Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 292 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13278Likes

post #8731 of 14015 Old 03-28-2019, 09:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1801 Post(s)
Liked: 1116
Nigel,

What firmware is your new NX9 running?

How do your bright corners look? I have an RS3000 and along with the bright corners I have a brighter diamond shaped area near bottom middle of screen. They aren't visible with any video that I have seen. Usually visible when the iris clamps down and the screen goes total black. Then the corners and diamond area become visible. Sometimes very subtle, sometimes fairly bright. I can live with it but wonder if there is a possible firmware fix that might reduce the effect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8732 of 14015 Old 03-28-2019, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 229 Post(s)
Quoted: 3844 Post(s)
Liked: 6267
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
Nigel,

What firmware is your new NX9 running?
v2.01

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
How do your bright corners look? I have an RS3000 and along with the bright corners I have a brighter diamond shaped area near bottom middle of screen. They aren't visible with any video that I have seen. Usually visible when the iris clamps down and the screen goes total black. Then the corners and diamond area become visible. Sometimes very subtle, sometimes fairly bright. I can live with it but wonder if there is a possible firmware fix that might reduce the effect.
My previous unit had noticeable bright corners, but did not notice this at all with this unit.

But I think this is simply interunit variance and I don't think the phenonmenon is something that's easily 'fixable' simply via firmware update...

post #8733 of 14015 Old 03-28-2019, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2203 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
OK, so I returned home from installing and calibrating that 2nd JVC RS3000/NX9 unit for a client… Unfortunately I did not have a huge amount of time with the unit so could not take comprehensive measurements, HOWEVER performance is night and day as compared with the first (defective) unit that I previously received…

Nigel are you on 2.04 with this new NX9?

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
Absolutly no connection with RapalloNZ
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild, plus new LED ceiling install Christmas 2018
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8734 of 14015 Old 03-28-2019, 09:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2203 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
Nigel are you on 2.04 with this new NX9?
Oh gee so a new one in the UK is still behind mine in NZ.

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
Absolutly no connection with RapalloNZ
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild, plus new LED ceiling install Christmas 2018
post #8735 of 14015 Old 03-28-2019, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

post #8736 of 14015 Old 03-28-2019, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

post #8737 of 14015 Old 03-28-2019, 10:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1054 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch15 View Post
You will have to fill a form and send a copy of your invoice along with the original serial number barcode from the box to JVC Canada by May 15.
Here's why I assumed that I didn't need to send it in.
It's the way it was worded, like it was already ordered and it will arrive at a later date.

I will check though and make sure when I pick it up.

This is a screen shot from the receipt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lamp.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2545704  
Reddig likes this.
post #8738 of 14015 Old 03-28-2019, 11:00 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6395 Post(s)
Liked: 6394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post

And, once calibrated and with the gamma fixed above black, which was still causing an elevated black floor out-of-the-box, contrast and black level performance look very good indeed!

Stunning picture and also razor sharp to boot! VERY close to the lens and optics performance of my RS4500/Z1

So your new unit is far better then the old one that may have even been more of a prototype?
post #8739 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 12:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 4638 Post(s)
Liked: 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran View Post
Does anyone use there NX series in limited ambient light (outside of movies), possibly in a living room or with lights dimmed? I am wavering between the Benq 990 and the NX7 because I like to watch sports and tv with some limited ambient light (mostly nondirect daylight through windows from one side about 12 feet from the screen) and fear the NX7 will be so poor its almost unwatchable. I can go dark completely including walls and ceiling for movies which is where I know I'd love the NX7 though. I do plan on getting an AlR screen to help. Anyone with pictures in ambient light or other input would be appreciated. Thanks
Ambient light will wash out any projector. You may want to figure out how to manage the ambient light to get it to look better. Day light is really bad. With your ambient light, look at your wall or screen with the projector off, and that's the blackest anything will get.

