Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 417 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13298Likes

post #12481 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
RS2000 delivery date

So I got a call from my dealer who stated he will have the RS2000 in his location next Tuesday or Wednesday. I originally ordered the NX7 but apparently the two that just came in was crushed/damaged by delivery. So... he was able to procure a few RS2000 from his JVC distributor. Hopefully I will have it in hand next week! The dealer is about 1.5 hours from me so I am driving there to pick it up. Not taking any chances on shipping. I guess I should consider myself one of the lucky ones as I placed my order the third week in April; just before the bulb promotion expiration. He spoke to JVC and they will honor the free bulb promo AS LONG AS the receipt/invoice order form show an order date PRIOR to April 30, 2019. I hope I don't experience any of the issues stated in this forum. I will report on the firmware number once it is up and running. Fingers crossed...
Dandlj likes this.

Dedicated HT Equipment: Klipsch RF82BK L+R Speakers|Klipsch RC62BK CC Speaker|Definitive Technology B92X Surrounds|NHT Super One Rear Surrounds|4 Polk MC80 Ceiling Atmos|Velodyne VLF 1012 and Definitive Technology PF1500TL+ SWs|Marantz SR7012 Receiver|Yamaha RXV1800 Receiver for Atmos|JVC RS2000 Projector|Seymour Center Stage UF AT 140" diag 2:35 Screen on DIY frame and false front wall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12482 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 01:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by den110 View Post
So I got a call from my dealer who stated he will have the RS2000 in his location next Tuesday or Wednesday. I originally ordered the NX7 but apparently the two that just came in was crushed/damaged by delivery. So... he was able to procure a few RS2000 from his JVC distributor. Hopefully I will have it in hand next week! The dealer is about 1.5 hours from me so I am driving there to pick it up. Not taking any chances on shipping. I guess I should consider myself one of the lucky ones as I placed my order the third week in April; just before the bulb promotion expiration. He spoke to JVC and they will honor the free bulb promo AS LONG AS the receipt/invoice order form show an order date PRIOR to April 30, 2019. I hope I don't experience any of the issues stated in this forum. I will report on the firmware number once it is up and running. Fingers crossed...

I received my RS2000 Wednesday. It came with firmware 2.04. Haven’t experienced any issues yet but I downloaded firmware 2.07 just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12483 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi folks,

I am looking at the RS2000 as an upgrade to my previous JVC projector from a couple of years ago (first one with the low latency setting). Reading the review of the RS*3000* at the beginning of this thread, I came across this text:

INPUT LAG MEASUREMENTS:

LOW LATENCY, eSHIFT 8K, and MOTION ENHANCE --> Turning these ON/OFF makes no difference regarding the measured INPUT LAG

If I read this correctly, the low latency option does literally nothing? And really, the only thing that affects input lag is having Clear Motion Drive (CMD) on?

That seems... weird. Am I misunderstanding? Basically I am trying to understand if the low latency mode is actually beneficial when playing video games, or not. And if not... why does it exist as an option?

Thank you!

Last edited by avrignaud; 06-07-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12484 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6401 Post(s)
Liked: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeahrens View Post
Right there with ya. I don't begrudge anyone liking it, but the few theatrical outings and experiences with it in other's home theaters left me underwhelmed. Still I'm glad that for those that enjoy it the projector manufacturers keep supporting it.

Avatar was probably the best that format looked, though I'm not a fan of the film.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleycol View Post
Everyone,
My RS2000 arrives Monday but looking to see what mount/plates i should get? I will be dropping the projector down with an extension pole.
Eventually I will add a Panamorph DCR if that is a factor as well.
Thanks
Cory
RPA + SLB281 combo
RPMA + SLM281 combo >>> This has gear adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by den110 View Post
That is interesting as you would be losing a few months of the manufacturers warranty. We where told to invoice as normal. We just had to turn in a list of names of people waiting.
post #12485 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 361
I just received the June/July issue of "Sound & Vision". A lead article, written by Kris Deering, is a review of the RS3000/NX9 and contains a sidebar regarding the integration of the custom Panasonic/JVC curves and the UB820/9000. I was somewhat surprised to read that Kris favors "double tone mapping" (Panasonic Optimizer with JVC Auto Tone Mapping) via the BT2020 profile rather than the custom curves which were implemented in an earlier JVC PJ firmware update. This coincides with my own subjective comparison of the various combinations available with these 2 devices and is the treatment for UHD HDR source material (including Netflix HDR titles via the Panasonic's app) that I have chosen to apply.

