Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 237 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13984Likes

post #7081 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 06:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4795 Post(s)
Liked: 3072
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
I do have Aspect set to "Auto", which seems the same as when I set it to "Native". If I set it to "Zoom", it looks like it zooms (expands) the image somewhat, but it doesn't change the size of the overall displayed image. So, is there a way to get the projector to send 16x9? And if not - isn't it true that the image is being stretched horizontally? Doesn't seem right.
You want to zoom your image so that the top and bottom line up with the screen, the inner line lines up with the left/right edges of the screen, and the outer left/right edges of the green lines are off the screen. When you send the projector a 1920x1080 or 3840x2160 image, it will automatically be zoomed into this position. The only time the full panel is used is if you either set "zoom" in the menus or you send a 4096x2160 image to the projector (uncommon).

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7082 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So are you saying you see the same issue with the horizontal stretch?
Quote:
Yes, that’s what I’m doing and it works, but the issue is that the image is clearly being stretched horizontally. Not good.
Ok this is *not* just how it is. Sending those 4k images should result in the edges naturally being masked off and only filling the 16x9 area. The masking in the projector should not be used and you're going to be skewing the image this way.

If you fire up the projector, go to menu, installation, then aspect, what do you have it set at? It's behaving like you have it on "zoom". It should be set to "auto". You could also test "native", but that might display dvd content with a small image centered on the screen, if you even care.

Can you post a photo of the menu on your installation menu page?

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #7083 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 07:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post
Just watched Star Trek into darkness 3D, my son wanted to sit closer to see what it would look like. My front row is about 13 ft from a 126” diaganol 16x9 diaganol screen and we sat in temporary seating 9 feet from the screen and we were absolutely blown away, the sharpness and motion were stunning, I thought you could make out pixels but it looked amazing, close ups looked awesome.you could not do that with the previous pixel shifters I had here. The upscaling with 1080p on this pj is killer.shadow detail has greatly improved on these models as well. Anyone on the fence for one of these new jvc pjs should not hesitate. It’s been a long time since I have been floored by a pj...
We have been waiting so long for JVC to have native 4k projectors under $8k. Can't wait. Mines arrive on Monday.
Dandlj likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7084 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
We have been waiting so long for JVC to have native 4k projectors under $8k. Can't wait. Mines arrive on Monday.
Your in for a real treat! Be sure to report back.
post #7085 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Quote:
So are you saying you see the same issue with the horizontal stretch?
Quote:
Yes, that’s what I’m doing and it works, but the issue is that the image is clearly being stretched horizontally. Not good.
Ok this is *not* just how it is. Sending those 4k images should result in the edges naturally being masked off and only filling the 16x9 area. The masking in the projector should not be used and you're going to be skewing the image this way.

If you fire up the projector, go to menu, installation, then aspect, what do you have it set at? It's behaving like you have it on "zoom". It should be set to "auto". You could also test "native", but that might display dvd content with a small image centered on the screen, if you even care.

Can you post a photo of the menu on your installation menu page?
The aspect is set to “Auto”. See attached.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9F260E88-8DDB-4011-A139-176CF51C2E86_1551583119675.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	2533548  
post #7086 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The aspect is set to “Auto”. See attached.

Thanks.
Can you take one more photo? With a source sending signal so that it's overflowing, can you please go to the far right info section with the I on top and take a photo of that (hopefully focused enough to clearly read )

