Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 493 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 15416Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #14761 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 06:09 AM
Advanced Member
 
jmonier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 911
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdude View Post
So correct RTFM used to be my motto but I am getting old .
Unfortunately, this manual is rather poorly organized. There is a roadmap on pg 44-45 which points at the various sections all over the manual that describe menu settings, but it's not obvious that it even exists.
Soccerdude likes this.
jmonier is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14762 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Soccerdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: South of NJ Turnpike
Posts: 1,257
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 368 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonier View Post
Unfortunately, this manual is rather poorly organized. There is a roadmap on pg 44-45 which points at the various sections all over the manual that describe menu settings, but it's not obvious that it even exists.
Correct I have spent a few hrs trying figure out the book or manual . Like for example what menu you go to set up to match my screen to the ones listed in the manual.

LG OLED C8 65 2018 BR . HT: JVC RS2000, S Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain screen, Apple TV4k, Def Tech 9080/C 9080/9040 Dolby Atmos Speakers, Denon X6500H , Panasonic UB820 and a nagging wife.
Soccerdude is online now  
post #14763 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
GlenC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: So. Cal - Downey, CA / Rancho Santa Margarita
Posts: 2,595
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 34
From what I heard from JVC and my own experiences with the blue lines and bars, etc., this has indications of problems between the HDMI input and the image processing. When my problems appeared, the menu still displayed.... JVC used my unit to locate the issue here and relay their findings to Japan. They determined it was software, not hardware. These new projectors are much more complex than previous versions. I'm confident all consumers will end up with stable good performing units in the near future.

It's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Spizz, Tom Bley, asharma and 1 others like this.

Glen Carter
Home Theater Calibration
CalMAN, CS1000, K10-A, Spyder5, Six-G, QD780
JVC RS3000, RS2000, RS600
GlenC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14764 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 07:18 AM
Senior Member
 
jj-34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montpellier, France
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Sorry but I dare a silly question : could it be realistic some time in the future (let's say 2 years when warranty is over) to mount a nx9 lens onto a nx7 ? OK OK OK don't shoot ........... I'm gone already

Isn't that N7 lens asm only secured to the chassis by 4 screws ......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JVC_N5_N75.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	2602088  

Last edited by jj-34; 08-12-2019 at 07:33 AM.
jj-34 is offline  
post #14765 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,209
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12306 Post(s)
Liked: 9925
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-34 View Post
Sorry but I dare a silly question : could it be realistic some time in the future (let's say 2 years when warranty is over) to mount a nx9 lens onto a nx7 ? OK OK OK don't shoot ........... I'm gone already
I doubt that you could just change the lens. Since we are talking a different size diameter and different length. Besides, where are you going to get an RS3000 lens?
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #14766 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,389
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6586 Post(s)
Liked: 6584
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAVManiac View Post

If my JVC is broken than all my gear are broken and with no resell value. If my JVC is broken than why it is my dealer no 1 seller and they confirm for all JVC he sold a very low percentage was really problematic and that percentage was lower than almost all other brand he sell.
That right there sums it up, very few issues here, but there where some, as expected.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenC View Post
From what I heard from JVC and my own experiences with the blue lines and bars, etc., this has indications of problems between the HDMI input and the image processing. When my problems appeared, the menu still displayed.... JVC used my unit to locate the issue here and relay their findings to Japan. They determined it was software, not hardware. These new projectors are much more complex than previous versions. I'm confident all consumers will end up with stable good performing units in the near future.
That's great that is just a firmware update, looked more like a hardware issue......
Cleveland Plasma is offline  
post #14767 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 07:38 AM
Senior Member
 
jj-34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montpellier, France
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Besides, where are you going to get an RS3000 lens?
That is a good question, but who knows in a 2 years time frame ....

Also see my edited post above.

And the lens asmbly looks very standalone, and I doubt the chassis withe motors are different for the nx9 :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	JVC_N5_N7_B20.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	2602096  

Last edited by jj-34; 08-12-2019 at 07:53 AM.
jj-34 is offline  
post #14768 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 07:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I know the likelihood of a new NX line being announced at CEDIA is basically zero, but do any of you think that a (very) small price reduction on the current line is in the cards?
Alex Hindman is offline  
post #14769 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,209
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12306 Post(s)
Liked: 9925
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hindman View Post
I know the likelihood of a new NX line being announced at CEDIA is basically zero, but do any of you think that a (very) small price reduction on the current line is in the cards?
Not basically zero. It is zero. Possible, but what incentive does JVC have to lower the price? The closest competitor to the NX7/RS2000 is the Sony 695 at $10,000 MSRP. Probably more incentive to raise the price, though I do not expect that to happen.
Dave Vaughn, GlenC and DavidHir like this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #14770 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 6,817
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4776 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
Not basically zero. It is zero. Possible, but what incentive does JVC have to lower the price? The closest competitor to the NX7/RS2000 is the Sony 695 at $10,000 MSRP. Probably more incentive to raise the price, though I do not expect that to happen.
Are they abandoning the lower end? The cheapest DILA projector is now priced at $6000 USD MSRP, compared with the SXRD at $5000 for 4K, and $2000 for 1080p.

