Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 423 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16691Likes

post #12661 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6680 Post(s)
Liked: 6676
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
If someone asks what to buy, I tell them the NX series or the RS-540/640. Those are the best projectors you can get, though 640's are hard to get, and 540's will soon be that way I suppose.
Yep sooner or later there is supposed to maybe be one more batch of 540U's hitting the USA, we will see what happens.....

Quote:

Having been in these forums for over 10 years, I can definitely say that 10+ people is enough to signify a real issue.
I guess it depends over what period of time, over a year or two not so much. I will say if the unit is warranted and its a big enough glitch it would be covered under warranty anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12662 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2455 Post(s)
Liked: 1324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Yep sooner or later there is supposed to maybe be one more batch of 540U's hitting the USA, we will see what happens.....

I guess it depends over what period of time, over a year or two not so much. I will say if the unit is warranted and its a big enough glitch it would be covered under warranty anyway.
Maybe, but IME most projector manufacturers will sweep these types of issues under the rug, that is why it is more of an individual thing. Just like the older JVC's having ballast issues, it was swept under the rug unless you fought about the lamp and ballast issues with them on an individual basis, or unless your projector just wouldn't turn on. However, lamps dying or dimming sub-1500 hours is not normal and never was, was a bad ballast.

I cannot say what JVC would or would not do, but I'd rather deal with JVC than Sony.

Benq is the easiest to deal with, too bad they don't make LCOS, lol...

Epson is somewhat easy, but they will keep sending you broken refurbs until your 7th golden sample finally arrives and is signed off by a QC engineer directly. At my age, I do not have the energy to keep repacking boxes and setting up projectors until I get that one working unit.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
post #12663 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 08:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 407
Since I've seen recent references to Lumagen & madVR (etc.), it would be interesting to determine how many of the posters who have experienced colored vertical bars are running the video signal to the JVC via external/outboard video processors/renders (only) versus an otherwise "virgin" pathway..........
coderguy and Dandlj like this.

JVC NX7, Yamaha RX-A3080 (2 discrete 7.2.4 speaker layouts: Dolby Atmos & DTS:X), Panasonic UB820, Panasonic UB420, Oppo 103D, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, TiVo Bolt Vox, Vandersteen Model 3 Signatures & VCC-1 Signature, Atlantic Technology (side, rear, front height & overhead) surrounds, SVS SB-2000 (2), Clark Synthesis Tactile Bass Transducers (2), Polk PSW-12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12664 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 241 Post(s)
Quoted: 12542 Post(s)
Liked: 10154
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
Since I've seen recent references to Lumagen & madVR (etc.), it would be interesting to determine how many of the posters who have experienced colored vertical bars are running the video signal to the JVC via external/outboard video processors/renders (only) versus an otherwise "virgin" pathway..........
I know that I had a lot more glitches with my JVC projectors, back when I used an HTPC, compared to no HTPC. In my dedicated room, I run a single HDMI cable from Marantz to my projector and other than long sync times (RS640) have no issues. In my media room, I run two displays and often times run into small issues.
post #12665 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 10:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I know that I had a lot more glitches with my JVC projectors, back when I used an HTPC, compared to no HTPC. In my dedicated room, I run a single HDMI cable from Marantz to my projector and other than long sync times (RS640) have no issues. In my media room, I run two displays and often times run into small issues.
I run two displays from my HTPC with madvr, one to the NX9 the other to a 1080p monitor in the cinema foyer above the rack which houses all the gear. The two displays are connected with a Vertex, the HTPC outputs 4K. One output of the Vertex passes 4K to the NX9, the other output of the Vertex downscales the 4K from the HTPC to 1080p, simple and always works perfectly 100%. I have never ever had a problem with any of this setup. I also have two Oppos in the rack but never ever use them, they are just too slow!