With lights dimmed for sports and curtains drawn you can get a decently watchable picture on any of the JVCs and still have the option to kill the lights for movies later. It for sure won't be unwatchable. Especially on sports where most the colors are fairly bright and consistent anyway. We watched super bowl on my RS640 with lights dimmed but on.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #8740 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doran View Post
Does anyone use there NX series in limited ambient light (outside of movies), possibly in a living room or with lights dimmed? I am wavering between the Benq 990 and the NX7 because I like to watch sports and tv with some limited ambient light (mostly nondirect daylight through windows from one side about 12 feet from the screen) and fear the NX7 will be so poor its almost unwatchable. I can go dark completely including walls and ceiling for movies which is where I know I'd love the NX7 though. I do plan on getting an AlR screen to help. Anyone with pictures in ambient light or other input would be appreciated. Thanks
My epson 9400 was very watchable for sports with ambient light. The nx5 not so much, I wouldn’t say unwatchable, but perhaps some would. I will always be dimming the room a lot more with the nx5 for football, that’s for sure.

This is with a react 3 screen in a living room.
post #8741 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 01:07 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Yes that's normal. Also when you move from BT2020 setting to HDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks

so it's normal to hear some scratching noise when the Lens Iris works
post #8742 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Apart from brightness and 8K e-shift, in a non-critical way, What advantage does the RS3000 have over the RS2000 ? Consider a 130" diagonal screen.
post #8743 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 01:54 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by abinav555 View Post
Apart from brightness and 8K e-shift, in a non-critical way, What advantage does the RS3000 have over the RS2000 ? Consider a 130" diagonal screen.

One undisputed advantage for the RS3000 is that you'll be able to brag to your friends about how much more money you spent on it!

...but Mike Garrett has a list of technical differences that he's posted several times to this forum, so perhaps he'll reply with that.
post #8744 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
So your new unit is far better then the old one that may have even been more of a prototype?
Slightly! The difference is night and day!

That unit has been officially confirmed by JVC UK as being a defective unit.

There were/are several things wrong with it:

(1) Faulty Lens; (2) Optical reflections and severe light scatter in the optical block causing horrendous streaking and blooming plus contrast measurements way below tolerance; (3) Incurable red push throughout low IRE and (4) Malfunctioning eShift 8K

But here's the thing... I don't have the new unit any longer as I installed it for a client yesterday evening

It's OK though because I am receiving another new one in a weeks' time

And this one I will have long enough to do some deep diving regards measurements and direct comparisons versus the SONYs etc...

post #8745 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 04:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
It's the way it was worded, like it was already ordered and it will arrive at a later date.

If the box has the UPC cut off it then your dealer is likely doing it for you... if the UPC is still on there then I'd say you need to submit it yourself... envelope needs to be post marked for the end of April... mine is sitting on my desk at work, need a stamp and then I wait for the lamp to arrive . really enjoying the new projector, I had the JVC X30 for a long time so this is a nice upgrade. I've got friends coming over Saturday night for a movie night, haven't told them there is a new projector, not sure they will notice... but I didn't buy it for them
post #8746 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 04:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 684
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post

you will likely need to send this form in -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf rebate.pdf (307.0 KB, 28 views)

15400 Watts of Atmos Seaton Power -Quad SubMersived - JVC N7
post #8747 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Quoted: 5360 Post(s)
Liked: 5412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Has been reported to JVC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
What about RGB 24 10bit 444?

Why do we need 12bit?
Because some players and drivers (for example nVidia) don't offer 10bits. It's 8bits or 12bits. Also 10bits is only an option for RGB. YCC is always 12bits, you can't transport it over HDMI any other way.

Quote:
Did they say anything Mike, Im sure you have a black like i have...
As discussed, I've reported the issue again yesterday evening in detail (with screenshots showing the issue) to Mike who has forwarded to JVC. I also reported detailed timecodes to illustrate the blooming of highlights with the DI in HDR (very visible with the iris fully open). I have copied my report to @Kris Deering and @ARROW-AV so they can try to reproduce and report independently to JVC, as their voice might be heard better than ours.

I think the main reason why people are not complaining is because you can't see there is an issue if you keep colorspace on Auto, which most people do. You only see the chroma issue if you use video levels (forcing ycc422 means you have to use PC levels) or if you check chroma quality with a pattern. If you use PC levels, which most HTPC users/gamers do, you won't see the issue either because the levels will be correct even if the JVC forces YCC422 when it shouldn't. If your source dither properly (madVR does), there is no added banding when selecting 8bits dithering even with 10bits content. It's not ideal as it can add a bit of noise near black, but it's perfectly usable as a temporary workaround.

