Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread - Page 748 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24462Likes

post #22411 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1484 Post(s)
Liked: 1743
I can't understand how anyone wouldn't want to get the brightest image you can and enjoy the thing.... Maybe grandma can make a doilie for it and you can wrap it in plastic lol.
asharma and rjmcinnis like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22412 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 7495 Post(s)
Liked: 7533
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8DOGG View Post
I can't understand how anyone wouldn't want to get the brightest image you can and enjoy the thing....
There is a point where the brightness will start to kill the blacks.......
Josh Z likes this.
post #22413 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
that's correct!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22414 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked: 839
Quote:
From running high lamp???

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
post #22415 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I've been lurking on this thread for a while, reading y'all's comments on adjustments, settings & things of such. As i am contemplating upgrading from a Sony 55ES to a NX7, all the talk on changing this and changing that, has me wondering is the JVC a projector that you can have calibrated and forget it? I'm not much for making setting changes just to watch this movie or that movie. I like to turn it on, sit down and enjoy and have a great picture to watch doing so.

Am I reading to much into the talk?
post #22416 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 283 Post(s)
Quoted: 13791 Post(s)
Liked: 11432
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Changer View Post
I've been lurking on this thread for a while, reading y'all's comments on adjustments, settings & things of such. As i am contemplating upgrading from a Sony 55ES to a NX7, all the talk on changing this and changing that, has me wondering is the JVC a projector that you can have calibrated and forget it? I'm not much for making setting changes just to watch this movie or that movie. I like to turn it on, sit down and enjoy and have a great picture to watch doing so.

Yes. That is one of its biggest advantages. Turn on dynamic tone mapping and just watch movies.
post #22417 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 06:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked: 4705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonChad View Post
So it sounds like your screen size will be similar to mine. Did you happen to sample the Cima Neve or any other screens before going with the ST130? I have samples of both on my wall now and I swear they are super close. In fact, my wife says she isn’t sure she can tell the difference. I know these small sample sizes cannot replicate what I’ll see with a 135” screen, but the ST130 is $1200 more expensive than the Cima so that may play a big factor in my decision.

I noticed the news about the extra lamp. Good reminder on that.
I checked the sample of those two materials here and the ST130 it was easier to see the 4K pixel grid. To me, that means its just slightly sharper all around.
Craig Peer and ClemsonChad like this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" ST130 G4 screen in batcave, htpc nvidia 1080ti madVR.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, Infinite Baffle Subs 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 2x12 fi audio mounted in main chair firing into back.
post #22418 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1837 Post(s)
Liked: 936
Quote:

Greetings from your Mooresville neighbor!

The main difficulty with achieving a 100% "set it and forget it" Theater is HDR, and its current early stage of development. It's a little bit of the "bleeding" edge of technology where things haven't been fully standardized and worked out. Theoretically, movies would contain metadata that tells the player and display system what to expect, and provide consistent image quality. But the problem is this has been inconsistently implemented. Sometimes the metadata isn't there at all, sometimes it isn't accurate, etc.

So we as relatively early adopters (especially in the Projector world) have had to work our way around various fixes. And believe me, it was much worse just a few short years ago.

All that said, I find that with the Dynamic Tone Mapping of the current JVC's, especially if combined with one of the Panasonic players, for around 70% of the HDR movies I watch, possibly a little more, there's nothing I have to do - just hit play, and I'm good to go. There are a few outliers where I prefer to tweak settings to get things looking the absolute best. But with my prior experience with photography, I'm very tuned into certain aspects of picture quality, where some may be perfectly happy with what they're seeing, and feel no need to make adjustments at all, even for what I call 'outliers.'

With regular blu-ray, it is completely 100% 'set it and forget it.' Put in the disc, hit play, sit back and enjoy. And for many, it is the same way with HDR movies - they don't see/feel a need to tweak settings once they get things set up. Others can be more OCD about it, and feel the itch to tweak occasionally.

Hope this provides some perspective on this. You know how AVS-ers tend to obsess over tiny differences!

