Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 520 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 17792Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #15571 of 19443 Old 09-04-2019, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,735
Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12707 Post(s)
Liked: 10328
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCh View Post
So will we finally find out what the new HDR feature is in the secret firmware to be unveiled by JVC at IFA2019 tomorrow night.

IFA opens Friday in Berlin but that would be late Thursday on the West Coast US. Any chance we will hear about the new JVC firmware features then or will we have to wait for the weekend.
You will be able to find out tomorrow. Four new items total.
Drem, MovieRAV and GregCh like this.
Mike Garrett is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15572 of 19443 Old 09-04-2019, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,735
Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12707 Post(s)
Liked: 10328
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_srt View Post
I would always prefer a clean look and my basement contractor is very flexible for changes. AT will give me bigger size screen and a clean look. Any downsides of AT screen besides loosing few DB?
Lower gain if you go woven. Can get 1.17 gain using ST130 microperf, but then you need around 8" between speakers and screen and around 11' to 12' minimum viewing distance, to not see the microperf. Some woven screens like Seymour UF, DreamScreen V6 and Screen Excellence Neo can be viewed from much closer, but as I said, lower gain of around 0.75 to 0.8.

Last edited by Mike Garrett; 09-04-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #15573 of 19443 Old 09-04-2019, 09:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,170
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsider3000 View Post
I hope you are engaging the other threads regarding construction techniques. I would recommend using, at a minimum, double 5/8" sheetrock with Green Glue damping compound between layers. Being in a basement you need to pay special attention to the ceiling and the walls. If you want any tactile feel from your subwoofer you also will need a wood subfloor over your basement concrete. If not, even the most amazing subs will not be able to give you the tactile slam since the concrete will not vibrate / flex like wood. Using a double wall construction is next with double 5/8" on the inside and outside wall but not sure how many of your walls are concrete due to the basement. There is a lot to consider and we will help you out.
I get great tactile response on a concrete floor.

Now, if I was only allowed to turn the volume up, without worrying about waking the kid, enough to appreciate it.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)

Last edited by ChldsPlay; 09-06-2019 at 10:18 AM.
ChldsPlay is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #15574 of 19443 Old 09-04-2019, 10:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsider3000 View Post
I hope you are engaging the other threads regarding construction techniques. I would recommend using, at a minimum, double 5/8" sheetrock with Green Glue damping compound between layers. Being in a basement you need to pay special attention to the ceiling and the walls. If you want any tactile feel from your subwoofer you also will need a wood subfloor over your basement concrete. If not, even the most amazing subs will not be able to give you the tactile slam since the concrete will not vibrate / flex like wood. Using a double wall construction is next with double 5/8" on the inside and outside wall but not sure how many of your walls are concrete due to the basement. There is a lot to consider and we will help you out.
I don't want to hijack this thread for home theater build but after your input, I've been reading threads on baffle wall construction since evening. I just realized what I had in my mind was pretty basic setup. Thanks for taking me to the next level I'll PM you for more information.
viper_srt is offline  
post #15575 of 19443 Old 09-04-2019, 10:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,735
Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12707 Post(s)
Liked: 10328
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_srt View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread for home theater build but after your input, I've been reading threads on baffle wall construction since evening. I just realized what I had in my mind was pretty basic setup. Thanks for taking me to the next level I'll PM you for more information.
Lot of advantages to a baffle wall. I am using a baffle wall in my room.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #15576 of 19443 Old 09-04-2019, 10:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj-34 View Post
Try that one ==> Morocco HDR

or that one ==> Peru HDR

This one ==> Helium HDR
Found this one on Youtube today. Played it on my RS1000/NX5 and was amazed at the detail even though the projector max resolution is only 4K. Just shows you what is possible with High quality cameras:

Projector: Benq HT5550 and JVC RS1000/NX5 || Screen: 150" Elite Screen 16:9 || Fronts: Martin Logan Impression 11A || Center: Martin Logan 50xt || Sub: 2x Polk PSW 505 || Surrounds: Martin Logan EM IW || Atmos: 4x Martin Logan EM IC || AVR: Marantz 8012 || Consoles: Xbox One S, PS4 ||HT Enhancements: Seats from 4seating.com w/Sound Shakers and risers.
Dferguso is offline  
post #15577 of 19443 Old 09-04-2019, 10:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post

