(Preliminary) SURVEY RESULTS
Thank you to the 83 survey respondents but this analysis will focus on the 74 owners (48 located in the U.S.) of a newer JVC model. The bottom line is that dominant issues detailed on this forum have occurred in a minority
of all 3 NX models thus far with firmware versions 2.01 or later. Interestingly, those still on early firmware versions 1.17 or 1.19 (presumably earlier projectors) have not yet experienced issues, but this is still only a small number of the total.
• The good news is of the 74 owning newer JVC projectors, most (56 or about 76%) have not experienced any reliability
issues (yet). That leaves 18 (or 24%) who experienced unpredictable
reliability (i.e. blue and/or green bars).
• In terms of image issues (i.e. yellowing), 49 (or 66% of the total) reported no issues to date but 25 (or 34%) reported "yellowing" or other image issues.
BY JVC MODEL
• The one RS4500 owner reported no "bars" issue. Three of 15 the NX9/3000 series reported bars, eight of the 37 NX7 / 2000 owners and six of the 19 NX5 /1000 owners reported issues so unwanted bars have occurred across a minority of all newer N-series models.
• In terms of image issues such as "yellowing", two of the 15 NX9 /3000 owners report it, 15 of 37 NX7 / 2000 owners and seven of the 19 NX5/1000 projectors reported it.
• Interestingly, NO "bars" events were reported with four projectors still on firmware v. 1.19 or three projectors on v. 1.17. Curiously, two units on v. 2.06 also have had no bars. Recall that those installing 2.06 stated the bars were corrected but the colors appeared to be "washed out. V. 2.07 supposedly "restored" the color but also the bars in some units. Conclusion: The unexpected bars have been seen with ALL other firmware versions- including seven of 18 projectors on the latest v. 2.07.
If this holds, it would SUGGEST that some of the issues may be related to later firmware combined with certain site factors...not hardware, since but it's still too early to conclude that. I'd like to rerun this survey again in about 5 or 6 months and compare.
• In terms of images ("yellow), again the seven units still on earlier firmware versions 1.17 or 1.19 report no yellowing. Of the remaining now on any other later firmware from 2.01 to 2.07, 25 report yellowing but 49 have no yellowing issues.
This web page summarizes these key issues by model and by firmware versions
THE "RAW" DATA:
PDF of data from JVC owners only
PDF of all raw data