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
Absolutly no connection with RapalloNZ
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild, plus new LED ceiling install Christmas 2018
post #12666 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapalloAV View Post
I run two displays from my HTPC with madvr, one to the NX9 the other to a 1080p monitor in the cinema foyer above the rack which houses all the gear. The two displays are connected with a Vertex, the HTPC outputs 4K. One output of the Vertex passes 4K to the NX9, the other output of the Vertex downscales the 4K from the HTPC to 1080p, simple and always works perfectly 100%. I have never ever had a problem with any of this setup. I also have two Oppos in the rack but never ever use them, they are just too slow!
I am just giving my experience. Did not have major problems, but did have more small glitches, when using the HTPC. Glad your experience is better than mine.
post #12667 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 10:59 PM

I've never had any issues with HTPC over the years either, other than some receiver audio issues and Chroma conversion, but all I had to do was turn off the receivers processing and increase my sound bandwidth to 24bit 192+ I think, it was set too low and that can cause issues with Denon. Chroma issues are probably actually across the board on all sources, just hard to tell without the proper test pattern. The newer Onkyos are even more rock solid than Denon when it comes to no issues with stuff, but they are more trebly sounding. I spent a ridiculous amount of hours on the HTPC with multiple projectors, the HTPC is likely more solid than a vanilla Bluray player once you get it setup correctly, but is more prone to issues in the initial configuration. I still have both a new Onkyo and a new Denon, guess I should A/B them one day in the new room and see which sounds better, though I suspect I will find it sounds the same as my old room, and in that case the Denon wins due to easier to understand vocals.

post #12668 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 11:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I've had the blue bars with my first N9, march build with 2.01 firmware updtated (by service) to 2.05. I know at least 3 other people here in Italy that don' write on this forum who had or still have from time to time the issue. After 1 month of troubleshooting with my dealer we have confirmed that:

1- It is NOT related to hdmi cables (type, run etc.)
2 - It is NOT related to heat (sometimes happens just after a couple minutes in a fresh room)
3 - It is NOT related to source (can happen with no source, just 1 Oppo connected direct, with no hdmi attached, on both inputs)
4 - It MAY be related to firmware/software
5 - It MAY be related to a faulty component

Now i have a replacement NX9 (5 stars to Jvc service), may build that came with 2.06 and i have updated myself to 2.07. So far (only 50 hours) no issues at all, only a breathtaking image.
This thing annoy me because i'm always been a great Jvc supporter and i trust their machines, so i really hope they will come out with a definitive solution, software or hardware, because, trust me, i have never seen such an amazing image from a home videoprojector. And the 3D, for the people who still cares, is by far the best i have ever seen. Ever.
Drem, coderguy, Nexgen76 and 1 others like this.
post #12669 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post

Now i have a replacement NX9 (5 stars to Jvc service), may build that came with 2.06 and i have updated myself to 2.07. So far (only 50 hours) no issues at all, only a breathtaking image.
This thing annoy me because i'm always been a great Jvc supporter and i trust their machines, so i really hope they will come out with a definitive solution, software or hardware, because, trust me, i have never seen such an amazing image from a home videoprojector. And the 3D, for the people who still cares, is by far the best i have ever seen. Ever.
More confirmation of what we were expecting, that people have already eliminated the other issues. I mean I can only assume a good number of people with these issues have troubleshooting skills, and that the obvious stuff would be ruled out. So if I had to make a wild guess, maybe that 10% to 20% of the units are affected, but many people would not report it since it does not happen all the time.

post #12670 of 18049 Old 06-11-2019, 11:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 5232 Post(s)
Liked: 3400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
On the e-shift models there is a similar problem that was never fixed (as far as I know). The screen would get filled with random lines and disconnecting the source would not fix it. I experienced the problem on a previous unit and thought my current one (an X750/RS500) does not have it, but finally saw it last week after 1000 hours.

