Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 396 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12569Likes

post #11851 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 01:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Parys View Post
so does anyone know how to restore an NX9 after a failed firmware reload. I reloaded my firmware and all went well...that is until I turned the projector back on and it just sits there in what sounds like high fan mode with no projected image at all (not even blue screen). When turned on it also doesnt respond to the remote control and the only way to turn off is to unplug. I have unplugged and tried to turn it back on a couple times and no luck. Getting very frustrated with JVC projectors. This is my 3rd flagship projector over the years and everyone of them has had problems which took me several turns to get sorted out. Im about to make the jump to a more reliable brand. This is not what I paid the extra cash for the uber version of this projector to battle. This paired with my input one going out last night and my scratched case on arrival is not making this an experience that I am enjoying

any thoughts on how to restore appreciated.
You may have to do a factory reset, not sure what they recommend? I know with oppo players they recommend that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11852 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 02:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravi View Post
Selfish of m to say, hope not to jinx myself.

For those experiencing vertical lines, I read somewhere turning off all digital processing (CMD, motion, etc.) might help. Is that not true?

I personally like the CMD set to low, makes the image a bit more stable especially in pan shots , with no artifacts or visible SOE.

Quote:

As for "yellowing" issue, how can that be firmware issue if only some people are experiencing it? Logically that points to a hardware problem. Or only some people are able to notice it in the first place.

All units have this. Depending on your manual iris and color profile and personal sensitivity you may or may not notice it.

I only noticed this when I turned on the colorimetery option in my Shield and used Rec.709. Turning it off and using BT.2020 profile, I see no issues anymore.

Having said that , new JVCs are unparalleled in price to value. You just can’t get this much projector at this price that comes even close to NX7 or NX5.

You will have to pay a couple of grands more to get to Sony 695 and even that some would argue does not compare favorably to NX7. That’s the reason I bought my NX7 and as of now I have no buyers remorse. Everyday I turn it on and I am amazed at the wonderful image it throws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #11853 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra 150 pilot View Post
You may have to do a factory reset, not sure what they recommend? I know with oppo players they recommend that.

I would if i knew how to. Nothing comes up on the screen so i cant see or get to the menu/factor service menu even if it was working in the background. It also doesn't appear to be responding to the remote control as I cant turn it off without unplugging it.

Jim Parys is Living the dream...
La Sirena III Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11854 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is this the blue bars that others are seeing? RS3000 with 2.04 and with Low Latency Off, CMD off, Motion Enhance Off. Happens at about two hours on and usually when switching or changing something. This afternoon it happened after changing from a 3D disc to UHD. Thanks.

BTW, I have one of the new HDFury DIVAs hooked up between the AVP and the JVC with the DIVA's serial port hooked to the JVC. Since the blue bars come on "all of a sudden" it could be that the DIVA is sending strange signals to the JVC. I have it unhooked now so time will tell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0704.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	537.4 KB
ID:	2572140  

Last edited by hjones; 05-26-2019 at 02:32 PM.
post #11855 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I would if i knew how to. Nothing comes up on the screen so i cant see or get to the menu/factor service menu even if it was working in the background. It also doesn't appear to be responding to the remote control as I cant turn it off without unplugging it.

There’s Gotta be a way to reset the projector from the control panel on the projector itself, hopefully someone will chime in to help.

Sorry Wish I could be more help.
post #11856 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjones View Post
Is this the blue bars that others are seeing? RS3000 with 2.04 and with Low Latency Off, CMD off, Motion Enhance Off. Happens at about two hours on and usually when switching or changing something. This afternoon it happened after changing from a 3D disc to UHD. Thanks.

