Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 334 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13321Likes

post #9991 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 310 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5361 Post(s)
Liked: 5421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii View Post
For everyone seeing the yellowing, it might be worth trying to lower your RGB gains by a fair few click. You may need to open up the iris a click or two to compensate for the brightness reduction, but it might be an interesting test to see that adjustment changes the impact of the yellowing or not.
That was on my list of things to try, and you can scratch it. Lowering the gains (or contrast) doesn't make any difference re the yellowing here.
Wookii likes this.

JVC Autocal Software V11 Calibration for 2019 Models (Google)
Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9992 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
I was literally about to pull the trigger on the NX5. Should I wait then? Does the yellowing affect all of them?
I love my NX7 and don't see any of the issues that are being talked about in today's posts. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Of course, while I am a pretty obsessive person, I don't know if I hold a candle to some folks around here. I tend to take a big picture view and try to enjoy the projector for the movie watching experience it gives. I suppose it is possible that if I actively tried to scan dozens of scenes to see if any of the whites showed a tinge of yellow for a second, or if I looked carefully to try to find some other artifact, I might see something. But that's not why I bought the projector.

I'm not saying others don't have the right to be concerned about some issues -- I just am saying that I think the movie watching experience is awesome on my NX7 and, again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. YMMV.
post #9993 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
I love my NX7 and don't see any of the issues that are being talked about in today's posts. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Of course, while I am a pretty obsessive person, I don't know if I hold a candle to some folks around here. I tend to take a big picture view and try to enjoy the projector for the movie watching experience it gives. I suppose it is possible that if I actively tried to scan dozens of scenes to see if any of the whites showed a tinge of yellow for a second, or if I looked carefully to try to find some other artifact, I might see something. But that's not why I bought the projector.

I'm not saying others don't have the right to be concerned about some issues -- I just am saying that I think the movie watching experience is awesome on my NX7 and, again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. YMMV.
I would just be happy buying it the "first" time. Can't seem to get my hands on a RS2000/NX7 as all dealers are still waiting on stock.

Dedicated HT Equipment: Klipsch RF82BK L+R Speakers|Klipsch RC62BK CC Speaker|Definitive Technology B92X Surrounds|NHT Super One Rear Surrounds|4 Polk MC80 Ceiling Atmos|Velodyne VLF 1012 and Definitive Technology PF1500TL+ SWs|Marantz SR7012 Receiver|Yamaha RXV1800 Receiver for Atmos|JVC RS2000 Projector|Seymour Center Stage UF AT 140" diag 2:35 Screen on DIY frame and false front wall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9994 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Got my rs2000 up!!! Quick search didn't reveal much so hope someone can answer my question pretty quick. What should I be aiming for on the lens control pattern to do a scope screen for when zooming?
I always turn off the pattern and put on a bright scene in different format movies (2.4, 2.35, 1.85, etc) and line that up on the screen for different lens memories.
post #9995 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
That was on my list of things to try, and you can scratch it. Lowering the gains (or contrast) doesn't make any difference re the yellowing here.

Same here no difference here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #9996 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrizzard View Post
I will second this. Previously I stated I did not notice any yellowing, but I wasn’t hunting for it either. Today I grabbed my spear after the posts regarding this issue. My findings pretty much line up with what Kris said. If I have it in low lamp, auto 2, and -9 aperture, which is what I normally do since I use MadVR, then I just can’t see it. For reference I am using the open credits of Lucy only for this. If I move to high lamp, auto 2, and then increase the aperture I can just barely see a tinge of yellow instead of a white. But honestly if you didn’t tell me it was there I probably wouldn’t notice it even then. Some content unfortunately is so bad out there that I would have just assumed it was supposed to be that way.

In summary, definitely settings dependent if it appears or not for me at least - and some people may have it but just never notice it.

I want everyone to go into a purchase eyes wide open. At the same time I have just been enjoying this projector so much I would have a really hard time not recommending it. I don’t think there is a wrong answer here, just be able to live with whatever decision you make.

I too love my NX7 bu... But if JVC came back and said you just got to live with the Yellow DI ... After they said they will fix the issue in the future I would be super pissed. I had raised the issue with them well within the return window - and only because of their customer support assurances I did not return the projector.