Fortunately on the e-shift units turning off CMD would fix it (without having to power cycle the projector), but apparently the same trick does not work on the native 4K models.
If toggling some option off and on would kick things back to working, this problem wouldn't be such a show stopper. It'd be inconvenient but not a deal breaker. But having to completely power off, get up and unplug is just silly ridiculous. Especially when it takes several minutes to cycle a lamp based projector.
rwestley likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #12671 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 12:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 5232 Post(s)
Liked: 3400
Quote:
It would be interesting to know if all those (10) who have had issues use a number of different sources?
I too believe it’s an HDMI issue when the projector is trying to sync, I wonder if this is why JVC had a very long sync on all the earlier models.
The NX series has a faster sync than the old models and could this be part of the problem, who knows…..

I only use an HTPC (one source) and all my 1500+ discs are ripped to the Nas, I have never seen these issues on my NX9 and I was one of the early adopters January 2019.
Since I only have one source there is only ever one handshake/sync at start-up, I don’t have the FBI warnings etc etc so there are no more syncs taking place once the projector is first fired up.

Food for thought…
Remember you're actually not using an HTPC as a source. You're using some sort of AVR or receiver. It doesnt matter what the actual source is. The receiver is handling that. From the projector's perspective, the source is the AVR. True the AVR generally changes as inputs change and passes EDID back and forth but it's still the AVR hooked up to the projector. I also don't think it's during syncing. People reported it mid viewing. One guy has a clip that played in repeat to reproduce it. No sync there.

I am also speculating it's HDMI due to the menu not having the bars when you bring it up when the projector is in glitch mode.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #12672 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 12:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Remember you're actually not using an HTPC as a source. You're using some sort of AVR or receiver. It doesnt matter what the actual source is. The receiver is handling that. From the projector's perspective, the source is the AVR. True the AVR generally changes as inputs change and passes EDID back and forth but it's still the AVR hooked up to the projector. I also don't think it's during syncing. People reported it mid viewing. One guy has a clip that played in repeat to reproduce it. No sync there.

I am also speculating it's HDMI due to the menu not having the bars when you bring it up when the projector is in glitch mode.
I dont have the output from my McIntosh MX160 going to the projector at all, the output from it goes to my monitor in the foyer. So in theory the way I have my HTPC is direct to the NX9, using the Vertex as a splitter.
HTPC > Vertex > NX9
........> Vertex > MX160 > foyer monitor

Murray Thompson
X Owner RapalloAV
Absolutly no connection with RapalloNZ
CinemascopE Home Cinema Build & 2014 rebuild, plus new LED ceiling install Christmas 2018

Last edited by RapalloAV; 06-12-2019 at 12:44 AM.
post #12673 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Nx5 my first 50 hours I had the red yellow bars and double ghosting issue happened about eight times. My last hundred hours have been trouble-free. My last projector was a Panasonic about 8 years ago and I am completely satisfied and very impressed. I have not upgraded from 2.04 and received my machine in late May. Just to reiterate my JVC rep is not aware of any immediate fix or even understanding of the problem and I chose not to send my unit in to be looked at. Hoping for another hundred trouble free hours. Just as a reference I am running my 25 ft cable directly from either a laptop or a Android box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190526_214552_1560328064543.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2579036  
post #12674 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 02:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 1424 Post(s)
Liked: 2233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian1 View Post
Nx5 my first 50 hours I had the red yellow bars and double ghosting issue happened about eight times.

I am completely satisfied and very impressed.

Just to reiterate my JVC rep is not aware of any immediate fix or even understanding of the problem
Yours and mine "Expectations" are VERY VERY different!!! If i had that same experience , i would be far from "Satisfied" and "Impressed"
post #12675 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 02:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Nx5 my first 50 hours I had the red yellow bars and double ghosting issue happened about eight times. My last hundred hours have been trouble-free. My last projector was a Panasonic about 8 years ago and I am completely satisfied and very impressed. I have not upgraded from 2.04 and received my machine in late May. Just to reiterate my JVC rep is not aware of any immediate fix or even understanding of the problem and I chose not to send my unit in to be looked at. Hoping for another hundred trouble free hours. Just as a reference I am running my 25 ft cable directly from either a laptop or a Android box.
The issue i see in your attached screenshot is CONFIRMED as a software bug and has been resolved since firmware 2.05. I've had the same issue and that release completely resolved. I suggest you to update to 2.07 and to do a full reset from service menu, this way is 100% guaranteed that you'll never see it again.
post #12676 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 02:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post
You are one of the few who are actually asking questions and not just adding it all together and freaking out.

