Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 359 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16488Likes

post #10741 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrinegar View Post
I got my extra lamp today. Sent in the form for it about 4 weeks ago. Still very happy with the projector!
Where are you located? In the US? I sent mine in 11 weeks ago and still don't have it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10742 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hello everybody.

Finally found a NX7 locally and purchased last week. Been pretty darn happy with the picture on most sources. Having a little trouble getting 4K Apple TV where I want it. Was watching Game of Thrones last night on the HBO GO app and it just looked really washed out with anything I was doing. Any suggestions for settings from people using the new JVCs with 4K apple tv ?

Seems that everything is delivered from the ATV as 4K HDR signal, even the menus. What happens when showing a non HDR or non 4K movie from itunes or vudu? ATV is just uprezzing to 4K? What about on nonHDR material?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
post #10743 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4878 Post(s)
Liked: 1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerDoc View Post
Hello everybody.

Finally found a NX7 locally and purchased last week. Been pretty darn happy with the picture on most sources. Having a little trouble getting 4K Apple TV where I want it. Was watching Game of Thrones last night on the HBO GO app and it just looked really washed out with anything I was doing. Any suggestions for settings from people using the new JVCs with 4K apple tv ?

Seems that everything is delivered from the ATV as 4K HDR signal, even the menus. What happens when showing a non HDR or non 4K movie from itunes or vudu? ATV is just uprezzing to 4K? What about on nonHDR material?

Thanks!!
You can set up the ATV4K to either convert everything to the same Range (HDR/SDR) and/or refresh rate, to minimize the HDMI resynching. Turn On the Match option if you don’t want it to.

It should not look washed out if the projector is in HDR mode (with PQ gamma).

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 04-30-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Corrected Typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10744 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by willtr03 View Post
Where are you located? In the US? I sent mine in 11 weeks ago and still don't have it.
Im in Austin, TX

Quote:
Hello everybody.

Thanks!!
I would recommend turning on Match Frame rate and dynamic range, then set your apple tv resolution to 4k 24 SDR. That way it wont send you everything in fake HDR, youll get SDR when its supposed to be sdr, and HDR when its supposed to be HDR. Just my personal preference
davidahn, Bill DePalma and GregCh like this.

JVC RS2000
Anthem mrx1120//Lumagen Radiance Pro
Klipsch Ref series 7.2.4 setup
Oppo 203 //Xbox one X // Apple 4k TV
Stewart Filmscreen 135" Cima Neve
post #10745 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:

I would recommend turning on Match Frame rate and dynamic range, then set your apple tv resolution to 4k 24 SDR. That way it wont send you everything in fake HDR, youll get SDR when its supposed to be sdr, and HDR when its supposed to be HDR. Just my personal preference

So if you set the ATV to output 4K 24 SDR, what happens when you are trying to display an itunes 4K HDR movie? Are you still going to get the HDR signal from the ATV?
post #10746 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 04:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So if you set the ATV to output 4K 24 SDR, what happens when you are trying to display an itunes 4K HDR movie? Are you still going to get the HDR signal from the ATV?
Yes, as long as you have "match dynamic range" turned on. By turning on match dynamic range and match frame rate the apple tv will auto switch to the appropriate outputs, and it should trigger your JVC to switch to HDR mode.

JVC RS2000
post #10747 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post
I'm having serious issues with my brand new N9. At first flickering of the menu, resolved with a firmware update by the service. Now i have often those blue bars, they appear suddenly in all possible configurations, they stay even on hdmi2 where i have no inputs, only way to get rid is rebooting. I think this is an ahrdware defect and i'm asking the seller for a replacement. The lamp has 50 only hours of usage. What do you think?

May I inquire whether it only happen to one particular source? Say Oppo player (since the second image depicted shows the typical Oppo wallpaper) only? Or it happens with different sources as well? Have you disable all forms of post processing features like CMD, latency mode etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10748 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by loggeo View Post
A lot of people try to calm me down by saying:

"Perhaps it is better that you did not receive your projector yet. Let jvc short out the problems first!".

Either way we as (European) consumers are screwed. Having lost all my patience, I was able to talk to JVC Europe (Germany) today.

They just listened to my rant and did absolutely zero to help, other than adopt an apologetic style.

They gave me no update on deliveries. Actually they did not have an answer to anything.

I can' t imagine what a nightmare it will be to try to sent a faulty unit for repair or replacement.

What a nightmare...

