Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 299 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12326Likes

post #8941 of 12810 Old 04-01-2019, 08:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colozeus View Post
Until i get one with a DI that is silent, yes. Most likely. My 990 had a dead silent DI on auto 2 or 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Colozeus, where are you located that you have such a good dealer? Here in Sydney, Australia there is only one dealer I know of who is getting in JVC projectors. There is no demo set-up and when I asked about Advanced Replacement policy he said if there is a problem with any projector bought from them he "encouraged the customer to keep pressure on JVC Australia to replace the projector because these are expensive units and we can't eat the cost". In other words, no dealer support for the customer here, you are on your own. As an American ex-pat I do envy you people who still have brick and mortar stores like Value Electronics who have demo set-ups and back their sales.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8942 of 12810 Old 04-01-2019, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
It is Panasonic that has it set up for one 500 nit profile on the 820 and a 350 nit and 500 nit profile on the 9000. Does not have anything to do with JVC. I doubt Panasonic adds the second profile to the 820.
Do you have inside information regarding the lack of Panasonic initiative to add the 350 nit profile to the UB820? Keeping that profile solely for the UB9000 makes no sense, since, as one of the priciest players on the market, it's being marketed as a high end audio UHD player, which requires it to be attractive to a far wider audience than just owners of the native 4K JVC projectors. It's hard to imagine that potential purchasers of the new JVC PJs would spring for an additional $500 just to have the additional 350 nit profile, so it seems like a win-win for Panasonic and JVC to provide the 350 nit profile in a future firmware upgrade.
Nexgen76 likes this.
post #8943 of 12810 Old 04-01-2019, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoy View Post
Colozeus, where are you located that you have such a good dealer? Here in Sydney, Australia there is only one dealer I know of who is getting in JVC projectors. There is no demo set-up and when I asked about Advanced Replacement policy he said if there is a problem with any projector bought from them he "encouraged the customer to keep pressure on JVC Australia to replace the projector because these are expensive units and we can't eat the cost". In other words, no dealer support for the customer here, you are on your own. As an American ex-pat I do envy you people who still have brick and mortar stores like Value Electronics who have demo set-ups and back their sales.
Trust me I am in the US and I don't have a store with a JVC projector set up in it for a 5 hour radius around me that I know of. Brick and Mortars are few and far between in the US too unless your around a major city.

JBL Pro Cinema/JTR/JVC/Denon/Oppo/Roku Ultra/Elite Screens/Furman/Seatcraft/Acoustimac/AudioQuest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8944 of 12810 Old 04-01-2019, 09:50 PM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
No and do not hold your breath, since it will not be released as a public firmware.
I thought since they ship customer units with 2.04, could still be considered "public" . But I get what you mean.

I am confused what you said about 2.04 and the yellowing issue. You say it doesnt solve the DI yellowing / gamma issue, but all who tested it say it does??
post #8945 of 12810 Old 04-01-2019, 10:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drem View Post
I thought since they ship customer units with 2.04, could still be considered "public" . But I get what you mean.

I am confused what you said about 2.04 and the yellowing issue. You say it doesnt solve the DI yellowing / gamma issue, but all who tested it say it does??

I think mike is merely conveying the message from JVC after he checked with JVC people. He probably won’t be able to tell you whether 2.04 does indeed resolve the yellowing issue with the DI.

Drem likes this.
post #8946 of 12810 Old 04-01-2019, 10:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:

USA. My dealer is superb and well known for service. Customer for life. ;-)

post #8947 of 12810 Old 04-01-2019, 11:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1799 Post(s)
Liked: 1227
Quote:
Quote:
Until i get one with a DI that is silent, yes. Most likely. My 990 had a dead silent DI on auto 2 or 1.

That would be a dodgy as dealer. In au you are reliant on retailer for after sales. Not the importer. Retailer is who have the contract of sale with and who you would take to accc if have a problem. Don’t buy from the Sydney clowns just check their feedback on product review.