I think this colorspace issue should be solved, and I hope it will be solved, but using RGB 8bits or YCC422 in the meantime is a good workaround. That way there is no weird chroma downscaling/upsclaing happening behind the source's back. You either keep the source's original chroma 444 upscaling (RGB 8bits) or you ask the source to do half the upscaling (420 to 422) and let the JVC do the second half (422 to 444).

I have my HTPC with madVR set to RGB 8bits 444 (to make the most of madVR's NGU chroma upscaling) and the Oppo and UB900 set to YCC422 12bits. With UHD content, there is no significant visible downside that way.

To be fair, this was an issue on older models as well, at least it was there on my rs500. I just never took the time to figure out why my levels were messed up when using RGB 12bits in the HTPC and I thought it was a driver issue, until I did a deep dive with the rs2000 and found out. I couldn't really test 8bits with the RS500 due to the magenta bug, which is gone on the new models, so I had no choice but use 12bits
ARROW-AV likes this.

JVC Autocal Software V11 Calibration for 2019 Models (Google)
Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders

Last edited by Manni01; 03-29-2019 at 05:03 AM.
post #8748 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 05:39 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Happy to report I took delivery of my RS2000 yesterday and it looks like a winner! (Thanks Mike!)

I have been stalking this thread since I preordered back in October and have been anxiously awaiting the delivery of this beast. It is replacing an RS600 that has served me well over the past few years. After unboxing I threw it up on my shelf in place of the RS600 and fired it up. Out of box the picture was fantastic, crisp and detailed. Played a few minutes of Mortal Engines and Lucy and the picture was stunning. I thought the shifters always did a good job, especially when fed a 4k signal, but the native 4k of these new devices makes a huge difference in clarity - "like looking through a window".

After a good 45 minutes of warm up I checked convergence which was very good, red just needed 1 click on the horizontal using the full pixel shift. Unfortunately it was late by the time I got everything up and aligned, so didn't get to do much more than that. Today's project will be figuring out how to mount and align the Paladin DCR, then movie night tonight and I can't wait!
post #8749 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
Because some players and drivers (for example nVidia) don't offer 10bits. It's 8bits or 12bits. Also 10bits is only an option for RGB. YCC is always 12bits, you can't transport it over HDMI any other way.

As discussed, I've reported the issue again yesterday evening in detail (with screenshots showing the issue) to Mike who has forwarded to JVC. I also reported detailed timecodes to illustrate the blooming of highlights with the DI in HDR (very visible with the iris fully open). I have copied my report to @Kris Deering and @ARROW-AV so they can try to reproduce and report independently to JVC, as their voice might be heard better than ours.

I think the main reason why people are not complaining is because you can't see there is an issue if you keep colorspace on Auto, which most people do. You only see the chroma issue if you use video levels (forcing ycc422 means you have to use PC levels) or if you check chroma quality with a pattern. If you use PC levels, which most HTPC users/gamers do, you won't see the issue either because the levels will be correct even if the JVC forces YCC422 when it shouldn't. If your source dither properly (madVR does), there is no added banding when selecting 8bits dithering even with 10bits content. It's not ideal as it can add a bit of noise near black, but it's perfectly usable as a temporary workaround.

I think this colorspace issue should be solved, and I hope it will be solved, but using RGB 8bits or YCC422 in the meantime is a good workaround. That way there is no weird chroma downscaling/upsclaing happening behind the source's back. You either keep the source's original chroma 444 upscaling (RGB 8bits) or you ask the source to do half the upscaling (420 to 422) and let the JVC do the second half (422 to 444).

I have my HTPC with madVR set to RGB 8bits 444 (to make the most of madVR's NGU chroma upscaling) and the Oppo and UB900 set to YCC422 12bits. With UHD content, there is no significant visible downside that way.

To be fair, this was an issue on older models as well, at least it was there on my rs500. I just never took the time to figure out why my levels were messed up when using RGB 12bits in the HTPC and I thought it was a driver issue, until I did a deep dive with the rs2000 and found out. I couldn't really test 8bits with the RS500 due to the magenta bug, which is gone on the new models, so I had no choice but use 12bits

You don’t think it’s possible that the JVC’s HDMI chip / video processing engine simply doesn’t handle 12bit 444? Like it can accept a 12bit 444 signal, but it can’t do some processing on it and therefore must downconvert to 422 first.