Lower gain if you go woven. Can get 1.17 gain using ST130 microperf, but then you need around 8" between speakers and screen and around 11' to 12' minimum viewing distance, to not see the microperf. Some woven screens like Seymour UF, DreamScreen V6 and Screen Excellence Neo can be viewed from much closer, but as I said, lower gain of around 0.75 to 0.8.
Mike, Room is around 21' deep with 2 rows of seating planned. With NX5, you think 0.75 gain is good enough for HDR content if I stick around 135" screen?
viper_srt is offline  
post #15578 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 02:14 AM
Senior Member
 
blake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by farsider3000 View Post
I hope you are engaging the other threads regarding construction techniques. I would recommend using, at a minimum, double 5/8" sheetrock with Green Glue damping compound between layers. Being in a basement you need to pay special attention to the ceiling and the walls. If you want any tactile feel from your subwoofer you also will need a wood subfloor over your basement concrete. If not, even the most amazing subs will not be able to give you the tactile slam since the concrete will not vibrate / flex like wood. Using a double wall construction is next with double 5/8" on the inside and outside wall but not sure how many of your walls are concrete due to the basement. There is a lot to consider and we will help you out.

Better yet - one sheet of 5/8” Quietrock ES and one sheet of 5/8 plywood (walls and ceiling) back to back. A single quietrock sheet is like 7 layers of standard drywall in terms of sound damping! Sorry , off topic !

Excited to see what JVC will introduce at IFA and Cedia. Even if it’s firmware !





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blake is offline  
post #15579 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 05:10 AM
Member
 
gil1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 27
gil1 is offline  
post #15580 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 05:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
asharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,296
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1879 Post(s)
Liked: 610

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! now we're talkin!!!!!!!!
Dandlj likes this.

Video:JVC N7 Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
125" 2.35 Stewart Cima Neve Tab Tensioned Electric
asharma is online now  
post #15581 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 05:23 AM
Senior Member
 
ckgolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Clifton Park,NY
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 148
WOW!
Frame-by-frame analysis of HDR10. Thank you JVC!! You really appreciate your customers. Can’t wait for November update.
Drem, J.P and asharma like this.
ckgolf is offline  
post #15582 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 05:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So is this dynamic tone mapping similar to what the Lumagen does?
Des511 is offline  
post #15583 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 06:17 AM
J.P
Senior Member
 
J.P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Sounds like JVC really did their homework and thinking things thru when building the new DILA-N series
I want one

Dedicated Theater :
JVC-X7000 Stewart-Studiotek100/2:35.1-133"Diagonal Marantz-8802a Oppo-205-modified Pioneer-BDP-LX88 Auralic-Aries 4x.KenKreisel-DXD.808 2x.NAD-M27 3x.Hypex-Ncore400
2x.B&W-803D B&W-HTM2D 4x.B&W-CWM7.4 4x.B&W-CCM7.4 2x.B&W-CCM682
Isotek-EVO3Acuarius 2x.Isotek-EVO3-Sirius Isotek-EVO3-Mini.Mira
J.P is offline  
post #15584 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Bley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: IL. USA
Posts: 3,424
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 920 Post(s)
Liked: 895
Yessss!!!
asharma likes this.
Tom Bley is online now  
post #15585 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 06:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,366
Mentioned: 362 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5653 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
If true, this is great news, thanks for the link.

Given that Mike said that there was four main improvements to be expected in this upcoming f/w, and that according to this news one of them is the "Frame Adapt HDR" and another one new screens to the screen adjustment feature, I hope that they will also fix the yellowing/blooming with the DI and the chroma bug in 12bits that forces YCC 422 with any 12bits content, including at 30p and below.

If that's the case, I'll be a *super* happy camper. Right now, I'm very happy with my rs2000, but I wish I could have the option to use the DI and didn't have to choose between 8bits RGB 4:4:4 or 12bits YCC 422 at 23p. If 12bits 4:4:4 at 23p works with their new "Frame Adapt HDR", I'd love to see how it compares with madVR/Envy (I'm sure Radiance Pro owners will be curious too).