There are other retailers around that stand by you and go in to bat for you. Buy from somewhere else. In Melbourne there is clef in Qld there is oz. am sure javs who is somewhere thereabouts would be good too. There is no need to hand over serious cash to hoods who tell you that you will be on your own. Don’t give them a cent they dont deserve it !
woofer, Javs and Dandlj like this.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Welcome to my lounge room :)
post #8948 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 12:39 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2222 Post(s)
Liked: 1373
Quote:
Don't you have any consumer laws for those situations? In the UK it is all on the supplying dealer legally as that is where the contract of sale lies.
Then if JVC don't service their dealers well enough folk just stop selling them.
Sounds like the setup you describe positively promotes what seems to be some pretty delinquent customer service in your territory.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
alebonau likes this.
post #8949 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 12:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Quoted: 1359 Post(s)
Liked: 2040
Quote:
I’ll say this again, my third replacement 3000 came with 2.04. And it does appear to have fixed or improved yellowing. A big improvement. Too bad I’ll most likely send this back due to a noisy DI, again. Sigh.

Your a "Glutton" for punishment!
alebonau likes this.
post #8950 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 01:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
Don't you have any consumer laws for those situations? In the UK it is all on the supplying dealer legally as that is where the contract of sale lies.
Then if JVC don't service their dealers well enough folk just stop selling them.
Sounds like the setup you describe positively promotes what seems to be some pretty delinquent customer service in your territory.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
yes same law here in au. its just a dodgy dealer trying to pull a fast one... best way is to award them...

post #8951 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 02:13 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
When that happens, what happens if you switch to say HDMI2 and wait for a blue screen? Does the blue screen also have the artifact? And then switch back after? To me that feels like some sort of CPU/memory error.
So this just happened again today. I tried switching to HDMI2 now, and it did not fix the issue. The only way to fix is to reboot the projector.

I contacted my dealer about this, waiting to see what he says. Hopefully it's something that JVC can fix in firmware update, or if I do need to get a replacement, I really hope that I don't have to wait months to get a new one.

EDIT. Attached a picture of what the JVC menus look like, this is after switching to HDMI2.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).png
Views:	150
Size:	4.06 MB
ID:	2547670  

Last edited by Reko Tiira; 04-02-2019 at 02:16 AM.
post #8952 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 02:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post
That would be a dodgy as dealer. In au you are reliant on retailer for after sales. Not the importer. Retailer is who have the contract of sale with and who you would take to accc if have a problem. Don’t buy from the Sydney clowns just check their feedback on product review.

There are other retailers around that stand by you and go in to bat for you. Buy from somewhere else. In Melbourne there is clef in Qld there is oz. am sure javs who is somewhere thereabouts would be good too. There is no need to hand over serious cash to hoods who tell you that you will be on your own. Don’t give them a cent they dont deserve it !
Yes, Clef have the NX-5 on demo and another user on here has told me Big Picture People (Cheltenham) will have an NX-7 soon.
alebonau likes this.
post #8953 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 02:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drem View Post

My replacement NX9 with 2.04 doesnt have any yellowing with the DI like my old model with 1.8 did. I believe 2.04 has fixed the problem, I dont understand why JVC says it isnt fixed or why they wont make it public
Drem and GPBURNS like this.

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
Absolutly no connection with RapalloNZ
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild, plus new LED ceiling install Christmas 2018
post #8954 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 02:51 AM

Location: Arse End of the World: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrnambool
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindernat View Post
Yes, Clef have the NX-5 on demo and another user on here has told me Big Picture People (Cheltenham) will have an NX-7 soon.
Really?

They ordered my N5 at the same time as they ordered their demo unit ... will have to chase them up.
post #8955 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 02:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1804 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Quote:
Or, UK/EU consumer laws which really favour the end consumer these days.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #8956 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 03:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopsus View Post
Really?

