Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 341 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13277Likes

post #10201 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmatthes1 View Post
I can’t help but think that’s the video player plays some role. What video source are you having issues with? I’m Xbox one x and a Denon AVRX 4400.
I'm doubtful that the blue/vertical stripe trigger is especially source-specific. The stripes appeared on my first RS1000 when displaying from all of the following directly-connected sources:
- Oppo UDP-203
- Apple TV 4K
- Lumagen Radiance 2042 (itself processing sources including Verizon FiOS DVR and Oppo BDP-103)
(With the same sources, no problem yet with the replacement.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10202 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
I'm not sure you fully read what I wrote. I was looking at 10% size 50% white patch (128,128,128 in Lightspace, Radiance Pro as pattern generator), which despite the iris clamping down measures brighter. if that hasn't happened via input value -> panel gamma manipulation then I'm a Dutchman's uncle...

You can measure it yourself if you still have a new series unit and see how it behaves. Set iris full open, enable DI mode A2, Set a 10% window size, then go through the patch values until you get to the point where the iris would end up fully open (it's a little after 50% for 2.4 gamma on my X7900). Back off so the iris once again closes. Then toggle the iris on/off while watching the measured value (and maybe the AC power consumption for good measure). Be interesting to see how a new series unit behaves. As I said one caveat of my measurements was that I'm in profile off so much of the built in colour management is disabled / bypassed.
Thanks for the detailed step. I will do this on my NX7. I only have a Spyder 5 pro, so the values wont be 100% accurate, but atleast they will be fine on a relative basis.
bobof likes this.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #10203 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 11:08 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
Liked: 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Thanks for the detailed step. I will do this on my NX7. I only have a Spyder 5 pro, so the values wont be 100% accurate, but atleast they will be fine on a relative basis.
You're welcome. It doesn't matter for relative testing really, I'm sure Spyder is good enough to spot the difference. I didn't bother to set stuff up particularly well for this test and there are better meters I could have used but it was just a quick look with what was on the tripod at the time. I was surprised at the magnitude of the measured difference given how much folk labour over their calibrations; the extent of what I'd be throwing away if I did DI off - calibration - then enabled DI - is quite huge.

Ideally someone who has done an autocal at all the different iris positions would also have a look and see how that behaves, I believe that may make a difference. As I don't care much for the dynamic iris for non-colour fidelity issues I haven't bothered to see what the "several iris position autocal" does for it.

Last edited by bobof; 04-22-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10204 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1808 Post(s)
Liked: 1134
So I thought I would share some more observations since I got some seat time with the projector and we watched some movies on it.

I'll touch on the DI since it seems to be the current focus, I'm currently still using Auto-1. I think I may have seen hints of the yellowing phenomenon in Blade Runner 4K during the opening sequence. For me at least it isn't something I'm seeing that needs to be disabled or is somehow killing the viewing experience. It may be that my preference of slightly closing the iris for 4K to allow me to open it as the bulb ages is helping or my unit just isn't as hampered by it. I do find the DI on the NX7 to be less intrusive than RS520.

Bright corners continue to fade. I could easily see upper left and upper right in blank screens (lower corners a bit too) right out of the box and they were just noticeable on credits. The only one still really visible is the upper right at this point and then only on a totally black field. Hopefully as things continue to settle this will continue to fade.

The combination of the JVC with HDRPQ - auto tonemapping on - mapping level at 2 coupled with the UB820 Optimizer on and settings zero'd out is still a winner for me. The titles I played with metadata didn't seem to need any adjustment. The one Disney title I sampled, Avengers - Infinity War, needed tweaking (as expected). But I was able to use just the Panasonic controls to bring it in line with what I wanted. I ended up with +2 on the optimizer and -5 on the brightness for this particular title. So overall I'm very happy with this setup. I just go to one place to adjust titles that need it.