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 08-12-2019 at 08:24 AM.
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #14771 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DMILANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Are they abandoning the lower end? The cheapest DILA projector is now priced at $6000 USD MSRP, compared with the SXRD at $5000 for 4K, and $2000 for 1080p.
I was thinking the same thing. I was able to pick up a floor model DLA-X590R at Magnolia for a steal, and I'm loving it. But no way I'd be able to afford one of the newer units.
DMILANI is offline  
post #14772 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Senior Member
 
avsBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I wouldn't rule out JVC update this year. Maybe minor one or a small price drop. With larger and larger TVs coming out, projector manufacturers have a lot of incentives to keep buying momentum up. At very least, another free lamp deal for RS and NX units.
avsBuddy is offline  
post #14773 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,209
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12306 Post(s)
Liked: 9925
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Are they abandoning the lower end? The cheapest DILA projector is now priced at $6000 USD MSRP, compared with the SXRD at $5000 for 4K, and $2000 for 1080p.
The LX-UH1 and what ever replaces it is the entry level JVC. Yes the RS1000 is 6k MSRP and the 295 is 5K MSRP, but two completely different animals. The higher priced unit has lens memory, better lens, better native contrast, dynamic iris, manual iris, auto tone mapping and and more. All for only 1k more.
Maddog56 likes this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #14774 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,209
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12306 Post(s)
Liked: 9925
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsBuddy View Post
I wouldn't rule out JVC update this year. Maybe minor one or a small price drop. With larger and larger TVs coming out, projector manufacturers have a lot of incentives to keep buying momentum up. At very least, another free lamp deal for RS and NX units.
I guess you missed the earlier posts, where it has been stated that JVC is carrying the RS1000, 2000, 3000 and 4500 through another year. Yes, you can rule out replacements coming. Since the cats out of the bag, I can confirm.
Nexgen76 likes this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #14775 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 6,817
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4776 Post(s)
Liked: 1786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
The LX-UH1 and what ever replaces it is the entry level JVC. Yes the RS1000 is 6k MSRP and the 295 is 5K MSRP, but two completely different animals. The higher priced unit has lens memory, better lens, better native contrast, dynamic iris, manual iris, auto tone mapping and and more. All for only 1k more.
I’m not implying the Sony 295 is comparable to the JVC RS1000.

Last year JVC had the X590R, and then even the X790R, at the $4000 price point, providing lens memory, better lens, better native contrast, dynamic iris, manual iris. Now the cheapest one is at $6000.

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 08-12-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #14776 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 10:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,209
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12306 Post(s)
Liked: 9925
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Looks to me that the few remaining 540's out there are going to be coveted projectors.
Jive Turkey likes this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #14777 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Senior Member
 
jj-34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montpellier, France
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Do you mean that I should have kept my brand new still in its box X7900 like good wine et let it get better ?
rjmcinnis likes this.
jj-34 is offline  
post #14778 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerdude View Post
Correct I have spent a few hrs trying figure out the book or manual . Like for example what menu you go to set up to match my screen to the ones listed in the manual.
See page 25 of the manual. Under Installation section you will find "Screen Adjust".
Soccerdude likes this.
neb04 is offline  
post #14779 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,209
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12306 Post(s)
Liked: 9925
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-34 View Post
Do you mean that I should have kept my brand new still in its box X7900 like good wine et let it get better ?
It will never appreciate in value, but they should hold their value better than many of the other options.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #14780 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16,145
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6863 Post(s)
Liked: 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-34 View Post
Do you mean that I should have kept my brand new still in its box X7900 like good wine et let it get better ?
Only if the contrast and picture will get better with age.
Craig Peer is online now  
post #14781 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 01:44 PM
Senior Member
 
jj-34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montpellier, France
Posts: 270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
It will never appreciate in value, but they should hold their value better than many of the other options.
Was only a joke it's gone and replaced by a N7B that I got for a very "friendly" price (as said before, a friend and I exchanged our projectors)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Only if the contrast and picture will get better with age.
I keep a few very good bottles of wine in my cellar, but as time passes sometimes we open one always anxious to discover if it still is very good, it already happened that wasn't the case anymore

You never know how it's inside before opening it !
jj-34 is offline  
post #14782 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,235
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1815 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Test patterns

Hi folks...

Could someone please remind me what buttons to press to get the test patterns up on a Sony UHD disc or just as good the test patterns up on the pj (use to be something like up arrow, down arrow, right arrow, left arrow on the JVC )...thanks folks

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is offline  
post #14783 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 16,145
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6863 Post(s)
Liked: 8091
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-34 View Post
Was only a joke it's gone and replaced by a N7B that I got for a very "friendly" price (as said before, a friend and I exchanged our projectors)



I keep a few very good bottles of wine in my cellar, but as time passes sometimes we open one always anxious to discover if it still is very good, it already happened that wasn't the case anymore

You never know how it's inside before opening it
!
You need a cellar program that tracks drink by dates, and you should check both Cellar Tracker's tasting notes and Wine Spectator. I have 800 bottles. You have to be on top of things. Opened a 2003 Domaine Du Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Reservee last night for friends. At 16 years old it is drinking just fine. I keep them at 56 degrees and 55 - 60% humidity.

