Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 223 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 25128Likes

post #6661 of 28578 Old 02-24-2019, 08:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7621 Post(s)
Liked: 7693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highjinx View Post
One would think with expensive items such as these, freight companies would offer a premium golden glove service, for an additional charge of course. Train the delivery driver properly and supply the correct equipment to enable safe handling.
Does not matter, they would still damage items, the shipping business has been the same way for the last 15 years I have been involved, there is no accountability, and eventually if you put up a big enough fight they will tell you to ship with someone else. Problem is there are only a few shippers that will touch expensive goods which leaves everyone stuck within about 7 companies. Sure you can switch but the next guy is the same way...... The good news is, they pretty much pay the claims if there is damage.
Reddig likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6662 of 28578 Old 02-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Also, this is where madVR type tone mapping really shines. What if a movie has a MaxCLL of 4500 nits, but that's 1 pixel in the whole movie and the next brightest is say 1100 nits. If you use a 4500 nit curve on that, the whole picture is a little too dark. MadVR handles this situation ideally by measuring each frame.
I sure wish that they could put this technology in a 4K BR player or the projector itself.
Spizz, smitty and Craig Mecak like this.

Theater Room - JVC RS2000, Dalite 148" Scope, Pioneer SC-65, Panasonic UB820, Energy APS 5+2(2), Energy AC 300(1), Energy CR-3(4), PSA 15"Sub(2)
Sports Room - JVC RS4810, Dalite 106" 16:9, Onkyo TX-SR875, Oppo BDP-103, Energy C-7(2) w/Energy S8.2(2), Energy C-C3(1) w/Energy S10.2(1), Energy CR-3(3), Energy S12.3
post #6663 of 28578 Old 02-24-2019, 09:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post
I sure wish that they could put this technology in a 4K BR player or the projector itself.
And if they can't, that Lumagen releases a box that just does this function at hopefully a much reduced rate
mbw23air and Jim Cutter like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6664 of 28578 Old 02-24-2019, 09:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Liked: 377
My RS2000 crashed today. I was watching HDR content (Netflix on Xbox One X) and the screen abruptly showed the image below. It was definitely the projector as I couldn't open the menu and switching sources and power cycling the AVR had no effect. I powered down and powered back up and it was fine. I'm chalking this up to sh*t happens unless it starts becoming a regular occurrence.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rs2000 feeling blue.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	2530774  
Kyle_Gates and RapalloAV like this.
post #6665 of 28578 Old 02-24-2019, 10:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1016 Post(s)
Liked: 597
Off topic post - but I will be building my HTPC for MadVR to use with my NX7 this week. Can someone please point me to how to setup MadVR esp for real-time frame by frame dynamic mapping. I get approx 25FL in high lamp on my screen and about 18fL on low lamp - and hoping to get HDR like performance on low lamp via the dynamic mapping

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated
dgrizzard likes this.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 804D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 684S2 | Backs: B&W 684S2 | Heights: B&W DM601S3 | Subs: 3x PSA S1500 Receiver & Amps: Arcam AV40 + Monoprice Monolith 7x200 + Outlaw 7000x | Projector: JVC NX7 | Screen: 126 inch 16:9 Stewart Studiotek 130 G4 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #6666 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 12:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 6792 Post(s)
Liked: 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Off topic post - but I will be building my HTPC for MadVR to use with my NX7 this week. Can someone please point me to how to setup MadVR esp for real-time frame by frame dynamic mapping. I get approx 25FL in high lamp on my screen and about 18fL on low lamp - and hoping to get HDR like performance on low lamp via the dynamic mapping

If you just want to be up and running, you can start with build45, which is what I've been using for a couple weeks and its really good. The progress on this is almost daily builds, so at least build45 is a good stable starting point from my perspective. If you do that, you can grab the build from post 5099: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post57595492. Make sure you turn off measurement files, do not enable anything in the trade quality for performance screen that disables the measurement of frames, and configure the hdr like shown in the image, but set your nits. 1FL = 3.46 nits. So your low lamp setting is 62 nits. So start there. (You'll see I entered 105 nits on my screen).