For me not fixing the DI will be a major breach of trust and a blatant lie by JVC. Therefore unless we know for sure JVC will fix it I can't recommend it.

And I was one of the first owners on NX7 and gave it glowing reviews ... But JVC needs to do some work to show it deserves 8 grand for this Projector and not give the shaft to early customers.

And no the free lamp is not enough to compensate for a defect.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #9997 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgebetancourt View Post
No I'm sorry I dont have the current model but I've had an rs400 520 and 640.. my point was that most of these problems you will never notice.. sometimes u dont know there is a problem till someone points it out and then u go looking for it and u still can't find it.

So out of all these so called problems the only one u might notice is the yellowing on the di and that's if you even have the problem..

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Oh okay... Then you don't have the yellow DI issue. I didn't have it on my eShift model as well. So a non issue for that series.

post #9998 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 4496 Post(s)
Liked: 1684
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Got my rs2000 up!!! Quick search didn't reveal much so hope someone can answer my question pretty quick. What should I be aiming for on the lens control pattern to do a scope screen for when zooming?
The inner grid lines should correspond to the scope screen.
beastaudio likes this.
post #9999 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 559 Post(s)
Liked: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikvb View Post
I haven’t noticed any yellowing with my nx5 in any of the settings yet, but I have noticed an over saturation of colors and highlights when using hdrpq mode. Gamma 2.6 corrects this but I feel like I’m missing the hdr contrast then and some of the pop. Or I have a setting misconfigured in the ub820. Why is this so complicated? First world problems I know, but I’m still trying to find the perfect setting so I can show this thing off to some friends. The Martian is what I’m using currently to calibrate, it’s either too much red and crushing blacks or a faded washed out scenery. Is it the disc or is it the projector or the panny? Or is my brain just broken? 🤯

Only way to stop the guesswork and achieve proper display is with a professional calibration. Well worth the money if you can a get very good calibrator in.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."

Last edited by Jive Turkey; 04-19-2019 at 05:47 PM.
post #10000 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quick question: I use MadVR for movie playback. Any thoughts on setting the HTPC resolution to 4096x2160, and let MadVR upscale 3840 content to 4096 vs. using JVC Zoom function (in installation menu) to scale content to use the full panel?

Edit: This is the 10,000th post on the thread. We JVC owners are a passionate bunch!

Last edited by tommarra; 04-19-2019 at 06:06 PM.
post #10001 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Quick question: I use MadVR for movie playback. Any thoughts on setting the HTPC resolution to 4096x2160, and let MadVR upscale 3840 content to 4096 vs. using JVC Zoom function (in installation menu) to scale content to use the full panel?

As with most things, madVR should do a better job
post #10002 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 06:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11825 Post(s)
Liked: 9357
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
I too love my NX7 bu... But if JVC came back and said you just got to live with the Yellow DI ... After they said they will fix the issue in the future I would be super pissed. I had raised the issue with them well within the return window - and only because of their customer support assurances I did not return the projector.

For me not fixing the DI will be a major breach of trust and a blatant lie by JVC. Therefore unless we know for sure JVC will fix it I can't recommend it.

And I was one of the first owners on NX7 and gave it glowing reviews ... But JVC needs to do some work to show it deserves 8 grand for this Projector and not give the shaft to early customers.

And no the free lamp is not enough to compensate for a defect.

Did JVC tell you that they would fix the issue? I have never gotten that response ever, when reporting an issue. I usually get, thanks for making us aware and we will look into it or we are aware and are looking into it.
post #10003 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgdl View Post
As with most things, madVR should do a better job

I tried comparing this. The best you can get madVR to scale this is with JincAR. To my eyes at least, test patterns were left more true to their original look with the JVC doing the small zoom compared to madVR doing it.
tommarra likes this.
post #10004 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
My intent was not to say you are wrong or have I correct info. Much to the contrary. I find it very helpful.

I have emails and phone calls to JVC saying this issue is being worked on - so if it is not fixed I will take JVC to court or escalate the issue to the highest level to get the damn thing fixed or get replaced with something that does.

