Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 54 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12583Likes

post #1591 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4490 Post(s)
Liked: 2820
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Thank you. The problem I am trying to solve is that I would like to watch HDR in low lamp mode to minimize the fan noise. My screen currently is only 106 inch 16:9 with approx 1 gain (Elitescreen Cinegrey 5D so the gain it suspect as it is specified to be 1.5 but we know that is simply inaccurate)

So I was hoping to mount the projector as close to screen as possible and still get >30 FL in low lamp.
Is there a calculator somewhere that would let me calculate how close / far I shouldn't the projector?

The one at projector Central does not let you select lamp mode does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because of the tone mapping, I think you'll be able to watch HDR in low lamp mode no problem. You can just move the slider to the right a bit until you're happy with the result. I watch all HDR on my RS640 on my 135" screen in low lamp using madVR tone mapping.
laguna_b and Aztar35 like this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 4490 Post(s)
Liked: 2820
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisLJacob View Post
I'm not sure I agree with your statement re: making sure we have a good sample or a lemon. For the money we're paying it would seem to me that JVC shouldn't be shipping lemons - period!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
The problem is, there are not enough units out there to know if we have a lemon, or lemon's.........
I don't think there are any lemons here. Remember what ArrowAV's first words were regarding his "Lemon"? Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
JVC RS3000/NX9

IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS AND EVALUATION | UNIT # 1

UPDATE #1:

Well I have it all setup and...

First impressions are this thing looks great!

I will need to evaluate more units so as to assess interunit variance but suffice to say for now it's looking like it's a thumbs up
Craig Peer likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" screen in pure black room no light, htpc nvidia 1080ti.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, 2 sub arrays both infinite baffle: 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 4x12 fi audio running on 2nd ep4000.
post #1593 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 3832 Post(s)
Liked: 6255
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Mayer View Post
Good picture that can explain what likely cause this issue.

When you look close to the picture I modify you can see that there is a reflection to the left.

But what is more worry is the 2. reflection to the the right down.
This reflection is half down and half to the right and so far I understand how e shift work this is it.

So I almost sure that bug coming from e shift!

So far I understand this was also there when the e shift is switch off?
If this is the case WOW JVC listen and remove the e shift as soon as possible otherwise a lot of people include me will not buy the X9.
Or bring the 8k e shift to a quality level that not show so much negative things.
But better remove it as soon as possible.

As I had post already it creates only problems not any single advantage!
The more people will tell JVC that we do not like it the better it is.

But in the end only less sale will convince them.
SECONDED!

Per Johnny and Bytehoven like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 547
I hadn't thought twice about my RS2000 pre-order until now. If the contrast numbers stand I am pretty sure that they will need to do a hardware change in the next 12-18 months which really will make the initial batch of projects lose a lot of value. HOWEVER the thing I have not heard yet is how does the RS2000 compare to the VW385 for contrast etc. Since the RS2000 is going to sell 10+ times as many as the 3000 this is real important to me and I bet most consumers here other than you guys in the industry. RC on the Sony is real nice but the color filter on the 2000 seems to be something better than that. It would be nice to see a comparison of what the two offer excluding contrast.
Jim Cutter likes this.

Home Theater: JVC NX7, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- 18" Velodyn Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Oppo 203, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One
post #1595 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2251 Post(s)
Liked: 1181
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
I don't think there are any lemons here. Remember what ArrowAV's first words were regarding his "Lemon"? Here:
Mark, congrats on your purchase of the RS4500. I'll check that thread for your impressions.
markmon1 likes this.
post #1596 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11721 Post(s)
Liked: 9257
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty View Post
Well that is certainly true, but I guess I'm not really talking about the "average" consumer, even though I've used that term above. I mean, I'm not talking about my mom or my sister, because they are not going to buy a projector. I'm probably more talking about the "average" audio/video enthusiast or "average" person on audio/video forums. The people who are willing to invest in and set up a projector in any type of decent home theater are probably more technically capable and have a greater degree of knowledge than the average joe.