There are other things in madVR to configure, but you might want to take that to the madVR 4k pc thread. Some hints are that you want to sync your display mode to your actual projector and desktop mode. I use RGB/8 desktop so I map everything to BT706 in madVR and have windows to extended color (0-255 not 16-235). My projector is in either enhanced or auto for this. If you're in standard or YUV you'll want to set that stuff instead. If you're mapping to BT2020 instead of BT706, you'll need to set that and whether or not you're using a calibrated display and to what curve. I am currently using a lot of settings that are probably not recommended settings or I'd paste more of my screens here. Like I do a lot of stuff on desktop and it's just easier to have it always at RGB / 8 bit extended. I think madVR does a great job translating the color space.

If you use these settings, you'll note that the "output video in HDR format" box is unchecked. This will cause your projector to think it's just getting SDR. Perfect - so it won't try to tone map etc. So just treat it like regular video at that point. Make sure your desktop is at 4K not 1080p. MadVR has a ton of great upscaling options that are better left for another thread. I value it's upscaling more than its tone mapping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr-qualityforperf.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	2530820   Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr-hdrsettings.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	2530822   Click image for larger version

Name:	madvr-hdrmeasurementfiles.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	2530824  

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
post #6667 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 01:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
Agree with Willie...
Any thing that burns with fire is bad for a projector, fireplaces, incense, candles, vaping etc...
Even if you can't smell it, the particulates enter the house from the source and spread.
It affects the projector especially because the intake fan draws it in.
Even occasional use of any of the things mentioned will have a bad effect, it will just take longer.

Amazing stuff! I can say that there are plenty of dust particles constantly floating around my little cave. I will have to refrain from burning anything in the future. Any suggestions for pleasant odors to mask unpleasant dog odors other than banning entrance of dogs? They like action films as much as the next dog!
post #6668 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post
Get on of the electric candle warmers that warms the wax and gives you the scent without the soot and smoke.

Aaaahhhhhh! I knew someone would come up with something! Thanks Jim! I'll give it a go.
Jim Cutter likes this.
post #6669 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Yep my friend bought me one of those for a house warming gift. They work great and zero smoke. Perfect idea...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoy View Post
I run a window cleaning business. When doing places where they have fireplaces, or burn candles or incense, the water in my bucket turns black as ink by the time I wash five or six windows. Even though they don't look dirty, those windows are covered by a thin layer of soot. Believe me, if you burn candles, incense or have your projector in a room with an open fireplace or combustion fireplace, soot will be all over your projector. Will it damage it badly? Probably not, but it aint doing it any good either. If you can avoid it, leave the burning things out of your theatre.

No ****! Never imagined! I have a candle warmer on the way from Amazon. Thanks for the insight guys!
post #6670 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 03:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattztt View Post
My RS2000 crashed today. I was watching HDR content (Netflix on Xbox One X) and the screen abruptly showed the image below. It was definitely the projector as I couldn't open the menu and switching sources and power cycling the AVR had no effect. I powered down and powered back up and it was fine. I'm chalking this up to sh*t happens unless it starts becoming a regular occurrence.

That looks like an hdmi cable issue, I’ve had similar looking screens over the years with different pjs.
post #6671 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 05:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
I'm seeing something similar. I get a different more regular pattern of vertical lines but everything else is the same, i.e. the only thing that gets rid of it is a power cycle.

In investigating I've found out the following:

1. I just happen to have a large group of video files that have almost the same patterns at the beginning. Every one of these causes the problem (at the beginning), whereas almost nothing else will cause it.
2. I did not have this problem on firmware 1.17. It suddenly started when I updated to 1.20. While this could have been a coincidence, I think that the odds are that it is firmware related.