Titles watched: Blade Runner 4K UHD, The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey SD, Ready Player One 4K UHD, and clips from The Greatest Showman 4K UHD. I'll start out with The Hobbit Blu Ray. Although this is a 2K disc, it really looks like the upscaling in the Panasonic coupled with NX7 is somehow increasing details slightly. I'd never noticed the threadbare patches in Bilbo's jacket or the tear that runs down Gollum's cheek when Bilbo is deliberating killing him. There's an almost 3D depth to the image that we both commented on. I can't say whether this is due to the panel or the increased resolution, but it's definitely there. Blade Runner looked wonderful overall. The added detail was certainly apparent in the model/effects shots. The NX7 handles the film grain in the non-effects shots more naturally than the e-shift unit, making it less obtrusive. Ready Player One has the real world shots purposefully shot to look drab, but the sequences in The Oasis were breathtaking. Some of the details really popped compared to previous viewings. The last disc we popped in was The Greatest Showman. It was a beautiful title on the RS520 and I wasn't expecting it to wow us, but it did. The scene with the Queen where Barnum meets Jenny Lind had amazing color and detail. Just so natural and simply stunning. The scene where Lind sings for the audience was fantastic. The smallest jewels in her dress sparkled. The spotlight with its haloing was an amazing use of HDR. Even the dress on the Zendaya character in the audience showed detail and color we didn't have before. Again, this disc looked great on the RS520, but the NX7 took it to another level. One other thing the NX7 does better than any other projector I've seen that popped up in multiple discs is smoke/haze/mist. There's just a very natural way that this projector handles it. Very hard to explain, but easily seen.

So the million dollar question for e-shift owners is contrast. If you'd asked me this on day one with a 4 bright corners and little seat time with the unit I would've said that the RS520 was noticeably better. As I've dialed in the iris settings and the bulb has calmed a lot I would say that it's more of a wash at this point. I really feel that most owners of an e-shift unit won't find these lacking in comparison.

The NX7 is the 5th projector I've owned. I've had an Infocus IN76, Infocus X10, JVC RS46 and JVC RS520 prior to it. With the move to the RS46 I've always made it a point to evaluate in person the competition in the price bracket I was looking at in addition to reading professional reviews. I saw several examples of the Sonys 50/55ES, an Epson (1080UB I think) and an RS45 before jumping into an RS46. I went on a theater crawl and visited shops before settling on the RS520. So it was a bit nerve wracking to take the step to the NX7 sight unseen. There's certainly a tendency for people to want to reinforce their decisions and personal choices and I'm sure at some level I'm guilty of this. So I urge anyone on the fence to try to see one of these units for themselves. Nothing is perfect, but the overall image these units are capable of could be the best I've seen and certainly the best I've had in my home.

post #10205 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
When I get home from work I’m going to connect my XBox direct to the projector and try my luck without the Denon out of the equation..
Do you know how to reproduce the problem? I never experienced it while gaming, in fact Madden has never looked better. I'm not even sure I encountered a problem using the Xbox cuz it was YouTube that caused the issue both times for me and I don't like how YouTube looks on the Xbox so it might've been the Roku the first time. I just got the Shield on Saturday and so far like it the best for streaming, but did get the blue lines while playing YT from it, and for sure I was going through the Denon both times I had issues. I wish the JVC had a soft restart feature that would keep the lamp on instead of requiring a complete shutdown for stuff like this (isn't powering off/on hard on the bulb?). Of course it would be better if a restart wasn't ever necessary and I suppose from JVC's perspective, adding that feature wouldn't make much sense.

Doesn't the fact that a hard restart corrects the problem suggest this should be firmware fixable? Anyway, I hope it's not a big deal. My NX7 seems fine otherwise.
post #10206 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 11:57 AM

JVC's response to BLUE LINE problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutiger View Post
Doesn't the fact that a hard restart corrects the problem suggest this should be firmware fixable?
YES! I answered my own question, or at least JVC appears to have.

I just got an email from my dealer who has conversed with JVC regarding this issue and they responded with the following:

"We are currently testing a FW fix for this issue. I would suggest the customer hold onto the projector and we should have a resolution soon."