The point, though, is that the level of knowledge and skill to determine whether a projector is up to spec seems to me (and I suspect to Dennis, who made the point initially) to be much greater than that required for a regular audio/video enthusiast to determine if a TV is up to spec. To put it another way, I don't consider myself an "average" consumer. I think I have above average knowledge of audio and video and I can determine whether a TV looks right, and it is relatively easy for me to tweak basic settings to get the picture I want, check the grayscale, see that it doesn't have issues like macroblocking, etc. On the other hand, I see you and other guys on this forum as sort of "super heroes" of audio and video with something akin to X-ray vision -- aided, of course, by your instruments. In other words, the level of knowledge that you guys bring to the determination of whether a projector is good, or operating like it should, seems pretty extreme.

So perhaps we'll just have to agree to disagree with this clarification -- I think it is measurably (no pun intended) easier for an average enthusiast to determine if a TV is "good" then for that same person to determine if one of these projectors is "good." And it is easier for the enthusiast to get a decent picture out of a flat panel TV, especially with HDR, than it is for the same person with a projector. (I mean, nobody is loading "custom curves" into their OLED.)
No huge level of knowledge is needed. JVC specs are light output and contrast, natively and dynamically. What Nigel is doing is a deep dive to let you know more about the performance as it compares to other projectors. You can look at a couple test patterns and see for yourself if the projector is performing well or has a problem. But if looking for perfection, you will never be happy with any projector, under 100k.
post #1597 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quoted: 11721 Post(s)
Liked: 9257
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post
Nope. It would require a second HDMI INPUT on the projector with ARC capability. Starting with HDMI 1.4 an HDMI INPUT on a display device can send audio back to the AVR. Audio can travel both ways, upstream and downstream. That’s why it’s called ARC. It’s an audio return channel. Using a single HDMI cable you can send audio and video in one direction and audio in the opposite direction.

This is how flat panel TVs send audio from the TV tuner or internal streaming apps back to a receiver or sound bar. The receiver can send audio and video to the TV HDMI input, say from a Blu-ray player. But using the same ARC-enabled input the TV can send audio the opposite way to the receiver. Look at the back of your receiver and you’ll see that one of the HDMI outputs is labeled ARC. Look at the HDMI INPUTS of any modern smart TV and you’ll see an INPUT labeled ARC. That input can accept video and audio, but it can also send audio back the other way. This simplifies things greatly. And with eARC full lossless audio can be sent from the display device to the Receiver or sound bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You are not getting it. It would require an HDMI output, because an input returns input sent through it. Nothing would be coming through it to return. If the unit had ARC it would return the info on the HDMI cable that is feeding info to the projector.
post #1598 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 07:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
I hadn't thought twice about my RS2000 pre-order until now.
the feedback from RS2000 owners in this thread made me PURCHASE one. pictures are fabulous and owners say it looks great. will only get better as the firmware matures.
post #1599 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj Dee View Post
Tested this yesterday, and looks to me just the same.
Thanks for your reply. I recall that you have to input the serial number for your PJ to download the software. If that's still the case, do you think that the I could use my original software version (for the RS500) for the calibration of a new PJ, or is the Autocal more series specific? I'd prefer to only have one version of Autocal kept on my PC.
post #1600 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Guess I'm officially part of the club. 😁

Having some issues though....

First, once I adjust the zoom it doesn't fill my 16:9 screen. It leaves top and bottom a few inches bare.

Second, doesn't want to sense a signal from my Nakamichi Soundwafe. My epson was receiving it no problem though. Cable tested and works.

Ideas?
post #1601 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
I'm trying to be fair and reasonable here, to both JVC and potential JVC customer.

The fact that Arrow-AV has what appears to be a somewhat 'defective' unit, which is *not* measuring up to spec, which "looks pretty bad, with blooming," is quite worrisome to me. And I think we all understood this was a genuine 'Production' level unit, but now that problems have been identified, we're speculating that maybe it's not *really* Production series, but a pre-production holdover?