I certainly feel like JVC didn't put their best foot forward on this launch, but like everything else in this world it's getting blown way out of proportion with almost no evidence to back up the reaction. A few enthusiasts are having early issues that are actively being worked on by JVC. Why don't we rely on their history of taking care of customers rather than assume the company will just turn a blind eye and fix it in the next generation. That sounds like a different projector company, lol.
Perhaps if you had your projector on preorder for 10-11 months or have it replaced 2-3 times (yes there are a few members that had this experience) you would think otherwise.
post #12677 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 03:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
trust me, i have never seen such an amazing image from a home video projector.
I agree. Although I have only around 100 hours on my RS3000 I did an auto calibration yesterday using an i1Pro. Watching Deadliest Catch last night, upscaled by a HDFury DIVA, the reds and oranges especially were unbelievably real looking. As was the color of the Bering Sea (not that I have been there to verify). Getting to this point has not been problem free since I had the blue line issue until I installed the beta 2.06 and now the 2.07. This is my first JVC; previous projector was a Panasonic AE8000u which I thought until now had a great image. But I am at the point of really enjoying the JVC and not wondering when something will go wrong.
post #12678 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 04:11 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
SO if you have a room full of 8 people watching a movie and half way through it gets blue bars you're fine with it? If that happened here I'd be super embarrassed of my equipment.

That's my worry too.
I know it's a first world problem but it's a"first world projector"
We are going to have friends over on regular basis for movie nights and I will never hear the end of it, if god forbids there is a technical glitch.
"She who cannot be named" is the CFO and will give me a hard time.
post #12679 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 04:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamii123 View Post
That's my worry too.
I know it's a first world problem but it's a"first world projector"
We are going to have friends over on regular basis for movie nights and I will never hear the end of it, if god forbids there is a technical glitch.
"She who cannot be named" is the CFO and will give me a hard time.
Totally agree, In the past I have had glitches with bad DVD's and other issues and I never did hear the end of it. We have a right to expect that it will work as advertised. I know I could not deal with the thought that something like this could happen at any time. JVC must get to the bottom of this and the other reported issues. I am guessing that it is some kind of HDMI issue that is locking everything up. HDMI has been a problem since day one and has never worked well with many products. I have owned JVC projectors in the past and have had Had sync issues along with freezing. I have also played around with Sony and Benq projectors and they seem to have fewer HDMI issues. It might be time for JVC to redesign there HDMI board.
post #12680 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 04:30 AM

Quote:
It would be interesting to know if all those (10) who have had issues use a number of different sources?
I too believe it’s an HDMI issue when the projector is trying to sync, I wonder if this is why JVC had a very long sync on all the earlier models.
The NX series has a faster sync than the old models and could this be part of the problem, who knows…..

I only use an HTPC (one source) and all my 1500+ discs are ripped to the Nas, I have never seen these issues on my NX9 and I was one of the early adopters January 2019.
Since I only have one source there is only ever one handshake/sync at start-up, I don’t have the FBI warnings etc etc so there are no more syncs taking place once the projector is first fired up.

Food for thought…

Has anyone reported this issue to occur from a Panasonic Blu-ray or Apple TV ?

Each time it happened to me, the NVIDIA shield was the source. It's never happened with the Xbox one X, Telstra TV ( 4k Roku) or the Panasonic 820

It could be just a coincidence as it's my most used source ( higher probability) but from what I recall the source has been HTPCs or a shield.
I wonder if the HTPCs have NVIDIA GPUs.

Last edited by chamii123; 06-12-2019 at 05:17 AM.
post #12681 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 05:09 AM

Contacted JVC today and was advised to connect the NVIDIA shield directly to the NX7 and bypass my AVR ( Marantz SR6013) and to send it to a local authorized repairer to diagnose it it reoccurs.