post #7087 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 234 Post(s)
Quoted: 11996 Post(s)
Liked: 9513
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Sure, the masking feature works, but it’s a band-aid if the image is being stretched horizontally. Not as bad as stretching 4:3 to fill 16:9, but still.
I do not see how your projector could be built different from everyone else's, so I suspect something is set up differently?
post #7088 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 08:34 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravi View Post
Thanks for the info. Spent the morning checking out both the places. First up went to Stereo East, place was deserted. They have 4 theaters, all equipped with Sonys. The first thing I noticed was s tack of Sony 295's at the entrance and a big sale markdown (don't want to say how much but substantial). I then checked out the room with the 295 installed. Nicely done theater but had ridiculous amount of ambient light. They had bright LED lighting along the top and sides of the screen! When I asked why the demo was on with those lights the sales guy said it was there "for the ladies". Anyway, asked him to turn it off, closed the door and watched Ready Player One 4k disc played through a Sony player. I was not that impressed with the picture, projected on a SI 120" screen. Contrast was lacking, there was no punch, but the picture was "smooth", in a classic Sony fashion. On my way out the sales guy reminded me of the incredible deal but I told him lack of lens memory was a deal breaker for me and left.

On to Star Power where they had the Expo going on. They had a small room dedicated for JVC and JVC reps were on site. They had hooked up an NX9 and NX5 to an Oppo player where they could switch the output back and forth. The rep demoed Peru 8K clip and Ready Player One disc and we watched for about 20 minutes switching between the two PJs several times. The NX9 was incredible - sharpness, contrast, and color saturation. The NX5 had less contrast and less punchy colors as expected but still looked fantastic. I told the rep I wish they had the NX7 as the NX5 vs 7 was what I was interested in. He told me the NX7 would be somewhere in between but closer to the 9. Of course, the whole sales pitch and theme of the expo was 8K, so he kept referring to the NX9 as the "8K Projector" to the public. On the whole I could clearly see a step up from my current RS420.

I told the dealer about the Sony deal and he said JVC was offering free bulb instead, a $600 value, lol. Since I was asking some "advanced" and intelligent questions of the rep, some folks in the room came up to me later asking for advice. I pointed them to this forum and sponsor dealers here as a place to buy should they choose to.
I did the exact same trip, in reverse today.
I started with Star Power and then went to Stereo East and I also asked the rep about the NX7, lol.

Couple interesting things the rep told me: JVC apparently had to switch shipping companies. He claimed that they had never experienced this much shipping damage in all of the years he'd been working for JVC combined. He said the change took place last week.
The other interesting thing, he said JVC was recommending 1.0 gain white screens.
The JVC setup was projected on an SI Slate 120".

NX9 looked pretty incredible. The contrast was fantastic, colors were vibrant and the motion was smooth. I didn't watch the NX5 for long as there were a ton of people in this room asking for the NX9 demos. What I saw still looked good though. The rep also noted that the NX5 can't upscale 720p. Not sure I had ever heard that before.

Then I went to Stereo East, more to take a look at screens than anything else. They had the Sony 285 setup with an SI 1.2 white and the 295 set up with the slate, so this wasn't an apples to apples comparison, but the 295 on slate definitely had better vibrance and contrast. The contrast on those 2 Sony's was really unimpressive by comparison. I had expected the 295 to be closer to the NX5 but it just wasn't there. It was better than the 285, but that also could've been the screen.
The color palette was definitely classic Sony, reminded me of my 40ES. It looks natural but muted.
Interestingly, they were really pushing the slate screens.
The other thing the sales guy said that seemed off was that I shouldn't go with a Zero Edge style screen and a JVC as they're hard to adjust for overshoot? I've never heard that before and it sounded like nonsense to me.

So.. to those that have these projectors, I currently have a 110" 1.0 gain white screen which I was looking to upgrade to something around 135" (assuming my room can handle it). Is white the way to go?
I assume there's no problem with zero edge style screens and JVC projectors; is that correct?

My room is a dedicated media room with full light control. I only occasionally want to watch things with the lights on, so ALR isn't a huge desire, but flexibility is flexibility.