I understand that no TV or Projector manufacturer will produce completely identical displays, and that there will be some unit-to-unit variation. But it is the *degree* of difference that is worrisome.

Saying just fire it up, watch it, or hire a calibrator (which wouldn't correct Arrow-AV's 'bad blooming,' would it?), and don't worry about it, frankly doesn't cut it if I'm going to be spending 5 figures on a Projector. Surely, ignorance is not bliss in this context. I need to be able to trust that JVC will deliver on what they're claiming and advertising.

The fact they quickly corrected the DI bug is certainly reassuring, but the disappointingly poor contrast measurements, the 'bad blooming,' etc. suggest the possibility of a hardware problem, which is not so easily fixed.

As someone who has been anticipating getting an NX9 for many months now, my enthusiasm has been tempered by what I've been reading since the first units have been delivered. I had no problem whatsoever with JVC's delay, with the assumption being that when they finally shipped units, they would not have the types of problems that have been identified here.

I'm sure that if I bought one, I'd be "happy" with what I'd see, but given the unit quality 'lottery' that is being suggested here, the uncertainty that JVC is giving me what they've promised me, I'm much less confident about laying down that money. I don't think I'm being unreasonable about my wants and expectations.
Great post, sums things up nicely as I see it also, and I have to say, I feel exactly the same myself.
Toe, Bytehoven, DLCPhoto and 1 others like this.

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #1602 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameneeded View Post
Guess I'm officially part of the club.

First, once I adjust the zoom it doesn't fill my 16:9 screen. It leaves top and bottom a few inches bare.

Second, doesn't want to sense a signal from my Nakamichi Soundwafe. My epson was receiving it no problem though. Cable tested and works.

Ideas?

NX9 or NX7?

That’s odd it doesn’t fill the screen. Hmmm. I’m going to be running 16:9 as well.
post #1603 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Quote:
Guess I'm officially part of the club.

Ideas?
My guess is you are sending a 16:9 signal and the projector is in native 17:9 mode. Either switch it to scale to 16:9 or overscan the extra pixels from 17:9 outside your screen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
post #1604 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelrt View Post
My guess is you are sending a 16:9 signal and the projector is in native 17:9 mode. Either switch it to scale to 16:9 or overscan the extra pixels from 17:9 outside your screen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That makes sense.
post #1605 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Guess I'm officially part of the club. 😁

Ideas?
The imaging chips in the projector are 17:9 (true 4K - 4096 pixels wide). Consumer sources of UHD are 16:9 (3840 pixels wide). So you need to zoom out a bit more to fill a 16:9 screen. I got caught the same as you on the initial setup of my NX7.

Can't speak to the Nakamichi problem but try these trouble shooting tips:

1. Bypass the Nakamichi and send your source directly to the projector to test that you are still getting a picture.
2. If the problem is the Nakamichi make sure it is HDMI 2.0 , HDCP 2.2 compliant. This is mandatory for 4K UHD.
3. If the nakamichi does not support HDMI 2.0 you can temporarily run the Projector in 1080P HD mode only by using the HDMI2 input on the projector and setting the HDMI2 input to mode 'B'. Refer to the online owners manual.
alebonau likes this.

Bruce K.
post #1606 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 740 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog View Post
Have there been any changes to JVC's Autocal program (software previously used for my RS500) for the Spyder 5 since the update of 5/2016? Is that the version to be used for the NX5/7/9 series or is there another version that I'm unable to find by Google? If so, a link would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!
I have downloaded a manual for software version 11 and it references the NX/5/7/9 series. Have you not been able to find that one? I can't remember how I found it, but I'll try to find the link.