I guess I'll hold off throwing the projector into the river.
post #10207 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Do you know how to reproduce the problem? I never experienced it while gaming, in fact Madden has never looked better. I'm not even sure I encountered a problem using the Xbox cuz it was YouTube that caused the issue both times for me and I don't like how YouTube looks on the Xbox so it might've been the Roku the first time. I just got the Shield on Saturday and so far like it the best for streaming, but did get the blue lines while playing YT from it, and for sure I was going through the Denon both times I had issues. I wish the JVC had a soft restart feature that would keep the lamp on instead of requiring a complete shutdown for stuff like this (isn't powering off/on hard on the bulb?). Of course it would be better if a restart wasn't ever necessary and I suppose from JVC's perspective, adding that feature wouldn't make much sense.

Doesn't the fact that a hard restart corrects the problem suggest this should be firmware fixable? Anyway, I hope it's not a big deal. My NX7 seems fine otherwise.
I have been able to reproduce it 100% of the time with my Aquaman 4K Blu-ray on my xbox one x. Basically it happens past the end credits (select last scene, skip forward one chapter) on the third copyright warning that is black with white text. I also played the same thing with the normal Blu-ray and did not have this issue it only happened with the 4k video. I was hoping that somebody else had an Aquaman 4K Blu-ray they could try out to see if they also had the issue that was reproducible.

I found problems with 3 settings so far. 1) Low Latency On, CMD off, Motion Enhance Low 2) Low Latency On, CMD off, Motion Enhance off (actually turned green) 3) Low Latency Off, CMD off, Motion Enhance Low.
post #10208 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I have been able to reproduce it 100% of the time with my Aquaman 4K Blu-ray on my xbox one x..
Nice work! At least we should be able to tell if a fix actually works. I was hoping not to have to watch hours of YouTube.
post #10209 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2001 Post(s)
Liked: 2497
Quick reminder that our big Sony / JVC 4K Projector Expo is this upcoming weekend, April 26 - 28th, hosted by myself with all projectors calibrated by special guest @Kris Deering . Still some room to see the JVC DLA-RS2000 and DLA-RS3000 side by side with the Sony VPL-VW695ES and VPL-VW995ES. Get more info and register for this free event at projectorexpo.com.

I also posted a schedule in the dedicated Projector Expo thread just now:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post57938306

Hope to see some of you there!

John
Manni01, jh901, Todd G. and 2 others like this.

John Schuermann
The Screening Room Home Theater Sales and Design
JS Music and Sound Film Scoring and Sound Design

Last edited by John Schuermann; 04-22-2019 at 12:43 PM.
post #10210 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schuermann View Post
Quick reminder that our big Sony / JVC 4K Projector Expo is this upcoming weekend, April 26 - 28th, hosted by myself and @Kris Deering . Still some room to see the JVC DLA-RS2000 and DLA-RS3000 side by side with the Sony VPL-VW695ES and VPL-VW995ES. Get more info and register for this free event at projectorexpo.com.

I also posted a schedule in the dedicated Projector Expo thread just now:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-di...l#post57938306

Hope to see some of you there!

John
If it wasn't for a birthday and The Avengers this weekend, this might actually be worth driving across Nebraska for

Seriously though, really looking forward to everyone's thoughts and findings here.
John Schuermann likes this.

post #10211 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

We had someone drive from Nebraska last year! Would have been great to meet you

John Schuermann
post #10212 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Quoted: 5504 Post(s)
Liked: 5321
Alright so played around with my unit some this weekend and settled on a couple of settings I had gleaned from the thread over the past several months but correct me if some of this has been adjusted in the last few weeks:

For 1080p content - use natural color mode with OOB settings unchanged for a pretty close presentation to good

4k/HDR:

For JVC:

~Brightness settings are usually falling between 0 and -3 but needs to be independently tested of course

~Use gamma of 2.2 with Panasonic profiles in the JVC

~Use auto tone mapping in the JVC

(I put all these settings under "user 1" and will name it later.)