BTW, I have one of the new HDFury DIVAs hooked up between the AVP and the JVC with the DIVA's serial port hooked to the JVC. Since the blue bars come on "all of a sudden" it could be that the DIVA is sending strange signals to the JVC. I have it unhooked now so time will tell.
Yes, this are the infamous "vertical bars". I don't think DIVA is the culprit, it may trigger something but you can experience same issue with any source/processor etc.
post #11857 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked: 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Burk View Post
What’s your take Dave?
Hard to say...there's some type of bug that's causing this. Since it isn't happening to everyone, I'm of the mind it's either a hardware issue within the JVC or possibly a software bug that's triggered when the right (or wrong) combination of hardware/conditions are presented. Since JVC is saying it can be fixed via firmware, I believe them, but I'm sure there are many owners who are losing their patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer View Post
I really think JVC should have held off the release of the new N/NX series until they sorted out the issues that are "still" ongoing!
Seeing everything we're seeing, I don't disagree.
woofer likes this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
My Atmos Renovation Part 1 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-1
My Atmos Renovation Part 2 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-2
post #11858 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
I'm afraid this is a fix that can be done only by service. Usually failed firmware updates mess with the flash memory and if the flash has been corrupted only service can help. At least that's what i'm thinkin' but i hope i'm wrong.
post #11859 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 639
^^^ Is there a button sequence when turning the JVCs on that might initiate a factory reset perhaps?

Clark
post #11860 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
I've yet to encounter a UHD movie that I could remember that didn't have the menu at BT2020 too, but it's not something I've paid particular attention to. Which movie was it?
Not sure what the BT2020 comment is referring to.... I haven't had an issue with the color space in a movie/menu. If that was coming from my mention of the PJ switching back and forth between HDR modes, that wouldn't have had anything do with the selected color space. If the PJ is set to automatically switch to a selected HDR picture mode when it sees an HDR flag from the source, it will switch picture modes. I was only assuming that it "lost" the HDR flag in between the menu and the movie. It wasn't the color wheel that was going in and out - I just noticed the fan speed going from high (which I have the default HDR picture mode set to) to low then back to high during the transition from menu to movie. At least, I think it did - it was enough for me to think "that's weird" and then a minute later I had the colored vertical bars. The menu would've had the HDR flag set and the movie would've had it set - during the "switch", it seemed to lose it.

I sent someone from JVC support the pic of the colored bars and it sounds like it's something their engineers are aware of and working on.

I am still not clear on if a factory reset would require re-running autocal. I asked JVC support and they said it would, but in Manni's autocal thread I could've swore he said that a factory reset would not reset the gamma/color settings, which is why it was important to save off the backup settings the autocal software creates the first time autocal is ran. That would be my biggest pain if I have to keep doing a factory reset after each firmware update....
post #11861 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 03:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 1401 Post(s)
Liked: 2135
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
Not sure what the BT2020 comment is referring to.... I haven't had an issue with the color space in a movie/menu. If that was coming from my mention of the PJ switching back and forth between HDR modes, that wouldn't have had anything do with the selected color space. If the PJ is set to automatically switch to a selected HDR picture mode when it sees an HDR flag from the source, it will switch picture modes. I was only assuming that it "lost" the HDR flag in between the menu and the movie. It wasn't the color wheel that was going in and out - I just noticed the fan speed going from high (which I have the default HDR picture mode set to) to low then back to high during the transition from menu to movie. At least, I think it did - it was enough for me to think "that's weird" and then a minute later I had the colored vertical bars. The menu would've had the HDR flag set and the movie would've had it set - during the "switch", it seemed to lose it.

I sent someone from JVC support the pic of the colored bars and it sounds like it's something their engineers are aware of and working on.

I am still not clear on if a factory reset would require re-running autocal. I asked JVC support and they said it would, but in Manni's autocal thread I could've swore he said that a factory reset would not reset the gamma/color settings, which is why it was important to save off the backup settings the autocal software creates the first time autocal is ran. That would be my biggest pain if I have to keep doing a factory reset after each firmware update....
Brandon,

What I'm saying is the menu should be in HDR too and shouldn't be triggering the projector to switch picture modes on and off.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
My Atmos Renovation Part 1 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-1
My Atmos Renovation Part 2 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-2
post #11862 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Seriously, you guys cant just swap a projector yourself? This is not a task that requires a professional paid person to come take care of.
Lifting a 43 lb box by yourself while standing on a ladder step and sliding it into a mount, holding with one hand while tightening the screws? I am in reasonably good shape but no superhero and would need another able bodied person to help me.
post #11863 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 04:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 4480 Post(s)
Liked: 2817
Quote:
Lifting a 43 lb box by yourself while standing on a ladder step and sliding it into a mount, holding with one hand while tightening the screws? I am in reasonably good shape but no superhero and would need another able bodied person to help me.
Getting a friend / family member to help you lift it is completely different than paying a professional installer to come install it.
mattztt and llang269 like this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #11864 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
Brandon,