Speakers: Fronts: Triton One | Center: Supercenter XL | Surrounds: SuperSat 50 | Rear Surrounds: Invisa HTR 7000 | Atmos: 4x Invisa 650
Receiver: Anthem MRX 1120 | Electronics: XBOX One X, PS4 Pro, Roku Ultra, Chromecast Ultra | Power Management: Panamax M5400-PM
Projector: JVC DLA-NX9 | Screen: Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro 135"
post #7089 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 10:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Watched our first movie tonight with the new RS2000 - Star Trek Beyond (Blu-ray version). Very impressive picture. Colors seemed spot on and the image has a nice depth to it, which I think a few others have reported.

Couple of questions:

1. Is there any way to adjust the focus (or to use zoom or lens shift) without using the focus pattern that is called up by Lens Control? I'd rather adjust focus with something like the Quick Brown Fox pattern or some other focus pattern. The focus pattern in the projector is hard to use, IMO. And it's much easier to adjust a a video image (e.g., a 2.35:1 image) so that it fits perfectly on your screen with an actual video image as opposed to the pattern called up by the projector.

2. I have CMD and Motion Enhance set to off for movies, but is that the best choice? Havre some people set to a number other than zero and been pleased with the results? It wasn't clear to me when watching Star Trek Beyond (which has a lot of pans and movement) that "off" is the best setting.

3. Is there a sharpness control? Is that what MPC is?

4. I'm having a little bit of an issue with black level. I suspect it is due to my high gain screen, which probably has an effective gain of something close to 2.0 where have the projector sitting. Does it make sense that the higher gain screen makes it harder to achieve good blacks? FWIW, I have the lens aperture set to -9 and Auto 2.
post #7090 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 10:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajax-jp View Post
NX9 looked pretty incredible. The contrast was fantastic, colors were vibrant and the motion was smooth. I didn't watch the NX5 for long as there were a ton of people in this room asking for the NX9 demos. What I saw still looked good though. The rep also noted that the NX5 can't upscale 720p. Not sure I had ever heard that before.
The rep is wrong. They probably had the aspect ratio set to "native" and didn't realize what it does. In that mode, 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 fills the 16x9 panel screen, 2048x1080 and 4096x2160 fills the 17x9 panel screen, and everything under 1920x1080 is centered not scaled. In auto, it upscales 720p fine.

Quote:
Then I went to Stereo East, more to take a look at screens than anything else. They had the Sony 285 setup with an SI 1.2 white and the 295 set up with the slate, so this wasn't an apples to apples comparison, but the 295 on slate definitely had better vibrance and contrast. The contrast on those 2 Sony's was really unimpressive by comparison. I had expected the 295 to be closer to the NX5 but it just wasn't there. It was better than the 285, but that also could've been the screen.
The color palette was definitely classic Sony, reminded me of my 40ES. It looks natural but muted.
The 285 and 295 have identical contrast and lumen specs so unless the 285 had some panel degradation over the year, they're the same. I think the N5 is probably more competitive with the 695ES. The 295ES isn't even close due to its lower lumens and lack of dynamic dimming.

Quote:
The other thing the sales guy said that seemed off was that I shouldn't go with a Zero Edge style screen and a JVC as they're hard to adjust for overshoot? I've never heard that before and it sounded like nonsense to me.
The previous generation of JVCs eshift4 and eshift 5 models tended to have some warm up shift where the picture might move 1/2" one way or the other about 30 min after being powered on and may not be exactly the same day after day. That supposedly was fixed this year, but in a light controlled room, I don't see a reason to go zero edge anyway. Plus on the new 4K projectors, the panels are 17x9 native. If you get a 16x9 screen, the left and right of the screen will be digitally masked, which means its basically the same as your black bars on scope content. If you have a velvet bezel on your screen you cant notice this at all. If you have zero edge you may. (Same goes for all sony 4k projectors, but even worse because their black floor is higher).

Quote:
So.. to those that have these projectors, I currently have a 110" 1.0 gain white screen which I was looking to upgrade to something around 135" (assuming my room can handle it). Is white the way to go?
I assume there's no problem with zero edge style screens and JVC projectors; is that correct?