You mean after so long, there is still no stock in Europe?!

post #10749 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Going to try my hand at some calibration. I have a spyder5 but I would have pay $100 to upgrade the software for a projector. Other option is buy a cheap PC and use the JVC autocal software? Is there a clear way to go here?
post #10750 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Quote:
I got my extra lamp today. Sent in the form for it about 4 weeks ago. Still very happy with the projector!
I sent my form in about 3 weeks ago. Supposed be here in 2 days.

H/T: Marantz 7702MK II, MM8077, MM7055, Triton 2s, SCXL, SL/SR-S50s, BL/BR-S50s, H/W-4 Sat3s, dual SB16 Ultras, JVC DLA-RS2000, Stewart Cima Neve 110", Tivo Bolt, PS-3, Apple 4K TV, GIK Acoustics treatments, Panasonic UB820
Gameroom: Denon AVR-X4500H, Emotiva 2-T1’s, C1, 2 B2’s, 4 NHT ceiling speakers, 2 Velo SPL-1000R, Sony XBR85X900F, PS4 Pro, Tivo Bolt,Oppo 203
post #10751 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 05:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1932 Post(s)
Liked: 1224
Quote:
Originally Posted by satfam View Post
I sent my form in about 3 weeks ago. Supposed be here in 2 days.
For what it is worth, shipping location and bulb availability seem to be the key factors for time it takes to receive a bulb.

I sent in my paperwork on February 8th. I sent it certified USPS mail and watched the tracking. It took nearly 4 weeks for my form to reach JVC in NJ from Durango. Pretty ridiculous. Anyway I just got my free bulb yesterday April 29th. That makes 11 & 1/2 weeks. I wasn't in a rush as I won't need to use the new bulb for awhile but it is good to have a free spare. Thanks JVC.
Mike Garrett likes this.
post #10752 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Quoted: 4878 Post(s)
Liked: 1843
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwander View Post
Going to try my hand at some calibration. I have a spyder5 but I would have pay $100 to upgrade the software for a projector. Other option is buy a cheap PC and use the JVC autocal software? Is there a clear way to go here?
For manual calibration you can take a look at HCFR:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...-software.html
post #10753 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 06:04 PM

Ran into another issue that at least tangentially involves the NX7.

Have Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503 that is a couple months old. Have Xbox one x, ps4, apple tv and panny UB820 connected to the back HDMI ports. Also have 2 DirecTV boxes connected via HDMI to the back ports. Was feeding a JVC RS57 front projector via HDMI from the pioneer receiver. All cables are new and certified 4K. Everything working perfectly.

Replaced my RS57 with the NX7. Just a matter of taking down old projector, mounting new projector and plugging in HDMI cable. Or so I thought.

Everything working fine EXCEPT no sound from EITHER DirecTV boxes. Picture is fine but no sound. Tested the DTV boxes with same cables on another TV. Good picture and sound. Tried every single input on the back of the receiver with both DTV boxes with same result...good picture, no sound. Everything else (apple tv, ps4, panny player and xbox) all have normal picture and sound from every HDMI port on the back. No sound from either DTV box from ANY of the back HDMI ports. If I take the HDMI running from the pioneer receiver out of the NX7 and plug it into any other HDTV including the RS57, automatically get sound from all the theater speakers. Plug it back into the NX7, no sound.

Interestingly when the cable from the receiver is plugged into any other HDTV and there is sound, the receiver says it is getting 5.1 DD from the DTV boxes. When it is plugged into the NX7 and there is no sound the receiver says it is getting ANALOG signal.

Finally hooked up a couple of optical cables and got sound via optical and picture via hdmi.

Obviously there is something in the NX7 that is preventing the receiver from receiving the digital audio signal from the DirecTV boxes. Can't figure it out.

Thanks!!

(I have posted this in the receiver thread without any solutions)
post #10754 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 06:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Have Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503 that ...............

Obviously there is something in the NX7 that is preventing the receiver from receiving the digital audio signal from the DirecTV boxes. Can't figure it out.

Thanks!!

(I have posted this in the receiver thread without any solutions)
Hmm, I have direct tv and audio is fine (although I have a different avr). Do you have hdmi control/cec turned on somewhere in your chain?

JVC RS2000
post #10755 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Hmm, I have direct tv and audio is fine (although I have a different avr). Do you have hdmi control/cec turned on somewhere in your chain?
No. CEC is turned off. What model directv boxes do you have? These are HR24. Old boxes with multiswitches. Not genie.
post #10756 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 06:45 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I'm in MA, sent in my form last monday and I got a UPS notice today that JVC shipped me something. I think it must be the bulb. Maybe they have overcome their stock problem.

steve
post #10757 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Have Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503 that is a couple months old. Have Xbox one x, ps4, apple tv and panny UB820 connected to the back HDMI ports. Also have 2 DirecTV boxes connected via HDMI to the back ports. Was feeding a JVC RS57 front projector via HDMI from the pioneer receiver. All cables are new and certified 4K. Everything working perfectly.