What I'm saying is the menu should be in HDR too and shouldn't be triggering the projector to switch picture modes on and off.
It would not have been the movie or the menu - it's what happens in between the two. I can't recall when there isn't an HDMI re-sync going on between menu and movie. Everything with that menu would have to be exactly the same as the movie in order to avoid an HDMI re-sync. In almost all cases the menu is not going to be sent to the PJ at 24fps, so there is going to be a change in the signal between menu and movie. I still can't swear it happened and it hasn't been repeatable. I'm aware it's not "normal" for the actual picture mode to change. My thought is that whatever issue exists in software on this PJ is probably having to do with how it handles HDMI "issues". If this did happen, it clearly "lost" the HDR flag during the transition - it really probably should need to "lose" it longer before attempting to switch picture modes (and, normally, this doesn't happen). I can't imagine it would be good for the PJ to attempt a picture mode change in the midst of an HDMI signal change. Not that I really know what I'm talking about from a technical perspective - just reporting what I observed. And even that I wouldn't find overly reliable until I see it repeat. The change in fan noise was enough for me to take notice, though....
post #11865 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Looks like a forklift driver wasn't paying attention to my NX7! Took two months for this one and one month later I still don't have the replacement. Frustrating!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0430191838.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1,023.2 KB
ID:	2572168   Click image for larger version

Name:	0428190948.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	2572170  
post #11866 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 05:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post

So I'm loving my projector. No issues to report. Everything excellent.
Ditto.
tommarra and Jacob92175 like this.
post #11867 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Getting a friend / family member to help you lift it is completely different than paying a professional installer to come install it.

well yes, but I also have the ATH-2 Transport and Panamorph DC1 lens, which adds another 20ish pounds. I could get another person, but if I damage it than its on me. I lift weights everyday and trust me its not as easy as it sounds with this new beast
jorgebetancourt likes this.

La Sirena III Theater
post #11868 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6578 Post(s)
Liked: 7606
Quote:

My friends helped me install my RS4500 ( 80 lbs, eh ? ) and my two electric screens. No problem! Their assistance has provided them with dozens and dozens of movie nights.

post #11869 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
There’s Gotta be a way to reset the projector from the control panel on the projector itself, hopefully someone will chime in to help.

Sorry Wish I could be more help.

Well turns out to not have been the FW at all. When the projector turned off and I turned it back on I guess sometimes it takes longer for the initial boot up of the FW the first time. I came back after 20mins and it had loaded up. So somewhat good news is that I am back up and can watch input 2 until I can get a replacement or figure out how to get input 1 working again. Pretty much tried everything I can think of and have found online. I guess this ones going back for a replacement unless JVC has any great ideas.
ultra 150 pilot likes this.

La Sirena III Theater
post #11870 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surroundsound99 View Post
Looks like a forklift driver wasn't paying attention to my NX7! Took two months for this one and one month later I still don't have the replacement. Frustrating!
I Went with my dealer to the distributor to pick up my NX5( I didn’t want it shipped again),the first box they gave us had a hole in it from forklift just like that one,We quickly refused that box they and gave us another one. Fortunately for me we were there to see it and there was another one to choose from on the pallet

I think shipping these projectors is a major part of the issues here.