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #22419 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked: 4705
Quote:
You just close the iris down more though. The ideal screen is one that's such high gain with no sparkles that everyone can run low lamp -15 iris and get the max contrast.
Craig Peer likes this.

Video: JVC RS4500 135" ST130 G4 screen in batcave, htpc nvidia 1080ti madVR.
Audio: Anthem mrx720 running 7.1.4, McIntosh MC-303, MC-152, B&W 802d3 LR, B&W HTM1D3 center, B&W 805d3 surround, B&W 702S2 rear, B&W 706s2 x 4 shelf mounted for atmos, Infinite Baffle Subs 4x15 fi audio running on behringer ep4000 + 2x12 fi audio mounted in main chair firing into back.
post #22420 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 06:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

I am a new owner of a NX7. I too have been following this thread. I have not had my projector calibrated yet, but everything I have watched be it 4K bluray, TV or standard and 4K streaming, the image have all been amazing. Once calibrated it will be even more enjoyable to watch.

Some of the people on this thread seek to obtain the perfect image and in doing so will tweek each setting to get the most they can out of their equipment. Think of it like the gear head that want every last horse power and torque they can get out of their car. A lot of people will be happy with their car the way it is, others want to put everything they can afford to get maximum performance.

You will find this to be the same in many hobbies or passions. Some people are more passionate about perfection than others. The JVC NX series allows for those that want the best without putting in the effort to get there, while at the same time allow those that want to put in the time and money to achieve their goal. I fall somewhere in the middle. I am not into all the specialized equipment or learning the technical aspect of getting every last ounce out of my projector. I did put the money into an anamorphic lens (Paladin DCR) for wide screen movies, and I got the mid-range JVC (the NX7). For me this was the best compromise as I got a good deal on the DCR lens. In the future I may get some of the equipment you read about on this forum, but for now I am happy with what I have.

Don't be discouraged by what you read. There are a lot of very smart people here that can help if you run into something you don't understand. The discussions (and even the disagreements) can be educational. For example, trying to make both your projector and bluray player do Tone Mapping is not a good idea.

I highly recommend you have your projector calibrated by a professional. The JVC NX 7 is a great projector.
post #22421 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by asharma View Post
i had a lengthy discussion with Stewart last week...Depending on size of room (mine is only 12 wide by 17 deep) and size of screen (mine is 2.35,125' diagonal), and room treatment (mine is a triple black velvet cave), the ST100 is highly recommended because of its uniformity and because there is no coating it will produce the highest dynamic range between black and white...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommarra View Post
Wouldnt you have to run the PJ in High mode to get decent HDR performance?

Only of my reason to go with higher gain was to be able to get by low mode and still get 100 nits or so
I have a 130” 2.4:1 ST100 screen in a black velvet bat cave and I always run my RS1000 in low lamp mode and with Aspect set to Auto. Most of my viewing is 4K HDR content through madVR with occasional streaming and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything in low lamp. I wouldn’t trade that ST100 material for anything else that may or may not sparkle
post #22422 of 27742 Old 01-20-2020, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLCPhoto View Post
I was going to say the same thing as Coderguy - the UB420 would be my first choice, for relatively little money.

As to its necessity, that's a tougher call. In my particular case, I have the DRA Slider on the Panasonic at +4, with the JVC HDR Level on High (I have a large 160" diagonal scope screen), and that seems to be just right for perhaps 70-80% of the movies I watch. With the others, I have to either make subtle adjustments with the slider, or grosser changes by going to HDR Level of Medium on the JVC, or possibly a combination of the two.