Based on the above, I believe that this problem exists in 1.20, but most people will only see it very infrequently, if at all. I agree that, on first glance, this could be taken for a HDMI cabling issue, but I've investigated that thoroughly and that is not the case.

I'm investigating further.
post #6672 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 05:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post
Candles are almost as bad. As they burn down you can see the darker smoke rising off the wick. That dark smoke is really soot.

Don't do it.

Also Candles leave a waxy (surprise) residue, you can notice this after a time of burning them.
post #6673 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quoted: 6792 Post(s)
Liked: 4901
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I'm seeing something similar. I get a different more regular pattern of vertical lines but everything else is the same, i.e. the only thing that gets rid of it is a power cycle.

1. I just happen to have a large group of video files that have almost the same patterns at the beginning. Every one of these causes the problem (at the beginning), whereas almost nothing else will cause it.
2. I did not have this problem on firmware 1.17. It suddenly started when I updated to 1.20. While this could have been a coincidence, I think that the odds are that it is firmware related.

Based on the above, I believe that this problem exists in 1.20, but most people will only see it very infrequently, if at all. I agree that, on first glance, this could be taken for a HDMI cabling issue, but I've investigated that thoroughly and that is not the case.

What do yo mean videos with the same patterns? Can you say what the videos are and what the patterns are?

JVC Control - my software for controlling JVC projector via IP control.
Smart Masking - See my automatic smart screen masking system.
JVC IR Codes - free online pronto code converter for JVC IR codes.
post #6674 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What do yo mean videos with the same patterns? Can you say what the videos are and what the patterns are?
The files are captures off streaming which all have the same lead in graphic - a sort of "spinning circle". I've also seen the problem consistently with a menu that is created internally in my HTPC. I certainly don't have enough information to predict what exactly will cause the problem (and I may never have). I do intend to try to extract a video clip that will reproduce the problem reliably.

So far, my experience is that the problem will occur very, very infrequently in regular video material, so much so that many people will never see it at all. The OP was, of course, one of the exceptions (if indeed it was the same problem).
post #6675 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

Nope, no lock up. But I use IP Control with the rs2000 (iRule) without any problem.

Anyway I just wanted to flag that in my case this green screen was a refresh rate issue. If all your sources produce this, then it's a different problem.
Anything special to do with the gateway or anything on iRule? I have this setup and the app shows a connection, but commands fail.

Using port 20554 and RS series commands downloaded from iRule.

Commands start x21/x89/x01 and so on.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #6676 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 05:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 5924 Post(s)
Liked: 6503
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Anything special to do with the gateway or anything on iRule? I have this setup and the app shows a connection, but commands fail.

Using port 20554 and RS series commands downloaded from iRule.

Commands start x21/x89/x01 and so on.
You need to send a PJREQ command either before each command, or as part of an entrance/repeat. I simply stack PJREQ before each command, otherwise it closes the menu if you send it regularly.
ChldsPlay likes this.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
JVC Macro feature on Vertex/Vertex2/Integral2/Maestro/Diva
post #6677 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 06:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post
That looks like an hdmi cable issue, I’ve had similar looking screens over the years with different pjs.
It's a hard crash of the PJ software which I think is hard to pin down on any specific cause, particularly as it's only happened once in 58 hours of use. While I could imagine bad HDMI data might trigger it I would expect HDMI cable issues to be resolvable by switching inputs or power cycling the AVR; both of which should cause an HDMI re-sync.
markmon1 likes this.
post #6678 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is it a static image or does it change as the video keeps playing? Mine was static; nothing I did changed anything on the screen. In my case I restarted the stream I was watching a few second before this happened so it did replay the same content but the problem did not manifest again.
post #6679 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 06:32 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
It seems all grey n doom from all the comments so far. Is the N series really so bad in terms of PQ or just some bugs that needs to be fixed?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
post #6680 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1842 Post(s)
Liked: 944
Quote:
Is it a static image or does it change as the video keeps playing? Mine was static; nothing I did changed anything on the screen. In my case I restarted the stream I was watching a few second before this happened so it did replay the same content but the problem did not manifest again.
This type of crash has been reported back to at least the RS400/500/600 line of Projectors (I am not aware of issues with prior ones, as I wasn't involved in HT at that time). At one point, it seemed to occur with Netflix streaming content via Roku, specifically when CMD was enabled. Consequently, it was recommended to disable CMD when streaming Netflix (at least on a Roku). I have seen it sporadically on my RS400, even when Netflix and/or the Roku was not involved, so that basically disproves that theory.