Sorry that happened to you! I promise once you turn it on you will forget about waiting so long cause the picture is amazing
post #11871 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well turns out to not have been the FW at all. When the projector turned off and I turned it back on I guess sometimes it takes longer for the initial boot up of the FW the first time. I came back after 20mins and it had loaded up. So somewhat good news is that I am back up and can watch input 2 until I can get a replacement or figure out how to get input 1 working again. Pretty much tried everything I can think of and have found online. I guess this ones going back for a replacement unless JVC has any great ideas.
I think I recall reading this on the nad receiver thread, that sometimes it takes a while for the unit to come back on,
Scared the crap out of ya huh?
post #11872 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
So somewhat good news is that I am back up and can watch input 2 until I can get a replacement or figure out how to get input 1 working again. Pretty much tried everything I can think of and have found online. I guess this ones going back for a replacement unless JVC has any great ideas.
Question: are you running different HDMI cables from your AVR to each of the PJ's inputs or a single cable that works in #2 , but not #1 ?
post #11873 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 07:53 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lumagen and Vertical Bars

I'm just curious, does anyone that has experienced the vertical lines (or similar issues) have a Lumagen Radiance Pro in their chain?
danb93 likes this.
post #11874 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 08:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbynw View Post
I'm just curious, does anyone that has experienced the vertical lines (or similar issues) have a Lumagen Radiance Pro in their chain?
Not really what you asked, but I have a Radiance Pro and have not experienced the bars on my RS3000.
post #11875 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 378
Quote:
The RPA Elite mount makes this easier, as you just need to pull the lever once you get the heads up through the keyholes and sitting on the mount. I find I need help for taking it down though, as it is a huge weight to just suddenly become free.

Quote:
well yes, but I also have the ATH-2 Transport and Panamorph DC1 lens, which adds another 20ish pounds. I could get another person, but if I damage it than its on me. I lift weights everyday and trust me its not as easy as it sounds with this new beast
Are you mounting with everything already attached to the plate? When I had the UH480 lens and MTH sled I used to mount those after mounting the projector/plate. The plate for the DCR is nice as it is solely for the lens and can be added after the projector is mounted. It also doesn't weigh much. The old plates are like 12lbs aren't they?
post #11876 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
I’m still not understanding this, I see a little yellowing on the oppo screensaver but that’s it. Didn’t kris deering already test this and the yellowing is very rare to see? You seem post this issue about the yellowing di every time some one is considering buying the new jvc like it ruins the viewing experience. Am I missing something here?

The yellowing is not rare. It happens every time whenever the Auto DI closes down and is visible especially on white colored areas.

Many people don’t notice it and that’s fine. But for some of us that are sensitive to the color, we see it whenever the DI closes and there is white in the scene. So I just don’t use the Auto DI which is fine IMO as the native contrast is high enough on its own.
post #11877 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 09:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6578 Post(s)
Liked: 7606
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Eek!

But it is fantastic thought from a tech perspective, with a simple cable they are able to transmit 18gbps worth of data.

Remember the 56.6 K modems just a couple of decades back? There are issues for sure but technology has come a long way ... or someone has captured a Decepticon somewhere and getting all the new tech from them

True, but I don't remember handshake issues with component cables ( which seemed good at the time ) !!
tommarra likes this.
post #11878 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 09:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
Question: are you running different HDMI cables from your AVR to each of the PJ's inputs or a single cable that works in #2 , but not #1 ?

typically I run 2 hdmi cables from two different sources. But I have tried the cable/sources that worked and they dont work on input one now.

La Sirena III Theater
post #11879 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbynw View Post
Also not really what you asked. But I didn't have vertical lines my NX9 and Radiance Pro yet.

Further I think that HDMI is more stable in this combination than with my previous X9500. From time to time I had HDMI lockups on the X9500 or a crash of the Radiance Pro output board.

Projection: JVC DLA-NX9
VP/Calibration: Lumagen Radiance Pro, LightSpace CMS, x-rite i1 Pro 2, x-rite i1 Display 3
post #11880 of 13189 Old 05-26-2019, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post
Ditto.
My 3000 has had zero issues as well. While I'm not challenging it with all kinds of sources and modes, I did have Chad B calibrate it to a Panasonic 820 and an Xbox One X, and it looks beautiful. The one thing I hope for is for an anomorphic mode D for 16x9 output throught the DCR lens, but 90% of the time I'm watching scope material anyway. I'm loving it, and I'm fortunate not to have seen any of the issues mentioned here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page