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...1_en_v1_00.pdf

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...onsoft-dl.html

Last edited by smitty; 01-13-2019 at 08:36 AM.
post #1607 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 08:35 AM

Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5232 Post(s)
Liked: 5468
3D requirements for the JVC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post

Also how does one get 3D on these projector ... What additional equipment is needed to make 3D work?
Hi, for 3D you'll need the JVC PK-EM2 RF emitter ($99 retail) - this plugs into the back of the projector as seen below and starts transmitting when a 3D movie is played.

You'll also need a pair of RF 3D glasses. There are a number of them out them but the relatively inexpensive Xpand RF 105's work great depending on which screen you have. The JVC's have a unique horizontal polarization process which can affect the brightness if your screen retains a lot of polarization. Post the name of your screen manufacturer / type and the info may available to know ahead of time. JVC sells very expensive glasses to handle this (The PK-AG3 show above) but there are much less expensive alternatives available here:

https://www.hi-shock.de/en/rf-pro-hi...-900-polarized

If the information on your screen's polarization retention isn't available, the easiest way to know is to pick up a pair of Xpand RF105's (link below).. watch a 3D movie and rotate them 90 degrees. If there is no change in brightness, you are good to go to order more. My Dalite 2.8HP screen retains none so I can run any RF 3D glasses and they all look the same.

https://www.amazon.com/XPAND-X105-RF...dp/B00BFO4XSA/
OzHDHT, Craig Peer, mnieto and 3 others like this.
post #1608 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceJK View Post
Can't speak to the Nakamichi problem but try these trouble shooting tips:

1. Bypass the Nakamichi and send your source directly to the projector to test that you are still getting a picture.
2. If the problem is the Nakamichi make sure it is HDMI 2.0 , HDCP 2.2 compliant. This is mandatory for 4K UHD.
3. If the nakamichi does not support HDMI 2.0 you can temporarily run the Projector in 1080P HD mode only by using the HDMI2 input on the projector and setting the HDMI2 input to mode 'B'. Refer to the online owners manual.
NX7 took signal directly.

On reboot through the Nak (2.2 compliant) I briefly saw start up logo then no signal detected.

It all works on my touch screen though. Also it took the signal from my surface through the bar.

I'm so confused.
post #1609 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 08:51 AM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 6581 Post(s)
Liked: 7613
Quote:
I'm trying to be fair and reasonable here, to both JVC and potential JVC customer.

The fact that Arrow-AV has what appears to be a somewhat 'defective' unit, which is *not* measuring up to spec, which "looks pretty bad, with blooming," is quite worrisome to me. And I think we all understood this was a genuine 'Production' level unit, but now that problems have been identified, we're speculating that maybe it's not *really* Production series, but a pre-production holdover?

I understand that no TV or Projector manufacturer will produce completely identical displays, and that there will be some unit-to-unit variation. But it is the *degree* of difference that is worrisome.

Saying just fire it up, watch it, or hire a calibrator (which wouldn't correct Arrow-AV's 'bad blooming,' would it?), and don't worry about it, frankly doesn't cut it if I'm going to be spending 5 figures on a Projector. Surely, ignorance is not bliss in this context. I need to be able to trust that JVC will deliver on what they're claiming and advertising.

The fact they quickly corrected the DI bug is certainly reassuring, but the disappointingly poor contrast measurements, the 'bad blooming,' etc. suggest the possibility of a hardware problem, which is not so easily fixed.

As someone who has been anticipating getting an NX9 for many months now, my enthusiasm has been tempered by what I've been reading since the first units have been delivered. I had no problem whatsoever with JVC's delay, with the assumption being that when they finally shipped units, they would not have the types of problems that have been identified here.

I'm sure that if I bought one, I'd be "happy" with what I'd see, but given the unit quality 'lottery' that is being suggested here, the uncertainty that JVC is giving me what they've promised me, I'm much less confident about laying down that money. I don't think I'm being unreasonable about my wants and expectations.
Valid concerns. But I assure you that these concerns apply to every projector - including the $35K Sony VW995ES. I'm guessing though that 99% of projectors ( from all brands ) pretty much meet the specifications. Although I have no clue how SIM2 rated my Lumis at 3000 lumens - not even close.
Reddig likes this.
post #1610 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Well that is certainly true, but I guess I'm not really talking about the "average" consumer, even though I've used that term above. I mean, I'm not talking about my mom or my sister, because they are not going to buy a projector. I'm probably more talking about the "average" audio/video enthusiast or "average" person on audio/video forums. The people who are willing to invest in and set up a projector in any type of decent home theater are probably more technically capable and have a greater degree of knowledge than the average joe.

