Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 424 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 16829Likes

post #12691 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
And if you have a problem, it does not cost you money to exchange the unit, with advanced exchange. You do still have to go through the trouble of sending it in and the unmounting and mounting of the replacement.
Exactly, and from my recent experience I can say that JVC USA makes it as painless as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12692 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
The "washed bars" might or might not describe something I've seen. In my case I have solid, continuous groups of 3 vertical lines from top to bottom superimposed on the video material OR the same thing but highly fragmented and changing with the video material. The key point is that there are always groups of 3 lines either continuous or fragmented. I would not expect the test clip to have any effect, one way or the other, on anything other than this.
THIS issue is covered by the 2.05 or later but it needs a full reset from service menu to be 100% effective. Just to be clear: find attached 2 pictures, one with the Blue Bars (not your issue) the other with OSD flicker. I have somewhere another just like the one you posted but can't find it now. I can assure you that a firmware update to 2.05 or higher FOLLOWED by a full reset from service will take care of the other issues (osd flicker and your issue). It seems that 2.07 will take care of "blue bars" too but is not 100% confirmed as today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flicker.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	2579134   Click image for larger version

Name:	difetto1.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	589.8 KB
ID:	2579136  
post #12693 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post
THIS issue is covered by the 2.05 or later but it needs a full reset from service menu to be 100% effective. Just to be clear: find attached 2 pictures, one with the Blue Bars (not your issue) the other with OSD flicker. I have somewhere another just like the one you posted but can't find it now. I can assure you that a firmware update to 2.05 or higher FOLLOWED by a full reset from service will take care of the other issues (osd flicker and your issue). It seems that 2.07 will take care of "blue bars" too but is not 100% confirmed as today.
I think that you're confusing my response (the one you quoted) as one from the other user.

It's hard to see the "flicker" in your first photo but it looks like it's jumping a small amount from side to side. That would definitely be something that I have not seen.

The second photo (Blue Bars) is one manifestation of what I have seen. There appears to be some confusion, because you say that the second photo is not my issue, whereas it is EXACTLY the issue that I have described in detail.

I can guarantee you that, as I have said, NOTHING that you mentioned would fix MY issues on MY original projector. I tested that extensively before I asked for an "advanced exchange" and, with that information, JVC agreed that replacement was necessary.

I do not (and did not) say that 2.07 would not fix the issue at all, but merely that there was at least one projector on which it definitely did not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12694 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
I think that you're confusing my response (the one you quoted) as one from the other user.

Sorry you're right i have made confusion with another user ....
post #12695 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 703 Post(s)
Liked: 1229
Quote:
Originally Posted by loggeo View Post
Perhaps if you had your projector on preorder for 10-11 months or have it replaced 2-3 times (yes there are a few members that had this experience) you would think otherwise.
Only 9 months have passed since it was first available to pre-order, and while I started thinking it had been 7 or 8 months waiting for mine when it was only 6, it is this kind of exaggeration that I am trying to put in perspective. Although it takes reading hundreds of posts to see it, we only know of 10 cases of this issue in any form, out of what could easily be thousands of owners, and at least hundreds. So at worst, we are talking under 10%, more likely around 2-3%.

You are right, if I had been one of the unlucky few, I would be unhappy, probably posting my displeasure here and anywhere someone would listen. I would want to be the squeaky wheel that gets the grease, particularly if I felt like nobody was doing anything to resolve the issue for me.

But the truth is, I am more like the majority of owners. I waited around 6 months to get my projector and have been incredibly happy with the performance and quality. It isn't perfect, but I understand and accept that. I haven't experienced the issues that a few have, and I am not actively looking for flaws so I have something to complain about. If my projector is faulty, it has not affected me at all, and based on the history of JVC, it will likely be fixed in a firmware issue before I ever have a problem.

Another big truth is that JVC has release 3 firmware revisions since becoming aware of this issue, all three targeting this issue in particular, and most who have reported the issue have not seen it since loading the last revision. It IS being addressed, and in some cases, replacement product has been sent out. If anything, I am reassured that if I ever get the issue, it will get taken care of.
post #12696 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
SURVEY!