They ordered my N5 at the same time as they ordered their demo unit ... will have to chase them up.

Yes you will. Good luck.

Chopsus likes this.
post #8957 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 03:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1804 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
Do you have inside information regarding the lack of Panasonic initiative to add the 350 nit profile to the UB820? Keeping that profile solely for the UB9000 makes no sense, since, as one of the priciest players on the market, it's being marketed as a high end audio UHD player, which requires it to be attractive to a far wider audience than just owners of the native 4K JVC projectors. It's hard to imagine that potential purchasers of the new JVC PJs would spring for an additional $500 just to have the additional 350 nit profile, so it seems like a win-win for Panasonic and JVC to provide the 350 nit profile in a future firmware upgrade.
Get with the program buddy!

It is de rigueur to charge 30-50% more for a tiny improvement with all this gear.

If you want the profile, you know where it is and how much more you need to pay.

Twast always thus.
Franin likes this.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. It matters that you don’t just give up."
Stephen Hawking.
post #8958 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 03:27 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 3002 Post(s)
Liked: 1967
Quote:

Over here Western Australia I was told that if there is any issues with the JVC you have to take to the repair agent ( Which I was told not by retailer actually by the agents of JVC ) and have to wait till until they decide what to do. So if you buy a brand new NX9 for $20K plus you have to pack it back in the box take your receipt to the nearest repair agent and from there they will decide wether its worth repairing or exchanging. You cant get a refund as they have the right repair exchange or refund. You could be without for a couple of months until the next lot come in and hopefully its all good. This is why most don't deal with JVC over here. There are a couple that do I was told they order by what people want.
Archibald1 likes this.

God Bless,
Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
post #8959 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 03:30 AM

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
My replacement NX9 with 2.04 doesnt have any yellowing with the DI like my old model with 1.8 did. I believe 2.04 has fixed the problem, I dont understand why JVC says it isnt fixed or why they wont make it public
Agreed. And not just in your case but others on 2.04 reports the same thing. Consider me confused

Skickat från min VKY-L29 via Tapatalk
post #8960 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 03:31 AM

Quote:
I was told by JVC Aus that the problems have all been fixed, who knows...

God Bless,
post #8961 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 03:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
Over here Western Australia I was told that if there is any issues with the JVC you have to take to the repair agent ( Which I was told not by retailer actually by the agents of JVC ) and have to wait till until they decide what to do. So if you buy a brand new NX9 for $20K plus you have to pack it back in the box take your receipt to the nearest repair agent and from there they will decide wether its worth repairing or exchanging. You cant get a refund as they have the right repair exchange or refund. You could be without for a couple of months until the next lot come in and hopefully its all good. This is why most don't deal with JVC over here. There are a couple that do I was told they order by what people want.
ah no thats against consumer law. just a retailer trying to pull a fast one. Just have to take back where got it from. their problem hence. wiht my retailer. not even in my state. the last time i had a DOA and this was declared a month into ownership, I had a new projector delivered straight to me even before the old one was picked up by courier.

OFCOURSE this is going to be dependant on stock. cant expect them to get you another one if there isnt any in the country. we have a grand total of two JVCs working in oz at current am pretty sure a nx5 and n7. no nx9 that know off. and yes totally their call to repair or replace. All that said there is certainly a local JVC repairer and a very good one and id have no qualms along there. but id expect my retailer to work for me first given info supplied.

post #8962 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 03:42 AM

Quote:
ah no thats against consumer law. just a retailer trying to pull a fast one. Just have to take back where got it from. their problem hence. wiht my retailer. not even in my state. the last time i had a DOA and this was declared a month into ownership, I had a new projector delivered straight to me even before the old one was picked up by courier.