Interestingly when the cable from the receiver is plugged into any other HDTV and there is sound, the receiver says it is getting 5.1 DD from the DTV boxes. When it is plugged into the NX7 and there is no sound the receiver says it is getting ANALOG signal.
It doesn't make any sense that the NX7 should disable the audio from the DTV boxes at the receiver. The source is sending the video and audio to the receiver, the receiver is decoding and playing the audio and passing the video signal to the monitor. The only way I can see it happening is if the source isn't recognizing the NX7 as a valid HDCP display, but then it wouldn't work with any source for video OR audio.

Just to clarify your setup, the NX7 is plugged into the main HDMI/ARC/4K HDR output? Does your HDMI cable have directionality? Some have a source end and a display end.
markmon1 likes this.

JVC DLA-NX9 / 156" 2.4:1 CIH Seymour AT screen / Marantz AV7704 11.2 / Yamaha MX-A5000 11-ch amp
HTPC MadVR RTX 2080 / 24TB PMS Server (direct UHD rips)
Adam A8X monitor LCR / RBH A-610 x 8 / Kef Ci160ER x 4 / HSU ULS-15
Secondary: Samsung UN82MU8000 / Marantz NR1607 AVR / Kef Q150 + Minx Min 10 / SVS SB-2000
post #10758 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12522 Post(s)
Liked: 10133
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by loggeo View Post
A lot of people try to calm me down by saying:
"Perhaps it is better that you did not receive your projector yet. Let jvc short out the problems first!".
Either way we as (European) consumers are screwed. Having lost all my patience, I was able to talk to JVC Europe (Germany) today.
They just listened to my rant and did absolutely zero to help, other than adopt an apologetic style.
They gave me no update on deliveries. Actually they did not have an answer to anything.
I can' t imagine what a nightmare it will be to try to sent a faulty unit for repair or replacement.
What a nightmare...
I do not know about Europe, but JVC USA is doing a good job standing behind their product to make things right for consumer here, that have a problem. Their slow roll out sucks, but they are taking care of customers.
post #10759 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 07:11 PM

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12522 Post(s)
Liked: 10133
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Should receive in the next few days.
post #10760 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidahn View Post
Just to clarify your setup, the NX7 is plugged into the main HDMI/ARC/4K HDR output? Does your HDMI cable have directionality? Some have a source end and a display end.
You might have hit on it. The HDMI cable is a 30 ft run with directionality. Maybe that is it. Going to try a nondirectional long cable I have.

If this is the issue, why is everything but the directv boxes working?
post #10761 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 07:28 PM

Quote:
You might have hit on it. The HDMI cable is a 30 ft run with directionality. Maybe that is it. Going to try a nondirectional long cable I have.

If this is the issue, why is everything but the directv boxes working?
Nope. Nondirectional HDMI cable has same issue.
post #10762 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 5225 Post(s)
Liked: 3392
Quote:

Replaced my RS57 with the NX7. Just a matter of taking down old projector, mounting new projector and plugging in HDMI cable. Or so I thought.

Everything working fine EXCEPT no sound from EITHER DirecTV boxes. Picture is fine but no sound. Tested the DTV boxes with same cables on another TV. Good picture and sound. Tried every single input on the back of the receiver with both DTV boxes with same result...good picture, no sound. Everything else (apple tv, ps4, panny player and xbox) all have normal picture and sound from every HDMI port on the back. No sound from either DTV box from ANY of the back HDMI ports. If I take the HDMI running from the pioneer receiver out of the NX7 and plug it into any other HDTV including the RS57, automatically get sound from all the theater speakers. Plug it back into the NX7, no sound.

Finally hooked up a couple of optical cables and got sound via optical and picture via hdmi.

Your post is interesting, but your conclusion is flawed. The NX7 is a display only device and has no sound capabilities. It is up to your receiver to handle this situation. The problem is in your receiver in how it is detecting the projector and its capabilities, most likely.

Does the behavior change if you force the output to 1080p from the DTV devices or in the receiver?

Edit: also I'd poke around the DTV inputs and make sure all ARC (audio return channel) features are turned off. Projectors don't support this feature.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.

Last edited by markmon1; 04-30-2019 at 07:42 PM.
post #10763 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Nope. Nondirectional HDMI cable has same issue.
Too bad that didn't work.