My room is a dedicated media room with full light control. I only occasionally want to watch things with the lights on, so ALR isn't a huge desire, but flexibility is flexibility.
135" 16x9 should be great!

post #7091 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 11:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 860 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post
Your in for a real treat! Be sure to report back.
I'll try. I have 200+ uhd bd movies. Might be a little busy. I know I'm going to have to watch them all over if the rs2000 is significantly better than my rs520.
post #7092 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 11:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6500 Post(s)
Liked: 6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
I'll try. I have 200+ uhd bd movies. Might be a little busy. I know I'm going to have to watch them all over if the rs2000 is significantly better than my rs520.
Went thru that when I got the Swan 2.3B speakers. I had listened to music my whole life but I never heard it, at least not like the Swans can play.
post #7093 of 14975 Old 03-02-2019, 11:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post

2. I have CMD and Motion Enhance set to off for movies, but is that the best choice? Havre some people set to a number other than zero and been pleased with the results? It wasn't clear to me when watching Star Trek Beyond (which has a lot of pans and movement) that "off" is the best setting.
Don't resist the power of the dark side my young Padawan, feel the power of the force...
Come over to the dark side...
beastaudio likes this.
post #7094 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 12:37 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
The rep is wrong. They probably had the aspect ratio set to "native" and didn't realize what it does. In that mode, 1920x1080 and 3840x2160 fills the 16x9 panel screen, 2048x1080 and 4096x2160 fills the 17x9 panel screen, and everything under 1920x1080 is centered not scaled. In auto, it upscales 720p fine.

The 285 and 295 have identical contrast and lumen specs so unless the 285 had some panel degradation over the year, they're the same. I think the N5 is probably more competitive with the 695ES. The 295ES isn't even close due to its lower lumens and lack of dynamic dimming.

The previous generation of JVCs eshift4 and eshift 5 models tended to have some warm up shift where the picture might move 1/2" one way or the other about 30 min after being powered on and may not be exactly the same day after day. That supposedly was fixed this year, but in a light controlled room, I don't see a reason to go zero edge anyway. Plus on the new 4K projectors, the panels are 17x9 native. If you get a 16x9 screen, the left and right of the screen will be digitally masked, which means its basically the same as your black bars on scope content. If you have a velvet bezel on your screen you cant notice this at all. If you have zero edge you may. (Same goes for all sony 4k projectors, but even worse because their black floor is higher).

135" 16x9 should be great!
Cool.
Thanks for the feedback, very helpful.

The thought around zero edge has more to do with my room than anything else.
My 110" currently only has about 13" above it to hang a larger screen. A 133" Zero Edge is 12" taller than my current screen, whereas a normal screen is going to add 3" to that height.
Otherwise, I'd have to move my screen down, which means relocating the center channel.

Speakers: Fronts: Triton One | Center: Supercenter XL | Surrounds: SuperSat 50 | Rear Surrounds: Invisa HTR 7000 | Atmos: 4x Invisa 650
Receiver: Anthem MRX 1120 | Electronics: XBOX One X, PS4 Pro, Roku Ultra, Chromecast Ultra | Power Management: Panamax M5400-PM
Projector: JVC DLA-NX9 | Screen: Screen Innovations Zero Edge Pro 135"
post #7095 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 01:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Cool.
Thanks for the feedback, very helpful.

The thought around zero edge has more to do with my room than anything else.
My 110" currently only has about 13" above it to hang a larger screen. A 133" Zero Edge is 12" taller than my current screen, whereas a normal screen is going to add 3" to that height.
Otherwise, I'd have to move my screen down, which means relocating the center channel.
Ok. I've been pondering the same thing for the same reason. What I've decided works is to take the wall where the screen will go and get some black velvet and mount it on the wall before putting the screen up. Then put the screen up and around the screen on the wall will be the velvet. Now your picture can overflow onto the wall without any real issue.
mutiger likes this.

post #7096 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 03:28 AM

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
I did the exact same trip, in reverse today.