The point, though, is that the level of knowledge and skill to determine whether a projector is up to spec seems to me (and I suspect to Dennis, who made the point initially) to be much greater than that required for a regular audio/video enthusiast to determine if a TV is up to spec. To put it another way, I don't consider myself an "average" consumer. I think I have above average knowledge of audio and video and I can determine whether a TV looks right, and it is relatively easy for me to tweak basic settings to get the picture I want, check the grayscale, see that it doesn't have issues like macroblocking, etc. On the other hand, I see you and other guys on this forum as sort of "super heroes" of audio and video with something akin to X-ray vision -- aided, of course, by your instruments. In other words, the level of knowledge that you guys bring to the determination of whether a projector is good, or operating like it should, seems pretty extreme.

So perhaps we'll just have to agree to disagree with this clarification -- I think it is measurably (no pun intended) easier for an average enthusiast to determine if a TV is "good" then for that same person to determine if one of these projectors is "good." And it is easier for the enthusiast to get a decent picture out of a flat panel TV, especially with HDR, than it is for the same person with a projector. (I mean, nobody is loading "custom curves" into their OLED.)
Home theater projection is a fun hobby - but it's a small niche hobby. Which is why the projectors cost so much. I have zero friends with projectors - they all have flat panel TV's. Honestly, until I started buying super expensive projectors, I just hung my projectors, did a few adjustments and called it good. Like Zombie10K said, as soon as the " old guard " gets their projectors and have a chance to play with them, there will be some set up tips and guidance on how to dial in your own projector.
AidenL and tigerhonaker like this.
post #1611 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
I have downloaded a manual for software version 11 and it references the NX/5/7/9 series. Have you not been able to find that one? I can't remember how I found it, but I'll try to find the link.

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...1_en_v1_00.pdf

https://www3.jvckenwood.com/english/...onsoft-dl.html
Much appreciated! No, for some reason I hadn't found that link.
post #1612 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:09 AM

Quote:
My NX9 have almost nothing, so might have been the best JVC unit I ever had concerning bright corners, and I have had a lot of them. So there am happy.
That's good news, although I didn't have bright corners on my RS600 either.
post #1613 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
NX7 took signal directly.

On reboot through the Nak (2.2 compliant) I briefly saw start up logo then no signal detected.

It all works on my touch screen though. Also it took the signal from my surface through the bar.

I'm so confused.
Which source is causing the problem? Is it the blu-ray player? Some models of the surface only send a 4K signal at 30hz which is less demanding than 4K at 60 hz.

Bruce K.
post #1614 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:27 AM

Htpc running Win10. i7500u with Intel HD630 and HDMI 2.0.

Works direct through sounds bar to spare monitor and works direct to NX7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceJK View Post
Which source is causing the problem? Is it the blu-ray player? Some models of the surface only send a 4K signal at 30hz which is less demanding than 4K at 60 hz.
post #1615 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Liked: 973
Quote:

Great post. Thanks.
DLCPhoto likes this.
post #1616 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
No huge level of knowledge is needed. JVC specs are light output and contrast, natively and dynamically. What Nigel is doing is a deep dive to let you know more about the performance as it compares to other projectors. You can look at a couple test patterns and see for yourself if the projector is performing well or has a problem. But if looking for perfection, you will never be happy with any projector, under 100k.
Yes this is true.
There is may be not any 100% perfect pr. out yet that money can buy.