Again I would urge all reviewers to put a big “Not recommended” on their reviews - maybe then JVC will listen.

Wow. Is this really necessary?! JVC will probably accede to your request to get a replacement unit for you but there is no guarantees that the new unit will not have this “yellowing” issue? The pertinent question is what you expect JVC to do if despite several exchanges and still have that same problem? Do you actually demand a full refund considering JVC is unable to fix the “DI yellowing” problem or even perhaps the solution given by JVC is not up to your expectation?

As for your call out to reviewers to put a big stamp saying “Not Recommended” for something like the “yellowing” issue which may or may not appear in some of the units, I think this is a bit overboard.

I, too hope that JVC can come up with a firmware solution to this and more importantly JVC did acknowledge it. So it’s up to them to work out a solution. Let’s wait.

Craig Peer likes this.
post #10005 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Did JVC tell you that they would fix the issue? I have never gotten that response ever, when reporting an issue. I usually get, thanks for making us aware and we will look into it or we are aware and are looking into it.

The customer service rep said, the head office is aware and a fix will come. I specifically asked her what is the probability that JVC will say it is what it is, and I will be left with 8K worth of junk in my Home Theatre. She said ... no we will take care of you - the head office is aware and fix will come. I asked her when will the fix come and she said that she doesn't have a date and that when there is fix they will let me know.

I then asked her whether that would be in a month or years - she said it certainly would not be be years.

It's possible the customer service rep has no idea if and when JVC will fix and was saying things to just make me go away but that would again be terrible customer service on their part.

post #10006 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by desray2k View Post
Wow. Is this really necessary?! JVC will probably accede to your request to get a replacement unit for you but there is no guarantees that the new unit will not have this “yellowing” issue? The pertinent question is what you expect JVC to do if despite several exchanges and still have that same problem? Do you actually demand a full refund considering JVC is unable to fix the “DI yellowing” problem or even perhaps the solution given by JVC is not up to your expectation?

As for your call out to reviewers to put a big stamp saying “Not Recommended” for something like the “yellowing” issue which may or may not appear in some of the units, I think this is a bit overboard.

I, too hope that JVC can come up with a firmware solution to this and more importantly JVC did acknowledge it. So it’s up to them to work out a solution. Let’s wait.

Me too man ... I hope they come up with a firmware fix :-)

But after assuring me in the return window that it would be fixed ... Now they come back and say sorry sucker we won't fix it ... I would be pissed. As said not all units have the issue so am I wrong in asking for a fix or a replacement? Should I be happy that JVC scold me one of their projectors and I should be grateful for taking my $8K? :-)

If JVC says that they will fix the DI issue, I will 100% recommend it.. again. Hell I have been doing that till yesterday. Only now when there is a possibility that they might not fix it,is when I am going from full throated endoresemt to cautiously negative.

Tell me - knowing that this is a issue - can you really recommend the projector to others. Okay I concede not recommended is probably too extreme ... but shouldn't there be a big caveat in the reviews?

For example, if I can't use DI on a NX5 then for a potential buyer - doesn't Sony 295 become a legitimate choice for $1000 less? (Yes Sony may have a little lower native contrast, but the key differentiation for NX5 over Sony is the DI ... On most other specs they are quite close )

I am not a troll - I am an actual owner - I don't have a vendetta against JVC - I just want my projector to be fixed. I am hoping is enough people make noise corporate powers like JVC will listen and made amends.

Frankly instead of their engineers working on new profiles for Panasonic Blu-ray players I would rather they fixed some fundamental issues with the projector.

Enough said - I posted my initial thoughts in response to a potential buyer asking about the yellow DI. I don't want to litigate my opinion and detail the thread with anyone.

So as I said earlier take my opinion for what they are ...opinion of someone who has owned NX7 for longer than anyone else on this forum.

Sorry if this bothers anyone. No need to discuss further - let's wait for a response from JVC.

post #10007 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Lol 8K worth of junk?

These projectors look amazing with the dynamic iris off...