For 820:

~Use Basic Luminance, along with HDR set to ON (NO HDR to SDR conversion) and HDR Optimizer also ON

~Set Panny 820 to YCC 4:2:2 12 bit, or auto
Kris Deering and Jim Cutter like this.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #10213 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 186 Post(s)
Quoted: 3750 Post(s)
Liked: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
I'm not sure you fully read what I wrote. I was looking at 10% size 50% white patch (128,128,128 in Lightspace, Radiance Pro as pattern generator), which despite the iris clamping down measures brighter. if that hasn't happened via input value -> panel gamma manipulation then I'm a Dutchman's uncle...

You can measure it yourself if you still have a new series unit and see how it behaves. Set iris full open, enable DI mode A2, Set a 10% window size, then go through the patch values until you get to the point where the iris would end up fully open (it's a little after 50% for 2.4 gamma on my X7900). Back off so the iris once again closes. Then toggle the iris on/off while watching the measured value (and maybe the AC power consumption for good measure). Be interesting to see how a new series unit behaves. As I said one caveat of my measurements was that I'm in profile off so much of the built in colour management is disabled / bypassed.

I'm still surprised by the claims that output power is being varied dynamically; I've seen this on DLPs (where it is usually accompanied by a tell-tale variation in fan speed in sympathy with the displayed content). It should be very easy to prove one way or another with an AC power meter. I'll drag one out later and look at my X7900 as I'm really intrigued. The lamps in the JVC change their spectrum quite a lot with output power (see high lamp vs low lamp differences in measured gamut) which would likely mean the gamut would get narrower as the lamp dimmed further.

I've had to explain to 2nd line JVC tech support in the past where the 2nd iris is located on the X7900, and having worked in CI product design for more than a few years I have been very often embarrassed by guff that "technical" sales folk have said about our products on the floor of a trade show. Until I see it and measure it, or see measurements, it didn't happen is my mantra when listening to folk who are perhaps note even one step removed from being marketroids...
Didn't see that you were varying the white patch level, I thought you were only varying the size. So gamma definitely plays a part. Drive power was what I was told for Auto 2, they were very specific that no gamma manipulation is done. I was surprised myself.

I don't have one of the new JVCs here at the moment to test anymore.
Manni01 and bobof like this.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #10214 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:56 PM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 2327 Post(s)
Liked: 1474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Didn't see that you were varying the white patch level, I thought you were only varying the size. So gamma definitely plays a part. Drive power was what I was told for Auto 2, they were very specific that no gamma manipulation is done. I was surprised myself.

I don't have one of the new JVCs here at the moment to test anymore.
I can make no judgement on the new units as I'm unlikely to see one for long enough to try any of this any time soon, I was primarily interested in the yellowing as I was sure I'd noticed this in my brief DI use on the X7900.

I can see the no gamma manipulation statement from JVC two ways; one would be that there literally is no manipulation whatsoever (ie the iris shuts and light output of patches falls). That's clearly not the case on the X7900 in A2 as seen from my test at least.
Another way to interpret would be that there is always internal manipulation of the panel gamma to attempt to keep the levels where they should be more or less for a given input, but that in A1 there is an additional gamma tweak done to give the impression of more contrast (like a house curve). Or perhaps the temporal response of the DI mech is changed. I think those would all represent levels of detail of the operation that would never make it off the engineer's desk.

Anyway, as I say it is a shame there isn't more info on how these systems really work. I keep thinking it would be "fun" to try and devise something to do some in depth analysis of it and every time think "what's the point, it doesn't work well enough for me to actually care about how it is doing the job (badly)". That's part of the reason I'm particularly interested in how the new series are working. The new laser dimming units and the Christie beast thing really pique my interest though.
post #10215 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schuermann View Post
We had someone drive from Nebraska last year! Would have been great to meet you
How about New Jersey? Lol. Would love to come and see the NX7/RS2000 in action. Please do a summary after the event for all of us who can't attend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Dedicated HT Equipment: Klipsch RF82BK L+R Speakers|Klipsch RC62BK CC Speaker|Definitive Technology B92X Surrounds|NHT Super One Rear Surrounds|4 Polk MC80 Ceiling Atmos|Velodyne VLF 1012 and Definitive Technology PF1500TL+ SWs|Marantz SR7012 Receiver|Yamaha RXV1800 Receiver for Atmos|JVC RS2000 Projector|Seymour Center Stage UF AT 140" diag 2:35 Screen on DIY frame and false front wall
post #10216 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 01:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So far we have people coming from as far away as Salt Lake City, Florida and California. if you come out from New Jersey please bring some Carvel