Somehow, it is just losing sync, and I also don't think the HDMI cable as such has anything to do with it. I will occasionally see it when I go from watching a UHD movie on disc and the player returns to its home menu. The Projector is actually responding to commands on the remote, it's just that you can't see what is happening. So if you turn it off with the Remote, as you would normally, it will shut down properly.

I was hoping this glitch would not occur with the new generation of JVC's, but apparently this is not the case.

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #6681 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 06:55 AM

Mentioned: 289 Post(s)
Quoted: 14009 Post(s)
Liked: 11682
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
One would think with expensive items such as these, freight companies would offer a premium golden glove service, for an additional charge of course. Train the delivery driver properly and supply the correct equipment to enable safe handling.

Would be a darn sight cheaper than the back and forthing.....
Probably more like enforce the training that was taught. Like the video posted earlier. All the driver needed to do was take care with the package and use his two wheeled dolly and the projector probably would have been fine. Instead, he tried to manhandle the large package and dropped it. I know UPS drivers are supposed to have a two wheeled dolly on their truck. My UPS driver uses it all the time on large packages and he is not a small guy. I guess it comes down to, do you take pride in your work and customer satisfaction or just don't care.
cargen and coxy2416 like this.
post #6682 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Also, this is where madVR type tone mapping really shines. What if a movie has a MaxCLL of 4500 nits, but that's 1 pixel in the whole movie and the next brightest is say 1100 nits. If you use a 4500 nit curve on that, the whole picture is a little too dark. MadVR handles this situation ideally by measuring each frame.
That is where the slider adjustment for brightness comes in.
post #6683 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
It's a hard crash of the PJ software which I think is hard to pin down on any specific cause, particularly as it's only happened once in 58 hours of use. While I could imagine bad HDMI data might trigger it I would expect HDMI cable issues to be resolvable by switching inputs or power cycling the AVR; both of which should cause an HDMI re-sync.
To confirm it is not an HDMI issue. If it does this again, unplug the HDMI cable from the projector and wait about 10 minutes to see if it clears. If it clears, then it was an HDMI issue caused by another piece of equipment.
post #6684 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked: 1321
Exclamation

Quote:
One would think with expensive items such as these, freight companies would offer a premium golden glove service, for an additional charge of course.
Train the delivery driver properly and supply the correct equipment to enable safe handling.

Would be a darn sight cheaper than the back and forthing.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Probably more like enforce the training that was taught. Like the video posted earlier. All the driver needed to do was take care with the package and use his two wheeled dolly and the projector probably would have been fine. Instead, he tried to manhandle the large package and dropped it. I know UPS drivers are supposed to have a two wheeled dolly on their truck. My UPS driver uses it all the time on large packages and he is not a small guy. I guess it comes down to, do you take pride in your work and customer satisfaction or just don't care.
Highjinx & Mike,

As both of you say there are very-very easy ways to eliminate a large percentage of DAMAGED goods.
It all comes down to exactly what we all know .........
All the people involved have to (Care) and saying it like we all know it really is.
That just simply is not the case at all.
It's like UPS or Fed Ex dropping package/packages at your Front-Door and REFUSE to ring the Damn-Door-Bell.
How hard is that to do when they are already right there where it's located !!!