I updated my FW from 2.04 to 2.07 today.

As a first time owner of a projector which has the blue/green vertical bar issue, I am optimistic that JVC will solve the issue ( either FW or worse case replacement )
I have 135 hours clocked and have decided to go ahead with calibration on Friday as I am very happy with the picture.
It's outstanding. Maybe its because its my first projector but I am really enjoying it.
A power cycle is embarrassing but not the end of the world provided it's a rare occurrence with no long term damage to the device.
Its a really silly thing to say but no matter how much I enjoy the projector it still bothers me.

Am I upset with issue? YES!

Am I happy with the projector ? YES!
Is this issue currently a deal breaker for me? Surprisingly, I have to say No

While it's value for money from a picture per $ perspective you still cannot avoid the fact that it's still expensive from an absolute $ value.
After-all, it is residing in the " Digital Hi-End Projector" section and thus a certain standard of reliability and after sales support is expected.
Jive Turkey likes this.

Last edited by chamii123; 06-12-2019 at 05:16 AM.
post #12682 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 05:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 407
If those of us who have never experienced colored bars are chiming in.... my NX7 (installed late January and running v.2.01) sends the video signal (as high as [email protected] 4:4:4) via a certified premium HDMI 15' cable through a Yamaha AVR (initially RX-A3050, now RX-A3080). My source devices include UB820, Oppo 103D, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, TiVo (HD) and assorted USB drives (for Masciola patterns or UHD videos) through either the Roku or UB820. I, too, wonder if this is a device related phenomenon (for example: Nvidia or renderer) which is why I recently asked which owners of HTPCs were either glitch free or experiencing this issue. I've read of several owners with the Shield who have the problem.
coderguy likes this.

JVC NX7, Yamaha RX-A3080 (2 discrete 7.2.4 speaker layouts: Dolby Atmos & DTS:X), Panasonic UB820, Panasonic UB420, Oppo 103D, ATV4K, Roku Ultra, TiVo Bolt Vox, Vandersteen Model 3 Signatures & VCC-1 Signature, Atlantic Technology (side, rear, front height & overhead) surrounds, SVS SB-2000 (2), Clark Synthesis Tactile Bass Transducers (2), Polk PSW-12
post #12683 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 05:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
I've had the blue bars with my first N9, march build with 2.01 firmware updtated (by service) to 2.05. I know at least 3 other people here in Italy that don' write on this forum who had or still have from time to time the issue. After 1 month of troubleshooting with my dealer we have confirmed that:

1- It is NOT related to hdmi cables (type, run etc.)
2 - It is NOT related to heat (sometimes happens just after a couple minutes in a fresh room)
3 - It is NOT related to source (can happen with no source, just 1 Oppo connected direct, with no hdmi attached, on both inputs)

My experience is EXACTLY the same as yours and I can say that 4 and 5 are BOTH true. 4 is true because I did not have the problem on my original projector with 1.17 firmware but did have it with 1.20 through 2.07. 5 is true because my replacement projector does NOT have it on 2.06 or 2.07.

I do have a 6 sec test clip which will cause the problem (not every time, but quite often). (Send me a PM with your email address.)
coderguy likes this.
post #12684 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamii123 View Post
Contacted JVC today and was advised to connect the NVIDIA shield directly to the NX7 and bypass my AVR ( Marantz SR6013) and to send it to a local authorized repairer to diagnose it it reoccurs.

I updated my FW from 2.04 to 2.07 today.
Do a Full reset from SERVICE MENU: 2.04 to 2.07 is a big step and a full reset is required to get rid of your issue (that is not the "blue bars" one but an already resolved firmware bug). Obviously, do it before calibration because you will lose all your settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
My experience is EXACTLY the same as yours and I can say that 4 and 5 are BOTH true. 4 is true because I did not have the problem on my original projector with 1.17 firmware but did have it with 1.20 through 2.07. 5 is true because my replacement projector does NOT have it on 2.06 or 2.07.