You wouldn't have to decide up-front anyway. Just get the Projector, use your current player, and see what the results are using the JVC's Low/Medium/High adjustments. If you need finer adjustments, you could always add the UB420 (and wait for it to go on sale in the interim).
Im not planning on nearly that wide a screen. 110" wide is my goal. Thank you for the good info.
DLCPhoto likes this.
post #22423 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 12:10 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504 View Post
I am extremely frustrated. This is my second RS1000, as I was sent a replacement last week for what seemed like a dust blob. The new one was installed on Thursday, and while watching a movie yesterday, I noticed this pink circle that appears in scenes with white and bright backgrounds. It's not my HDMI cables because it appeared in the two I tested. It's not my screen because the circle moved with the image when screen shifting. And it's not the player because I tested it on 2 different machines.

Per JVC, it's not a dust blob, so I sent them the attached images and they'll reach back out to me.

While this is a great projector, I don't expect these type of issues when spending this type of money, especially when my previous Sony 45ES never had one single issue. I'm starting to regret my purchase.
The problem with great optics is that you can find more faults then before because you see it more clearer but yeah really base luck.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
post #22424 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 05:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 2333 Post(s)
Liked: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkino View Post
I have a 130” 2.4:1 ST100 screen in a black velvet bat cave and I always run my RS1000 in low lamp mode and with Aspect set to Auto. Most of my viewing is 4K HDR content through madVR with occasional streaming and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything in low lamp. I wouldn’t trade that ST100 material for anything else that may or may not sparkle
Great info!!! How big is the room and what is your throw distance? IS it 100 percent velvet?

Video:JVC NX7, 125” 2.35 Stewart ST100 Electric, Sony 85” 900F Sony 55” 900F
Audio: Paradigm Prestige 95, 55C, 15b, 25s, Dual SVS SB3000
Receiver/Amp: Anthem 1120, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Source: Panasonic UB820, Triple black velvet batcave
post #22425 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:

I have an NX7 and I don't change settings (beyond initial setup). I watch everything from lame 1080p via cable to 4K HDR via Blu-ray discs and streaming. I let the projector do its thing, and I enjoy it thoroughly.

The tweakers in this thread are Mad Scientists (in a good way) who enjoy the pursuit of every last drop of improvement. But one can have a superb JVC ownership experience without constant tweaking.
DLCPhoto, jrlnc, 24Changer and 2 others like this.
post #22426 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 796 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Add me and my RS1000 (same as the N5/NX5 but flagged as the "installer" version by a decorative gold ring around the lens) to those who say that constant tweaking is not necessary.

I have a large (11.5' wide not diagonal) relatively low-gain (0.93) screen, so I run on high lamp and frame-by-frame DTM High in my basement theater with matte black paint walls on the ceiling and side walls from the screen to the couch.

Other than kicking the lamp and DTM up to High, the only other tweak I've done is having the projector memorize two screen sizes: 10' 4" wide in standard 16:9 framing (the AUTO aspect setting) for non-scope material (so my hair doesn't cast shadows), and 11' 6" wide for scope films, in the ZOOM aspect setting. (The setup memories are called Installation Modes.)

Other than toggling between those two setup memories, I don't do any tweaking.

I've had the projector running for a few months now, and an appointment for a calibrator in May, but I think it already looks fantastic, whether showing UHD disks, standard 1080p Blu-rays (including 3D disks), and streaming in up to UHD. DVDs look a little soft blown up that big, but they're still watchable, upscaled by my Oppo 203.

Phil
True 4K/HDR10/3D JVC DLA-RS1000 (N5/NX5) projector, 7.2.4 Paradigm/Boston Acoustics/Onkyo speakers. Yamaha RX-A3070 (w/ Denon 2307CI to power 4 overheads). Sources: Oppo UDP-203, 4K Nvidia Shield, 4K Roku Ultra, 4K Amazon FireStick, Comcast 4K cable box, Win 10 PC.
My water-themed landscape photography website - only 24 pix up so far.

Last edited by Philnick; 01-21-2020 at 07:33 AM.
post #22427 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Ethernet connection anyone?

Is anyone using the Ethernet connection and if yes would you mind sharing what value or functionality have you gained from it?

I have an NX7 I’ve just mounted. Fantastic piece of cinephile kit even straight out of the box. Looking forward to getting some hours on it and having it properly calibrated.