The cherry on my personal sundae is that Yamaha, for the 1st time, is able to decode Netflix Dolby Atmos from Netflix DD+ source material via the UB820/9000 with the RX-A3080 (something that several generations of Denon/Marantz AVRs had already been capable of doing). Sweet...........
DLCPhoto and Craig Peer like this.

Last edited by docrog; 06-07-2019 at 03:41 PM.
post #12486 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 03:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 4639 Post(s)
Liked: 2943
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I received the replacement projector to fix the vertical lines problem with my RS3000 (which was from the first batch released in the US). I tested the replacement with a test clip that has been reliable in reproducing the problem.

The replacement came with firmware 2.06. I tested it with this and then upgraded to 2.07. It worked fine (no vertical lines) with both.

My conclusion from this is that the problem is basically hardware. There may or may not be a firmware work-around but, if there is, it does not work with all units.

I would warn anyone who has this problem, that since it only occurs on a certain kind of content (and even then probably won't happen every time), it can be very hard to be assured that the problem is really fixed. In my case I could go many days without seeing it.

My test clip seems be reliable in reproducing the problem, but even it won't do it every time. It's only 6 sec in length so it's no problem to run it 10-20 times. My experience is that if you do that successfully, the problem is really fixed. But, clearly, there are differences between projectors so who knows what may happen.

If you want to try the test clip, send me a PM with your email address and I will send it to you.
How many hours have you used the new projector? I'd not be satisfied that the problem was solved until you broke 300 hours without seeing it.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #12487 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6617 Post(s)
Liked: 7689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
RPA + SLB281 combo

That is interesting as you would be losing a few months of the manufacturers warranty. We where told to invoice as normal. We just had to turn in a list of names of people waiting.
Same here.
post #12488 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11818 Post(s)
Liked: 9352
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
How many hours have you used the new projector? I'd not be satisfied that the problem was solved until you broke 300 hours without seeing it.
The projector has a three year warranty, so it is not like the warranty is going to run out before he gets 300 hours on the unit. So I don't see a reason to worry about it. Hopefully it is fixed, but if not, the owner is not without any recourse.
post #12489 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2532 Post(s)
Liked: 2198
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post

I run a very large screen for home theater (150" wide) and the lens made a massive improvement in the area of brightness. Between that and tone mapping, HDR is not only watchable, it is a SIGNIFICANT improvement over SDR, and while it will never be as good as a high end LCD or OLED, it is close enough that I am satisfied. In short, it is exceptional in every way, a real joy to watch, and I don't feel like I am losing ANYTHING over watching 4k UHD content on a high brightness LCD or OLED panel. Anyone that says it doesn't work or is barely acceptable doesn't know what they are talking about. I always prefer HDR content over SDR with this setup.
I've tried to explain this to flat panel guys at the Blu-ray site, but they still don't get it and keep looking at nit specs. But they tend to be anti-projector over there in general.
post #12490 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
I think 300 hours is a bit excessive. With normal viewing I would not be convinced until it went 100 hrs, but then I'd be happy. But, I think you missed the point that I was using a special test clip. That 6 sec clip has been 100% reliable in causing the problem within a few tries. I ran it over 30 times without a problem on the new projector.