In any case, I'd like to applaud JVC for breaking with tradition and for bringing new features to existing models instead of bringing in "new" models when every knows that the hardware is mostly the same and most of the improvements are f/w related, as has often been the case with the previous e-shift series. This is the way to treat users, whether new models are available or not.

Can't wait for November!

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
JVC Macro feature on Vertex/Vertex2/Integral2/Maestro

Last edited by Manni01; 09-05-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Manni01 is offline  
post #15586 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,869
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des511 View Post
So is this dynamic tone mapping similar to what the Lumagen does?
I'll await Kris Deering's feedback on these developments to see where this potentially leaves Lumagen/MAD VR Envy. Not needed?
Spizz is offline  
post #15587 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 06:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des511 View Post
So is this dynamic tone mapping similar to what the Lumagen does?
No one knows for sure, but my guess is it wont be as good. Better than what they have now though. I'm currently using a HTPC/MadVR and I love the DTM on that. But I have other sources like Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc where I can't do DTM (and can't afford a Lumagen!) so this will be great for those situations.
markmon1 likes this.
dgrizzard is offline  
post #15588 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 06:44 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,735
Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12707 Post(s)
Liked: 10328
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_srt View Post
Mike, Room is around 21' deep with 2 rows of seating planned. With NX5, you think 0.75 gain is good enough for HDR content if I stick around 135" screen?
Barely enough and that is with a new bulb. You would not have long lamp life. Even with 0.8 gain, you really need more brightness if you want decent lamp life.
dgrizzard likes this.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #15589 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 06:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
markmon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 6,399
Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5373 Post(s)
Liked: 3491
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_srt View Post
Mike, Room is around 21' deep with 2 rows of seating planned. With NX5, you think 0.75 gain is good enough for HDR content if I stick around 135" screen?
No. You will want at least a 1.0 gain.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
markmon1 is online now  
post #15590 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 07:38 AM
aka jfinnie
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Norwich, UK
Posts: 3,416
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2747 Post(s)
Liked: 1891
Awesome news.

The display is actually a much better place to do this than an external processor - as that is limited by HDMI bandwidth whereas this could be operating without the constraints of bit depth and chroma subsampling that can affect external boxes.

I see they're also talking of some 18bit areas of the pipeline (hard to get the full gist of it from the translation). Will be really interesting to see the detail.
J.P and alebonau like this.
bobof is offline  
post #15591 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,366
Mentioned: 362 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5653 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizz View Post
I'll await Kris Deering's feedback on these developments to see where this potentially leaves Lumagen/MAD VR Envy. Not needed?
Irrespective of how good this dynamic tonemapping is (and I'd be very surprised if it matched MadVR/Envy or even the Radiance Pro), that's only one of the reason to use madVR or an external processor such as the Envy/Radiance Pro: 3D LUT calibration, better upscaling (not a forte of the new JVCs), better processing, resolving of some anamorphic situations not (yet) handled by the JVCs... The list is long.

So I'd say it's a great thing to implement for better native HDR playback, but even if this "Frame Adapt HDR" worked very well, it certainly doesn't make the Envy/Radiance Pro obsolete.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
JVC Macro feature on Vertex/Vertex2/Integral2/Maestro

Last edited by Manni01; 09-05-2019 at 07:49 AM.
Manni01 is offline  
post #15592 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
KarlKlammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
I see they're also talking of some 18bit areas of the pipeline (hard to get the full gist of it from the translation).

There is already an update to the feature list on the Indian JVC website
Quote:
  • Frame Adapt HDR analyzes any HDR10 content frame-by-frame and automatically performs adjustment to achieve optimal images close to reality as seen by human eyes.
  • As a part the Frame Adapt HDR, the projector offers improved gamma processing accuracy from 12- to 18-bit equivalent to reproduce smoother and finer gradation.
http://in.jvc.com/projectors/lineup/dla_nx9be/

Projection: JVC DLA-NX9
VP/Calibration: Lumagen Radiance Pro, LightSpace CMS, x-rite i1 Pro 2, x-rite i1 Display 3
KarlKlammer is offline  
post #15593 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 07:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
Posts: 7,146
Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5026 Post(s)
Liked: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKlammer View Post
There is already an update to the feature list on the Indian JVC website
http://in.jvc.com/projectors/lineup/dla_nx9be/
They're now calling it "DLA-NX9BE"? Or has it always been like that on the Indian website?
Dominic Chan is online now  
post #15594 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
hjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Heart of Dixie
Posts: 781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
If true, this is great news, thanks for the link.



