and this might be more useful) if you put brightness back and go into the gamma on white balance and set dark level to say -7 and up picture a bit maybe +4, does the yellow turn more white (again, not suggesting this as a perm fix just curious).

Video: JVC RS4500 135" ST130 G4 screen in batcave, htpc nvidia 1080ti madVR.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, Infinite Baffle Subs 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 2x12 fi audio mounted in main chair firing into back.
post #5839 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 08:51 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7165 Post(s)
Liked: 7201
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
This is the old one that's gone back to JVC and is being replaced
When are you getting a new one and a new NX7.

Quote:
That is why we have insurance, it provides us a piece of mind. Your dealer is responsible for damage, not you. Does not matter how well it is packed you still have risks.
post #5840 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 09:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi,ke Garrett View Post
Maybe you should watch the video again. The projector was at thigh level, so more like a 2' drop. A 50 pound weight dropped 2' generates quite a bit of force when it hits solid concrete. The outer box is 6" longer, 6" wider and 6" taller. Air space is filled with bubble wrap and foam peanuts.
I watched it 3 times. The driver lost control of the box and the corner hit the pavement. It was not dropped from 2 ft. Most of the weight was (IMO) still being supported by the driver.

The extra packing you describe does sound adequate.

But I still would suggest, that level of mishap is pretty probable with that size/weight of package with a single person delivering it. Not that I have the answer. Other than a “white glove” delivery option for several hundred $. (I recently bought 2 bathroom medicine cabinets. The only delivery option was the white glove option at $550.)
post #5841 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:

Don’t be worried, even with the shipping mishap it’s still throwing a terrific image. RS2000 here watching Prometheus.

post #5842 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 09:47 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
I watched it 3 times. The driver lost control of the box and the corner hit the pavement. It was not dropped from 2 ft. Most of the weight was (IMO) still being supported by the driver.

But I still would suggest, that level of mishap is pretty probable with that size/weight of package with a single person delivering it. Not that I have the answer. Other than a “white glove” delivery option for several hundred $. (I recently bought 2 bathroom medicine cabinets. The only delivery option was the white glove option at $550.)

I was standing right there, it’s easily 2ft as Mike said and it had a nice sound to it as it hit the concrete driveway. It clearly had a large high claim value and fragile marking; Driver didn’t listen to me when I asked him to wait for me to assist. Packaging or not I think overconfidence led to the drop which could have been avoided if he had only listened.

We will never know what caused the damage but the drop cannot be good. I’m still surprised it works perfectly outside of the fan/ rattle noise in high lamp.

post #5843 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 803 Post(s)
Liked: 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Hey tommarra are you interested in trying a few things?

I believe that the iris operation is the last thing in the chain. So what happens if you crank up the brightness to +1 or +2 even. The black will raise but does the yellowing go away?

Also (and this might be more useful) if you put brightness back and go into the gamma on white balance and set dark level to say -7 and up picture a bit maybe +4, does the yellow turn more white (again, not suggesting this as a perm fix just curious).

Tried both. Increasing the brightness or changing the gamma had no impact whatsoever in the yellowing .

This was at a 5%ADL pattern

Gear: Fronts: B&W 804D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W 684S2 | Heights: B&W DM601S3 | Subs: 3x PSA S1500 Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Monoprice Monolith 7x200 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #5844 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 10:11 PM

Quote:

First screenshot is 8:01 54 seconds.
Second picture is 8:01 55 seconds.

First picture clearly shows it is around 2' above the concrete. Second picture clearly shows the package is not being supported by the driver when it hit the ground.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 11.07.12 PM.png
Views:	95
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	2526488   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 11.00.57 PM.png
Views:	91
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	2526490  
post #5845 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked: 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniv View Post
Don’t be worried, even with the shipping mishap it’s still throwing a terrific image. RS2000 here watching Prometheus.
Yeah, but that's the last thing we care about, isn't it.
post #5846 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 10:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
First screenshot is 8:01 54 seconds.
Second picture is 8:01 55 seconds.

First picture clearly shows it is around 2' above the concrete. Second picture clearly shows the package is not being supported by the driver when it hit the ground.

I believe that aniv stated that the internal styrofoam was not damaged (and many JVC projectors have arrived with damaged styrofoam). So it couldn't have been too strong a blow. But that is really besides the point. The main point I would make is that package is too large/heavy for a typical UPS/Fedex driver.
panman40 likes this.
post #5847 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 10:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Received my RS1000!

Can someone tell me how to get PC at 4k resolution? It just shows as a generic monitor in Windows and max res of 1080.

Thanks!
post #5848 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cine4Home View Post
OK I have the exact same phenomenon with my N5 (see attachment).

What is going on here???

Hi Ekki, can you post some test patern where we can check it if our projector are affected too?

Thank you
post #5849 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 10:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscic View Post
Can someone tell me how to get PC at 4k resolution? It just shows as a generic monitor in Windows and max res of 1080.
Right click on the desktop -> Display Settings and see if the other resolutions are listed in the slider. My Surface Laptop 2 also defaulted to 1920x1080 for some reason, but 3840x2160 and 4096x2160 were also listed and displayed perfectly. If using a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter, ensure it supports 4k - the first one I used maxed out at 1920x1200.
post #5850 of 24058 Old 02-15-2019, 11:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
Happy to report that the free bulb for my NX7 arrived safely, less than 2 weeks after I mailed the form. The bulb is the correct model (PK-L2618UW) and is undamaged (externally) on visual examination.
Do JVC let you know (via the email address you supply on the promo form) when they have received the form or shipped the lamp? With the Seattle Snowmagedden approaching I sent mine Priority so that it had tracking and saw they received it. Plenty of window left, just wondering if it just turns up out of the blue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
drift , Jvc , nx5 , nx7 , nx9 , pixel alignment , rs1000 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page