JVC NX7, Grandview 120 TT 1.0 gain (waiting on an Elunevision Aurora ALR), Anthem AVM60, McIntosh MC207, B&W 804D3s, B&W 804D2s, Rel T1 x 2.

Thanks for any insights and advice.
post #22428 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundsinbc View Post

Is anyone using the Ethernet connection and if yes would you mind sharing what value or functionality have you gained from it?

I have an NX7 I’ve just mounted. Fantastic piece of cinephile kit even straight out of the box. Looking forward to getting some hours on it and having it properly calibrated.
That connection is for IP control of the projector.
post #22429 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)
Liked: 864
Official JVC RS3000/NX9 - JVC RS2000/NX7/N7 - JVC RS1000/NX5/N5 - Owners Thread

Quote:

Autocal, also IP control like from my phone.
post #22430 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 564
Quote:

I few of us - e.g., @markmon1 are using the ethernet cable and MadVR to automatically change lens memories and picture mode depending on the content.

On my setup, I detect the Aspect ratio, Color space (HDR, BT2020, or Rec.709) and use it to automatically change the Lens Memory (16:9 and Scope w/ Zoom), and select the right Picture profile (Standard Rec 709, HDR with high lamp and color filter off, or SDR)

It takes away the pain of finding the remote and changing the lens memory or picture profile - makes for a truly plug and play model.
BobDyl and catav like this.

Gear: Fronts: B&W 804D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 684S2 | Backs: B&W 684S2 | Heights: B&W DM601S3 | Subs: 3x PSA S1500 Receiver & Amps: Arcam AV40 + Monoprice Monolith 7x200 + Outlaw 7000x | Projector: JVC NX7 | Screen: 126 inch 16:9 Stewart Studiotek 130 G4 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #22431 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1484 Post(s)
Liked: 1743
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkino View Post

Have you tried it on high for a few movies though?
I'm running a 135", 1.3 Severtson and the difference between low and high is pretty drastic. With HDR in low lamp, it feels like it's doing next to nothing. Switch the same scene to high and it's really different.

From the sounds of it, the 2 main reasons people use the low lamp are cost of the lamp and noise, rather than affecting the pq in any way.
I mean, you'd just calibrate it in high mode at the end of the day, that's how I had it done.
post #22432 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I'll sneak in here asking for advice for my potential setup possibilities using the NX5.

My throw is 20 feet.

Screen size is either 43 or 45 inches tall, 2.40:1.

I will be using a 0.8 gain material since I'm planning on doing this in a living room.

Will only watch when it's totally dark.

I have nothing against running the lamp on high, lamps are quite cheap if you buy only the bulb.

With Auto Tone Mapping set to High, how bright of an image should I expect, will the HDR experience be above the 100 nits of SDR?

Maybe you don't need brighter?

Is there even a point of going the HDR route at this throw, would I need a brighter projector?

The zoom would be around 1.14 to 1.20x.

Lacking experience here, as you can tell.

Thanks.

Last edited by Vitus4K; 01-21-2020 at 03:05 PM.
post #22433 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 564
An unrelated question -

Is Panasonic 420 any good to work with NX7?

Crutchfueld has the Blu-ray for an obscenely low price and I was wondering if I should pull the plug?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear: Fronts: B&W 804D3 | Center: B&W HTM2D3 | Surrounds: B&W 684S2 | Backs: B&W 684S2 | Heights: B&W DM601S3 | Subs: 3x PSA S1500 Receiver & Amps: Arcam AV40 + Monoprice Monolith 7x200 + Outlaw 7000x | Projector: JVC NX7 | Screen: 126 inch 16:9 Stewart Studiotek 130 G4 | Source: HTPC with Nvidia 2070, Kodi + External Player: MPC-HC with MadVR (for Blu-ray rips), Nvidia Shield (for streaming content)
post #22434 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 2066 Post(s)
Liked: 2126
Quote:
An unrelated question -

Crutchfueld has the Blu-ray for an obscenely low price and I was wondering if I should pull the plug?