I haven’t posted here since 2014 but I visit daily as the owner of an NX7 on v. 2.01 firmware, a Panasonic 9000 and a Marantz AV 8805. Other than tweaking the convergence, I have not had a single issue since the March installation. (For context, this is my eighth projector (the 5th JVC) since my first Runco CRT in 1998 (OMG I’m old). This NX7 is unquestionably the best!

I’m sure there are "passive visitors" like me who have spent hours reading forum pages describing recent issues and debating not only their cause(s) but their prevalence in the latest models. Pardon my commitment to the value of actual data as a university researcher but I took a little time to make what was suggested a while ago - an anonymous survey/poll.

Access it here

and let’s see what we get! Thank you.

Short LINK to share:
bit (dot) ly/HTprojector
I'm not sure why the post won't allow the bit (dot )ly link ..so here's the "raw" url
https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_3U8PyaUZ3Ig7uwl

Last edited by ryaros; 06-12-2019 at 10:50 AM.
post #12697 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 09:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamii123 View Post
Contacted JVC today and was advised to connect the NVIDIA shield directly to the NX7 and bypass my AVR ( Marantz SR6013) and to send it to a local authorized repairer to diagnose it it reoccurs.
It would have been interesting to see if removing things from the HDMI chain do in fact remove the issue, but since you updated your firmware, you introduced a second factor that could prevent ever knowing if it is the cause.

While others have said definitively that it is not an HDMI issue or an issue with any source, their basis for this conclusion is that they replaced the source or the cable and it didn't fix it. Sometimes it is not just one thing, and sometimes you replace a part with a faulty or incompatible part.

Case in point: I've had the Shield cause my LCD TV to glitch so bad it needed a full power cycle to fix, not terribly unlike the JVC blue line issue. The Shield was mounted vertically on a wall under the TV behind a sound bar, and would frequently glitch out, most likely due to overheating. Sometimes when it glitched, it messed up the TV too and required me to unplug the TV, wait a minute, and plug it back in, and then wait for the TV to turn back on, which often took over 5 minutes. This happened maybe 5 or 6 times in a little over a year. That Shield was replaced with a FireTV box about a year ago, and the TV has not had the same issue that required a full power cycle since then. Yet that same exact Shield has been my source for the theater, but sitting on a shelf on the rack, and it has only needed to be rebooted twice, as opposed to about twice a week, and neither glitch caused a problem with the projector.

One could say that based on this, it is possible for a product that works perfectly in one configuration to cause a VERY similar glitch to the JVC blue line issue in a slightly different configuration. And if one source can cause a display to glitch out so bad that it requires a power cycle, that might suggest that with HDMI, ANY source could cause ANY display to glitch out so bad that it requires a complete reboot.

tl:dr - nobody here has the tools or understanding to be able to draw any conclusions. You can speculate all you want, and in the end JVC will either fix the problem with firmware revisions or replace all the bad hardware under warranty.
rcsauvag likes this.
post #12698 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked: 381
I am so tempted to update the firmware, currently 2.01. But have no issues whatsoever with the image, and worry that 2.07 may break things. I am thinking unless a FW fixes Yellow DI, I will just remain on 2.01

Thoughts?
Jacob92175 likes this.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 803D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 705S2 | Backs: B&W DM601S3 | Heights: Definitive Techonlogy ProCinema 1000 | Receiver & Amps: Anthem MRX 720 + Emotiva BasX-5 | Projector: JVC NX7 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #12699 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2091 Post(s)
Liked: 1398
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
I am so tempted to update the firmware, currently 2.01. But have no issues whatsoever with the image, and worry that 2.07 may break things. I am thinking unless a FW fixes Yellow DI, I will just remain on 2.01

Thoughts?
That is my plan exactly. I have no glitches, gorgeous picture and I rarely notice the DI issue. When the DI is addressed, I'll start considering upgrading.

post #12700 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkersten View Post
Only 9 months have passed since it was first available to pre-order, and while I started thinking it had been 7 or 8 months waiting for mine when it was only 6, it is this kind of exaggeration that I am trying to put in perspective. Although it takes reading hundreds of posts to see it, we only know of 10 cases of this issue in any form, out of what could easily be thousands of owners, and at least hundreds. So at worst, we are talking under 10%, more likely around 2-3%.

