- This is my first projector.
- My room is 18' X 12' and about 95% light controlled.
- Screen = 135" 2.35:1 Severtson Cinema white micro perf.
- Sitting 9' from screen.
- Sources are Panasonic DP-UB820, Nvidia Shield, Shaw Direct 1081i Satellite, XBOX One X.
- All going through a Denon AVR-X8500H.
- 3D glasses = High-Shock RF Pro High Diamond imported from Germany.
Everything being new I'm finding myself slowly fine tuning both sound and picture. Picture out of the box was already very good. Watched two 4K movies and was blown away by the clarity. Even 1080i satallite looks really good in 16:9. I saw the end of The Green Mile yesterday and when Michael Clarke Duncan is strapped into the electric chair you could see every little drop of sweat and water running down his face. Netflix and youtube via the Shield are great too.
Last night I finally got around to trying the 3D. My glasses are supposed to be specifically designed for JVC projectors however with the polarity changes made to the latest generation of projectors I was worried they would be dark. I'm glad to say that with my setup there is only about a 5-10% difference in brightness when rotating the glasses 90 degrees so I won't be going through the hassle of exchanging and returning them to Germany.
All in all, I could not be happier with the projector. It's picture is very close to my Panasonic VT25 plasma and the 3D is even better. I would recommend it without hesitation.