Thoughts?

It is an excellent UHD player. No Dolby Vision support but not needed with projectors. Build quality is flimsy buy it does a great job with upscaling and playing UHD discs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
DLCPhoto, tommarra and Archibald1 like this.

Tristan Jones
post #22435 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1082 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
An unrelated question -

Thoughts?

It's a good match. Won't need anything more expensive.
post #22436 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1837 Post(s)
Liked: 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitus4K View Post
I'll sneak in here asking for advice for my potential setup possibilities using the NX5.

My throw is 20 feet.

I will be using a 0.8 gain material since I'm planning on doing this in a living room.

I have nothing against running the lamp on high, lamps are quite cheap if you buy only the bulb.

With Auto Tone Mapping set to High, how bright of an image should I expect, will the HDR experience be above the 100 nits of SDR?

Is there even a point of going the HDR route at this throw, would I need a brighter projector?

Thanks.
The throw distance will work for the screen size and type you're considering. I'll leave it to others to estimate brightness.

One question, though: you say you'd be using a 0.8 gain screen since you're doing this in a living room. I'm not understanding the rationale here - why not use a higher gain screen to get a bit more brightness? Is going to be Acoustically Transparent (but even then there are options to go a little higher).

JVC NX7, DCR Lens, Marantz SR7010, Screen Innovations 160" 2.35:1 Screen
Front L/R: Duntech Sovereigns, powered by 2 bridged Adcom GFA-555
Center: Revel C208 powered by Cambridge Audio Azur 851W
Dolby Bed (4): Sony Core SS-CS5, Atmos (4): Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 SE
Subwoofer: DIY 8' sub with 4 18" SI Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000
post #22437 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitus4K View Post

My throw is 20 feet.

Thanks.
My screen is 45" tall, 2.40 aspect ratio and 0.8 gain. I have RS3000 at short end of throw. I currently use a DCR lens, but did ues lens memory for a little while. For HDR you will need high lamp. For SDR you can use low lamp. Even in high lamp you will be brightness challenged for HDR. You will be around 22FL. That is just barely bright enough for HDR with a fresh lamp. The low gain and the long throw are really hurting you.
post #22438 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 07:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
My room is not a "bat cave" - reasonable amount of black velvet at the front of the room, with many dark brown window treatments. But medium tan/brown walls, and a white ceiling (vaulted, so not too close to the screen). So not as good as those with "bat caves" but probably a little better than yours, based on your description.

I have a Screen Innovations Solar White screen - it has a nominal gain of 1.3.

I'm a little older than many here, so my high frequency hearing isn't what it was. I sit about 14' 4" from the screen, and the Projector is at 18' 2", and at about an 8 to 9 foot height. I can hear the fan in High Lamp if there's no audio during a movie, but it is not apparent (to me at least!) when there is any dialogue, music, etc.

Everything in life is a compromise, so you have to decide if the added picture quality using High Lamp is worth more to you than the distraction of the fan noise. Different people will make different decisions, so there is no 'right or wrong' here.

Or build a hush box with no compromise !
post #22439 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 239
My NX5 is throwing 21’ or so with a Panamorph onto a 133” Black Diamond 2.40. I am in low lamp 99% of the time. I feel like the lens and the 1.4 BD really helped with that. I am eager to try a 1.0 Unity though.
post #22440 of 27742 Old 01-21-2020, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 187 Post(s)
Quoted: 6148 Post(s)
Liked: 2559
Quote:
One question, though: you say you'd be using a 0.8 gain screen since you're doing this in a living room. I'm not understanding the rationale here - why not use a higher gain screen to get a bit more brightness?
A low gain screen can improve the contrast ratio in a non-ideal viewing environment.
catav likes this.

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Hi-End Projectors - $3,000+ USD MSRP

Tags
drift , Jvc , nx5 , nx7 , nx9 , pixel alignment , rs1000 , rs2000 , rs3000

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page