You are right, if I had been one of the unlucky few, I would be unhappy, probably posting my displeasure here and anywhere someone would listen. I would want to be the squeaky wheel that gets the grease, particularly if I felt like nobody was doing anything to resolve the issue for me.

But the truth is, I am more like the majority of owners. I waited around 6 months to get my projector and have been incredibly happy with the performance and quality. It isn't perfect, but I understand and accept that. I haven't experienced the issues that a few have, and I am not actively looking for flaws so I have something to complain about. If my projector is faulty, it has not affected me at all, and based on the history of JVC, it will likely be fixed in a firmware issue before I ever have a problem.

Another big truth is that JVC has release 3 firmware revisions since becoming aware of this issue, all three targeting this issue in particular, and most who have reported the issue have not seen it since loading the last revision. It IS being addressed, and in some cases, replacement product has been sent out. If anything, I am reassured that if I ever get the issue, it will get taken care of.
Trust me it is not an exaggeration.
FYI, I have preordered since September the 15th (rs3000). Today I talked to JVC Germany. Best case scenario is I receive end of the month, but they probably believe it is going to be 1-2 more months if production goes as planed.
Now does it seem to you production goes as planed?
post #12701 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 12:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loggeo View Post
Trust me it is not an exaggeration.
FYI, I have preordered since September the 15th (rs3000). Today I talked to JVC Germany. Best case scenario is I receive end of the month, but they probably believe it is going to be 1-2 more months if production goes as planed.
Now does it seem to you production goes as planed?
I never said production went as planned. We all had to wait way longer than we should have.

Sept 15th was 3 days short of 9 months ago. Your English seems perfectly good, but perhaps there is a miscommunication here. You said there were people here on the forums who waited 10-11 months to get their projector, yet that is not possible and I see it as an exaggeration. You MAY end up waiting 11 months, but so far you have waited just under 9 months.

You don't have your projector yet, and you have every right to be furious about that. A handful of people here have had frustrating issues and they have every right to be furious about those. A handful of people had shipping damage, and there is nothing wrong with those people being upset, especially after waiting months to get their projector. But it is an exaggeration to say people have had to wait 10-11 months, because nobody has waited that long yet. It is an exaggeration to say that the projector is plagued with issues that everyone has but only a few have seen because there is no evidence to suggest the issues are in every projector. It is an exaggeration to say that JVC's quality control has gone downhill, or that they are no longer going to be a leader in high contrast LCD projectors.

You will eventually get your projector, and when you do, chances are you will have no issues like the rest of us, and be amazed at the quality of the image it projects. And if you are unlucky enough to have problems, they will get resolved sooner or later.
post #12702 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post

Thoughts?

I personally chose not to update from 2.04 to 2.07. If I start to have issues I’ll report to my dealer or JVC to see if they recommend the update. I do have it downloaded on a USB drive just in case though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12703 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Yep sooner or later there is supposed to maybe be one more batch of 540U's hitting the USA, we will see what happens.....

At this time, and having had Chad do his thing, I'm feeling so good about the 540 I bought from you a while back.

If there's another batch, I recommend folks consider it seriously.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
post #12704 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Contacted JVC today and was advised to connect the NVIDIA shield directly to the NX7 and bypass my AVR ( Marantz SR6013) and to send it to a local authorized repairer to diagnose it it reoccurs.

I updated my FW from 2.04 to 2.07 today.

As a first time owner of a projector which has the blue/green vertical bar issue, I am optimistic that JVC will solve the issue ( either FW or worse case replacement )
I have 135 hours clocked and have decided to go ahead with calibration on Friday as I am very happy with the picture.
It's outstanding. Maybe its because its my first projector but I am really enjoying it.
A power cycle is embarrassing but not the end of the world provided it's a rare occurrence with no long term damage to the device.
Its a really silly thing to say but no matter how much I enjoy the projector it still bothers me.

Am I upset with issue? YES!