I've only run it less than an hour (I have to wait til Monday to get help to take down the old one from the ceiling and put up the new one). I've been fighting this problem for more than 600 hours (probably more than anyone else), so I have a pretty good handle on it and I'll be very surprised if it shows up.
Mike Garrett likes this.
post #12491 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Same here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
RPA + SLB281 combo

I stand corrected. The dealer told me he submitted a list of names as well. But if JVC gives him a problem, he will show them proof that the pj was ordered prior to the deadline; with a sales receipt (showing delivery pending) showing same. My new receipt will show the actual delivery date for warranty purposes.

Dedicated HT Equipment: Klipsch RF82BK L+R Speakers|Klipsch RC62BK CC Speaker|Definitive Technology B92X Surrounds|NHT Super One Rear Surrounds|4 Polk MC80 Ceiling Atmos|Velodyne VLF 1012 and Definitive Technology PF1500TL+ SWs|Marantz SR7012 Receiver|Yamaha RXV1800 Receiver for Atmos|JVC RS2000 Projector|Seymour Center Stage UF AT 140" diag 2:35 Screen on DIY frame and false front wall
post #12492 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
The projector has a three year warranty, so it is not like the warranty is going to run out before he gets 300 hours on the unit. So I don't see a reason to worry about it. Hopefully it is fixed, but if not, the owner is not without any recourse.
I only wish it were so simple. This blue bars bug, in my opinion, is the worst bug we’ve maybe seen on any projector. It’s super hard to reproduce and seems like it could happen at any time. To solve it, you have to power off the projector, wait for the lamp cool down time, perhaps unplug the projector for a bit, then power it back on. Can you imagine that crap happening with a room full of friends? Not only that, but the issue is wide spread across the entire NX line and all FW versions to date. And it’s so intermittent that you can’t be sure it’s solved for several hundred hours of use.

If I owned an NX series projector, I’d constantly be waiting for the blue bars bug to surface. I couldn’t relax and enjoy the projector. Saying you have three hear warranty just doesn’t help. It’s so intermittent and some owners only put a few hundred hours on their projectors a year they may only see it once every couple months. Is jvc going to swap a projector every time one unit blue bars only once? If not then you have to reproduce it as an ongoing problem.

If jvc could at least implement a button press hdmi reset that could be performed while the projector was running then the problem isn’t such a show stopper. It’d be a pain to grab the remote and hit the reset sequence every time it happened but it’s nothijg like what it takes to fix it now.

This one bug would keep me far away from the entire NX line until it was confidently reproduced, root caused, and fixed. Then I’d need to see no more reports of it on fw versions that contained the fix. As it stands now, I have little confidence that this bug can be fixed in firmware or even reliably reproduced to get an engineer to understand the cause to solve it. As an engineer myself who has worked on shipping hardware, I know you have to be able to reproduce a problem (multiple times) in a debug environment in order to gather enough data to understand what is happening. A problem that only occurs once every few hundred hours is possibly unfixable.

Also I’m sure you’re going to try to say that there are tons of owners that have never seen this bug. To that I’d just say they haven’t seen it yet.
woofer, DVD MAN, Frohlich and 2 others like this.

Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #12493 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 04:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1366 Post(s)
Liked: 2061
Quote:
I only wish it were so simple. This blue bars bug, in my opinion, is the worst bug we’ve maybe seen on any projector. It’s super hard to reproduce and seems like it could happen at any time. To solve it, you have to power off the projector, wait for the lamp cool down time, perhaps unplug the projector for a bit, then power it back on. Can you imagine that crap happening with a room full of friends? Not only that, but the issue is wide spread across the entire NX line and all FW versions to date. And it’s so intermittent that you can’t be sure it’s solved for several hundred hours of use.

If I owned an NX series projector, I’d constantly be waiting for the blue bars bug to surface. I couldn’t relax and enjoy the projector. Saying you have three hear warranty just doesn’t help. It’s so intermittent and some owners only put a few hundred hours on their projectors a year they may only see it once every couple months. Is jvc going to swap a projector every time one unit blue bars only once? If not then you have to reproduce it as an ongoing problem.

If jvc could at least implement a button press hdmi reset that could be performed while the projector was running then the problem isn’t such a show stopper. It’d be a pain to grab the remote and hit the reset sequence every time it happened but it’s nothijg like what it takes to fix it now.

