Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 414 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 18659Likes

post #12391 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Be happy to fix that for you.........
75% discount sounds great
rak306 likes this.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12392 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Has somebody the combo DILA N7 and panasonic Ub9000 and struggle to get HDR out of Netflix app? I tried everything but it doesn't work. I have no problem with UHD 4K disks
post #12393 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post
Begs the questions: How many witnesses/testimonials are needed? What exactly qualifies someone to be an "informed videophile". The JVC users posting in this (JVC) thread are not exactly a truckload of video neophytes.

You might want to "google" the actual meaning of the phrase "begging the question". (sorry, drives me nuts!)

I'm suspicious of witness/testimonial that is so one-sided. I like the enthusiasm in home theater, but there seems to be little if any challenge to common practices, especially with surround sound. So yeah, I'm a touch skeptical, but not irrationally so.

Anyhow, what does make someone an "informed videophile"? I'm not among them, but I appreciate the very basics such as easily distinguishing between physical disc (Blu or UHD) releases sourced from 35mm film, where there absolutely must be film grain, versus digital (or where there's a mix of cameras such as 35mm/65mm in Dunkirk). I'm inclined to eschew to use of DNR and I won't be fooled to believe that film could (or should!) look that way. So, a videophile is examining and critiquing content. The video display's shortcomings must be appreciated and distinguished from that of the content.

HT: Panasonic DP-UB820 | JVC RS600 | 106" x 45" Stewart ST 100 | Cary Audio Cinema 12 | NAD M27 | Elac Uni-Fi UF5, UC5, Debut F5/B6; Focal CMS Sub
STEREO: [Shunyata Denali] Playback Designs MPS-5 (fully upgraded) | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 ES | Focal Diablo Utopia III DEN: 60" Panasonic VT60
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12394 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
There is no intermission break. And I don't have an "N " series projector - I have an RS4500.
Then one of us is in the wrong thread! The RS4500 is excellent at 3D, too. Instead iof intermission break read "pee-break"
post #12395 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 3024 Post(s)
Liked: 2233
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901 View Post
I'm suspicious of witness/testimonial that is so one-sided. I like the enthusiasm in home theater, but there seems to be little if any challenge to common practices, especially with surround sound. So yeah, I'm a touch skeptical, but not irrationally so.
FWIW I was also sceptical of the DCR lens. I removed my previous Prismasonic lens when I bought my RS600 as it clearly reduced visible resolution versus zooming.

My RS4500 is the first projector I have owned that renders the native pixel grid as well in the very corners as it does in the centre of the screen, natively with its own lens, so there was no way I was going to be able to tolerate any losses to that new found resolution.

To my surprise adding the DCR in front of the RS4500 made no difference to the rendering of that pixel grid, even in the extreme corners, and even though the pixels are smaller due to the vertical compression. If there had have been, I would have returned it straight away. I was anticipating some marginal softening at least, but there is none that I can make out, even at the screen.
post #12396 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J Simpson View Post
Has somebody the combo DILA N7 and panasonic Ub9000 and struggle to get HDR out of Netflix app? I tried everything but it doesn't work. I have no problem with UHD 4K disks
Do you subscribe to the top level Netflix membership which is required for 4k content? Are you using the Panasonic download app or another device such as Apple TV or Roku?
post #12397 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh901 View Post
You might want to "google" the actual meaning of the phrase "begging the question". (sorry, drives me nuts!)

Looked it up. Clearly I should have used 'prompts the question'. You weren't a linguistics major by chance?
post #12398 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1694 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
As I asked in the other thread, it would be helpful if you indicated your AVR, and any other devices and cables that are in the path from your UB9000 to your N7. It should work, and since it's not, something is going awry somewhere.

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #12399 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Mathus View Post
Do you subscribe to the top level Netflix membership which is required for 4k content? Are you using the Panasonic download app or another device such as Apple TV or Roku?
Yes, If I use the internal Netflix app of my oled tv I can see HDR. The player is directly connected to the projectors as the AVR (KRELL HTS 7.1) is connected in analog. I don't have any problem displaying HDR from the player with 4k discs so it's not a matter of the hdmi cable.
post #12400 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 2438 Post(s)
Liked: 2294
Quote:
Yes, If I use the internal Netflix app of my oled tv I can see HDR. The player is directly connected to the projectors as the AVR (KRELL HTS 7.1) is connected in analog. I don't have any problem displaying HDR from the player with 4k discs so it's not a matter of the hdmi cable.
Check that you have the 4K60 color space option in the player set to 4:4:4 and not 4:2:0.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #12401 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxiedog13 View Post
The Paladin is not glass btw, it's a plastic lens , but a very well engineered plastic element that some avoid acknowledging as such. Even those selling didn't know it was plastic and reviewers calling it "Great Glass" all a deception becasue they are the same individuals that criticised the plastic main element of the Sony models . Reviewers calling the DCR as "great glass" when in fact it's a arcrylic hybrid " plastic' composite lens is very convenient way to, "have your cake and eat it too" unfortunately that is not being honest.