Am I happy with the projector ? YES!
Is this issue currently a deal breaker for me? Surprisingly, I have to say No

While it's value for money from a picture per $ perspective you still cannot avoid the fact that it's still expensive from an absolute $ value.
After-all, it is residing in the " Digital Hi-End Projector" section and thus a certain standard of reliability and after sales support is expected.

See this is my issues with vertical lines also i use my Nvidia shield with Plex and get those lines. Didn't matter if i was watching SDR or 4K HDR material. I've also had vertical lines using my Panny UB820 going direct into the projector watching 4K.

JVC NX5 Panasonic UB820 PC Madvr
Sliver Ticket 120' Cinema white screen
Aggressive 1299 L/C/R/, Volt 10XL x 2 surround, MKII Atmos Modules x 4(Jav's build)
Pioneer Elite SC-LX801 Acurus A125x5
Ported Primate SI 18" HST subs x 2(DIY) V.B.S.S.x 4(MBM)
post #12705 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
The replacement units did not come with the same firmware.
My replacement RS1000 reports the same firmware as my original did, 2.04.
post #12706 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Just received and mounted my RS2000, it came pre-loaded with FW 2.06. Those pixels sure are smaller then the ones from my old Epson 5040UB! You can barely make them out when right up close to the screen.

Now, if only my receiver (X4200) didn't just give out and I could actually use it .
post #12707 of 18175 Old 06-12-2019, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Has anyone reported this issue to occur from a Panasonic Blu-ray or Apple TV ?

Each time it happened to me, the NVIDIA shield was the source. It's never happened with the Xbox one X, Telstra TV ( 4k Roku) or the Panasonic 820

It could be just a coincidence as it's my most used source ( higher probability) but from what I recall the source has been HTPCs or a shield.
I wonder if the HTPCs have NVIDIA GPUs.
This is a good point. Fortunately I've never experienced issues like this with my N7. I only use a Denon, Panasonic UHD and ATV4 as a source. I think I've watched about 100-110 hours.
Dandlj likes this.
post #12708 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 03:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaros View Post
SURVEY!

I haven’t posted here since 2014 but I visit daily as the owner of an NX7 on v. 2.01 firmware, a Panasonic 9000 and a Marantz AV 8805. Other than tweaking the convergence, I have not had a single issue since the March installation. (For context, this is my eighth projector (the 5th JVC) since my first Runco CRT in 1998 (OMG I’m old). This NX7 is unquestionably the best!

I’m sure there are "passive visitors" like me who have spent hours reading forum pages describing recent issues and debating not only their cause(s) but their prevalence in the latest models. Pardon my commitment to the value of actual data as a university researcher but I took a little time to make what was suggested a while ago - an anonymous survey/poll.

Access it here

and let’s see what we get! Thank you.

Short LINK to share:
bit (dot) ly/HTprojector
I'm not sure why the post won't allow the bit (dot )ly link ..so here's the "raw" url
https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_3U8PyaUZ3Ig7uwl
Thanks for doing this. Will be curious to read the final report. You will share the result?
post #12709 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Quoted: 12562 Post(s)
Liked: 10174
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjones View Post
My replacement RS1000 reports the same firmware as my original did, 2.04.
Was yours replaced for the blue line issue or something else?
post #12710 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 06:00 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Hi, the first thing I did when I receive the N7 was to update the firmware. I installed 2.07 and have no issue. Why everybody is so scared to make an update? I don't think a company would release a harmful update. Am I wrong?

Last edited by Homer J Simpson; 06-13-2019 at 06:43 AM.
post #12711 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Quoted: 5250 Post(s)
Liked: 3418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Well like the blue bar issues about 4 people have,
I'm sure it was an accident, but you mean more than 10, not 4 (we already corrected you last time you said 4).