John Schuermann

Last edited by John Schuermann; 04-22-2019 at 02:36 PM.
post #10217 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
Alright so played around with my unit some this weekend and settled on a couple of settings I had gleaned from the thread over the past several months but correct me if some of this has been adjusted in the last few weeks:

For 1080p content - use natural color mode with OOB settings unchanged for a pretty close presentation to good

4k/HDR:

For JVC:

~Brightness settings are usually falling between 0 and -3 but needs to be independently tested of course

~Use gamma of 2.2 with Panasonic profiles in the JVC

~Use auto tone mapping in the JVC

(I put all these settings under "user 1" and will name it later.)

For 820:

~Use Basic Luminance, along with HDR set to ON (NO HDR to SDR conversion) and HDR Optimizer also ON

~Set Panny 820 to YCC 4:2:2 12 bit, or auto
I'm using the same settings in my 820. Are you finding the 2.2 + Panasonic settings to be dim? I couldn't get either Panasonic to look good without cranking up the contrast of the optimizer settings.

post #10218 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
I was hoping that somebody else had an Aquaman 4K Blu-ray
You should find a better movie that exhibits this problem. I can't bring myself to buy this one.
post #10219 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
You should find a better movie that exhibits this problem. I can't bring myself to buy this one.

I tried The Matrix which is another Warner Brothers disc I believe.. :\ No issue. If you have 4k discs it might be work trying out one or two WB
post #10220 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hello!

I've got RS3000 for replace my old Sony VW1100.

JVC is noticeable sharper, brighter, higher contrast and better black levels, High lamp mode are quieter than the same at the VW1100.
Overall it is substantial improvment.

But also the RS3000 have some problems - horizontal streaking, white turn to yellow when using DI, time to time strange blue vertical lines appears through the all visible screen and fixes only by restarting the device (most annoying defect).

Still waiting that my dealer have to say about that issue(
post #10221 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Quoted: 5504 Post(s)
Liked: 5321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
I'm using the same settings in my 820. Are you finding the 2.2 + Panasonic settings to be dim? I couldn't get either Panasonic to look good without cranking up the contrast of the optimizer settings.
Yea I think I ended up at +2 on the panny optimizer using the basic luminance setting on the JVC and it cleaned it up nicely.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #10222 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1115 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
I think I was using the XB1X the first time and definitely the Shield the second time - both times playing something on YouTube, and I'm using a Denon 4300.
I can't seem to play 4K youtube videos on the Shield at all. I always get an "out of range" error that has to be fixed by changing inputs.

I guess I shouldn't say "at all" as if I let the video continue to play and do the input switching, it will show up once it is back to the correct input. Of course, once I try to go back to the main youtube screen after this, it again goes to an "out of range" error. I haven't had any problems with youtube on my XBox One S.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
post #10223 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This is what I think every time someone mentions Lucy. I get that it seems to be a standard bearer for image quality, but the movie is so awful there is no way I would be caught dead with it in my collection.

Aquaman does look very good on 4K UHD and is much much easier to stomach than something like Lucy.

Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7/Panasonic PT-AE8000U; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
post #10224 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have been able to reproduce it 100% of the time with my Aquaman 4K Blu-ray on my xbox one x. Basically it happens past the end credits (select last scene, skip forward one chapter) on the third copyright warning that is black with white text. I also played the same thing with the normal Blu-ray and did not have this issue it only happened with the 4k video. I was hoping that somebody else had an Aquaman 4K Blu-ray they could try out to see if they also had the issue that was reproducible.