Given that Mike said that there was four main improvements to be expected in this upcoming f/w, and that according to this news one of them is the "Frame Adapt HDR" and another one new screens to the screen adjustment feature, I hope that they will also fix the yellowing/blooming with the DI and the chroma bug in 12bits that forces YCC 422 with any 12bits content, including at 30p and below.



If that's the case, I'll be a *super* happy camper. Right now, I'm very happy with my rs2000, but I wish I could have the option to use the DI and didn't have to choose between 8bits RGB 4:4:4 or 12bits YCC 422 at 23p. If 12bits 4:4:4 at 23p works with their new "Frame Adapt HDR", I'd love to see how it compares with madVR/Envy (I'm sure Radiance Pro owners will be curious too).



In any case, I'd like to applaud JVC for breaking with tradition and for bringing new features to existing models instead of bringing in "new" models when every knows that the hardware is mostly the same and most of the improvements are f/w related, as has often been the case with the previous e-shift series. This is the way to treat users, whether new models are available or not.



Can't wait for November!


With such a major upgrade and based on our experience with JVC on these projectors it seems likely that this release could be rather buggy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hjones is offline  
post #15595 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Manni01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,366
Mentioned: 362 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5653 Post(s)
Liked: 5980
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjones View Post
With such a major upgrade and based on our experience with JVC on these projectors it seems likely that this release could be rather buggy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or they might have taken the time to fix all outstanding bugs and improve it at the same time through proper testing? After all, not releasing new models has given them resources to do software development properly.

I'm an optimist.

I can't wait to see what they have cooked. If the dish is bad, I'll send it back to the kitchen, but in the meantime, I anticipate a delicious course...
Tom Bley, mikela, J.P and 5 others like this.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
JVC Macro feature on Vertex/Vertex2/Integral2/Maestro
Manni01 is offline  
post #15596 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 4,849
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1937 Post(s)
Liked: 1332
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
Awesome news.

The display is actually a much better place to do this than an external processor - as that is limited by HDMI bandwidth whereas this could be operating without the constraints of bit depth and chroma subsampling that can affect external boxes.

I see they're also talking of some 18bit areas of the pipeline (hard to get the full gist of it from the translation). Will be really interesting to see the detail.
100% rather see these things in displays..where belongs ....so display can optimise for its needs capabilities/limitations.... good to see jvc continuing to progress in this realm.

hopefully they dont forget those things that still need fixing though ....

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #15597 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,735
Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12707 Post(s)
Liked: 10328
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
New features
Frame by frame DTM HDR Can also be set up for scene by scene.
12 bit to 18 bit
Anamorphic D (DCR owners can rejoice)
SpyderX support for autocal
More support for screen selection.
Mike Garrett is offline  
post #15598 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 08:10 AM
Member
 
Charlie_L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CO
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
New features
Frame by frame DTM HDR Can also be set up for scene by scene.
12 bit to 18 bit
Anamorphic D (DCR owners can rejoice)
SpyderX support for autocal
More support for screen selection.
Just out of curiosity, are JVC firmware updates reversible generally? In other words, if you don’t like the new firmware update, can you revert to the previous one, such as 2.08? Thanks
Charlie_L is online now  
post #15599 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Buddylee123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,521
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
New features
Frame by frame DTM HDR Can also be set up for scene by scene.
12 bit to 18 bit
Anamorphic D (DCR owners can rejoice)
SpyderX support for autocal
More support for screen selection.
It's great to see JVC adding features and updating their projectors. I think this was the biggest complaint against them, coming out with new models just to add features, and they listened to their customers and changed that.
Craig Mecak and Manni01 like this.
Buddylee123 is offline  
post #15600 of 19443 Old 09-05-2019, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Mike Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 26,735
Mentioned: 254 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12707 Post(s)
Liked: 10328
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Also for those on the fence for an RS2000, MSRP is increasing $1,000, October 1st.
Mike Garrett is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off