Terry
post #6685 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post

Same here I am also building this week as well - any pointers to a guide specifically around 1080p upscale and 4k HDR dynamic tone mapping would be appreciated.
Bill DePalma likes this.
post #6686 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 1129
Lots of 4K hdr Demo content on this site can download to watch - some look pretty amazing just on my ancient 1080P RS25 -

https://4kmedia.org/
markmon1 likes this.

15400 Watts of Atmos Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived - JVC N7
post #6687 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
In my case, the vertical lines remain constant most of the time. However, it continues playing with the correct images "underneath" the vertical lines. If you're saying that you see ONLY the vertical lines (and nothing else) once they occur, then it becomes more possible that we have different problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
This type of crash has been reported back to at least the RS400/500/600 line of Projectors (I am not aware of issues with prior ones, as I wasn't involved in HT at that time). At one point, it seemed to occur with Netflix streaming content via Roku, specifically when CMD was enabled. Consequently, it was recommended to disable CMD when streaming Netflix (at least on a Roku). I have seen it sporadically on my RS400, even when Netflix and/or the Roku was not involved, so that basically disproves that theory.

Somehow, it is just losing sync, and I also don't think the HDMI cable as such has anything to do with it. I will occasionally see it when I go from watching a UHD movie on disc and the player returns to its home menu. The Projector is actually responding to commands on the remote, it's just that you can't see what is happening. So if you turn it off with the Remote, as you would normally, it will shut down properly.

I was hoping this glitch would not occur with the new generation of JVC's, but apparently this is not the case.
This sounds somewhat different than what I've been seeing. As I said above, the video can be seen playing "underneath" and everything else (including the remote) still works, so I don't think it is a sync issue. But it's not completely clear whether we have one common issue or two separate ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
To confirm it is not an HDMI issue. If it does this again, unplug the HDMI cable from the projector and wait about 10 minutes to see if it clears. If it clears, then it was an HDMI issue caused by another piece of equipment.
I've done enough swapping around of equipment that I'm pretty sure that my issue, at least, is not due to HDMI. I will do this exact test to be sure.
post #6688 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
In my case, the vertical lines remain constant most of the time. However, it continues playing with the correct images "underneath" the vertical lines. If you're saying that you see ONLY the vertical lines (and nothing else) once they occur, then it becomes more possible that we have different problems.
Yeah, the image I posted is all I see - a solid field of blue with vertical lines in it. Not a single pixel changed no matter what I did until I cycled power on the projector.
post #6689 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1842 Post(s)
Liked: 944
Quote:
This sounds somewhat different than what I've been seeing. As I said above, the video can be seen playing "underneath" and everything else (including the remote) still works, so I don't think it is a sync issue. But it's not completely clear whether we have one common issue or two separate ones.
Interesting. I couldn't see any actual content 'underneath' the blue lines and patterns, and in the situation I'm talking about, there is nothing 'underneath' - just a pattern of lines, colors, etc.

I'll be following this to see what is causing this.

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #6690 of 28578 Old 02-25-2019, 08:22 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Are there some common out of the box settings for the NX series that people are changing? Granted there will be custom variations based on the source, room and screen. I'm just trying to get a good baseline.
What Picture Mode, Color Profile and Gamma mode, MPC settings are you all using for TV content and 4k HDR player content?
Has anyone compared the scaling capability of this projector against their pre or a stand alone scaler like the DVDO?
Chris Kane and Applemike68 like this.

Surround Theater: Panasonic DP-UB820-> Yamaha CX-A5200-> Emotiva amps-> Paradigm Persona 9H, JL Fathom v2, JVC NX-5
Two channel: Custom Audio Linux Server (sCLK-EX modified motherboard, Mutec REF 10)->AL NUC NA->Holo Spring L3 DAC ->Audio Research LS28->Benchmark AHB2 ->Paradigm Persona 9H Analog: VPI Prime (Ortofon Quintet Black)-> Simaudio Neo 310LP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
drift , Jvc , nx5 , nx7 , nx9 , pixel alignment , rs1000 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page