I started with Star Power and then went to Stereo East and I also asked the rep about the NX7, lol.

Couple interesting things the rep told me: JVC apparently had to switch shipping companies. He claimed that they had never experienced this much shipping damage in all of the years he'd been working for JVC combined. He said the change took place last week.

The other interesting thing, he said JVC was recommending 1.0 gain white screens.

The JVC setup was projected on an SI Slate 120".

Interestingly, they were really pushing the slate screens.

Just FYI, the new zero edge pros now have borders so over shoot shouldn’t be an issue anymore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JVC RS2000 : Panamorph DCR Lens : Screen Innovations 125" Slate 1.2 2.40.1
Anthem MRX 1120 : Kaleidescape Strato :Kaleidescape 24TB Server :Apple TV 4K
Oppo 203 : Xbox One X
Paradigm 95f , 55c, Paradigm Elite in wall surround and atmos speakers
SVS sb16 ultra x 3 : Emotiva XPA 3 DR 3 for LCR : Current Setup 7.3.4 Atmos : Control 4
post #7097 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 722
So further to my last post – who needs sleep with new N7 in the home theater –
Pretty much up all night marvelling at projector-
The black level/contrast/weird gamma changes all relatedly to the DI-
The yellow tinge can be seen when DI engaged on certain areas as well-
So don’t recommend its usage-software version is 1.20
So ending up using User 1/ manual iris between -8 and -12/
On both sdr and hdr- brightness down -3-
All motion handling turned off – (125" 2:35:1 scope screen /no gain screen/ bat cave environment)
So now pretty happy with black levels-
The rest of image is superlative – quite striking and at times just stare in awe-
2001: A Space Odyssey – are you kidding me –hate to use term blown away
but my god- just wow-watched whole dam thing in middle of the night-
so many examples -The expanse TV series – have already watched series and just wanted to see 4k sdr
version I have-You know what happened next - hours later - stunning!!!!
Sin City - regular 1080 bluray fed from oppo- showcase piece! - can go on and on-

Of note- I get the same over scan that @Dave T and several others have mentioned
in this thread –

15400 Watts of Atmos Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived - JVC N7
post #7098 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 04:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I do not see how your projector could be built different from everyone else's, so I suspect something is set up differently?
Mike i get the same behavior - I believe I've seen it mentioned by several users in this thread

post #7099 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Burk View Post
Just remember if the UHD movie does not have any metadata or it's incorrect the JVC will not have any clues or they will be wrong on how to tone map the picture. You will have to manually adjust the tone mapping.
Yes- I don't have any experience/knowledge in Tone mapping- will have to learn how to manipulate the settings - kind sucks thou- I don't mind spending time optimizing my audio/video AT FIRST -
I'm more of set and forget after doing all the calibrations etc but after that I just want to turn my projector on - go upstairs - make my popcorn and pour my guinness go down an enjoy the show-
guessing hdr is still sorta new - hdmi was pain as well - cheers

post #7100 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
1. Is there any way to adjust the focus (or to use zoom or lens shift) without using the focus pattern that is called up by Lens Control? I'd rather adjust focus with something like the Quick Brown Fox pattern or some other focus pattern. The focus pattern in the projector is hard to use, IMO. And it's much easier to adjust a a video image (e.g., a 2.35:1 image) so that it fits perfectly on your screen with an actual video image as opposed to the pattern called up by the projector.
Manual pg.54. Installation Mode -> Lens Control -> Image Pattern.
smitty likes this.
post #7101 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Right now I have three sources - an Oppo Blu-Ray player, HD DirecTV receiver, and a 4K Apple TV, all routed through a Marantz AV7705 processor. All sources exhibit this behavior - they overscan horizontally if I don't use the mask feature to crop the sides of the image.
Since all sources are going through Marantz, plug Oppo directly into PJ and see if this solves anything (if so, Marantz scaling isn't set to passthrough).
post #7102 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 06:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBURNS View Post