And there is no yellowing or blooming with the iris off at any clamped level.
post #10008 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The customer service rep said, the head office is aware and a fix will come. I specifically asked her what is the probability that JVC will say it is what it is, and I will be left with 8K worth of junk in my Home Theatre. She said ... no we will take care of you - the head office is aware and fix will come. I asked her when will the fix come and she said that she doesn't have a date and that when there is fix they will let me know.

I then asked her whether that would be in a month or years - she said it certainly would not be be years.

It's possible the customer service rep has no idea if and when JVC will fix and was saying things to just make me go away but that would again be terrible customer service on their part.
This makes me sympathize with the customer service rep.
post #10009 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 2061
Quote:
I am hoping is enough people make noise corporate powers like JVC will listen and made amends.

Yes, sometime that is exactly what is needed.... it sounds "Harsh" but ultimately its the "End User" of the product who,s opinion/experience matters most! Manufactures ( ALL) need to always remember that!
Jive Turkey likes this.
post #10010 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
This makes me sympathize with the customer service rep.

Don't presume you know the tone and manner of my conversation with her my friend :-) We both had a chuckle at that. I am never obnoxious with customer service - its a hard job and no one got a good outcome by being obnoxious or harsh with them.
Jive Turkey, desray2k and Dandlj like this.

post #10011 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Don't presume you know the tone and manner of my conversation with her my friend :-) We both had a chuckle at that. I am never obnoxious with customer service - its a hard job and no one got a good outcome by being obnoxious or harsh with them.
Well, it is true I don't know the tone, but with all due respect, asking a customer rep if you're going to be "left with 8K worth of junk in my Home Theatre," and asking "when the fix will come" (something a customer rep is unlikely to know), and then asking if it is going to possibly take "years" seems to me they type of questions that have the potential to antagonize your typical customer rep. So if the customer rep answered your questions politely, that's to her credit.

That's just my thoughts. I understand if you disagree or would characterize me as a wuss.
Charles R and tommarra like this.
post #10012 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 07:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well, it is true I don't know the tone, but with all due respect, asking a customer rep if you're going to be "left with 8K worth of junk in my Home Theatre," and asking "when the fix will come" (something a customer rep is unlikely to know), and then asking if it is going to possibly take "years" seems to me they type of questions that have the potential to antagonize your typical customer rep. So if the customer rep answered your questions politely, that's to her credit.

That's just my thoughts. I understand if you disagree or would characterize me as a wuss.

Again - you don't know how the entire conversation went :-)

All of the statements that you are picking on were made in jest and we both had a chuckle. Anyone who heard would say that it was only light hearted hyperbole.

And no I would not think you a wuss - why would I ... I don't know you ... I don't know how you communicate. All I know that you are a fellow AV enthusiast and a friendly and helpful member of AVS.

Peace!
smitty likes this.

post #10013 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6408 Post(s)
Liked: 6404
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
I was literally about to pull the trigger on the NX5. Should I wait then? Does the yellowing affect all of them?
There have only been a few complaints in here that I have seen. If you wait you will not get the free bulb....

Quote:
Originally Posted by den110 View Post
I would just be happy buying it the "first" time. Can't seem to get my hands on a RS2000/NX7 as all dealers are still waiting on stock.
That is a true statement.......

\
post #10014 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I had issues with my brand new N9 i was about to send it back for a replacement but Jvc told that a special firmware update done by service would have it fixed. I give it a try and, yes, the update completely fix all the issues. Now i'm wondering if i had this "yellowing issue", too, and never noticed it. How can i check if i have it now? Maybe the 2.05 they installed took care of this issue, too.
post #10015 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 11:40 PM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Yes it does ... and no if i were in your position I would not buy the new JVC 4K till the issues are fixed. Few issues that are on top of my list:

Inherent to the product:
1. Yellow DI - making DI unusable for almost all content
2. Blooming / artifacts when DI is engaged on some white on black patterns
3. Loss of lens focus when switching from one lens memory to the other
4. Ghosting / streaking artifact if you have motion enhance enabled

5. Caused due to shipping / QC (but that is not really a product issue - so you can discount this)

For issue #1 which is the most glaring one - there are two competing sources saying whether JVC will fix it or not. Unless you get clarity on this I cannot in right faith recommend these projectors to anyone.