I do have a 6 sec test clip which will cause the problem (not every time, but quite often). (Send me a PM with your email address.)
PM sent but i'm a bit worried to try your clip on my new and (until now - fingers corssed -) trouble free NX9
post #12685 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Do a Full reset from SERVICE MENU: 2.04 to 2.07 is a big step and a full reset is required to get rid of your issue (that is not the "blue bars" one but an already resolved firmware bug). Obviously, do it before calibration because you will lose all your settings.
Note that JVC does NOT call for the full reset on 2.07. Note also that 2.07 does NOT fix the problem on some projectors.

Quote:
PM sent but i'm a bit worried to try your clip on my new and (until now - fingers corssed -) trouble free NX9
You might as well know now as later but, based on my experience, you'll be happy.
post #12686 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
. I've already somewhat worn out my welcome with most dealers in my area, as I go to places and don't buy anything. I know one small dealer that has it and that doesn't mind showing me, but he doesn't have much time and I don't want to waste his time.

You've hit on something I have felt for some time. I miss some of the old showrooms. I have spent 100k plus over the years but now still feel like I'm bothering them when I stop in to look around. Now days dealers want to help you wire a whole house not one single upgrade. I'm friends with most but there busy with commercial installs etc. I've done all that when I built my house so my upgrades are more glacial in nature now. Most of the showrooms left now really aren't for the enthusiasts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
coderguy likes this.

Dedicated Theater -Projector -Sony 385es-Screen-Stewart Firehawk 110" 1.78-Video-Panasonic UB-900, Direct Tv-Preamp-Anthem AVM-60-Amplifiers-MM8077, Proceed Amp 5-Sub-SVS-PB13 Ultra Speakers-B&W 803D, HTM1, Side and Rear Wall B&W (4), Ceiling B&W (4)
Xbox One -Panamax M5300-PM-Control 4 Ea-5,Pakedge Router
post #12687 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 06:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
Note that JVC does NOT call for the full reset on 2.07. Note also that 2.07 does NOT fix the problem on some projectors.
Yes i know, but for the issue that the user is experiencing, 2.05 fixed 100% the problem and for that issue a full reset is required if you came from a 2.04 or lower. The user is having an issue i've had too in my first days of owner: a sort of "washed" bars and osd flickering, nothing to do with the "blue bars". 2.05 and a full reset as advised from Jvc service fixed 100%.

I'll report on the test clip later (fingers crossed).
post #12688 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 07:21 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6680 Post(s)
Liked: 6676
Quote:
Maybe, but IME most projector manufacturers will sweep these types of issues under the rug, that is why it is more of an individual thing.
Well like the blue bar issues about 4 people have, thats a problem and sooner or later would be resolved by the manufacturer with a swap down the road if need be. You are right though smaller glitches could get lost in the cracks.....

Quote:
That is one of the nice things about having a 3 year warranty if you are unsure you have a problem you have time to check it out.
post #12689 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 07:40 AM

And if you have a problem, it does not cost you money to exchange the unit, with advanced exchange. You do still have to go through the trouble of sending it in and the unmounting and mounting of the replacement.
post #12690 of 18049 Old 06-12-2019, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes i know, but for the issue that the user is experiencing, 2.05 fixed 100% the problem and for that issue a full reset is required if you came from a 2.04 or lower. The user is having an issue i've had too in my first days of owner: a sort of "washed" bars and osd flickering, nothing to do with the "blue bars". 2.05 and a full reset as advised from Jvc service fixed 100%.
I understand now and some or all of what you describe is probably a different problem. Certainly I've never seen the OSD flickering. For me, it is always superimposed on everything and completely obscures everything else that would be "underneath".

The "washed bars" might or might not describe something I've seen. In my case I have solid, continuous groups of 3 vertical lines from top to bottom superimposed on the video material OR the same thing but highly fragmented and changing with the video material. The key point is that there are always groups of 3 lines either continuous or fragmented. I would not expect the test clip to have any effect, one way or the other, on anything other than this.

However, your list fits in exactly with what I've determined to be the case for the vertical lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page