Maybe it can only handle 444 at 8bit and 10bit?

You say it’s a bug, but is it not possible it’s just a hardware limitation?

Also FWIW if you use a DP to HDMI 2.0 converter you do get RGB 10bit option in NVidia control panel. Not sure if this is useful or not.

Also from what I understand, NVidia can do 10bit in full screen D3D11 mode. So would it not be possible to get 10bit output in D3D11 Narive full screen exclusive mode?

Last edited by SirMaster; 03-29-2019 at 05:51 AM.
post #8750 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 05:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Quoted: 5360 Post(s)
Liked: 5412
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
You don’t think it’s possible that the JVC’s HDMI chip / video processing engine simply doesn’t handle 12bit 444? Like it can accept a 12bit 444 signal, but it can’t do some processing on it and therefore must downconvert to 422 first.

Maybe it can only handle 444 at 8bit and 10bit?

You say it’s a bug, but is it not possible it’s just a hardware limitation?

Also FWIW if you use a DP to HDMI 2.0 converter you do get RGB 10bit option in NVidia control panel. Not sure if this is useful or not.
Sure, it could be a hardware limitation, but it's not a bandwidth related one, and as mainstream consumer sources handle it fine, the JVC should either handle them fine or reject them, but not downscaling behind the source's back, given that the content gets to the HDMI input untouched (as confirmed by the HD Fury Maestro).

Yes, I know about DP being able to use 10bits, but this is an AV forum and I specifically said HDMI. What good is DP with a PJ with no DP input, especially as I want to bitstream immersive HD Audio?
RapalloAV likes this.

JVC Autocal Software V11 Calibration for 2019 Models (Google)
Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
post #8751 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post

I will most definitely be looking to confirm this just as soon as I have another JVC RS2000/N7 or RS3000/NX9 which should hopefully be end of next week

RapalloAV and Manni01 like this.
post #8752 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 05:58 AM

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11816 Post(s)
Liked: 9351
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Did they say anything Mike, Im sure you have a black like i have...
Mani sent me the additional info yesterday, so JVC has not had time to say anything yet.
RapalloAV and Manni01 like this.
post #8753 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Booth View Post
You might want to consider getting a Panasonic UB9000 to replace your 820:

http://pro.jvc.com/pro/pr/2019/consu...panasonic.html

Mark
Are the 820 and 9000 closer in features and spec than that announcement indicates? While it references the 9000, doesn't much of what is stated for the 9000 applicable to the 820 as well?

Surround Theater: Panasonic DP-UB820-> Yamaha CX-A5200-> Emotiva amps-> Paradigm Persona 9H, JL Fathom v2, JVC NX-5
Two channel: Custom Audio Linux Server (sCLK-EX modified motherboard, Mutec REF 10)->AL NUC NA->Holo Spring L3 DAC ->Audio Research LS28->Benchmark AHB2 ->Paradigm Persona 9H Analog: VPI Prime (Ortofon Quintet Black)-> Simaudio Neo 310LP
post #8754 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Can anyone confirm whether custom settings remain after a firmware update of the NX series, or does it wipe all previous settings?

Surround Theater: Panasonic DP-UB820-> Yamaha CX-A5200-> Emotiva amps-> Paradigm Persona 9H, JL Fathom v2, JVC NX-5
Two channel: Custom Audio Linux Server (sCLK-EX modified motherboard, Mutec REF 10)->AL NUC NA->Holo Spring L3 DAC ->Audio Research LS28->Benchmark AHB2 ->Paradigm Persona 9H Analog: VPI Prime (Ortofon Quintet Black)-> Simaudio Neo 310LP
post #8755 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
This code (75) will switch gamma mode but not bring up the gamma menu (code F5) (I think that's what he was asking for). The issue is it was incorrectly document in the manual.
Correct. I was just wanting it so I could quickly get to the Tone Mapping slider. Though, I'm sure there are also commands to increase/decrease that without going to the menu.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #8756 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 09:04 AM
Rookie Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterBridge86 View Post
Happy to report I took delivery of my RS2000 yesterday and it looks like a winner! (Thanks Mike!)