I found problems with 3 settings so far. 1) Low Latency On, CMD off, Motion Enhance Low 2) Low Latency On, CMD off, Motion Enhance off (actually turned green) 3) Low Latency Off, CMD off, Motion Enhance Low.
I have it...though I'm not sure I want to introduce a problem I've never seen before.
Jim Cutter likes this.

post #10225 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 02:22 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 6395 Post(s)
Liked: 6393
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
Well I would say they should prioritize the bulbs for projectors and get them to their new owners. I'm just sending my form in today, but I really don't care if I get it in August. It's not like we NEED these right away.
I would sure hope you would not need one for a while
post #10226 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I have it...though I'm not sure I want to introduce a problem I've never seen before.
Oh come on! I get the impression this problem might not occur on all units, so yours might be fine. Do it for science!
post #10227 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by den110 View Post
How about New Jersey? Lol. Would love to come and see the NX7/RS2000 in action. Please do a summary after the event for all of us who can't attend.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hey I am in CT - if you want to have a look you are welcome to my HT in May.
Renerator likes this.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #10228 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 2942
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm1212 View Post
Got my rs1000 and mounted it this weekend. I did use the sliding chief 16" bracket someone pointed me to along with the RPA281. Seems extremely solid although I do notice if there is a lot of movement on the floor above the screen shows some movement. I didn't notice this on the sony with a cheaper mount, but I assume it is an artifact of the rs1000 weighing twice as much and being longer. The sliding bracket isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but with my ceiling closed and I'm near back of room I wanted to get the PJ back to the minimum from the wall (it's about 10" and the book says 8"). Couple of initial findings:

- Red+Blue both needed pixel shift of 2 (I forget which direction).

- I need new cables because I cannot get devices to select 4k+60hz+HDR. I ordered fiber cables. I'm going to try to run them through the wall (instead of an ugly guide I have on the ceiling now).

- If the ROKU selects 4k+30hz+HDR (because of my old cables) it is a pain in the butt. Don't run your roku that way. 1st because if you don't have 60hz selected Netflix won't do 4k, but also, the screen display switches a lot when you have this setting. The constant switching with an annoying delay was, well, annoying. 4k+60Hz (no HDR) is much more stable if that's all you can get. Hopefuly 4k+HDR+60hz with the new cables will be the same.

- The RS1000 doesn't seem to have BT.2020 support, but with HDR enabled the colors are amazing.

- I do believe I need to upgrade my screen (~16 years old). I think the "rough" surface is probably interfering with the 4k and the surface should be more smooth. Plain white paper seems to look sharper but I need to get some screen samples. Will shop for a 2.35:1.

- It came with firmware 2.0.4. On the jvc site I see only 2.0.1, any idea what is in the update?

- In case you didn't see it, the bulb offer was extended to end of april so I need to send that in.

steve
set your roku to 4k/24 not 4k/30 and it shoudnt have to change so much after.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #10229 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Hey I am in CT - if you want to have a look you are welcome to my HT in May.
Thank you Tommarra. I might take you up on that! I just remodeled my HT by adding a false front wall and a AT 140' diag 2:39:1 screen. Just missing the RS2000 to make it complete.

Dedicated HT Equipment: Klipsch RF82BK L+R Speakers|Klipsch RC62BK CC Speaker|Definitive Technology B92X Surrounds|NHT Super One Rear Surrounds|4 Polk MC80 Ceiling Atmos|Velodyne VLF 1012 and Definitive Technology PF1500TL+ SWs|Marantz SR7012 Receiver|Yamaha RXV1800 Receiver for Atmos|JVC RS2000 Projector|Seymour Center Stage UF AT 140" diag 2:35 Screen on DIY frame and false front wall
post #10230 of 14010 Old 04-22-2019, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
I can’t help but think that’s the video player plays some role. What video source are you having issues with? I’m Xbox one x and a Denon AVRX 4400.

I don’t think it’s the projector issue. It sounded like a source issue. Like what you guys described, a power cycle is required to get back to normal picture.

As a matter of fact, I have 2 episodes of “green stripes” appearing and it ONLY happens when I m using nVidia Shield TV 4K with android TV OS. It only happened to me twice and I’m happy to say that after playing with some settings on the NVidia Shield TV, so far so good. I’ve clocked 214hrs for my NX7 so far.

It is hard to replicate the “problem” since it did not happen ever since. So it’s not consistent making it harder for the JVC engineers to verify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page