This one bug would keep me far away from the entire NX line until it was confidently reproduced, root caused, and fixed. Then I’d need to see no more reports of it on fw versions that contained the fix. As it stands now, I have little confidence that this bug can be fixed in firmware or even reliably reproduced to get an engineer to understand the cause to solve it. As an engineer myself who has worked on shipping hardware, I know you have to be able to reproduce a problem (multiple times) in a debug environment in order to gather enough data to understand what is happening. A problem that only occurs once every few hundred hours is possibly unfixable.

Also I’m sure you’re going to try to say that there are tons of owners that have never seen this bug. To that I’d just say they haven’t seen it yet.
100% agree with this!!!

The issue is NOT subtle in any shape or form... its a huge issue that needs to be 100% certified fixed.

So far i think the current fix has been in the form of a "Band Aid" fix!
Frohlich, markmon1 and MaxTemp like this.
post #12494 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 379
Given that we didn't see it in the first batch with 1.17, the infrequency still and that a power cycle fixes it - but the repeatability @jmonier had on their previous unit - it feels like a timing hazard/glitch. This kind of issue sometimes affects us Radiance owners, where the FPGA simulation tools believe everything looks good but some hardware units are right on the edge and require a small (software) logic change to avoid. Hopefully JVC are using the clip and that unit to determine the problem, and ideally find it is within the reprogrammable part of the hardware.
post #12495 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I read an article in Australia that said when the units first came out they were delayed or recalled because of a hardware issue from A supplier. From what little I know it seems to be a input signal issue that the projector has difficulty with which to me sounds like software if it was Hardware the issue would be easily repeatable and everyone would have it as everyone is discussing it's very hit-and-miss and the problem could be anything from blue yellow purple or I have had red lines or bars. All of our dealers or suppliers are asking to look at the unit so I think JVC is still in the dark. The best part seems to be not even he suppliers understand the problem. As far as warranty goes by dealer and supplier are aware of my unit being buggered so it when I decide to hand it over to them they already know the problem existed from day one
Bill DePalma likes this.
post #12496 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 05:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I think 300 hours is a bit excessive. With normal viewing I would not be convinced until it went 100 hrs, but then I'd be happy. But, I think you missed the point that I was using a special test clip. That 6 sec clip has been 100% reliable in causing the problem within a few tries. I ran it over 30 times without a problem on the new projector.

I've only run it less than an hour (I have to wait til Monday to get help to take down the old one from the ceiling and put up the new one). I've been fighting this problem for more than 600 hours (probably more than anyone else), so I have a pretty good handle on it and I'll be very surprised if it shows up.
Your special test clip very well could have reproduced the problem on *your* projector. But have you verified it also triggered it on other projectors afflicted by the problem? My guess is every projector is a little different here and your reproduction state is not the same for others. Also there are guys that have reported in with things like "450 hours no blue bars" only a few posts later to say "oops, looks like I spoke too soon, got blue bars today but a power cycle solved it". I don't think even 100 hours is enough to say it's fixed. Not until we actually now why it happens and how to reliably reproduce it. As long as we don't have that data, I think it's not really fixable

Let's say JVC can't reliably reproduce the problem. How are they actually going to fix it? They can make some guesses and try somethings. But they cant know its fixed until they see the problem under debug circumstances, gather the needed data from the debug and determine a root cause. To fix these types of bugs, you need to reproduce it and gather debug data, then make some changes and test with debug again and again and again. When its a few hundred hours between reproductions, you're pretty much screwed.

I sure hope your test clip did reproduce it across the board. That would probably be the key to really fixing this problem. But I didn't see any other owner use your clip and say it triggered the problem. Did you?

post #12497 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 05:22 PM

Quote:

There probably are, but it still should not be happening. I was just saying I would not sit there sweating it out for 300 hours. I would just use my projector and enjoy it, as long as it was working properly. And use the warranty to take care of issues, if they occur. Have enough things to worry about in life. A projector tearing up in warranty period is the least of my worries. Like your car, how many worry about their car tearing up, during the warranty period? I wager, most don't even think about it, especially if you could have advanced exchange.
Reddig and Dandlj like this.