Damn - I just made myself thirsty.
Manni01 likes this.
Craig Peer is online now  
post #14784 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 03:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DLCPhoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 2,372
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1577 Post(s)
Liked: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I guess you missed the earlier posts, where it has been stated that JVC is carrying the RS1000, 2000, 3000 and 4500 through another year. Yes, you can rule out replacements coming. Since the cats out of the bag, I can confirm.
My last question on this was overlooked, not surprising given the volume in this thread:

If JVC isn't releasing or announcing new models this year, have they indicated any intention to fix one thing that actually is broken: i.e. proper Anamorphic modes for 16:9 content for use with the DCR lens.

Since I want to use a new JVC with the Panamorph DCR Lens, and I am not willing to put up with compromised 16:9 content, nor have the hassle of taking it out of the light path, I will not be buying a new model until they do.

I realize up until now they seemed preoccupied with addressing the various issues discussed at length in this thread. I would hope that now that these issues are at least mostly resolved, perhaps they'll be willing to address the Anamorphic mode issue.

Any known update on this from JVC?

JVC RS400, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
DLCPhoto is offline  
post #14785 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,209
Mentioned: 238 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12306 Post(s)
Liked: 9925
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
My last question on this was overlooked, not surprising given the volume in this thread:

If JVC isn't releasing or announcing new models this year, have they indicated any intention to fix one thing that actually is broken: i.e. proper Anamorphic modes for 16:9 content for use with the DCR lens.

Since I want to use a new JVC with the Panamorph DCR Lens, and I am not willing to put up with compromised 16:9 content, nor have the hassle of taking it out of the light path, I will not be buying a new model until they do.

I realize up until now they seemed preoccupied with addressing the various issues discussed at length in this thread. I would hope that now that these issues are at least mostly resolved, perhaps they'll be willing to address the Anamorphic mode issue.

Any known update on this from JVC?
Nothing has been indicated, but it is not a simple fix as in just add a couple more selections to the menu. But I do hope that JVC does do something with this.
DLCPhoto, raheaps and Manni01 like this.
Mike Garrett is online now  
post #14786 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
rak306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Syracuse NY
Posts: 990
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
...it has been stated that JVC is carrying the RS1000, 2000, 3000 and 4500 through another year. Yes, you can rule out replacements coming. Since the cats out of the bag, I can confirm.
This is a good thing. Imagine if JVC came out with new model numbers at Cedia, with minor new software changes, and declared the current models as working just fine as is, and no more firmware updates. These models need some more tweeking, and once that is done, they will be outstanding.

The next major upgrade is to add Laser, and that may be 2-3 years off before it’s affordable.

I do think the RS 4500 could have seen an upgrade, but that model is 2x my budget.
rak306 is offline  
post #14787 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 04:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,235
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1815 Post(s)
Liked: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
Hi folks...

Could someone please remind me what buttons to press to get the test patterns up on a Sony UHD disc or just as good the test patterns up on the pj (use to be something like up arrow, down arrow, right arrow, left arrow on the JVC )...thanks folks
Ok, 7669 for the Sony test patterns, anyone know if JVC is able to bring up 4K patterns with a sequence on the JVC remote like the RS600?

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual JL Audio D110
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820
Triple black velvet batcave
asharma is offline  
post #14788 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,020
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5044 Post(s)
Liked: 3280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
There is no new chip, per JVC.
I'm just responding to the above talk about this in this thread. You can scroll back and find the source.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #14789 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,020
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5044 Post(s)
Liked: 3280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Hindman View Post
I know the likelihood of a new NX line being announced at CEDIA is basically zero, but do any of you think that a (very) small price reduction on the current line is in the cards?
Why would they lower the price? They can't keep these in stock. In europe they're still very hard to find. Price decreases come when they have an over supply. That's not the case at all here.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is offline  
post #14790 of 16526 Old 08-12-2019, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 2,425
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
You need a cellar program that tracks drink by dates, and you should check both Cellar Tracker's tasting notes and Wine Spectator. I have 800 bottles. You have to be on top of things. Opened a 2003 Domaine Du Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape Cuvee Reservee last night for friends. At 16 years old it is drinking just fine. I keep them at 56 degrees and 55 - 60% humidity.

Damn - I just made myself thirsty.

I have (12) Budweisers in the fridge at 34 degrees.


Pretty lowbrow, but I just made myself thirsty.

See ya. Dave

"High Fidelity audio has been like a dog chasing his tail. High Fidelity in my marriage has been much more rewarding because she knows where I sleep."
Jive Turkey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off