Of note- I get the same over scan that @Dave T and several others have mentioned
in this thread –
I don't think several others have mentioned this. Almost everyone talking about it didnt realize the panel was 17x9 and was referencing it regarding setting zoom. Dave T is the first person that's complained about having a regular image stretching to fill the full 17x9 panel. If yours is doing that, too, can you take a photo of that happening, then the info screen in the projector and also test between "auto" and "native" for the aspect item on page 2 of the menu?

post #7103 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
I don't think several others have mentioned this. Almost everyone talking about it didnt realize the panel was 17x9 and was referencing it regarding setting zoom. Dave T is the first person that's complained about having a regular image stretching to fill the full 17x9 panel. If yours is doing that, too, can you take a photo of that happening, then the info screen in the projector and also test between "auto" and "native" for the aspect item on page 2 of the menu?

My RS2000 doesn’t behave this way. It will only fill the full panel width if I pick zoom.

I think if Dave tossed up his projector settings along with the alignment grid we might see what’s going on.
post #7104 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyz06 View Post
Thanks! The doors were the easiest part. lol
Yes, great room. Well done! I really like the floating zero edge screen with recessed matte black wall behind. How does that work with image overspill? Is your CC speaker behind screen?
post #7105 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
UPDATE:

OK, so it's obviously it was disappointing for me to discover that not only is my JVC RS3000/NX9 unit defective but so also is my JVC RS2000/NX7/N7

<snip>

However, JVC has reassured me that despite the shortage whilst production catches up with the overwhelming demand, that I will be receiving brand new replacement units in circa 21 days' time; which personally I am very happy about all things considered.
A little more than 21 days later... any updates?

I am DanLW.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/member...103-danlw.html
post #7106 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Quote:

in this thread –
I’m happy to do this. Please tell me what specific settings you’d like to see. And pottscb - you must have missed it, but I did try bypassing the marantz by plugging the Apple TV directly into the projector. Same overscan problem.
post #7107 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 240 Post(s)
Quoted: 3920 Post(s)
Liked: 6365
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlw2 View Post
A little more than 21 days later... any updates?
I should be receiving my replacement JVC RS2000/N7 and JVC RS3000/NX9 this week

Still awaiting confirmation regards ETA with respect to JVC RS1000/N5 units...

post #7108 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 07:31 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

That would definitely be a controversial question! For people like me, low frame rates (anything less than 72fps) are very distracting and ruin the realism. In this case, CMD can make the movie more realistic. I especially like the improvement when watching interlaced video - like the CNBC stock ticker, for example. The difference is night-and-day.

On the other hand, some people argue that they don't think it was the director's "intent" to smooth out the motion. Also, the frame interpolation can make certain things more obvious - like uneven dolly/camera movement, for example.

So I would say try it and set it whatever way you like best.
post #7109 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Is there some trick to keep the JVC connected or the Irule communicating with it? My connection keeps seeming to be dropped with me needing to set DHCP to on amd setting the connection again to get it to respond. This doesn't last very long. iRule seems to constantly be trying to find it. It has gotten worse it seems since I added some JVC commands to some drawers.

I have a similar issue but with RTI ip driver, makes me wonder if it is not just my setup but an issue with ip control on the JVCs
post #7110 of 14975 Old 03-03-2019, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Sin City - regular 1080 bluray fed from oppo- showcase piece!
I'd previously suggested that those here who have lamented the black levels on the new series should view either of the "Sin City" Blu Rays. Frankly, I can't imagine blacks being any deeper, as they blend into the solid black of my screen's surrounding cloth bezel. And the contrast levels............ BTW, if you think that the original "Sin City" Blu Ray is a "masterpiece", wait until you experience the sequel "A Dame To Kill For" in 3D!

Last edited by docrog; 03-03-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page