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 06-07-2019 at 05:25 PM.
post #12498 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 05:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1972 Post(s)
Liked: 2151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
There probably are, but it still should not be happening. I was just saying I would not sit there sweating it out for 300 hours. I would just use my projector and enjoy it, as long as it was working properly. And use the warranty to take care of issues, if they occur. Have enough things to worry about in life. A projector tearing up in warranty period is the least of my worries. Like your car, how many worry about their car tearing up, during the warranty period? I wager, most don't even think about it, especially if you could have advanced exchange.
A different way of thinking of it Mike is some people would never buy a car (or whatever product is being discussed) if it had a known issue that renders it useless. Buying a car that has known reliability issues and saying the warranty will cover me doesn't address the problem. I would just rather purchase and own a different car...but hey, that's just me.
woofer, markmon1, MovieRAV and 1 others like this.
post #12499 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Does anyone here have the JVC, marantz 8805 and directtv combo? I swapped out my HDMI but it still takes awhile to change channels on directtv? I can hear the sound and see the channel change and then it goes dark and about 4 seconds later it pops on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(2) GoldenEar References, GoldenEar SuperCenter XXL, (4) GoldenEar HTR 7000 (atmos), (2) GoldenEar SuperSat 50’s, (2) GoldenEar Triton 7 (rears), Dual Seaton Sumbersive HP (Master / Slave), JVC NX5, Dalite 119 inch UTC, Panasonic BP - UB 820, Marantz 8805, Emotiva XPR 2, Emotiva XPA 9 (gen 3) Panamax 5102, Harmony Elite, 4K Apple TV
post #12500 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:

This seems insane to me. Do you constantly worry every day that you are going to get cancer?

That's no way to live... You gotta relax and don't let things that are outside of your control worry you.

I have an NX5 with 100 hours and have no seen any issue and don't assume that I ever will. This is never something that even crosses my mind normally. If I see the issue only then I will worry about and deal with it.
3ll3d00d, Reddig, llang269 and 3 others like this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 06-07-2019 at 06:01 PM.
post #12501 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ediddy View Post
Does anyone here have the JVC, marantz 8805 and directtv combo? I swapped out my HDMI but it still takes awhile to change channels on directtv? I can hear the sound and see the channel change and then it goes dark and about 4 seconds later it pops on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
it sounds like your direct TV is sending the different resolutions based on the channel (480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i). If you can configure the directtv combo to only output 1080 or such, it should solve the resync on channel changing.
Ediddy likes this.

post #12502 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
This seems insane to me. Do you constantly worry every day that you are going to get cancer?

That's no way to live... You gotta relax and don't let things that are outside of your control worry you.

I have an NX5 with 100 hours and have no seen any issue and don't assume that I ever will. This is never something that even crosses my mind normally. If I see the issue only then I will worry about and deal with it.
I do worry about getting cancer, but there's nothing i can do about that lol.

The blue bar issue is different though. I believe every JVC NX projector is susceptible to it and they'll all see it given enough hours. I'm glad you dont worry about it. What it if happens to you 2x in 2 hour period one day next month? Are you going to write it off as a fluke? Or you going to want a projector swap? And if your projector is swapped are you just assuming you're fine?

post #12503 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:

The blue bar issue is different though. I believe every JVC NX projector is susceptible to it and they'll all see it given enough hours. I'm glad you dont worry about it. What it if happens to you 2x in 2 hour period one day next month? Are you going to write it off as a fluke? Or you going to want a projector swap? And if your projector is swapped are you just assuming you're fine?
You have 0 proof that every projector is affected by it. I would absolutely bet that even in 5 years from now there will be NX models that exist now that will never have shown this issue.

If it happens 2x in a 2 hour period I will contact JVC and do whatever needs to be done, RMA or whatever. I will assume the new one is fine.