OFCOURSE this is going to be dependant on stock. cant expect them to get you another one if there isnt any in the country. we have a grand total of two JVCs working in oz at current am pretty sure a nx5 and n7. no nx9 that know off. and yes totally their call to repair or replace. All that said there is certainly a local JVC repairer and a very good one and id have no qualms along there. but id expect my retailer to work for me first given info supplied.
That is not from the retailer Al that's actually from JVC AU when I talked to them, Thats the process I have to go through and the retailer if there is an issue with a JVC which is BS in my opinion.
Archibald1 likes this.

God Bless,
post #8963 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 03:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
That is not from the retailer Al that's actually from JVC AU when I talked to them, Thats the process I have to go through and the retailer if there is an issue with a JVC which is BS in my opinion.
well thats your problem there and there. by consumer law there is no need for you to talk to JVC. your contract of purchase is with your retailer. why on earth would you talk to JVC au anyways they wouldnt know their A from their elbow ! they are most definitely not setup to deal direct with customer. infact am pretty sure they have no clue what that involves
Dave Vaughn likes this.

post #8964 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
well thats your problem there and there. by consumer law there is no need for you to talk to JVC. your contract of purchase is with your retailer. why on earth would you talk to JVC au anyways they wouldnt know their A from their elbow ! they are most definitely not setup to deal direct with customer. infact am pretty sure they have no clue what that involves
Yeah your right Al they seem unorganised look at the website JVC X5000B is shown as their current model. Unfortunately in WA the retailers follow the same process. I rang FT and asked and they have every right to repair first exchange then refund. If you get 3 dodgy units then yes you will get a refund as you don't have confidence in their product.
alebonau likes this.

God Bless,
post #8965 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 04:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I don’t believe it , but my home theater guy picked up my 3000 yesterday, install next monday, ordered in September.
Questions
Should i give up on my oppo 203 and get the panny 9000?
What is the recommendation for a person in the chicago area to calibrate my projector?
Thanks
post #8966 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 04:33 AM

Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slots1 View Post
I don’t believe it , but my home theater guy picked up my 3000 yesterday, install next monday, ordered in September.

Questions

Should i give up on my oppo 203 and get the panny 9000?

What is the recommendation for a person in the chicago area to calibrate my projector?

Thanks

Hang onto the OPPO 203 and get the panny as well if you get movies that do aspect ratio change (there are some out there) they come in handy unless your running an anamorphic lens

Unless JVC can do what the OPPO does with 2:35 cropped.
alebonau likes this.

God Bless,

Last edited by Franin; 04-02-2019 at 04:37 AM.
post #8967 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Hang onto the OPPO 203 and get the panny as well if you get movies that do aspect ratio change (there are some out there) they come in handy unless your running an anamorphic lens

Unless JVC can do what the OPPO does with 2:35 cropped.
What can the OPPO do with alternating aspect ratio movies?
I'm having an issue with these type of movies
post #8968 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamany View Post
What can the OPPO do with alternating aspect ratio movies?

I'm having an issue with these type of movies

Well you first change the aspect ratio too 2:35 cropped on the OPPO then you press the the zoom button on the OPPO until you get 2:35 and you then zoom the JVC to fit your aspect scope screen and won’t notice any aspect ratio change happening in the movie.

The only other way is buying an anamorphic lens
hamany likes this.

God Bless,
post #8969 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 05:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 4413 Post(s)
Liked: 2764
Quote:
People should start requesting advanced exchange due to yellowing with DI enabled. Since the replacement will have 2.04 and not have the problem, I'd be telling JVC exactly this. My unit has yellowing when I enable the iris. My friend got a replacement and it doesnt have the issue so mine is defective. His is running 2.04 FW but that's not on your website. When can you replace my projector? Perhaps someone adamant would get a drop of 2.04.
Drem likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #8970 of 12810 Old 04-02-2019, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 337

Question. On my NX7 I noticed that there is one persistent white pixel - I.e. it never changes to any other color - is this acceptable level of tolerance or should I try to get JVC to RMA it?

I know for LCD TVs a single pixel defect is not covered by warranty but what about PJs?

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page