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #12712 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 06:26 AM

Mentioned: 243 Post(s)
Quoted: 12562 Post(s)
Liked: 10174
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I'm sure it was an accident, but you mean more than 10, not 4 (we already corrected you last time you said 4).
We may be down to four, now that 2.07 is out. Still too many have had this issue and I will be glad when JVC completely solves this problem.
jbn008 likes this.
post #12713 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 07:10 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6689 Post(s)
Liked: 6685
Quote:
You do still have to go through the trouble of sending it in and the unmounting and mounting of the replacement.
Unless you built a box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
At this time, and having had Chad do his thing, I'm feeling so good about the 540 I bought from you a while back.
If there's another batch, I recommend folks consider it seriously.
Its almost like a Oppo Blu Ray player...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Sorry about that, I did stop over in the main thread about it, the thread starter had counted about 4 as well at the beginning... 4 or 10, either way it is something that has to be addressed whether thru a firmware update or advanced swap out. As many have noted that would be no fun for sure......
post #12714 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 08:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer J Simpson View Post
Hi, the first thing I did when I receive the N7 was to update the firmware. I installed 2.07 and have no issue. Why everybody is so scared to make an update? I don't think a company would release a harmful update. Am I wrong?
I don't know. Why don't you ask Microsoft?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/6/1...-update-paused

Most companies I know only recommend updating firmware when you are having a specific problem the update fixes.
Mike Garrett likes this.

Last edited by SirMaster; 06-13-2019 at 08:31 AM.
post #12715 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMaster View Post
I don't know. Why don't you ask Microsoft?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/6/1...-update-paused

Most companies I know only recommend updating firmware when you are having a specific problem the update fixes.
Well, working for IBM I can tell you that if you have a hardware problem with something of the first thing we request is that you update to the latest firmware for the device. The reality is that firmware, like software (which it really is), is getting updated often to correct problems that you simply may not have experienced yet.
Karl Maga likes this.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #12716 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwillcox View Post
Well, working for IBM I can tell you that if you have a hardware problem with something of the first thing we request is that you update to the latest firmware for the device. The reality is that firmware, like software (which it really is), is getting updated often to correct problems that you simply may not have experienced yet.
Exactly... IF you have a problem, you update.

I have not had any problem with 2.01, therefore I do not update. And especially not when a firmware version is relatively new.

I HAVE had problems updating to the latest whatever in the past as soon as it was released.

I have NOT had problems when I hold off on updates to things.

This has been my life experience and if asked, this is my suggestion.

The only exceptions would be if the update fixes something that if it happens it damages the unit or prevents it from being updated after. Then preemptive update makes sense. Otherwise it's just adding additional risk to update when everything is already working perfectly smoothly.

Last edited by SirMaster; 06-13-2019 at 09:19 AM.
post #12717 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 932 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Quote:

I have not had any problem with 2.01, therefore I do not update. And especially not when a firmware version is relatively new.

I HAVE had problems updating to the latest whatever in the past as soon as it was released.

The only exceptions would be if the update fixes something that if it happens it damages the unit or prevents it from being updated after. Then preemptive update makes sense. Otherwise it's just adding additional risk to update when everything is already working perfectly smoothly.
I don't always update, but usually do within a week or two of its release and after not hearing horror stories about it. I must say that the only firmware update that I've done recently that came out pretty bad was with my Sony HAP-Z1ESes. Since I hardly ever use them any longer, it hasn't had any real impact on me yet and I'm hoping they have the problems resolved before I care again.

1) JVC DLA-NX7 & Sony 65Z9D, Yamaha CX-A5200, Outlaw Audio 7900 & 7700, UDP-203, DP-UB9000, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
2) Sony 75Z9D, Yamaha RX-A3080, 2xOutlaw Audio 2200s, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
3) Sony 75X940E, Yamaha RX-A2080, UDP-203, UBP-X800M2, Roku Ultra
post #12718 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Speaking of best configuration what do you suggest for optimal hdr viewing: HDR or BT2020 as colour space? And why
post #12719 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus2k View Post
Speaking of best configuration what do you suggest for optimal hdr viewing: HDR or BT2020 as colour space? And why
HDR.

HDR is BT2020 color space, it's just lower coverage.

But it is brighter and more brightness is better for HDR!

IMO the coverage difference doesn't seem to make as much of a visual impact as the increased brightness will.

But as always, judge for yourself on your own screen
Jacob92175 and Th601 like this.
post #12720 of 18175 Old 06-13-2019, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:

Not true in the IT world. You always update to the latest just to protect yourself from security vulnerabilities. It is not just wise, but mandated by SOX and SOC1 for larger companies.
bwillcox, N8DOGG and Karl Maga like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page