Soooo, Mr Deering calibrated my projector RS2000 yesterday. Let me start with this. That dude knows his stuff end of subject. People questioning his knowledge flat out do not know what they are talking about! He is worth every penny and trust me he is not cheap
I will post some post calibration information later but let me sum up a few things.
1) It seemed to me that Kris was a little surprised at how good of a sample I got. He has done a few of these and he did comment that it was a real good one.
2) I followed a bunch of setting etc on here and let me say I had some things not correct. When I get back from traveling I am going to take a picture of all the settings so if I screw them up I can go back. Those setting were both on the RS2000, ATV and Panni 820 that needed adjustment.
3) I think I need to send it back because I only hit 98.76% of P3 color with 1.3 DE Errors. I want 100%
ok just kidding. This thing tracked exceptional.
4) I thought uniformity was good but Kris showed me the right way to do it and made it even better. Concentrate on the center of screen and the rest should be ok. Also Focus, using a single pixel pattern to focus.
5) DCR Lens throws in some things that I need to bring up in that thread. Picture is great but it is throwing in some weird thing when I throw up a square pattern
6) Brightness does equate to good HDR! Actually he dialed back the brightness to get to 30FL and gave more contrast.
7) Know your calibrator. Be sure they know what they are talking about. Be in the same room as them and be sure to ask questions. You are paying for it.
Again thanks Kris and great job.