I am probably going to get brickbats for not recommending. But I am a NX7 owner, and if I known this issue going-in I would not have bought this projector.

my $0.02 for what its worth.
I've not noticed any of these issues with my RS2000. I haven't played around with it a lot yet but I did watch Oblivion tonight and paused it on several scenes to see what picture modes looked best. By far I was most impressed with the JVC/Panasonic UB820 settings. The colors were better along with contrast. So far I have things set at 0 other then taking brightness down -3. The dark scenes looked great. When the bright lights are on Tom Cruise with him tied down and Morgan Freeman is in the shadows with his cigar looked fantastic.

As far as your points.....
1. I've not seen any DI yellowing
2. Blooming as you've described. Maybe this just ins't very common but just watching a few movies so far and I haven't noticed this issue.
3. I have a scope screen and I haven't played with this yet. All the movies watched have been scope.
4. I've played with different settings but have noticed this ghosting problem either.

So far I've just plain been blown away by the picture of my RS2000. I can't imagine what it will look like after I get some hours on it and have it calibrated.

Theater Room - JVC RS2000, Dalite 148" Scope, Pioneer SC-65, Panasonic UB820, Energy APS 5+2(2), Energy AC 300(1), Energy CR-3(4), PSA 15"Sub(2)
Sports Room - JVC RS4810, Dalite 106" 16:9, Onkyo TX-SR875, Oppo BDP-103, Energy C-7(2) w/Energy S8.2(2), Energy C-C3(1) w/Energy S10.2(1), Energy CR-3(3), Energy S12.3
post #10016 of 14115 Old 04-19-2019, 11:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1055 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Me too man ... I hope they come up with a firmware fix :-)

But after assuring me in the return window that it would be fixed ... Now they come back and say sorry sucker we won't fix it ... I would be pissed. As said not all units have the issue so am I wrong in asking for a fix or a replacement? Should I be happy that JVC scold me one of their projectors and I should be grateful for taking my $8K? :-)

If JVC says that they will fix the DI issue, I will 100% recommend it.. again. Hell I have been doing that till yesterday. Only now when there is a possibility that they might not fix it,is when I am going from full throated endoresemt to cautiously negative.

Tell me - knowing that this is a issue - can you really recommend the projector to others. Okay I concede not recommended is probably too extreme ... but shouldn't there be a big caveat in the reviews?

For example, if I can't use DI on a NX5 then for a potential buyer - doesn't Sony 295 become a legitimate choice for $1000 less? (Yes Sony may have a little lower native contrast, but the key differentiation for NX5 over Sony is the DI ... On most other specs they are quite close )

I am not a troll - I am an actual owner - I don't have a vendetta against JVC - I just want my projector to be fixed. I am hoping is enough people make noise corporate powers like JVC will listen and made amends.

Frankly instead of their engineers working on new profiles for Panasonic Blu-ray players I would rather they fixed some fundamental issues with the projector.

Enough said - I posted my initial thoughts in response to a potential buyer asking about the yellow DI. I don't want to litigate my opinion and detail the thread with anyone.

So as I said earlier take my opinion for what they are ...opinion of someone who has owned NX7 for longer than anyone else on this forum.

Sorry if this bothers anyone. No need to discuss further - let's wait for a response from JVC.
It's probably in the thread somewhere, but what is a good test of a movie that would show the "yellowing'' problem with the iris.
I have mine closed right down and the lamp on low on my RS1000, I don't see any yellow in the white credits on an all black screen, if that's where it's occurring.
I'm still running version 1.02 and at this point, I don't plan on upgrading to the latest firmware, everything looks great, so I'm leaving it alone.
Assuming the problem is in the latest firmware, I'm not opening Pandora's box just to find out.
Can one even down grade to a previous version ???
post #10017 of 14115 Old 04-20-2019, 12:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post
I've not noticed any of these issues with my RS2000. I haven't played around with it a lot yet but I did watch Oblivion tonight and paused it on several scenes to see what picture modes looked best. By far I was most impressed with the JVC/Panasonic UB820 settings. The colors were better along with contrast. So far I have things set at 0 other then taking brightness down -3. The dark scenes looked great. When the bright lights are on Tom Cruise with him tied down and Morgan Freeman is in the shadows with his cigar looked fantastic.