30' is a pretty long run; maybe try testing with a shorter cable to see if the length is prohibiting the HDCP handshake between the AVR and the NX7. Different chipsets might have different tolerances for long runs.

Does your 30' cable have ferrite cores? If not, Monoprice sells just ferrite cores. No guarantee that will fix it, but I always prefer overkill at every link in the signal chain. It only takes one weak link to make the whole setup fail. That's why I went with 48 Gbps rather than 18 Gbps cables.

JVC DLA-NX9 / 156" 2.4:1 CIH Seymour AT screen / Marantz AV7704 11.2 / Yamaha MX-A5000 11-ch amp
HTPC MadVR RTX 2080 / 24TB PMS Server (direct UHD rips)
Adam A8X monitor LCR / RBH A-610 x 8 / Kef Ci160ER x 4 / HSU ULS-15
Secondary: Samsung UN82MU8000 / Marantz NR1607 AVR / Kef Q150 + Minx Min 10 / SVS SB-2000
post #10764 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy2416 View Post
But the DI on my N7 is not working as designed. It is, most of the time, but this clamping down is something else happening. I am very happy with the DI function, when it works. Apart from the yellowing that is [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG] But hopefully that specific issue is fw fixable.
Is this happening on HDR and SDR material?

Hopefully you get it all sorted out but it sounds exactly like what I was experiencing..
I am also experiencing this exact thing, although I get a yellow pumping after a bright to dark scene. I've sent videos to JVC,
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...OB?usp=sharing
post #10765 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 08:54 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6668 Post(s)
Liked: 6662
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
For what it is worth, shipping location and bulb availability seem to be the key factors for time it takes to receive a bulb.

I sent in my paperwork on February 8th. I sent it certified USPS mail and watched the tracking. It took nearly 4 weeks for my form to reach JVC in NJ from Durango. Pretty ridiculous. Anyway I just got my free bulb yesterday April 29th. That makes 11 & 1/2 weeks. I wasn't in a rush as I won't need to use the new bulb for awhile but it is good to have a free spare. Thanks JVC.
Snail mail can drive you mad sometimes, I think it was 20 items that we dropped off at a USPS office. One week later no update, had to call office I dropped off at. They said we never dropped them off. I said they had to be there somewhere just sitting, 2 hours later all but 3 tracked....on those three that never tracked, they said I never dropped them off so I could not file a claim.
post #10766 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 41
The yellowing issue seems to be there in every unit when the DI is on ? For me it’s very evident with the subtitles turning mildly yellow. In my case, while using the shield, it’s only evident while watching the subtitles and does not seem to be visible in the scenes but the minute I go back to the main menu, there is a yellow tint on the entire image. No yellowing however in Auto 1 mode.
post #10767 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 09:14 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any details for N5 vs N7 for contrast and black levels floating around that i have missed?
post #10768 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 09:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post
What firmware version do you have? Do you had low latency and/or motion enhance enabled? It seems there is a bug related to low latency/motion enhance when an high contrast image suddenly appear on screen.
I'm on firmware 2.01, i was using CMD on high.

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
post #10769 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by abinav555 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhunter1983 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by abinav555 View Post
Thanks David. I just found out that I do have good cables that support bt.2020. Problem seems to be the receiver (Marantz 7702) which has only 4K and no HDR support. Will be replacing it in two days.

On the other hand, this has been eating me for a while now. Dark scenes(full HD) are extremely dark when watching with the Shield, looks like it’s losing a lot of highlights. Using the rs2000. I just watched the 3rd episode of Game of Thrones S08 and the dark scenes are extremely dark. I know the episode was intentionally shot that way but something seems off.
Post your PJ color profile selections menus.

Also the info tab when the content is running.
Will post it when i go through the content again. But if i remember right, color profile is bt.709 at 6500k. Iris at auto 2 clamped at -2.
Content info was 4k 59.xx p 8 bit.
1080 24p when played through 1080p setting.
These are the settings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	520146FC-5E54-4D5E-B2EB-9B7EF88B21FE_1556687729772.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2560892   Click image for larger version

Name:	97B8C766-29B2-4AF7-8EFE-FE1D03C2B987_1556687754232.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	2560894   Click image for larger version

Name:	EF49CE5A-EC15-4FF6-AA35-CF4DF7624EE9_1556687778311.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	2560898  
post #10770 of 17842 Old 04-30-2019, 11:07 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haalik123 View Post
I am also experiencing this exact thing, although I get a yellow pumping after a bright to dark scene. I've sent videos to JVC,

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...OB?usp=sharing

If it’s HDR content try using BT2020 color profile. There is no yellowing in that profile

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page