What could a single random person even do about this issue right now?

When I buy a product, I only assume that I will have a working product for the duration of it's warranty. I trust JVC's advanced replacement warranty is good and that their overall CS is good and that the length of 3 year warranty on this projector is long enough to justify the price I paid for it.
post #12504 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You have 0 proof that every projector is affected by it. I would absolutely bet that even in 5 years from now there will be NX models that exist now that will never have shown this issue.

If it happens 2x in a 2 hour period I will contact JVC and do whatever needs to be done, RMA or whatever. I will assume the new one is fine.

What could a single random person even do about this issue right now?

When I buy a product, I only assume that I will have a working product for the duration of it's warranty. I trust JVC's advanced replacement warranty is good and that their overall CS is good and that the length of 3 year warranty on this projector is long enough to justify the price I paid for it.
You're trusting JVC's advanced replacement warranty, that sounds great if the problem is based on a defective unit being swapped. JVC's warranty really is good. But if JVC has no idea what's causing the problem and can't say whether or not its solved, then I'd have no confidence that an RMA solves the problem. That's the problem with undiagnosed intermittent problems.

What could a single random person do? They could not buy the NX line until this problem is root caused and fixed. This is the first time I've ever said something like this about JVC but I'd not want to own any projector in the NX line until this problem is solved. I'd take a solution being JVC saying "we fixed it in FW version 2.xx" and users with the problem installing that FW and not reporting it anymore.

Edit: it's not like I'm recommending people buy Sony or something either. I think the Sony black levels are unacceptable. I'm not sure what one is to do if they can't afford say an RS4500. It sucks. My opinion is if you're going to settle for Sony's blacks yo may as well just save more money and go 4K DLP and wait for something else.

post #12505 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:

I have close to 400 hours and have not seen this issue. If it happens I will request a swap but till then I do not worry at all.

I do not agree every JVC is susceptible to it

Craig Peer and llang269 like this.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #12506 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 07:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
I have close to 400 hours and have not seen this issue. If it happens I will request a swap but till then I do not worry at all.

I do hope you never see the problem. It could be that all units are susceptible but certain conditions are required such as some weird timing over the hdmi line or even a level of humidity in the air that changes static electric properties. (I know it sounds silly but I’m not making these things up. These are real things that impact electronics).
tommarra likes this.

post #12507 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post

As of tonight 148 hours and no issues. But I am still on (I think it was 1.7) firmware.

Home Theater: JVC NX7, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One
post #12508 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
A different way of thinking of it Mike is some people would never buy a car (or whatever product is being discussed) if it had a known issue that renders it useless. Buying a car that has known reliability issues and saying the warranty will cover me doesn't address the problem. I would just rather purchase and own a different car...but hey, that's just me.
But we were not talking about if one should purchase or not. He already owns the projector.
Reddig and llang269 like this.
post #12509 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Yes, this is what I was referring to in my earlier post.
post #12510 of 14060 Old 06-07-2019, 08:09 PM

Quote:
You're trusting JVC's advanced replacement warranty, that sounds great if the problem is based on a defective unit being swapped. JVC's warranty really is good. But if JVC has no idea what's causing the problem and can't say whether or not its solved, then I'd have no confidence that an RMA solves the problem. That's the problem with undiagnosed intermittent problems.

What could a single random person do? They could not buy the NX line until this problem is root caused and fixed. This is the first time I've ever said something like this about JVC but I'd not want to own any projector in the NX line until this problem is solved. I'd take a solution being JVC saying "we fixed it in FW version 2.xx" and users with the problem installing that FW and not reporting it anymore.

Edit: it's not like I'm recommending people buy Sony or something either. I think the Sony black levels are unacceptable. I'm not sure what one is to do if they can't afford say an RS4500. It sucks. My opinion is if you're going to settle for Sony's blacks yo may as well just save more money and go 4K DLP and wait for something else.
You are speculating all units have this problem. I am only seeing it on two percent, from our numbers.
Purple X, Manni01 and tommarra like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page