As far as your points.....

1. I've not seen any DI yellowing

2. Blooming as you've described. Maybe this just ins't very common but just watching a few movies so far and I haven't noticed this issue.

3. I have a scope screen and I haven't played with this yet. All the movies watched have been scope.

4. I've played with different settings but have noticed this ghosting problem either.

So far I've just plain been blown away by the picture of my RS2000. I can't imagine what it will look like after I get some hours on it and have it calibrated.

Do you have Auto Aperture turned on? By default on these projectors aperture is set to Manual. Not questioning your observations... Only making sure they are with Auto 1 or Auto 2

post #10018 of 14115 Old 04-20-2019, 12:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR1 View Post
It's probably in the thread somewhere, but what is a good test of a movie that would show the "yellowing'' problem with the iris.

I have mine closed right down and the lamp on low on my RS1000, I don't see any yellow in the white credits on an all black screen, if that's where it's occurring.

I'm still running version 1.02 and at this point, I don't plan on upgrading to the latest firmware, everything looks great, so I'm leaving it alone.

Assuming the problem is in the latest firmware, I'm not opening Pandora's box just to find out.

Can one even down grade to a previous version ???

What do you mean you have it closed right down?

This artifact only happens when the iris closes on its own via the auto DI, not when it’s closed manually.

The artifact happens the strongest when you set the iris manually to 0 and then enable the auto mode and then view a scene where the auto DI clamps the iris way down low and there are pure white elements on the screen at this time. The pure white elements will turn yellow.
post #10019 of 14115 Old 04-20-2019, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:

So well said. I feel the exact same about my RS2000 and my experience sitting back and enjoying the movie watching experience. My RS2000 has been exceptional. And this is just the out of the box experience without much tweaking at all so far!
satfam, Dandlj and dgrizzard like this.

Theater Room - JVC RS2000, Dalite 148" Scope, Pioneer SC-65, Panasonic UB820, Energy APS 5+2(2), Energy AC 300(1), Energy CR-3(4), PSA 15"Sub(2)
Sports Room - JVC RS4810, Dalite 106" 16:9, Onkyo TX-SR875, Oppo BDP-103, Energy C-7(2) w/Energy S8.2(2), Energy C-C3(1) w/Energy S10.2(1), Energy CR-3(3), Energy S12.3
post #10020 of 14115 Old 04-20-2019, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Splitting

Quote:
...if i were in your position I would not buy... till the issues are fixed...

1. Yellow DI - making DI unusable for almost all content

...I am a NX7 owner, and if I known... I would not have bought this projector.
You mention in another post that early on you posted "rave reviews" of your NX7... until you discovered these issues which make it "unusable." I'm confused... is it amazing or unusable? Is it possible it's neither perfect NOR useless... is it possible it's closer to perfect than to useless?

I have yet to set up and check out my NX9 (got stuck d/t poor quality HDMI cables). But I know this: like anything else in the physical world, I expect it to have some flaws that are outweighed by its strengths. I bought it with confidence not because it's perfect but because it's currently the best option available. And I would be shocked if I find myself returning it for another projector that is better in EVERY respect than the NX9. So I plan on enjoying the HELL out of my amazing - but not perfect - projector with my amazing - but not perfect - wife, son, and friends in my imperfect house in my imperfect city.
smitty, rwalraven, jrlnc and 1 others like this.

JVC DLA-NX9 / 156" 2.4:1 CIH Seymour AT screen / Marantz AV7704 11.2 / Yamaha MX-A5000 11-ch amp
HTPC MadVR RTX 2080 / 24TB PMS Server (direct UHD rips)
Adam A8X monitor LCR / RBH A-610 x 8 / Kef Ci160ER x 4 / HSU ULS-15
Secondary: Samsung UN82MU8000 / Marantz NR1607 AVR / Kef Q150 + Minx Min 10 / SVS SB-2000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page