May the next best will be in April 2019 when Christie comes with their insane expensive infinity cr. pr. to the market.
But even then there was a question if this pr. is stable or need a lot more maintenance than other pr. to keep for sample the good convergence.

Today’s best pr. money can buy is in my opinion the Barco Thor a true 6P laser DLP.
Yes it was above 100K but it has the best image I have seen from a buyable Pr. so far.

It is also not perfect as black is not super goodbut the 6300:1 on off cr. in combination with the 1000:1 ansi cr. show a wonderful picture as all other picture parameter are state of the art.
Please see here a picture of some test patter that speak for itself and show what it is possible.
Please note that the screen is a fabric V6 screen.
The other picture show the screen structure with the holes in it.
The Christie pr. will have likely the same good picture it will just add the infinity black that is an important feature no question.

But on the other hand I and some visitor was shocked when we did last summer a shootout between this Barco Laser and a Sony good 760.

Beside the lumen and brightness where of course the Barco with over 15.000 lumen win it was really amazing how the Sony 760 perform against the Barco Thor!

So it will be very interesting to made this shootout again with a JVC X9!!!

May Nigel you should come over to Munich to visit me together with a good X9?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3U8A6704_B 1920v 1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	620.8 KB
ID:	2510216   Click image for larger version

Name:	3U8A6648.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	565.3 KB
ID:	2510218  
Per Johnny, Bytehoven and Reddig like this.
post #1617 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Htpc running Win10. i7500u with Intel HD630 and HDMI 2.0.

Works direct through sounds bar to spare monitor and works direct to NX7.
Oh, a home theatre PC! Those are always dicey because it could be hardware, device drivers, or the OS itself. A debugging nightmare. I'm wondering if your HTPC is sending true DCI 4K (4096 X 2160) and the soundbar probably won't accept that but the projector sure will - it was built for both professional and consumer use.

There's likely an option in the HDMI device driver on your HTPC somewhere to restrict the HDMI output to consumer 4K (3840 X2160) and that should get it working. Fingers crossed and knock on wood.!

Bruce K.
post #1618 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 5385
Quote:
Originally Posted by docrog
Have there been any changes to JVC's Autocal program (software previously used for my RS500) for the Spyder 5 since the update of 5/2016? Is that the version to be used for the NX5/7/9 series or is there another version that I'm unable to find by Google? If so, a link would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:
Tested this yesterday, and looks to me just the same.
The new Autocal software for these new models is V11.

Although it looks similar, there are some significant differences that I've started to explain in the new thread that I've started to discuss exclusively these new models and Autocal V11.

Some of the most important ones: no differences between CMD / no CMD calibrations, you can now copy a gamma calibration to all the other gamma calibrations, support for i1pro2 (for those coming from V6/V7 as I do) and a few more.

Please google "JVC Autocal software V11" to find it as I can't post a link to it here.

It's a bit of a placeholder for now, but as soon as I receive my N7/RS2000, hopefully in the next few weeks when they ship, I plan to post a lot of info there.
David Mathews, Wookii and pogal like this.

JVC Autocal Software V11 Calibration for 2019 Models
Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders

Last edited by Manni01; 01-13-2019 at 10:45 AM.
post #1619 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombats View Post
None of those features matter (to me) if JVC has totally missed its previous track record of great D-ILA black levels and contrast with these new 4k D-ILA projectors.
The only problem I am having with these new JVCs right now is the READ/WRITE ratio. I can’t read as fast as you guys write.
post #1620 of 13217 Old 01-13-2019, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 550
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmon1 View Post
Well after testing the RS4500 in my house for a night, including its dynamic dimming, I have upgraded my RS3000 preorder to an RS4500 which I guess will ship right away. So there should be one more RS3000 available for someone
markmon1,

Smart decision .............

Terry
Craig Peer and markmon1 like this.

JVC RS4500 Laser Projector:
My "New" Home Theater Up-Dates with Pictures, March 6th, 2019 .
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/15-ge...st-2018-a.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
Jvc , nx7 , nx9 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page