I have been stalking this thread since I preordered back in October and have been anxiously awaiting the delivery of this beast. It is replacing an RS600 that has served me well over the past few years. After unboxing I threw it up on my shelf in place of the RS600 and fired it up. Out of box the picture was fantastic, crisp and detailed. Played a few minutes of Mortal Engines and Lucy and the picture was stunning. I thought the shifters always did a good job, especially when fed a 4k signal, but the native 4k of these new devices makes a huge difference in clarity - "like looking through a window".

After a good 45 minutes of warm up I checked convergence which was very good, red just needed 1 click on the horizontal using the full pixel shift. Unfortunately it was late by the time I got everything up and aligned, so didn't get to do much more than that. Today's project will be figuring out how to mount and align the Paladin DCR, then movie night tonight and I can't wait!
I also took delivery of my 2000 yesterday and it is replacing a 600. My results are stunning as well. The 600 was an impressive unit, but the 2000 reaches another level. Very happy. Convergence, or other issues reported here are all spot on. While I don’t have the Paladin, I am not starved for brightness. If anything, I would like to add some MadVR to the mix. Next step I guess. Just thought I’d add my voice to the very positive column. And thanks to the folks on this forum for the amazing attention to detail and craft.
mikela, Drem, Manni01 and 5 others like this.
post #8757 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 09:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jszei View Post
Can anyone confirm whether custom settings remain after a firmware update of the NX series, or does it wipe all previous settings?
All my settings were retained after the most recent update (2.01 or whatever).
jszei likes this.
post #8758 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
Huh. Ok, so the RS3000 uses the same IR codes as the RS4910. I'm not familiar with the RS4910, but I can tell you that the RS2000 uses different codes than my old DILA projector, an RS65, and that none of the JVC options in the list of devices on the directv remote will control my projector. My old RS65 did use the same codes as the one I had before that, the J20. But they are different on the RS2000. Anyway, my question still stands - has anyone gotten a DirecTV remote to control the RS2000? I want to know if updating my DirecTV receiver and/or the remote would let me turn the projector on and off using the DirecTV remote. All I want is to be able to turn it on and off, that's it.
There is one additional thing that you need to be aware of: For a long time the JVC projectors have had the option of changing the codes for the projector and remote from the ones it is set to from the factory ('A' codes) to an alternate set ('B' codes). See page 52 of the manual for more info.

It's just a guess, but one way this could cause your problem would be if the directtv remote and your RS65 and remote were set to the 'B' codes and the RS2000 codes are as shipped ("A").

That said, just because your RS65 remote and the directv remote do not work, does not mean that JVC has changed the codes. There can be other reasons including the one above or a defect in your particular RS2000.

As I said before (and another poster has confirmed) the codes have NOT changed for any projector in this line going back to the RS1. (My first was a RS1X, so I know what I'm talking about.)
markmon1 likes this.
post #8759 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3829 Post(s)
Liked: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by jszei View Post
Are the 820 and 9000 closer in features and spec than that announcement indicates? While it references the 9000, doesn't much of what is stated for the 9000 applicable to the 820 as well?
The UB9000 has two video output modes designed to work with JVC projectors: a 350-nit mode (which - when used in conjunction with the corresponding color profile in the projector - engages the JVC P3 color filter) and a 500-nit mode (which doesn't). The UB820 only has the 500-nit mode.

Personally, I suspect that Panasonic's inevitable successor to the UB820 next year will probably offer both modes at the 820's price point.

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.

Last edited by Josh Z; 03-29-2019 at 11:26 AM.
post #8760 of 14015 Old 03-29-2019, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
The UB9000 has two video output modes designed to work with JVC projectors: a 350-nit mode (which engages the JVC P3 color filter) and a 500-nit mode (which doesn't). The UB820 only has the 500-nit mode.

Personally, I suspect that Panasonic's inevitable successor to the UB820 next year will probably offer both modes at the 820's price point.
I believe you're incorrect here. Although the UB9000 does have a 2nd option for a lower luminance projector (350 nits) it does NOT have any direct effect on the JVC's color filter. You have to create a custom mode for the 2 Panasonic/JVC color profiles which were included in the v2.01 firmware and then you need to select the BL profile to engage the color filter. I (apparently as well as others here) am using the JVC BL (350 nit) color profile in conjunction with the UB820's 500 nit setting & Optimizer and have found the images to be stunning (subjectively better than when using the HL color profile which would seem to have been a better match).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page