I've owned every last lens Panamorph has made, the additional light more than anything required for a larger screen, improved resolution , improved 3D and HDR performance. The current DCR is indeed as good as all previous glass element lens , actually improved for 8K resolution . During the last year or more , I've used the ISCO IIIL side by side with the DCR, there is no measureable difference in quality , friends in the UK did the same comparison at a shootout and were surprised the DCR performed as good as the ISCO on 4K patterns . The only real difference is the design and application as one suited best for curved ( ISCO) the Paladin best suited for flat screens. Plastic has the advantage of being 1/3 the weight, the DCR design allows the shortest throw which allows the maximum available light output . Panamorph customer support is wonderful, Sean has gone well beyond the norms for customer support, has even supported and fixed issues with second hand product long beyond warrany. They are a local company that are real and available to call for customer support, it doesn't get any better . I know some have remarked the cost is high , but then again this is common for all high end AV product . I determined the cost was well worth the investment for all the reasons mentioned , but back when I did not have the funds for new I managed to get second hand product for great pricing, Panamorph still gave me great support , I cannot say enough about how great their support has been.

I will use the Paladin DCR with my VW5000 I expect the same improvements everyone else does, improved brightness and resolution with no losses. Plastic will perform as good as anything when manufactured properly , that's obvious as many "plastic" critics use the Paladin with their flagship projectors too.
"the DCR design allows the shortest throw which allows the maximum available light output."

I'm pretty sure an ISCOIII allows the shortest throw. My projector is 13ft from a 133 2:35 inch screen and I cannot even zoom out to fill that screen. Projected zoomed out image is about 4 inches from the border and i'm guessing in order for a DCR to work it needs to be far enough back so the image touches the border before it's compressed.

If that's the case I would need to move my projector back for a DCR lens.

Pioneer SC-95, Axiom M80, VP180, Dual SVS PB-4000 subs, ISCO III, RS540 + Stewart Cima Neve 133
post #12402 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Check that you have the 4K60 color space option in the player set to 4:4:4 and not 4:2:0.
That is already 4:4:4
post #12403 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Let's concentrte on the Netflix APP built into the UB9000 under main menu " NETWORK SERVICE" . Now go to SETUP on your UB9000. The following is my settings.

PLAYER SETTINGS

Resolution - AUTO
4k/60 Output - 4k/60p 4-4-4
24p Output - AUTO
HDMI (Video) Output Mode - AUTO
HDR10+ Setting - ON

ADVANCED SETTINGS

Color Mode - YCbCr (AUTO)
Deep Color Output - AUTO (12 bit priority)
25p/50p Output - OFF

My setup is NX9 fed by the UB9000 via Marantz 8805 Pre-Pro

It works perfectly for 4k Discs and Netflix with HDR signal indicated on the NX9

The above works for me. I suspect that your4k/60 Output is something different from mine???

Please note that not all 4k content on Netflix is HDR encoded. The selection screen at top displays the video and sound features for each program.

As you indicate that 4k discs exhibit HDR properly I assume that your JVC NX7 settings are correct.

Last edited by Roger Mathus; 06-05-2019 at 03:30 PM.
post #12404 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 7215 Post(s)
Liked: 8635
Quote:
Originally Posted by microwiz View Post
"the DCR design allows the shortest throw which allows the maximum available light output."

I'm pretty sure an ISCOIII allows the shortest throw. My projector is 13ft from a 133 2:35 inch screen and I cannot even zoom out to fill that screen. Projected zoomed out image is about 4 inches from the border and i'm guessing in order for a DCR to work it needs to be far enough back so the image touches the border before it's compressed.

That quote from Roxiedog is wrong. The Paladin and DCR lens are made of glass - not plastic. Shawn has pointed this out several times - Panamorph has not made plastic lenses in many years. Please refrain from spreading " fake news ". Thank you.
tigerhonaker likes this.
post #12405 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
That quote from Roxiedog is wrong. The Paladin and DCR lens are made of glass - not plastic. Shawn has pointed this out several times - Panamorph has not made plastic lenses in many years. Please refrain from spreading " fake news ". Thank you.
I was only talking about the throw distances, which has nothing to do with what the lens is made of.

Pioneer SC-95, Axiom M80, VP180, Dual SVS PB-4000 subs, ISCO III, RS540 + Stewart Cima Neve 133
post #12406 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I was only talking about the throw distances, which has nothing to do with what the lens is made of.
Then you should have not used the un-edited quote from Roxiedog. Edit out the incorrect info ( has was corrected on this by Shawn ).
post #12407 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Then you should have not used the un-edited quote from Roxiedog. Edit out the incorrect info ( has was corrected on this by Shawn ).
Or you could just read what I wrote, not very difficult. The context was very clear.

post #12408 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:

What is meant is that as it is a VC (Vertical Compression) lens it works at the shorter throw / max zoom and so with more light being input into the lens than an HE lens, for a given distance from the screen. For example, using the zoom method I measured a 7% increase in total light when zooming an RS600 (haven't checked my RS3000) to fill the scope screen compared to the total light at the unzoomed 16:9. So the DCR starts with 7% more light into it than if I had continued to use the UH480.
microwiz likes this.
post #12409 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Or you could just read what I wrote, not very difficult. The context was very clear.
Or you could remove this - " The Paladin is not glass btw, it's a plastic lens , but a very well engineered plastic element that some avoid acknowledging as such. Even those selling didn't know it was plastic and reviewers calling it "Great Glass" all a deception becasue they are the same individuals that criticised the plastic main element of the Sony models . Reviewers calling the DCR as "great glass" when in fact it's a arcrylic hybrid " plastic' composite lens is very convenient way to, "have your cake and eat it too" unfortunately that is not being honest. "

Because it's wrong. When you dredge up old posts with the Wayback Machine out of context, you spread misinformation.
Manni01 likes this.
post #12410 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Or you could remove this - " The Paladin is not glass btw, it's a plastic lens , but a very well engineered plastic element that some avoid acknowledging as such. Even those selling didn't know it was plastic and reviewers calling it "Great Glass" all a deception becasue they are the same individuals that criticised the plastic main element of the Sony models . Reviewers calling the DCR as "great glass" when in fact it's a arcrylic hybrid " plastic' composite lens is very convenient way to, "have your cake and eat it too" unfortunately that is not being honest. "

Because it's wrong. When you dredge up old posts with the Wayback Machine out of context, you spread misinformation.
I didn't dredge up an old post, that was the latest post I was caught up to when I replied about the "THOW DISTANCE"

post #12411 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I didn't dredge up an old post, that was the latest post I was caught up to when I replied about the "THOW DISTANCE"
My apologies - it was so far back I thought this was an old post. This thread moves fast. Anyway, I'll get Shawn Kelly to chime in.

4 pages in 22 hours. At this rate we will be at 600 pages by the 4th of July.
microwiz likes this.

Last edited by Craig Peer; 06-05-2019 at 04:34 PM.
post #12412 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Just received my RS2000. It came double boxed with bubble wrap on all sides between both boxes. Neither the exterior and interior box was damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12413 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 786 Post(s)
Liked: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post
Looked it up. Clearly I should have used 'prompts the question'. You weren't a linguistics major by chance?

Ha. No. I would not nominate myself for grammar police! So many common words and phrases have been used incorrectly by so many and for such a long time that it will be another generation or two before the mess is cleaned up.

HT: Panasonic DP-UB820 | JVC RS600 | 106" x 45" Stewart ST 100 | Cary Audio Cinema 12 | NAD M27 | Elac Uni-Fi UF5, UC5, Debut F5/B6; Focal CMS Sub
STEREO: [Shunyata Denali] Playback Designs MPS-5 (fully upgraded) | Cary Audio SLP-05 tube line level | Cary Audio SA-200.2 ES | Focal Diablo Utopia III DEN: 60" Panasonic VT60
post #12414 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 2537 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th601 View Post
Just received my RS2000. It came double boxed with bubble wrap on all sides between both boxes. Neither the exterior and interior box was damaged.
Very good, some of you guys only waited like a year for shipping
I'd be setting that bad boy up ASAP to see what it can do...

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
post #12415 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
My guess is that "standard" adds some artificial sharpening processing to help with 2K images where 4K doesn't.

JVC's enhancement sucks. MadVR's is incredible. That should be enough
Yes thats why I have Enhance on zero and use some low settings in madvr.

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
Absolutly no connection with RapalloNZ
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild, plus new LED ceiling install Christmas 2018
post #12416 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Um, just to be perfectly clear (did I say that?) Panamorph lenses are made from high end optical projection glass to higher than typical industry Mil-Spec standards with optimized AR coatings. It is true that they are hybrids of cylindrical and prism technologies which makes them expensive to produce, but they are certainly made completely from glass which is why when we say we've sold tons of lenses its quite literal.

Shawn Kelly
Panamorph, Inc.
www.panamorph.com
[email protected]
post #12417 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:35 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
Very good, some of you guys only waited like a year for shipping

I'd be setting that bad boy up ASAP to see what it can do...

I played winter soldier on it and so far so good. None of the styrofoam was cracked either. I’m stoked.

Craig Peer and jeahrens like this.
post #12418 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Th601 View Post
I played winter soldier on it and so far so good. None of the styrofoam was cracked either. I’m stoked.

I was under the impression that there was someone at the factory pre-breaking it, it was so common. The styrofoam breaker must be on vacation.
Brandon B and Th601 like this.
post #12419 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Quoted: 5456 Post(s)
Liked: 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
Yes thats why I have Enhance on zero and use some low settings in madvr.
Cheers. That's how I run mine as well.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #12420 of 20494 Old 06-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6849 Post(s)
Liked: 6848
Quote:
Speaking of Avatar, when is the original coming out on 4K Blu-ray ?
LOL, when the new movie is released.
Brandon B likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx5 , nx7 , nx9 , rs1000 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page